It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Invade Gaza - FIRST LEAD: Israeli ground troops in Gaza kill six Palestinians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Israel Invade Gaza - FIRST LEAD: Israeli ground troops in Gaza kill six Palestinians

news.monste rsandcritics.com

Gaza - Israel sent ground troops into the southern and northern Gaza Strip early Wednesday, sparking fighting with local Palestinian militants and killing at least six, medical officials said.

Witnesses said troops were operating on the eastern outskirts of Gaza City in the north and the eastern outskirts of Khan Younis in the south, in both cases up to two kilometres into the Strip.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Is this the start of the July troubles that have been talked about in previous posts? With Israel now in the Gaza strip, how long will it be until we get retaliation from other Arab nations??

news.monste rsandcritics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
While Fatahh gunmen call for Abbas to declare Martial Law, it looks like the region is descending in to even more chaos.

Masked Hamas fighters overran all security strongholds of Abbas’ rival Fateh faction across the territory, where at least 113 people had been killed in less than a week in an explosion of bloodshed.
The takeover of Gaza effectively split the Palestinians into two, with Hamas -- considered a terrorist group by the EU, Israel and the United States -- in charge of the Gaza Strip and Fateh retaining control over the West Bank.
“All the headquarters of the security services in the Gaza Strip are under control of the Ezzedin al-Kassam Brigades, including the Presidency”, Abu Obeida, a spokesman for Hamas’ armed wing, told reporters.
Fateh-linked gunmen responded by urging Abbas to declare martial law and called for their fighters to mobilize in the West Bank and consider any Hamas member an “outlaw”.
Link
www.mmorning.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hi there Fowl Play,
This Israeli GROUND TROOP stuff your writing about re killing six palestinians I can't confirm. Can You?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
An IDF representative acknowledged a ground incursion by Israeli forces into the northern Gaza community of Shaja'iya, east of Gaza City, where two Palestinians died in the fighting.

Israeli and Palestinian sources reported a second Israeli incursion in southern Gaza, near Khan Yunis. According to Palestinian security sources, three Palestinians were killed.
link
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
now reports of 12 palestinians dead

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Fowl Play:

"An Israeli army spokeswoman would only say they were operating against 'terrorist threats from the region.'

Palestinian witnesses said an Israeli shell hit a house opposite the Karni border east of Gaza City, killing two militants of the al- Qassam Brigades, Hamas' armed wing, and wounding three other members of the same Helles family.

The Israeli military said it was returning fire at an armed militant.

An Islamic Jihad militant was also killed in Gaza City when his car was struck by a missile fired from an aircraft backing up the ground troops on the city outskirts, witnesses said.

Heavy gunbattles meanwhile were also ongoing east of Khan Younis, where militants confronted the Israeli troops with anti-tank missiles and semi-automatic fire. An Islamic Jihad and a Hamas militant were killed there, while witnesses said that a member of Hamas' Executive Force was also killed in an explosion.

Palestinians said the Israeli ground operations, which injured also six others, were the toughest since Hamas seized full control of the Strip nearly two weeks ago. "

As well as another six Palestinians injured.

Dunno but what I had suggested before without detail, is the apparent very-minor part the Israeli Soldiers were involved with here. The report you gave was just Israel Soldier Incursion -- yes?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
What i originally gave was the headline-
FIRST LEAD: Israeli ground troops in Gaza kill six Palestinians
Which was the original lead i found to the story, which as suggested speaks of Israeli military incursions in to the Gaza strip and by the sounds of it, other Palestinian areas.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Here we go again...more violence... more bullheadiness.... more death.... none of which will do anything except to strengthen Hamas hand. The stupidity is mind boggling.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The Israeli military said it was returning fire at an armed militant.

Why doubt this? arabs are always making the first attacks and the liberal/ conspiracy press are always downplaying that fact.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Fowl Play,

Hi again. Here's your first line from your words, ie:

FW: "Israel Invade Gaza - FIRST LEAD: Israeli ground troops in Gaza kill six Palestinians"...

Not trying to corner you. Just trying to suggest -- hey, we have to respect our Jewish Members Fowl Play, I can't see you or any other Member here at the big show would want anything else but truth and fairness.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by albie
Why doubt this? arabs are always making the first attacks and the liberal/ conspiracy press are always downplaying that fact.

Why doubt this? Israelis are always making the first attacks and the conservative conspiracy press are always downplaying that fact.

The truth lies somewhere injured and bleeding between the two.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by grover]

mod edit: fixed quote box

[edit on 6/27/2007 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hi Dallas, i have a lot of respect for all members, but noone can be in doubt of the admitted occupation that goes on there. Incursions in to Palestinian lands are invasions, for whatever reason.
I am not anti-semetic, i am just reporting what i read. The information is there and people can make up their own minds, but it is hardly false reporting.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Israelis are always making the first attacks and the conservative conspiracy press are always downplaying that fact.

The truth lies somewhere injured and bleeding between the two.

I agree with you. The way I see it, and people can throw this around, is that by virtue of being in such a tenuous position in the world and being so disliked by their neighbors, Israel has developed a nervous twitch and is too willing to deliver disproportionate responses to things that the rest of us feel are small. This is not to justify what Israel does in any given circumstance, merely to explain it.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Israeli ongoing operations kill 11 in Gaza

Israeli operations in Gaza Strip continued, raising the death toll to 11 Palestinians on Wednesday, hours after army tanks and bulldozers rolled in the east of Gaza city and southern Gaza Strip.

In the latest raid, a tank shell hit a house in Sheja'eya neighborhood in eastern Gaza City, killing four Palestinians, including a nine-year-old boy and a member of the Islamic Jihad's (Holy War) military wing.
Link.
english.people.com.cn...

Tanks and Bulldozers roll in to Gaza?
Invasion?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
That was not exactly what I was trying to say; I was trying to point out the his knee jerk quality of albie's initial post:

"Why doubt this? Arabs are always making the first attacks and the liberal/ conspiracy press are always downplaying that fact."

By simple reversing the words to highlight such a statement could be used both ways.

Personally the way I see it, both sides over there are guilty and both sides have blood on their hands and both sides deserve each other.

To put a thumbs up for any war or violence or death is just plain ignorant.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
already a 25year old and 9 yr old civilian dead out of 10 Palestinians already killed.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

To put a thumbs up for any war or violence or death is just plain ignorant.

Erm, this was not aimed at you, it was refering to Dallas questioning me on using the word " Invasion".
i do not put thumbs up to any violence. i was justifying the terminology.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
OK my mistake... you see so many arm chair warriors cheering on the violence my objection to it has become almost automatic.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hey there Fowl Play,

are talking above about your partial statement below, ie:

FP Wrote: "The information is there and people can make up their own minds, but it is hardly false reporting. (thumbs up)"

Dallas

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join