It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are not alone. Unique experiment, try it.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
this remind me of an excellent movie can't remember the name sorry

edit: just found it

[edit on 6-6-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1
this remind me of an excellent movie can't remember the name sorry

edit: just found it

[edit on 6-6-2007 by themaster1]

lol how olds that movie? i cant find it on the IMDB database.
what the move about? and how does it involve the OP's thoery? so do u wana elaborate or wot

[edit on 7-6-2007 by gtirlad2]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman
If on the other hand you know there is risk and accept it, then so be it. So no, I will feel no guilt.

Fair enough Swordsman. I wasn't trying to guilt trip you--I actually wondered out of curiosity whether or not you'd feel guilty. As for myself, I would feel responsible, but that's just me. Maybe my reaction to this thread is the result of 25 years living in LA. It isn't until you log onto your local police department's crime statistics webpage that it hits home what's really going on out there. The news media covers only a fraction of it. Which reminds me...

This is getting off topic, but as long as I'm on the subject, a couple days ago an associate of mine who is a personal friend of the Pasadena police chief learned from him that there has been around a dozen gang killings in the past month. I said, that's odd, I haven't read a thing about it. And he told me that the reason I hadn't was because they (the police) asked the news media not to report on it (because such coverage tends to escalate the violence). That was really shocking to me on a couple levels, yikes!

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad2
lol how olds that movie? i cant find it on the IMDB database.
what the move about? and how does it involve the OP's thoery? it looks intresting

I have that movie! An excellent John Carpenter flick. Look in IMDB under the name They Live. It's about aliens working and living among humans who can't be seen for what they are unless you wear special sunglasses. And it has one of the best duke-it-out fight scenes I've ever seen.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i've had odd experiences like that in my sub-urban city. more like my neighborhood.

whilst driving to and from my house, i'd always see this guy, older man, looked Indian or Pakistani maybe, bald on top, real short, slightly stocky, but not heavy by any means, just your average short old man.

but when i'd see him, which used to be like every single damn day multiple times each day, he'd usually be walking up and down this sidewalk on this road called "Providence" near this one airport near my 'hood i pass as im leaving it. Most often he'd be sitting on a tree stump watching the planes land and take off, but a couple times i saw him walking.

i saw him so often i started to wave when id see him and think of maybe walking up to him one day on one of my walks (i dont go that far when walking) as he sits and watchs the airplanes to say hi but before i ever got the chance he's seemingly vanished. before that, when id drive by like all the time, it took a while before he'd acknowledge me openly waving at him as i pass, on a 25mph road. i think he might have waved once or twice, usually acted like he was busy looking off into the distance or something.

now im sure hes just a neighbor, living in my neighborhood, who is retired and in their 60's and want to go watch airplanes take off and land because they came from some 3rd world ass country, and he just hasn't been out there anymore lately since it has warmed up, which i found strange. He was out there in the late winter when it was still pretty cold. the weird thing was, i felt slightly pulled to him, not literally, but i normally dont go out of my way to seek a stranger, especially one that different than I, and talk. I pictured a "Karate Kid" & Mr. Miyagi thing going on, maybe he was a Hindu and knew all kinds of crazy sh#t, thats what I thought. I wanted to know what he knew, to put it simple. And then he disappeared.

like i said hes probably a neighbor, but theres a number of strange things i will cite for reference of this thread and post. first, it doesnt fit the presented theory in its presented form, but its similar.

second, he wasnt always walking, he was sitting on the stump or standing and watching the airplanes usually. but sometimes hed be walking. i cant recall if he ever walked directly away from me. the weird sh#t is, i've never, ever seen him anywhere else in the neighborhood. never. ive never seen him walking down my road 'on the way' to his area he did nothing in all day seemingly. its the only way there, unless u come from way out on the busy through-way street w/lots of cars. highly unlikely. so i wonder why ive never seen him walking to or from a house, for example. i shouldve tried to follow him one day but he never gave the chance, like i said, i never recall seeing him walk away from my general direction.

third, he was watching airplanes all day on a road called 'Providence', like "Divine Providence" or God Provides? and also, he was constantly watching the airplanes land and take off. that just now struck me as odd, before i thought he wasnt used to being around em and was genuinely interested. but now im thinking, what if he was a fallen angel, a "watcher" of the biblical sense? It would certainly explain his fascination with the planes.

fourth, as soon as i got up the idea and notion to walk over one day and say hi and try to talk to him, he seemingly disappeared. i havent seen him up there at all in months. i know, hes probably just a neighbor that is now out of town, overseas, or unable to walk or something. its still kind of odd.

and the people across the street from me, they are Indians, ala India. But he is not of their family now that I think on it, because I see them outside all the time and ive never ever seen him going to or from a house, especially one right across from my own, you know?

who knows.. but i do believe that some people you help are indeed in disguise. heres a freaky one for you religous ones that know the old testament, Isaiah really. when i was vacationing in South Carolina, i was bored as crap and at the time smoked, so i was trying to score off a strange, some herb, stupid i know, but its the past. anyways, it was really bumming me, but that night at the gas station a black dude, kinda bummy looking but short and not intimidating looking was standing on the side of it. I thought he looked like someone who might know where its at, but he called out to me. He said hey man do you have a dollar or two im just trying to get bus money, or something like that. I said, ill give you a ride man, that way i could ask him where the green was. Well, his 'cousin' who arrived at his 'home' which was more like a utility shed sold it or something. Anyway, the guy's named was Immanuel, the name that Isaiah said the risen messiah's name would be. At the time i had never read Isaiah and didnt know that.

I'll never know the 100% about either of them. oh well.

[edit on 6/7/2007 by runetang]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
hmm interesting... sometimes when i go out and about ill see the same person at the start and end of my little journy (i use the bus and stuff) i have had that happen a few times actually but then i would be like oh just one of those things? hahha makes me think about it a little more now. and it's usually "sketchy" looking people this happens with

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The more I think about it, the more I remember this woman I see every once in a while (maybe ever other day when I drive to my girlfriends place which is about a mile, mile and a half away), and she is always facing me and walking the other direction. I've always assumed she was some coke head or something, but now maybe she's "different". I dunno, it's very strange to read your guys' accounts and then recalling something like this.

Next time I see her I will wave, then if I see her again, try and talk to her.

A few years ago a worked a Macy's for the Christmas Season, and I would always see the same "odd" looking man ringing the bell for the change thing outside of stores. He would always ask me how I was and I would say great and Merry Christmas. He was almost a dwarf, maybe 5 foot even. I would always have good expierences and/or good luck after that night at work.

Makes me think. I am looking foward to more insight from you guys, and the OP.

-Droops

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Very interesting… Some good reading here.

I live in a rather odd little town in Lancashire and have a tendency to wander the streets after dark. On several occasions I have encountered ‘people’ that may fit the descriptions here… And as others have mentioned, the ‘people’ are always approaching. Again, it could all be coincidence.

This night in particular was a strange one - My partner and I often wander the streets in the early hours (1-4am) and had a rather disturbing experience about 5 years ago. We were out and about (around midnight) when we realised that we weren’t the only ones wandering the streets. We were standing beneath a lamppost on a street corner when I noticed a figure behind a hedgerow. (Being young and naïve, the first thing that sprang to mind was “MICHAEL MYERS!”) The figure was motionless and was seemingly watching. Needless to say, we quickly left the area… as did the figure.

Being ‘into’ this kind of thing we decided to stay out on the off chance of encountering this ‘person’ again. The eeriness just escalated. We were seeing this ‘person’ everywhere; at the end of ginnels; under lampposts; between gravestones; beneath trees and behind bushes. We reached the “right that’s enough” stage when we ended up no more than 20 feet from the figure, once again behind a bush, watching. This time we were close enough to make out the lines on his face. It was time to go home…

Fortunately for us, that was the last time we saw him/it. However, stranger things have happened…

I’ll be sure to check this out as proposed.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That's freaky... and HooHaa still hasn't reported back.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
That's freaky... and HooHaa still hasn't reported back.

"HooHaa?!"

"Get back inside before you're assimilated...!"

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Surely they're always going to be walking towards you, because you probably wont notice someone that's half way down the road behind you because they'd never catch you up?

When you say go out and walk for 4 hours do you mean like in a straight line or what? Because obviously if you walk around a city in circles for 4 hours you're going to see a few drifting bums a few times lol

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
this is stupid really is.

I'm often out on a weekend walking home from a club or from a friends house . usually very early in the morning 3-4 .

Am i one of these creatures?

If you asked my x-girlfriend I'm sure she would agree with you.

Seriously tho i would strongly recommend against practicing this experiment.
You are likely to be attacked and or robbed of your i-pods.

If you approached me walking home after a heavy night out you would feel more than mentally drained.

You could try driving around watching people this would be safer.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

One man's saint is another man's fool.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

I'm often out on a weekend walking home from a club or from a friends house . usually very early in the morning 3-4 .

Am i one of these creatures?

If you asked my x-girlfriend I'm sure she would agree with you.

Seriously tho i would strongly recommend against practicing this experiment.
You are likely to be attacked and or robbed of your i-pods.

If you approached me walking home after a heavy night out you would feel more than mentally drained.

You could try driving around watching people this would be safer.

Exactly as i suggested in my first reply to this thread.

Although i have had weird accurences like this, its nothing more then coincidental due to the fact that these people who you encounter; live or may be passing through the area in which you live in.

Try talking to the "being" that you keep encountering, i garrantee that he is a resident of your suburb lol Im not trying to put down the thoery ,but rather saying that this can easily be explained by mare coincidence.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by gtirlad2]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hey I tried this and what do you know. I passed some strange people a couple of times wandering around the block late at night. I must have passed these people 3 or 4 times at staggered intervals until I got the courage to speak to them.
Turns out that they were all doing this experiment

Seriously though, if these people are watchers then what are they studying late at night when everyone is inside and they are outside?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebox
We reached the “right that’s enough” stage when we ended up no more than 20 feet from the figure, once again behind a bush, watching. This time we were close enough to make out the lines on his face. It was time to go home…

Fortunately for us, that was the last time we saw him/it. However, stranger things have happened…

I’ll be sure to check this out as proposed.

Why did you not ask this person why they was following you about???

Also please ellaborate on the "stranger things have happened"

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So let me get this straight...You're supposed to walk around a city aimlessly at night and you repeatedly come across (the same) other people walking around the same city aimlessly.

Do you think those other people see you repeatedly, then say to themselves "hey, I saw that same guy 30 minutes ago".

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
Absolutely amazing theory. This is why I love ATS. I will deffinately attempt this soon, hopefully this weekend with a friend of mine. I live close to Seattle so I could try it there in some areas, and then also try it in the city where I live. See if Suburban areas spawn more of these "beings" than a sprawling city.

I'm hoping HooHaa has some interesting results! I may stay up a little late waiting for a reply. Awesome thread my friend!

-Droops

[edit on 6-6-2007 by DrOOpieS]

If you do, carry a gun with you. I used to live in Seattle. I am also a denizen of the night. I often have walked around at night there. Ill save you the time. You will see alot of creepy people walking around staring at you. They are called junkies, tweekers, hookers, pimps, drug dealers, johns, and homeless people. You will be followed, most likely the people staking you out to see if you are a good mark. Always carry a weapon.

Im afraid the OP's "friend" obviously does not get out much at night, otherwise, he would know that the only people walking around at night are druggies, insominiacs, and weirdos like me.

Of all the times Ive walked around at night Ive never encounetred "alien" or paranormal beings, and people I encountered multiple times walking towards me were nervous tweekers asking me for a cigarette or money. Psychically draining? No. Just terribly annoying, especially since tweekers are always wired and they dont shut up, rambling a mile a minute about a bunch of unrelated crap.

Sorry to burst any conspiacy bubbles here, but anyone who gets out of their house once in a while know that night is always the time for human weirdos to roam.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
While I wouldn't recommend doign an experiment like this, there is an experiment to try that could do a number of things

1. Could freak you out.

2. Could raise your awareness.

3. Could put you to sleep.

And the experiment goes as such:

Things you need:

A room with no one in it.
CD/Tapeplayer
Cd/tape of some instrumental music

Go to a room, possibly a room you don't go into often. Close all the windows (if they are open) and shades. You want the room as dark as posible. find a good place thats confortable and sit down. Turn the music on and sit and wait (could take awhile). You might start seeing things or hearing them. You can take this in two ways.

One. Your mind plays tricks on you and makes you scared

Or

Two. You are seeing things from a possible close dimension.

I leave it up to the person on which of the solutions they think is real and what is just mind games.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
They are called junkies, tweekers, hookers, pimps, drug dealers, johns, and homeless people.

Sorry to burst any conspiacy bubbles here, but anyone who gets out of their house once in a while know that night is always the time for human weirdos to roam.

but there's the few of us that are involved with the newspaper industry,

a lot of delivery people get their bundles or plunk down bundles of news-rags at the delivery sites all over the city.

back in D.C. years ago,
i'd hoof it down to the Washington Post newspaper,
to work between 1AM-5AM,
but getting the 15 blocks from DuPont Circle to downtown, i'd learned to vary my route each time i needed to suppliment my day jobs take home money by working at the collalating room ( stuffing sections of the paper together for a little more than minimum wage.)

To audience-in-general:
a lot of times a person approaching, who was an asocial homeless,
would cross the street to avoid getting near someone....after all they were astute to avoid weirdos too & didn't know if you might be aother son-of-sam or a night stalker slasher.

To the OP:
i don't think its your imagination...its your self preservation thats kicking
into overdrive.....fear is a good thing, but excessive fear into paranoia
can be a problem

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join