It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is at 51d 42'26.80"N - 0d 57'30.92"W and why is it blanked out on Google Earth??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hello,

Firstly, if this has already been discussed on ATS, please accept my appologies, I have searched but couldn't find it anywhere.

So..whilst doing my rounds on Google Earth I spotted a blanked-out area of land in Oxfordshire England. I wondered if anyone knew what was there or why this perticular piece of land is blanked-out. I believe it is the ONLY piece of land in the United Kindom (GB) that is blanked-out...Why???

The exact lon/lats are;

51 degrees 42' 26.80"N
0 degrees 57' 30.92"W

The location is south of the town of Thame and west of the town of Chinnor, between Kingston Stert and Sydenham in Oxfordshire England.

Interested in everyones views,

Timeslice

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
hello.

oh my that could be anything i think a little internet research is in order.

i shall return shortly.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
hmmmm..i found an aerial photo of the black square on flash earth (click on the ask.com ariel tab)

there appears to be a few odd shaped fields maybe a bunker but no entrances that are obvious...hollow earth perhaps or dulce supply area or just a glitch on the google image database.

[edit on 17-6-2007 by antuk]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I doubt it's an entrance to hollow earth but with everything I've heard about google lately I wouldn't be surprised if there was something going on there.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Interesting,

I am suspicious because ALL the known UK/US military bases and communication sites are plainly available to view, even the main NATO Headquarters at RAF Northwood in Middlesex, where the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are being controlled from is also clearly available.

Even Chequers the Prime Ministers country retreat is shown but not this area in Oxfordshire. As antuk suggests it maybe a glitch on Googles system but looking at the blanked-out areas, I doubt it.

I saw somewhere on ATS a post where on Google Earth a 'square' cloud and shadow had been reported near a US base, possibly covering something. In this case no such Paint-shop expertise, just a VERY large area blanked out????

Antuk I wonder how old was the picture you saw on flash earth???

I noticed that this Blacked-out area used to be really 'blocky' looking on Google Earth (GE), very low res, since the pictures have been recently replaced with higher res photos, this Black-out box has appeared.

I'd be amazed if this were a glitch, why here?? and how come no-one else has spotted it on GE??

A recent photo of that area would be really interesting.. I wonder what they are hiding????

Cheers,

Timeslice

[edit on 17-6-2007 by Timeslice]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timeslice
Interesting,

Antuk I wonder how old was the picture you saw on flash earth???

[edit on 17-6-2007 by Timeslice]

the images are copyrighted 2007 globeXplorer, the geoinformation group.

i do believe google is 2006.

to be honest i dot think there is anything there because if there was was the would be most likely some mention on of it heresecret and not so secret uk bases

or heresecret-bases.co.uk

unless there is a vast information suppression program to help protect the secrecy of this little area of oxfordshire...if this is the case...bye bye it's being nice knowing you all

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Antuk,

Thankyou for the information, I looked at the websites you mentioned and discovered several 'black holes' in their information.

For example look at the Buckinghamshire list of bases and nowhere is RAF Chenies mentioned.

Here is some information about the base I found; www.subbrit.org.uk...

I am still puzzled why the area is Blacked-out. It is the ONLY place in the UK that is censored??? But why???

Still guessing,

Timeslice.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
the reason raf chines isnt on the list of bases is because it is a disused site and has never been taken over by dera/QinetiQ.

but the fact that its only blacked out by google and no one else really makes me thinks it is a glitch.

oh and i never thought of looking at subbrit, to be honest i had forgot about it....thanks timeslice

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
back to the topic at hand, the blacked out rectangle is something different than an airfield or base because there does not seem to be the proper amount of train tracks/roads near most bases. someone maybe playing a trick on google earth users unless an underground facility is located beneath that blacked out space northeast of Oxford and near Reading. maybe there are some tell tail signs they are trying to hide...

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Partical Excelerator?

I dunno but if its near Oxford it could be a sort of R & D center. with underground supply tunnels, But honestly it could be a partical excelerator.
wouldnt that try and hide them do to there high destruction capabilities>?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm looking at that location on Flash Earth and seem to have solved the mystery. I may be wrong, but it looks like Google is hiding a feild of top secret fodder hay. Microsoft VE shows it, but selecting Google gets you a black square.
Maybe it's secret Alien Hay!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hmm,... I live in Chinnor and have seen this blacked out area also. I have driven by the area (but not walked around) and all that is there is a rather nice looking mill and some fields. I doubt there is anything there of the 'bunker' form. I wish there was it might make the area more interesting!

top topics

join