It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Spacecraft to meet Nibiru on 20 June 2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The real cause of climate changes, volcanoes activity, intensification of the seismic activity etc., is the planet Eris’s getting closer to our solar system, intermediary named 2003-UB-313 and known in Antiquity under various names as: Nibiru, Marduk, Nemesis, Hercolubus, The Gods Planet, the Planet of the Empire, the Planet of the Cross, the Red Planet, etc.

Here is the video to the story:

www.disclose.tv...

And a website with more details:

www.copernicus2.org...

True or stupid? What do you all think?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Interesting choice of name, Eris.

Greek goddess of warfare and strife.... Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by Terrapop

True or stupid? What do you all think?

If you REALLY need the opinion of the serious-minded people on
ATS to answer that question, you MIGHT be on the wrong site.

My Lord help me,
Lex

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Eris isn't "Niburu". See this Wiki link...

en.wikipedia.org...

Who was that woman who used to bang on about Niburu on her website? PErhaps her site is still going. As far as I am concerned, she was either a total attention seeker, or mental. Well, insane either way I suppose!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The Wikipedia link is a great resource;

en.wikipedia.org...(dwarf_planet)

Eris does not seem to be large enough to be Nibiru. Current calculations show that it's at its furthest distance from our sun right now, and shouldn't be at its closest point until 2257.

A lot of people seem to make this comparison, but it seems that a little bit of homework would quickly ease the sensationalism.

BTW, don't point this out to the guy who wrote the article here;
www.ufodigest.com...

I wrote the author of that article and also the editor of the site. The author returned a flamed email, he didn't even use my return email but actually went and posted the reply via my work website (seemed like a psycho attempt at intimidation to me). Basically he told me I needed to read a bunch of books and disregarded my observation all together. Nice to see that someone else noticed this same thing

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yeah, you dare question someone's absurd beliefs with common sense, reason and logic....they can loose it. Some want to believe, for one reason or another, and damn the fool that has a different opinion (based in fact, I might add, lol)

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Both of those links are nothing but cobbled together theorization, pseudoscience, rampant speculations and wild guessing. Not a lick of science or proof for any of those crazy claims that I've ever seen.

The second link looks like a repository for every damned orphan belief system that has ever existed here at ATS at one time or another. If mods deleted all of the goofy fantasy posts that showed up here, that where it looks like they would end up.

True or stupid? I'd say ignorant, so until some of that nasty evidence for all of those crazy theories shows up, how about we deny it, eh?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Can't do that, check this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It makes some good points about a PX and how objects are usually unknown for awhile... and here is my usual rant about novice astronomers: you can't see all the objects in the sky -- how can you speculate for or against a PX?

"Although an albedo of 90% has never been observed for Kuiper Belt Objects (which typically show 10-20%), it is not totally implausible, as Brown et al. suggest in their article."

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have to agree with anhinga,

Our science makes a lot of assumptions. So do most of you. If you think we have the sphere of our solar system so well mapped, then show me the high-resolution pictures of it. Show me the billions of kaiper belt objects ... oh wait, you can't. In fact, I will make that easier ... show me the complete mapping of the asteroid belt between mars and jupiter ... oh wait, you can't.

Show me high resolution pictures of Pluto ... oh wait, you can't ... but you CAN show me a lot of artist renditions. Show me the high res of Venus ... our closest neighbor. once again, you can't show me more than a handful of photos. ok, what about a high res of the moon, you know, in a meter or less resolution ... since we were there 40 years ago ... oh, that's right, we don't have the moon mapped at that resolution ... hmm ... seems like when it comes to outerspace, we don't have much knowledge or proof. Ok, how about our ocean floor ... we must at least know every thing about it ... nope ... not that either. well ... I guess we humans claim to have all the answers while we are still studying and progressing. One day, we might know as much as we claim today, but at that time, we will have even greater delusions of grandeur ... unless we mature as a species.

The fact is, any theory is just as valid as another ... except for the moon is made of blue cheese type of thought. Just because your mind is closed doesn't mean that it is impossible, it just means you are limiting yourself and IGNORING all truly plausible possibilities ... and ... ignoring possibilities would be intended ignorance ... so

We don't have all the NEOs tracked. We find new ones all the time. There is no reason why a extra planet cannot be found. I don't have to believe it is there to believe it is possible. Until we travel through space ... we cannot claim such things as fact either way ... to do so is naive and childish. It is like saying you are right because you said it. That just isn't the case.

We just discovered that we didn't come from the milky way ... we are just finding out that moons of other planets could support life (if not have it already) ... there is so much that we find out that SCIENCE said was impossible or improbable just a few years ago ... that I cannot fathom how much ignorance it takes to keep blindly supporting theories and ideas as fact that is stated by people who have made the wrong assumptions so many times. That would be like returning to the same 'psychic' and giving them money when they have been blatantly wrong on 99% of what they said, but since they got 1% right, they must know what they are talking about.

What skeptics forget to do, is use their skepticism BOTH WAYS. If you do not, then you are not a skeptic, you are just a believer in the negative ... you choose to disbelief anything that you don't already follow, or choose to believe someone else who claims to know a certain thing, and all others must be wrong because your faith in that entity (NASA, gov't, ESA, etc.) is so solid. Well, I am asking skeptics to be skeptical of BOTH theories of these entities AND others ... or lay off a bit and realize how ignorant and foolish you sound when you just choose to pick on one side of an argument ... especially in a field that has no sound evidence to deny or prove either way and either side.

If you can't be fairly skeptical, then, don't try to get high and mighty and cut people down who don't believe as you do, lest you wish it be done to you. No side can claim to be right.

Please leave the childish denials in your mind and present the cold hard evidence for your side that you claim the side you argue against doesn't have. If not, then, just be quiet and respectful of others and their opinions, ideas, and theories.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
All I have to say is this. People who make websites like the second one on the OP, need to be BANNED from ever making another website. I see them exactly like this all the time.

As far as this other planet goes, I would like to believe that it would be pretty F'ing obvious if a new planet was coming into our area anytime soon. I am no scientist though. And are you telling me the Moon is not made of cheese?

*edit for spelling

[edit on 22-10-2007 by sputniksteve]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Actually, the High Resolution Photo's of Pluto will be coming in 2015 and there are high res photo's of Venus by the European Space Agency.

There was a satellite launched that just passed Jupiter this summer. They had a whole entire one hour show on the discovery channel last week about getting shots of Pluto in one pass because it's destination target is the Xena in the Kuiper belt (pronounced KI-PER)

There was even news a couple of month ago that the Xena or the tenth planet was larger than scientist thought. READ HERE

You can check out the photos at ESA website for pictures of Venus.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Heres some science for you.

If two bodies of considerable mass pass in close proximity to each other in space - whats going to happen to them?

The answer is that the body that has greater mass will have greater gravitational pull, and that will affect the orbit of the other one.

So, if "Planet X" has been on an elliptical orbit around the sun, and has been dodging in and out of the solar system for billions of years and passing close by to Earth, the chances of Earth being in a settled orbit for long enough to develop complex life is in my estimation - approximately - zero.

Something to ponder on.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is a great image of our solar system and the planets, moons and TNO (trans-neptunian objects.
Web-site

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"to meet"? June 2007 has past us, sweetie.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Heres some science for you.

If two bodies of considerable mass pass in close proximity to each other in space - whats going to happen to them?

The answer is that the body that has greater mass will have greater gravitational pull, and that will affect the orbit of the other one.

So, if "Planet X" has been on an elliptical orbit around the sun, and has been dodging in and out of the solar system for billions of years and passing close by to Earth, the chances of Earth being in a settled orbit for long enough to develop complex life is in my estimation - approximately - zero.

Something to ponder on.

This is intriguing. If I am understanding you correct, you are saying that if this planet has been doing this for so many years that our orbit would always be messed up and not stable? So the fact that we are normal and stable disproves it for the most part?

I am not being condescending, but I was a little confused, forgive me. If this is indeed what you mean, I would think it makes a lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Thats exactly what I'm saying.

The orbit of Earth has been stable for billions of years, which basically means that no body of equal or larger mass has passed close by to it.

A shift in our orbital plane would affect the climate, making it either too hot for certain types of life to have evolved or too cold.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

I know there is a satellite making a 'flyby' of Pluto ...

I have been to the ESA site before ... but are you not disappointed in the lack of quantity and quality of those photo sets?

I understand what neformore is trying to say, but ... we have gone through major climate changes, and, we assume our orbit has been stable and we assume the effects of an altered orbit would have. We have been hit by rather large objects ... we have craters in the hundreds of km wide. It also assumes that a unfound planet would change our orbit. Too many assumptions for me.

There are theories that our distance from the sun has less to do with the temperature than what some would suppose ... since the energy released from the sun is not radiant heat ... wouldn't it surmise that the same thing that is shielding us now would still shield us? If you want to use Venus as an example, well, they say it is so hot because of the thick atmosphere ... and Mars has a thin atmosphere and that is why it is cooler. So atmosphere and our magnetic shield has more effect on the climate than the distance from the sun.

We still don't have everything identified nor plotted. We still find new things all the time. If this extra elliptical orbit planet was stable as such, then, wouldn't the rest of the solar system have found equilibrium as well? Who said how close the planet must pass ... I never agreed it had to graze Earth's atmosphere ... it you say our orbit is stable, then jupiter, saturn, and uranus do not affect us ... so a planet of their size passing at their distance, in turn, would not have much effect either, correct? Or does your opinion not include such a possibility?

Limiting yourself to a strict set of guidelines eliminates your ability to reason in what may be possible. Why would the planet have to be massive either ... I am not arguing for the infamous nibiru/x ... but the possibility of an elliptical that we have not found yet. Pluto has an odd orbit, why can something else we don't know or understand yet, not also have a similar thing going on.

I am tired of the assumptions made, I wish more people had open minds. We have hardly begun to study and understand other solar systems, and they surprise us constantly on what is possible with the things we find out ... and we are just barely getting started.

I wish more of you could see that, but, school doesn't teach you to stretch your mind, but to conform. It is very sad. Some guidelines are good and make sense, but that doesn't make them set in stone ... and even stone can be broken. Claiming scientific law is a crutch ... one that closed minded people use all too often, but deny the fact that scientific law gets rewritten quite often, and will be again in the future for many things as our technology and understanding increases over time. To deny that is not denying ignorance, but the truth and the proof history has given us.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I agree, I DO NOT subscribe to the idea that 2012 is the end to all things and if you count every 3600 years backwards, we only have 3 events that had some catastrophic impact on the Earth. The Great Flood during the Noah days (If it really did happen) being one.

So if you count back every 3600 years, there has not been a disaster every time which could conclude. If there is a Planet X in an elliptical orbit (assuming there is) then every time is has come into our solar system the chances of catastrophe have been very few if you can count backwards every 3600 years (assuming this is real).

As for me, I am always cautiously optimistic/pessimistic about dates of the end of time or alien contact. Because I have grown up with these ideas through out my life so far and none of them have come true. And if you look at history, there has always been predictions of the end of time that have never happened.

So I am NOT saying that this isn't a possibility because of the past ten decades astronomers have been discovering binary solar systems and they way they orbit each other.

But if you pay close attention to larger astronomical organizations and the information that leaks out into the news to only days later taken back, it makes you wonder. Plus all the speculation and evidence of ET that pop up and some of the NASA STS videos that are unexplainable or the photos that are posted out there of the second smaller red dot next to our Sun.

Is it real or just another photoshopped phrank?

So, as for me I guess when 2012 rolls around, I'll make sure I pop a batch of popcorn and wait for the show to start. Because when you think about it, what can we really do to prepare for such an event. (if ture)

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

When I was younger I used to be fascinated with end-time stuff, and predictions and such. Even the 2012 thing was intriguing when I first learned of it a few years ago.

Not so much anymore. I don't care if it is true or not ... I just live my life the way I feel I should ... either way, no regrets. That is the best way I can say my outlook is now.

I do agree with a lot of statements towards catastrophic things, images, etc. we human creatures tend to search for patterns in everything ... we try to predict our future and our destruction. I think more of us need to live in the moment, not in a bad way, but appreciate what we have and make the best of things.

I wouldn't even require that something orbiting every 3600 years either
I don't expect it to be on the same axis as our current planets generally follow. I find that reality could be much more interesting that that

I also agree with you about those photos ... could be a prank, could be real ... I am not great at photo-analysis nor photo-manipulation ... I have been able to play with my own photos and make them look believable ... so someone with talent could do rather convincing things.

I am glad you mentioned the binary star system. I didn't because I can guess the argument easily on that, which I for the most part agree ... the mass would be quite grand, and in turn would most likely have a great effect on orbits as neformore stated. This is why I tried to mention a less massive object.

The same with aliens (within contact range) ... I kinda believe, though, I have my doubts. I have witnessed things I can't explain, but that doesn't mean I have to leap to extra-terrestrial ... our gov't black projects have a massive budget. I only argue/debate with those who have stated their opinions as fact (and that goes for any subject, and I enjoy playing 'devil's advocate') ... for unless they have been traveling the galaxy, there is no way for either side to prove their statements as fact. If you toss religion in, it could be demons manifesting
So much comes down to perspective and reference and what little knowledge we have.

So, I will be right here doing the same thing ... I can't do nothing about it but make some popcorn and watch the show if it is true ... if it isn't, then another year passes by. I am much more worried about Bush referencing WWIII in any way, joking about wanting to be prime minister, even if that is out of context, it gave me the shivers ... and worried about how many jokers are getting all the attention in the political debates while the people with the real opinions are getting pushed out of the spotlight.

Can I make a popcorn suggestion to you? Try the JollyTime Marshmallow Magic ... It is the BEST popcorn I have had in my life! I would say kettle corn and the candy coated come in a tie for second

One final thing ... I will say that if technology advances quickly again ... we could have some interesting times in the future ... or maybe interesting images and video. I will remain optimistic about such a beautiful prospect. I wish I could travel the stars myself, but I guess any kind of interplanetary/solar/galactic travel is millennium away

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Bravo! Well written and I agree with you on all points.

I will keep an eye out for the JollyTime Marshmallow Magic. Although I am not sure if I have even seen it on the shelves where I shop, but I will keep an eye out for it.

Although I did try some Moose Munch Popcorn last week for the first time. It was popcorn with some dark chocolate on it. It must sound unhealthy but it was pretty darn good. I felt guilty eating it because I try to maintain a healthy life style.

To get back on point, I am an amateur astronomer and I recently seen the vidoes of Jose Escamillia and the other one called F.A.S.T. I can say that I actually did go out a quite a few times to verify these objects. All I can say is that I found a couple of them comparing them to the videos released. I can't say they are ET SpaceCrafts, nor could I deny that they are not.

To be honest I don't know what they are (at least the ones I found) but they are there. I only found two of them and did not have luck with the others yet.

As the more I look up at the sky at night and as time goes on, I see all kinds of strange things from time to time, but I don't know what it could be.

Part of me wants to share it with people, but I just would rather avoid the skeptics and have people stare at me like I am some crazy eyed UFO fanatic. So I just keep it to myself and try to enjoy what I do see. And some nights, I am lucky enough to have a second pair of eyes to verify what I am seeing. (And that's good enough for me)

I have hopes of space travel as you do but I know I will probably pass before that time arrives. I can only hope to stay alive long enough to see humans land on other planets besides Mars. Heck, I will be quite a bit older before I see us land on Mars.

And I am sure that our greedy despot President and his family will look for oil there too. But he is only in office for another 455 days, but who's counting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join