It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Site "R" The Underground Pentagon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If this topic has been discussed before I appoligise for the redundancy.
When I was alot younger I lived near millitary base buried within the mountain known by locals as the "hole", but reffered to as Site R. Many close friends and neighbors either helped build it, or worked there. Anytime you would ask someone what they did, no one would talk. Many would joke and say they play cards all day, but you would get a smile and a wink. One older gentleman once told me it's a very , very interesting place. I have done some basic Google search and key word finds , but nothing that I didn't already know. Here is what I have found:
Name: Site R, Raven Rock(mountain where located in), AJCC(ALTERNATE JOINT COMMUNICATIONS CENTER),Underground Pentagon.

Built in the cold war (early 50's) . In case of a nuclear fallout with Russia, this is where the elected officials of the U.S would be placed . The mountain is made out of Pure Granite. Atop the mountain are numerous sattelite ,microwave and other assorted anttena's and dish, as well as a helopad, and local rumor is that there is a misslle silo built in as well. the whole mountain is fenced off with razor wire and CCT is installed throughout the mountain sides as well. many of the cameras are built into trees as well as the ocassional spotted drone. The "hole" in the mountain can be viewed from route 16 which goes right by the side of the mountain. An entrance is clearly visible where vehicles go in and out of all day long. The main entrance is right off of 16 across from a little stone church named Jacobs Church. There is an armed guard post there and anyone caught taking pictures will be traked down detained and pictures and film taken.
The inside of the mountain is said to be 260,000 square feet(716 acres). As all bases there is a barber shop, chapel,gym ,cafeteria, as well as bedding for all it's people. There is a subteranean water resivoir as well as enough MRE'S. to last approxmately 20 years. There is said to be five sections all three storys tall arranged in the formation of a Pentagon within the mountain
Many locals have hinted that there was a lot of additions made since the cold war days. There is also a supposed tunnel system that links the mountain to camp David.
After 9/11 this is where the VP was hidding out at. Also this is believed to be the site of the shadow government. Fighter planes as well as black helicopters patrol the sky's 24/7.
Also I used to fish in a small pond not far from Site R. During the summer me and my friends woul do alot of cat fishig at night. Almost every night we would see strange light formations hovering in the sky as well as alot of UFO sightings, occasionally buzzing the mountain top. Growing up we thought this was all natural, or wierd government equipment. The one night about 20 years ago the the whole town came out of there houses and watched three UFO'S doing a little game of tag in the sky. This area has alot of other weird phenomenon happening as well, due to the fact that the Gettysburg battlefield is only about 15 minnutes away. alot of other weird peranormal stuff happened to us as well, but that might be for another thread.
So what my real question is. Does anybody else know if there is any other purpose for this site and why is it so secretive. People are indeed very reluctant to talk at all about this location.
Thank You

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/6/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
well well well... I haven't seen too much regarding pentacon and underground base. Funny, I just read this thread where everyone bashed up a newbie cos they thought/believed him to be a hoax....and he mentioned the pentacon and underground base.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hmmmm

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well that certaintly wasn't me. i've been watching the posts as well. pretty crazy day even for this site. But I have my eyes to the sky.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is not area 51 "underneath the Pentagon

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Any chance that you've got photos of these aircraft you've seen near the mountain?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If it's a secure communications hub for VIPs in time of conflict, that would be reason enough for the secrecy and security. The stuff about a shadow government and UFOs is just silliness if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Interesting story. Seems like a neat place to grow up. When I was younger I was an "explorer" type and always liked to explore where I should not. I bet if I lived near that place I would not be here typing (i probably wouldv'e got busted for sneaking around). I do have a question, you said that the place is 260,000 square feet, 716 acres. 260,000 square feet is roughly 6 acres so which is it? Not trying to bust your cajones just curious. (FYI 1 acre = 43,560 square feet). For comparison purposes the "office" space at the pentagon is 6.5 million square feet.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Sorry Grey Fox . I don't have any pictures. I was realitively young at the time (12-17). Believe it or not we never really thought it was a big deal. It wasn't until I joined the service that I really ever realised what we were seeing in the night sky. Many of the other aircraft that we saw during the day consisted of fighter jets F-16, A-10, C-130 CARGO, F-18. Occasionally we would spot a stealth fighter, or what we thought was a stealth, having the triangle design. I know that sounds pretty convenient, but we just never thought to take pictures. The fact of the matter is ,I don't even think I owned a camera(let a lone a camcorder at that age).

After The service I never returned to that part of Pennsylvania. I currently live somewher else in the country.My folks still live pretty close though, and they tell me on occasion there are still local reports of strange lights in the sky. for whatever that's worth to you

Moserious. Greetings
I cited that source from www.fortunecity.com...

Here are some other sites to check out
sadlyno.com...

www.post-gazette.com...

partners.nytimes.com...

cryptome.org...

Hope that works for everybody

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I lived as close to Site R as you can get, without actually going up the mountain.
My Dad was Stationed in Fort Richie MD, which is directly below the mountain. Mind you, I was maybe 14 through 16 years old, and that was 15 years ago.
I saw the tower and asked my Dad what it was and he said much to the effect of DO NOT GO UP THERE under any circumstances. Thinking back this was probably just to protect him, not me.
But I did go up the hill but I never made it to the tower. If you go onto Fort Ritchie, (I'm not even sure if its still open) find the guest house, basically the hotel on base, and the road up the hill is directly behind it. It doesn't go straight to the tower but it intersects a clearing for electric towers that goes up to the tower itself.
A friend of mine had a father who worked up there and he got to go up on a tour of it. It wasnt too much, he said the doors were thick.
Other than that he wasnt terribly impressed.

I really don't know much about it but i lived close to it, and it was part of my life for a while. My Dad was probably pretty secretive about what he did, so for all I know my Dad was in there every day. Wouldnt know.

But if theres anything you need to know about the geography, I can tell you, most likely.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks for your input MTMARACA!

KAIWYNN,
Thank you for sharing your story. What a small world after all. I lived in Fairfield for quite a few years when I was younger. We would attend church at Wesley Chapel,right at the foot of the "mountain". The stream on Haurbaugh valley road was really good trout fishing as well.

Anyway thought I would share this with everybody.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Thanks for your input MTMARACA!

KAIWYNN,
Thank you for sharing your story. What a small world after all. I lived in Fairfield for quite a few years when I was younger. We would attend church at Wesley Chapel,right at the foot of the "mountain". The stream on Haurbaugh valley road was really good trout fishing as well.

Anyway thought I would share this with everybody.

Very cool and my pleasure. Its nice to know this even rates ATS, because when I was a kid it was a "monolith" of sorts. Always in my vision and thoughts, but never knew what went on up there.

I went to Smithsburg High school, and Fairfield sounds familiar. Not sure.

I thought of something else! I went for a walk/hike up the mountain one time and somewhere along the way I saw a small fenced in compound of buildings, that seemed to be buried. Imagine a bunch of little buildings all poking their roofs out of the dirt! It was pretty surreal. Somethings that I saw when I was younger make sense now, when I think back, but that? It makes no sense.

Also my friends father said that" it was Suspended inside". I still don't know what he meant.

I remember one time we saw a blackhawk helicopter up near the site and my Dad told me that that "tower" is mainly a landing pad for helicopters and such. Which blew my mind, because one day my dad offered to let me skip school and we were going to take a helicopter ride to Walter Reed MC to see his sick friend. I thought for sure we were going up in the tower! Imagine my disapointment when the helicopter landed on the Golf Course at Fort Ritchie. Yuck. Now that I have the "Intarweb" and had a looks see for myself, My Dad spoke of the Helipad on top, not necassarily the tower itself. Call it "Stupid Kid-itis."

I was looking around for some pictures of the tower on top of the tower. At the bottom of the page he has some picture of the hilltop, but I dont see the tower. Has it been removed?

Wow, apparently ATS has some love for Site R! Way to go guys!

ATS SIte R

cryptome.org...
This site has some good photos

Another good site
Global Security.org

Apparently something tells people s its Site R Wastewater Treatment Plant.

And supposedly Fort Ritchie was closed in 1998. Bummer.

Also I think its wierd, that the entrance is on top of the mountain.
I guess it still holds a great mystery, and honestly, its because of Site R that I come to ATS today. It started a lot of questions in my mind.

Heres my image of google earth and Fort Ritchie, including my house.
My house

UPDATE:
Just found this on Youtube. Brings back memories. I searched and tried to find my house on this video. No luck.
Fort Richie Abandoned

[edit on 24-6-2007 by Kaiwynn]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's nothing to shake a stick at really. It's just a comm station and rightfully protected because there is sensitive information there.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hmm,

Here's a good but unusual topic. Site R is indeed a back-up military and defense command center. I would have to say one of many across the US. The idea was for the military to always have an operational command and contrl network.

So, how many of these sites have we identified so far?

Tim

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I know personally of 3 Underground bases, so to speak, 2 of them may or may not be made ready to host a government. Site R, here, Mount Weather, and Mount Pony.
Mount weather is also one of the "They run the country from there" places.

It's nothing to shake a stick at really. It's just a comm station and rightfully protected because there is sensitive information there.

If we get into aliens, shadow government, and other fun choices, we will let you know .

In the mean time, lets enjoy remembering Site R.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've been to an underground base. Well, not really underground base, just level -3 in the pentagon.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
I've been to an underground base. Well, not really underground base, just level -3 in the pentagon.

There is a huge underground effort that extends for miles underneath the pentagon, full of people.

Its called the Metro.

I ssume you mean lower than that? Details, man!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Site R is a few miles northeast of Fort Ritchie and is in Pennsylvania. The towers at the top of the mountain behind Fort Ritchie were for communications. The fort was once the home of the 7th Signal Corp.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
[This is very interesting I lived up in Pen Mar as a kid back in the 60's early 70's my father was stationed at fort Ritchie until 1963 and always took our bikes up to High Rock just to ride them back what a blast back then there was a locked gate on High rock rd in Pen Mar that we had to walk around to go up but never adventured near the tower but back in I beleive 1968 their was a small plane crash during a foggy night on the mountain down from the tower and we actually dragged the small piece of the tail section down to our house through the woods after a few years we moved to Hagerstown then in 1971 moved to Connecticut and still reside hear. It was nice to find this site.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiwynn
Another good site
Global Security.org

Apparently something tells people s its Site R Wastewater Treatment Plant.

Heh... Funny, I didnt think that wastewater treatment plants had a need for helipads and blast doors! hahaha

Thanks for sharing, deff somethin interesting!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This was interesting that I lived on the other side of Fort Ritchie on Pen Mar back in the 60's . Went to school at Cascade elem. used to help fold pizza boxes at the olr Ft. Ritchie burger bar off base my father was stationed there retired in 1963.back 1965-1968 there was a small plane crash below the Ft Ritchie comm tower along the ridge late night in the fog I i'm sure of this cause we actually dragged a small piece of the tail section through the woods to by my friends house and also we used to ride bikes down from high rock lots of fun back then they still had a locked gate in pen mar to keep vehicles out but took it down after we moved to Hagerstown in 1969 then we moved up to Connecticut in 1971 and have resided here since it was good to find this sight Renoruss

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join