It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is a WASP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've been looking at different threads on ATS and reading about The Bush and how he's a bonesman, along with John Kerry and other powerful people.

But, I keep running into the term WASP and have no idea what it means. It seems to me that this is going deeper than just Yale and the bonesmen.

I've also seen it in relation to the KKK. So if it has links to the Klan and the Skulls, I'm guessing it's not a good thing?

Cheers in advance.

Mon-Key.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
An old term. White Anglo Saxon Protestant. Meaning the predominant culture of North America.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It stands for White Anglo Saxon Protestant.

I don't think Kerry would be one since he's catholic, though Bush would be one.

[edit on 17/6/07 by Skibum]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Cheers guys. I kinda guessed it was something to do with "White".

So how does it link in with the others and is it still a visible or invisible movement, or have the likes of the KKK and the Skull and Bones taken the place of this sect/establishment?

Mon-Key

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The term WASP is more the tag for a group or class of people. Generally thought to be at least somewhat bigoted, as a whole, and having 'built in advantages of culture.

Many organizations, from the KKK to Skull and Bones, 'draw' people from this overarching pool. WASP is not an organization in and of itself, just a term for a set of people. It is considered to be slightly slanderous in it's use.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

Many organizations, from the KKK to Skull and Bones, 'draw' people from this overarching pool.

In the USA, most organizations have a majority "WASP" membership...I think simply because this describes the majority of citizens.

The KKK require that members be WASPs, whereas most other organizations, including Skull and Bones, do not.

For example, the A&E show on "Secret Societies" interviewed a former Bonesman who was Jewish. According to him, he was tapped in the late 1960's, primarily for the reason that he was a Marxist and the Bones debate team didn't have much leftist representation.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
But, I keep running into the term WASP and have no idea what it means. It seems to me that this is going deeper than just Yale and the bonesmen.

As others have pointed out it is generally believed to be 'White Anglo-Saxon Protestant', which probably arose as a way to differentiate the believed 'superior' (descended from the early English immigrants) from the mass migrations of Irishmen, Italians etc.

Interestingly enough the original KKK and other secret societies were quite discriminative, even to fellow 'whites'. KKK persecution of Catholics continued well into the 20th Century.

Conspiracy-wise the WASPs are believed to be the ultimate enemy of the 'people' (whoever they are).
Basically the CIA, Bilderbergers etc are all looking out for the interests of, and are controlled by, the WASPs. The ultimate goal of the WASP-controlled groups is to preserve the 'status quo' of the 50's, such as blacks 'knowing their place' etc etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thanks for all the great responses.

A little more to ponder, I'll be off chewing the fat and back again when I get stuck again...

Shouldn't be long.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
family guy makes fun of this..very funny when he takes his duaghter to study a white affluent Snooty? People and it just gets kinda funny from there...

new topics

top topics

join