It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we tell the children about our version of 9/11?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Our governments will teach the official story of 9/11 in schools across the United States and Europe and this knowledge may be "forgotten" or "lost". As time progresses, less will believe the "crazy conspiracy theorist" and more will believe the official story. We cannot rely on the next generation to search for the answers to what happened on that day through the internet, as we can never guarantee it's future. Internet 2.0 is still a possibility. We need word of mouth, and millions upon millions of flyers with the best points against the official story.

Do we tell the children our beliefs? I believe we should, because our governments are telling the children their own story.

jra

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don't see why it would become forgotten or lost, just look at the whole JFK assassination conspiracy. People still talk about that just as much as ever. I say tell kids both sides of the story and let them decide for themselves what they think the truth is.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jvillezbank

Do we tell the children our beliefs? I believe we should, because our governments are telling the children their own story.

It's every parents responsibility to teach their children well, and critical thinking is one of the most important things you can impart on them.

The schools would have them all march in lock step, it's up to you to teach them to challenge their teachers when being taught certain subjects. But they also should know how to do this in a respectful manner, and be able to instigate class discussion so that more children hear the message.

It's very important for parents to follow the school curriculum, and take part in your student homework. Particularly in subject like history, social studies, health, current affairs, religion, and science. These are all open for interpretation, and them knowing more than one side of the story is necessary for them to grow up with an open mind.

EDIT: sp

[edit on 11/6/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't advise having your 8 year old kid start spewing out NEW WORLD ORDER! or 911 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! on the playground or in history class.

You as a parent have to make the right decisions for your children. I for one will not attempt to tell you how. My 2 cents though. History and historians alike will use the offical version of the events on 911. Your children will read about it and then ask you questions. You can then respond by showing them FURTHER evidence into the day. Talk about how it affected you personally...etc etc. How MUCH you want to share with them should depend upon their ages.

My children were attending school in an area that was still saying how good the Pilgrims where when they came to America, and how BAD the Indians used to be. Well I had to bite my tongue at the Parent Teachers conferences. My children were taught by school and in addition taught by me.
As far as 911 goes, my son presented some info to his history class a couple years ago (high school) in regards to the 911 theories. The teacher was impressed. My son then did further research and pretty much debunked himself. (he mostly looked at the no plane at the Pentagon)

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'll tell my kids to beat up any children that claim 9/11 was a government job..because we don't need any more idiot kids running around making the world stupider.

But seriously it's wrong to tell your CHILDREN 9/11 was a conspirocy, if they find out..then let it be on their own. You're just brainwashing them to be as paranoid and stupid as they parents are.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Paranoia is not healthy, blind obedience neither. Are you really sure nobody from politics is involved? I mean, ask yourself who profits. Middle East? Nah, military does. So, why would any terrorist with half a brain attack Pentagon? To provoke them to go and attack their country?

Think about it, you need more of that. Also tell your children to start thinking instead of kicking around ad spreading violence. Question authority and yes, question paranoid delusional hippies too.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Good launcher...

Originally posted by Spawwwn
I'll tell my kids to beat up any children that claim 9/11 was a government job..because we don't need any more idiot kids running around making the world stupider.

If my kids were in the same school, and chose to express their beliefs, they'd stand their ground, while your kids got expelled.

I know you were just jesting of course, meaning:

But seriously it's wrong to tell your CHILDREN 9/11 was a conspirocy, if they find out..then let it be on their own. You're just brainwashing them to be as paranoid and stupid as they parents are.

I agree in a sense - people pass on their religion, their superstitions, issues, etc. I would advise against polluting your kids with nonsense, but people are ony so good at knowing what that is. Adults are only so much smarter than kids, and dumber in a way becuase they oftem amp up their own "expertise" without realizing just how little they really know. I see it all the time downtown here. Bad parenting and awful six year olds who will become bad parents themselves in nine to twelve years.

Kids should be taught about whatever they're ready to handle, both/all sides when possible, and encouraged to make up their own minds.
Religion,
history,
politics,
general values,
etc.

9/11 should be one of those things.

But I suppose that's too much to ask of most parents. We like to form little copies of ourselves all too often.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Play them the "Loose Change" video. Tell them that the whole US administration are a bunch of lying scumbags.

Then explain to them why you are still living in a country you hate. A country you seem to hate more than the Islamists

Alternatively, you could just read it out from a book when you have read all the "Hansel and Gretel", pop up nursery rhyme books and Aesops Fables.

Because it is of course just another "Fairy Tale"

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

So your teaching your kids to just blindly follow whatever they are told by the media and teachers so they will be good little robots.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Kids are good at working things out for themselves, helped along by parents (like me) who sit and watch the news and blurt out "liar" or "damned liar" a lot at the screen. I think it's more important to teach kids how to grow their own food, start a fire without a match etc. just in case.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Good point Ultima. Whether or not they should, the PTB will tell our children about the official story to no end. Conspiracy Theories can't be ignored now as at least a side-note in some books, but what highlights will they brush over in dismissing the whole tangent as answered and debunked? If we want reasoned citizens in the future, they need to know as much as they cn find, and parents should help guide their kids to the truth by providing couter-points to what the state promotes.

Great thread starter, Jvill. It's been almost six years, and still no new investigation or resulting impeachment/mass trrial/public revolution/whatever - time to start thinking in generational terms. The Powers that be already are. Their plans include the "WWIV" that 9/11 kickstarted will still be being fought when the kids born today are having their own. This is looking like long-term stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Teach them what exactly?

There are 999 different theroys + 1 offical line.

Wouldn't mind knowing my self first.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Teach them what exactly?

There are 999 different theroys + 1 offical line.

Wouldn't mind knowing my self first.

Do your own research.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Myself, I am not going worry about it too much. If/when I ever have children old enough to deal with 9/11 controversy there will something far bigger and more important to deal with.

As a frame of reference I was one of those wunderkind children that could read and comprehend a newspaper at 5-6 years old and would ask those tough questions of where was Israel and the Middle East and why were there terrorists killing people. Grandpa deflected the conversation by having me bring him the globe and he showed me where all these places were.

Ah, the early 1970's, too bad the world hasn't grown up since then.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
While I certainly wouldn't count on the schools to teach them the truth about 9/11, or anything else for that matter
, I don't think that it's a good idea to tell your 10 year old little boy or girl that everything they are told is a lie. They will learn that hard fact soon enough.

I really think that such an issue is a bit much for a tender mind. I say that being an individual that grew up around a lot of political talk and religious discussions, et cetera. I never was a child really. Let your kid be a kid while they can.
They will learn how crummy and underhanded everything is soon enough.

That is how I look at it. I am a product of a household where I learned the hard cold facts way too early in life. Hell, when I was ten and eleven years old, I was discussing current affairs and politics with people that were old enough to be my grandparents. I should have been outside playing.

My best advice would be, refrain from telling your kids about anything such as 9/11. Let them be kids and have the faith that they will one day learn that everything they have been told is a lie, because they will. They will learn it and when they do, they will be better for it.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My kids are too young for this kind of discussion but I will always promote free thinking in our home and hopefully teach my children to, at the very least, ask questions and research everything.
However, the way this government works you could very well have social services at your door screaming mental abuse and taking away your children...That terrifies me more than anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My 7 year old has watched over my shoulder on occasion while I sift through the many theories and evidence. I simply answer the best I can when he questions me. I don't know everything I would like to know about 911, but I've seen and read enough to think the "official" version ain't what it's cracked up to be.

It's our responsibility to look for the truth and pass it on to the next generation. To do anything else would be negligent.

911 has also been a trigger for implimenting new restrictions on liberty, and some faulty foreign policies. I think you should tell your kids about these things and other government related things, and leave 911 CT's for when they ask.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Off topic... There should be a way to remove stars from peoples names. Instead of just clicking a star and add to their star count. That would balance it out. I may have misunderstood this new feature correct me if im wrong.
I clicked the (?) I dont understand why we cant vote someone down. It would make this new feature a hell of alot more fair.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by madmangunradio]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You're just brainwashing them to be as paranoid and stupid as they parents are.

That's exactly why I'm not going to tell mine OBL did it.

And if I lived a few hundred years ago, hopefully I would be telling my kids about Galileo's discoveries and why the church sucks. I'm just no-good and rotten like that.

But it really isn't uncommon for stupid masses of people to clusterlove each other while harshly criticizing everyone else. It's more like the norm. So I'm not concerned.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Many people around the world have had to bring up their children in totalitarian regimes. One political line is taken in public and another at home. In some ways it might make a family stronger to face the external threat of the official order around them. It is sad to think of America becoming another of those broken states.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join