It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] 'ET' False Flag Operation to Begin in August [HOAX]

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Too many people don't take UFO issues seriously; I personally am a sceptic, not to say I haven't seen a 'UFO'. I did see an unusually bright star (Not Venus/Mars/Space station) that moved across the sky at a rapid pace (with no tail like a comet or space debris), made a bizarre 90 degree up ward movement then again rapidly moved across the sky, then remained motionless, slowly fading. I assume that this could only mean it was moving towards or away from me, and as it was fading it must of been the latter. - Although until I see anything conclusive I have to remain sceptic, for objectivities sake.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
HAZZAH TO THE MODS WHO ADDED THIS FEATURE!!!! I Missed that until this thread... that is going to make it so much easier finding relevant data in any thread..

Perhaps this thread was a hyped new way to advertise the new feature of being able to see all of one persons posts in one thread only. :0

Pa r a NNNNOId

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
As many of us deduced, this was a total fabrication. The utterly absurd story was all the proof I needed personally as I stated in my posts. I had information based on past schemes and the bizarre .gov/.mil domain traffic spike Sunday that it may have been a data mining experiment from one of the intel agencies. That's why I let it run its course through today.

My other deduction was that it was a single person who had got the attention of a BUNCH of bored Government/Military employees stuck with Sunday duty. That's the ONLY reason (the big spike in those domains on Sunday) it got any attention from staff to begin with.

My plan was to U2U GR again tonight and give him ONE chance to get a copy of his ID card scanned in and emailed to me by no later than tomorrow morning or I would close the thread and ban his account, no excuses no negotiation.

He saved me the effort.

Here is the U2U I received a little while ago:

original U2U sent from GhostRaven:
sent: 6-26-2007 at 10:28 PM
Springer,

This was a completely fabricated story. I am not just some jerk who wanted to waste everyone's time, however. I actually was -- as I hinted in my first few posts -- studying how internet hoaxes get started. In fact, I thought that I had left more than enough hints in those posts for everyone who has been around for a long time to figure out what I was doing. In other words, I did not intend to be a malicious liar. Heck, I even picked a storyline that would be patently absurd.

At every stage in this tale I intended to write up an ending 'summary' that would state what I learned/noticed during the hoaxing. My idea was to be a 'friendly' hoaxer who could point out holes in the system... while trying to entertain everyone.

I decided to deliberately dive the thread into the ground, however, when people started talking about hunting me down, having the police arrest me, or going off into the woods. If I really was a horrible jerk I could have easily kept the community spinning for weeks. In fact, I had material written up that would have won a lot of people over. When I decided to end it, however, I decided to do it in a way that would allow everyone to watch what happens to a thread even after it has been debunked. Again, even in the end, I was experimenting.

Was this a bad thing? Not if you think practice makes perfect.

At any rate, I'd be willing to post a reply on the thread that will show how I constructed the hoax, how I altered it, and what I was looking for tomorrow (if you'd like). As much as some people may hate me... keep in mind that, unlike certain other big hoaxes, I did kamikaze it and I am willing to explain it.

Anyways, have a nice night and feel free to copy this message to the thread.

Now rest assured, Ghost Raven is going to be perma-banned but I would offer that if he is willing to discuss this with you I will postpone his ban until you all have finished with him. NOT much incentive for him, but he has made his own bed here.

I am closing the thread to make sure people get a chance to read this without several new posts obscuring it. I'll re-open the thread in 10 minutes.

Springer...

[edit on 6-26-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So are you really going to allow a hoaxster to explain himself?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Before you posted that, I was just about to mention it.. he said he's fascinated by people's responses to situations and hoaxes, so I suspected that maybe he was just doing a little experiment and see how people reacted.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think it's unwelcome to extend this further. GR even in his reply to Springer is claiming all the credit for his own debunking. A truly insufferable and neverending masterclass on Hoaxing and GR worship awaits...

Deny Ignorance. Ban the Hoaxer as a warning to others. Otherwise brace yourself for the next wave along with the inevitable return of GR with his all new 'I'll get you this time!' Hoax.

If it's the will he stays then I for one will be slinking away. (Lol a good thing some might say

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This OP should have been the ''public execution display'' not killtown.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sure why not, it would be good education for any future hoaxers that come to ATS, learn from your adversary, or at least try to profile these characters...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We should use this thread to educate ourselves if nothing else. Lets study the tatics used in the hoax here, and try to prevent another one from getting out of hand.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Sure why not, it would be good education for any future hoaxers that come to ATS, learn from your adversary, or at least try to profile these characters...

I think we have a perfect profile of this guy so why let him sneak any more fuel to the garbage fire.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The problem here on these boards is that we don't let out enough rope to these hoaxers, enough rope so that they hang themselves.

I wanted to study some of the writings of the OP until I formed a rough sketch of the person, and until they made mistakes and revealed themselves.

It's like the codename grillfire HOAX, instead of posting the fake DOD id badge, we should have quizzed the poster 1st, asking for the proof in the form of an ID or similar, then with this ammo, form a much more convincing hoax claim.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringerI had information based on past schemes and the bizarre .gov/.mil domain traffic spike Sunday

Now see? And here I though maybe I had something to do with those spikes...
sigh... Well I am glad its resolved before I leave... that way I don't have to think about it on vacation...

Our Medieval Guild has one of these I would gladly lend out though...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Every good hoaxer is going to employ different tactics. We may never know. Then again that is just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
One of the things that I don't enjoy in this post is that members who are the first to scream HOAX for every thread, tonight will have their celebration party. I think they feel stronger and sadisfied more then ever.

GR was this part of your experiment too?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It would be worth it for everyone to click on the OP itself and revel in his new avatar and accoutrements. Go on back and take a look. It's worth it.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Deny Ignorance. Ban the Hoaxer as a warning to others. Otherwise brace yourself for the next wave along with the inevitable return of GR with his all new 'I'll get you this time!' Hoax.

I think that's more truthful than if we let him explain his 'Master Plan'. At present we throw him offline, he gets disgruntled and comes back again and again and we do get disillusioned enough not to care. If he explains his L33T sexploitation plan maybe we can see where he was headed and that'd tip us off in the future.

Of course, asking someone (the OP), who thinks they're pretty clever, but is actually shown to be mighty damn devious, morally and ethically dubious, and untrustworthy to show their cunning plan might give rise to others picking up tips...

The Eeevil Bstard school of management handbook suggests I hope some of those weekend Feds go get a warrant and let Bob pound his dinglebucket for impersonating an Agent, but I can only hope.

I'd say, let him at least explain the project and what he was going to do, I for one am interested.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
He's banned, his arrogance in the "admission" was a little much
and we do have rules for a reason.

We have re-opened this thread so that those who desire to discuss this hoax may do so here. This public banning should stand as a caution to those who seek to hoax this community.

The fact something gets lots of attention from the admins or the staff or the members is not necessarily a positive comment on it's possible authenticity.

As i said earlier, had it not been for the coincidental .gov/.mil domain traffic spike on Sunday this would have died a quick death. The fact the hoaxer thinks it was because of his content is amusing at best.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, I for one have questions. I never waste my time on anger that will have no reasonable outcome.

GR,
Why ATS?
Why this scenario and not a more plausible one?
Why monitor these sites?
What information do you hope to gain at these sites?
How much information do you retain?
How invasive is your study of posters?
What do you do with the information gleaned from your monitoring?
How long term is this project of monitoring?

Were you surprised that you were thought a hoax right from the first page, and then overwhelmingly by three or four pages deep?

Were you surprised at the number of people who kept an open mind, even in the face of evidence it was a hoax?

Did you feel that these "open minders" might be trying to gain data despite not believing your story?

Well, I let others ask questions, and not hog the board.

I cannot in all honesty thank you for the ride, as I basically find such actions deplorable, no matter the cause espoused. But I can bid you a civil good day.

[Edit to add:]

I was under the impression that GR was returning for an "explanation" round before banishment beyond the Pale?

[edit on 26-6-2007 by NGC2736]

link   
Rest Assured he'll be back the only reason he will entertain us with his 'misunderstood genius' will be to probe for further weaknesses and ready the next Hoax.

He will merely continue to lie in order to seemingly tower over you. You won't get any straight answers.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by kickoutthejams]

link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

Nah.

I normally agree with you, but in this case I say hang him now.

It is usless to let him explain things just look at his posts. Do you want to go through another 10,000 words of his useless dazzle? I know I don't

Now where is that rope

[edit on 6/26/2007 by shots]

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join