It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Invade Gaza - FIRST LEAD: Israeli ground troops in Gaza kill six Palestinians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Hi there Fowl Play,
This Israeli GROUND TROOP stuff your writing about re killing six palestinians I can't confirm. Can You?

Dallas

Israeli Troops Kill 10 Palestinians

JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli attacks in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday killed 10 Palestinians, including a 12-year-old boy, Palestinians said, the bloodiest fighting in the area since the Hamas militant group violently seized control two weeks ago.

more?

I heard it's 12 now. Wonder where this is headed?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think the bottom line is that Israel still considers Gaza their Territiry. They are merely viewing the palastinians as "tenants" while they view themselves as the landlords.

They reserve the right to take action involving incursions into Gaza when they see fit.
Right or wrong, I think this is an accurate description of the way Isreal view the territiry. THey are tolerating the Palistinians...for a time.

Don't expect it to last.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You have a valid point. It is also a way of assuring a viable Palestinian state can never truly evolve.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Im sorry i dont agree, the Israeli's themselves, even the highest in their pecking order have referred to themselves as Occupiers..
This to me says, if they are already Occupying someone elses lands and then they incur further into those territories and kill their Men & Children.. they are not only Murderous Invaders but dispicable Child Murderers.

The above statement does not care who these occupiers are... Israeli, Chinese, African. What i am saying is there is no Anti-semeticness intented.. I would report the same regardless of the Ethnic origin of the occupiers.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Despite the villianification of Israel the facts are obvious. There are thousands of people begging to leave Gaza and nobody lined up to go back in. That says a lot about both sides. The current leaders in Gaza are nothing more than common thugs who use the guise of Islam along with some RPGs and AK-47s to take over.

Reality has a way of forcing the truth out into the open. After decades of terrorist war against Israel, Gazans know they are better off begging Israel for admission rather than facing the reality of Iranian-backed Hamas’ Islamist rule. About 700 meters behind them is a hastily-built Hamas checkpoint, where Hamas terrorists—now ruling over Gaza—wave away late-comers and await any Fatah terrorists who give up hope. On June 20, Israeli tanks moved to positions at the Gaza end of the corridor to forestall any Hamas bloodbath.
source

These incursions are to prevent Hamas from stopping people who are trying to leave, and to reataliate when Hamas opens fire on the refugees or Israeli soldiers at the border. If Israel wanted to invade Gaza the could easily do so at any time. They're just policing the border for now. If Israel leaves the Gaza strip completely alone, it would spiral into a Taliban like rule where no one in their right mind would want to live.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I think the bottom line is that Israel still considers Gaza their Territiry. They are merely viewing the palastinians as "tenants" while they view themselves as the landlords.

They reserve the right to take action involving incursions into Gaza when they see fit.
Right or wrong, I think this is an accurate description of the way Isreal view the territiry. THey are tolerating the Palistinians...for a time.

Don't expect it to last.

Sadly I agree with this too. Time is running out and this summer is going to be hot.

America and Israel pushed for democratic elections in Gaza and they got them. That resulted in both America and Israel marginalizing who the PEOPLE chose to elect. Now this is the inevitable backlash.

Photographing an Arab with a purple inked stained finger tip is simply a useless propaganda. It's just not that simple and only fools believe it to be so. Our leaders at times may be arrogant but they are not fools. It's the people they look at as such, and they in turn celebrate trivial accomplishments without actually having a full grasp of the deadly situation we face.

The lesson here is that social evolution is a big part of democracy. Forcing democracy (in an undemocratic way) on an unprepared and complex nation/group will only end in disaster.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, the story is certainly true. Here it is on FoxNews (not that everything Fox reports is true, but you know what I mean) lol

Fox News

I would think that this is rather big news, but Fox has this article buried away in its "Middle East" Section without pictures - just a text link. They sure are playing this one low-key, eh?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
America and Israel pushed for democratic elections in Gaza and they got them. That resulted in both America and Israel marginalizing who the PEOPLE chose to elect. Now this is the inevitable backlash.

Photographing an Arab with a purple inked stained finger tip is simply a useless propaganda. It's just not that simple and only fools believe it to be so. Our leaders at times may be arrogant but they are not fools. It's the people they look at as such, and they in turn celebrate trivial accomplishments without actually having a full grasp of the deadly situation we face.

The lesson here is that social evolution is a big part of democracy. Forcing democracy (in an undemocratic way) on an unprepared and complex nation/group will only end in disaster.
I understand what you're saying. I think in major respects I agree. I am curious as to what your solution to the problem is.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Blair named Mideast envoy, Israel kills 12 in Gaza

JERUSALEM, June 27 (Reuters) - International powers named Tony Blair their Middle East peace envoy on Wednesday, handing the outgoing British prime minister a daunting new challenge on a day Israeli forces killed 12 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

The Quartet of would-be peacemakers -- the United States, United Nations, European Union and Russia -- made the expected announcement shortly after Blair handed power to party colleague Gordon Brown. Last-minute Russian hesitation was overcome.

Blair, who led Britain for 10 years, has strong backing from U.S. President George W. Bush. Israel has said it approves of the choice as have aides to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
link
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I heard it's early lee anoma. I'm not sure re your question 'where's this going'?
We can take it to your desired zone. But I may still have a wee-bit of trouble understanding the next phrase. But thanks all the same.

Dallas

EDIT: Israel's working toward peace. It's unfortunate finding the peace zone costs lives on both sides.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
strange how a persons idea of someone wanting peace can go through different ranges. I always thought of someone that was striving towards peace as one who is without violence or blood on their hands, and not someone who was looking to assasinate one person and uses a 500lb bomb and inadvertantly takes out an innocent family of 12 instead.

If thats someone looking for peace we are in big trouble.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The Overall event is Troubling

I wonder what are the Field Objectives the Israeli commanders were given?

Do they have a list of Hamas Operatives and officers to Detain?

Is this a demonstration of Strengh to intimidate the new Hamas-Controlled Gaza?

I mean... when you launch a military operation like this, you have guidelines... objectives...

I don't believe the purpose of the incursion is to Occupy Gaza (what would they have to gain from this?? The area is now strictly Hamas-Controlled... They could have just bombed the crap out of the Area... its not like its a Vast zone to cover)

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Here we go again...more violence... more bullheadiness.... more death.... none of which will do anything except to strengthen Hamas hand. The stupidity is mind boggling.

Hey, par for the course. Europe has had its wars and doesn't want anymore of them hence the EEC. The US and the middle east have not yet had wars with millions of their citizens dead and most cities destroyed. Until they do they will continue to think guns are the solution.

Please note that all wars involving the US only involved their troops. They will not grow up until their cities are carpet bombed. Only then will they think : this is not a good idea maybe we should avoid conflict!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by albie
Why doubt this? arabs are always making the first attacks and the liberal/ conspiracy press are always downplaying that fact.

Why doubt this? Israelis are always making the first attacks and the conservative conspiracy press are always downplaying that fact.

The truth lies somewhere injured and bleeding between the two.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by grover]

mod edit: fixed quote box

[edit on 6/27/2007 by Gools]

You clearly know nothing of this. You clearly only get your news from liberal/conspiracy sources.

Might I suggest your local library for books on history?

Might I suggest you not google " anti jew news" when you want to know what's going on in the world?

Is that too much to ask?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

That was not exactly what I was trying to say; I was trying to point out the his knee jerk quality of albie's initial post:

"Why doubt this? Arabs are always making the first attacks and the liberal/ conspiracy press are always downplaying that fact."

By simple reversing the words to highlight such a statement could be used both ways.

Personally the way I see it, both sides over there are guilty and both sides have blood on their hands and both sides deserve each other.

To put a thumbs up for any war or violence or death is just plain ignorant.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by grover]

What you did was nonsense. arabs are continually breaking ceasefires. What you say makes no sense.

"By simple reversing the words to highlight such a statement could be used both ways."

Does that make both statments right? no.

Why did you bother then?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I know far more about the situition in Israel than you think which is why I flipped your words. I am not anti-Jew as you suggest; I am just not blinded by a simplistic ideology that equates Israel=good=right vs Palestinians=bad=wrong. Both sides have blood on their hands and neither side can claim the moral high ground.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The civis over there can claim that ground.

I feel so bad for them, most of which are just trying to live in their homeland, and with not much else to go to anywhere else. They are kinda in pergitory waiting for hell to freeze over.

May this situation find a means to a end ASAP. Or else im sure their will be more "experiences" that could have potential to spark other endeavors.

My heart goes out to those of which truely are searching for a place to live their life in peace, not peices.

-Outy 5000

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I know far more about the situition in Israel than you think which is why I flipped your words. I am not anti-Jew as you suggest; I am just not blinded by a simplistic ideology that equates Israel=good=right vs Palestinians=bad=wrong. Both sides have blood on their hands and neither side can claim the moral high ground.

Grover speaks many truths with what he just said.

This is just a pointless blood bath where both sides are too stubborn to work together.

It is sad really because I think that if they can't live together peacefully then the rest of the world will never be able to.

I think a good barometer for if there will ever be peace on earth is the middle east and right now it is pointing towards NEVER.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I must first give a round of applause to Israel for putting these islamofascists in their place..which is six feet under the ground. Israel should take Gaza without bearing any form of guilt... they should be obliged to spread democracy against the terrorist islamofascist regime AKA Hamas.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I must first give a round of applause to Israel for putting these islamofascists in their place..which is six feet under the ground. Israel should take Gaza without bearing any form of guilt... they should be obliged to spread democracy against the terrorist islamofascist regime AKA Hamas.

Sorry but an apartheid Government that favors one religion over others is hardly a democracy. They are trying though. Right now they are more like a Theocratic Military Junta. In many cases their military is who makes the decisions. In a Democracy there is no prejudism over who can and cannot own land. It was only this month that laws were changed that non-jews (Yes Non-jews are Christians too) could buy and own land. If I were to buy land and only sell to Christians or whites I'd be in a lot of trouble.

Bear in mind the Hamas government was keeping and holding a truce when they first became elected for over 18months. It wasn't until Israel began to pressure them for no apparent reason, arrested their government members illegally, murdered a family on the beach and several others immediately following that before they finally broke the cease-fire and began to finally fight back. The Islamofascists were pressured by the Zionofascists to make a stand. They did what the people had elected them to do, to protect their citizens as best as possible. I realize your blind support doesnt allow you to see such things but if you look back you can read the news and see the events. Some can remember how the chain of events played out. Once more people/countries begin to boycott I have a feeling Israel will come around to the 21st century and realize people are no longer willing to live in fear for their dreams of an Eretz Israel born again. They will have to settle for what they have now and get over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join