It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI to restrict student freedoms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
THIS is what the article says and i interpret it to be a Police State type of deal.

But But where oh where does it state they are going to restrict student freedoms? Your interpreatation does not count. Show us where it states it in writting.

As you can see my interpreation and yours differ so prove your point with hard facts rather then assumptions if you will.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well it said American students, so if the restrictions are to be imposed on foreign change students, I imagine that it will spill on all the student populations in campuses.

After all it is true that the government has gotten a very sharp interest in this students.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Marg, this is for every student- American and non-American.

Americans mainly.

No not really it is maily foriegn. Did you read it?

" to be on the lookout for foreign spies or potential terrorists trying to steal their research"

What comes first? FOREIGN. Nuf said.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

THIS is what the article says and i interpret it to be a Police State type of deal.

This is nothing new. There are many universities and companies that research and work on projects of a sensitive nature. Some students (US citizens) might even have to apply for a security clearance and just like any other American with a security clearance they are required to report all foreign travel, contacts, undergo background checks, etc...

This does not apply to every student, it only applies to the small percentage that might be working on sensitive projects. Even most of the students who do an internship with the US government, overseas and stateside, have to get a clearance.

All governments do this, the USG has been doing this for a long time. Only recently they have seen an increase in possible espionage and are taking action to ensure that no "spies" (for lack of a better term) go unnoticed. Many coorporations that dab in special projects do the same and require their workers to report foreign travel, vacations, contacts, the list goes on.

[edit on 24/6/2007 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yes I understand that is some projects that required security background, but what is been encouraged now is to spy on your own fellow students that happen to be foreigners not on special projects alone, but also in the campuses and around you also.

This can become very dangerous specially it is competition between students for projects, many do not find very nice to have a foreigner winning the grant or getting better recognition or honors.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Boston.com IS THE BOSTON GLOBE. They're Republican for the most part, unlike the Boston Herald.

I beleive the story- it comes from a credible source in Massachusetts.

For those who think this is unbeleivable, well, it is, but not because its from an unreliable source.

How do we like it now???

You've got it backwards, dg. The Globe is owned by the New York Times, and like it's parent company, is extremely liberal and Democratic-leaning.

I still question the source, and disagree with the headline.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
One of the links in the first post, What to look for..., has been around for quit awhile, much longer than the article has. All USG employees get the same brief. It's just good business to deter and prevent any possible espionage or treasoneous activities. It's not like it's brainwashed in anyone's head, just a class that's given every now and then to make sure people know what signs to look for.

And immediately following the counter espionage brief we will have a five minute break and continue on with suicide awareness training, sexual harrassmant in the work place and travel claims

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ok, ok, ok.

I am wrong and you all are right.

Shots, you took a tiny line from what was printed and ran with it as if nothing.

The rest of you, it all sounds normal to you, right? Ok.

I am just crazy and i dont know why i even bother- This is all perfectly normal and what was said is either a lie or its NORMAL PROCEDURE.

Fine.

You know, you people are NOT going to give in to your way of thinking until the roof of your houses fall on top of you- even then, you will find an excuse.

Another night at ATS. And another denial.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Ok, ok, ok.

No,!!!!!!!!!no everybody is right Dg. I am one that see this as a conspiracy to have students turning against each other.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nobody is denying it dgtempe. It's just that you can't flip out every time an article is written about it. We all know that something is happeing, not just on a scale like that.

You can't jump on every wagon, otherwise your legs will get tired.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Boston.com IS THE BOSTON GLOBE. They're Republican for the most part, unlike the Boston Herald.

I beleive the story- it comes from a credible source in Massachusetts.

For those who think this is unbeleivable, well, it is, but not because its from an unreliable source.

How do we like it now???

You've got it backwards, dg. The Globe is owned by the New York Times, and like it's parent company, is extremely liberal and Democratic-leaning.

I still question the source, and disagree with the headline.
Perhaps i have that part wrong, maybe the Herald is the more Republican, in either case, what difference does it make? They're both reputable newspapers and not tabloids.
But, have no fear- this is nothing at all.

I belong in BTS or Bored.com.......Off i go!!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Ok, ok, ok.

No,!!!!!!!!!no everybody is right Dg. I am one that see this as a conspiracy to have students turning against each other.
I know, Margie, i know you have common sense and you know something is terribly wrong. How can you call so many years into this particular government, so many lies and so much speculation JUMPING THE GUN???
I over react, i guess- even though its been progressing since 2001 and SOME of us are aware??
Talk to you later, Marg.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

How can you call so many years into this particular government, so many lies and so much speculation JUMPING THE GUN???
I over react, i guess- even though its been progressing since 2001 and SOME of us are aware??

dgtempe,

You are not the only one who is freaked out by this sort of release.

Those arrogant assholes think they can fool everyone. Well they have another thing coming.

9/11 never seemed right. Nothing seems right anymore. They have always been up to something, but unfortunately its not just our government.

The lies are shown all over tv, written in the papers. Nobody seems to care. Either that or people are too afraid to say anything.

Have we all become so complacent that reality has to be thrown back upon us before we understand what this country has become?

We are living in a totalitarian state. Freedom is only a word. It means nothing.

"Freedom isn't free." Yeah because it doesn't exist anymore. We all have to pay with our lives now.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The PTB are upto something, but this thread is a little misleading.

Read the document. It does not make exception to students. It says, and I quote.

"The fact that an individual exhibits one or more of these indicators does not automatically mean that he or she is engaged in espionage. However, based upon the situation, such factors can be cause for concern and might merit further investigation to determine whether espionage is a possibility.
We should report observations of one or more of the following indicators pertaining to a person with access to classified information."

As far as I know, most students don't have access to "classified information". And students, by definition, are not:

"According to the PERSEREC study, one-third of all espionage against the
U.S. since 1945 was conducted by persons with security clearances who worked in either the intelligence or communications fields."

[edit on 24/6/07 by SteveR]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It seems the NWO is rolling out in the open now, they are grabbing for total control nowadays, and we are seeing the restriction of so many things, and now its hitting the schools.

Whats next? What other draconian measures must they do before people realize that the New World Order is on the way, unless we stop it.

This is just like if someone was trying to take over your house, but they do it by step by step. First, theyll ask for the front lawn. Once you concede to that, then theyll ask for the driveway. If you accept that, theyll ask for the front porch...before you know it, your whole house is taken over.

This NWO knows if it came out with everything in the open all at once, the change would be so great people would go "omg whats going on here!" they dont do it like that, they do it in LITTLE STEPS, with each step being projected as unconnected with all the other steps.

Wake up we must fight this nonsense. What will they take next?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
damn no way..a little extreme isn't it? damn...im community college for now though hopefully this doesn't go down.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
damn no way..a little extreme isn't it? damn...im community college for now though hopefully this doesn't go down.

Did you read all the article and supporting links?

Sporty

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
LightWorker, may I ask how what you posted relates to the topic of this thread?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If this is true, I am glad I only have 7 classes left; that's just rediculous. I wonder though, does making extra money include having a job? If thats the case, why the hell isn't the government paying for my education, oh ya, that's right, they're off fighting wars and blowing all of our tax money on stupid stuff. I guess I'm the "enemy" because I choose to think for myself. Oh well, can't wait for that Fema camp or the bullet to the back of the head.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Nice rules you have there. Universities are full with young and smart people , ussualy they can start social movements, it's good to watch them closely if you do not want that. A few more freedoms lost

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join