It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are not alone. Unique experiment, try it.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've recently become aware of a theory. In order to test it, I thought I'd bring it to ATS to see if anyone else comes to these conclusions.

The Theory- We are being watched.
At all times we are being watched by beings. They look like us. But they are not normal. What are they? Aliens, demons, hybrids, "agents" like the matrix? No idea.

The Experiment-
If you live in a city, or fairly densely populated location, go out at night. Preferably fairly late, 11pm or so, when most normal people are inside. You will begin to encounter people that are walking towards you. Often times, they move in a sluggish manner. As you go by one, take out a watch and time how long it is until you see that person again. You will find that you encounter the same person on even intervals of time, however, you won't often find them on the same street. You will always encounter these beings walking towards you, never in the same direction.

I hear that some my try to introduce themselves, shake your hand. Physical contact with these beings can be draining. Not physically, but mentally. Some may appear to be homeless, these ones are more prone to aggression.

When you are near these beings, you may have a feeling of nervousness, or feel uneasy. You may have a feeling of dread, or being watched.

Walk around for 4 hours or so. Do it on the weekends if possible, and try it a few times. Warning, walking around at night in urban locations can be dangerous. Use good judgment.

If this proves to be a national, or global phenomenon, then there really may be something to this. If not, it could be chalked up to any number of things, such as coincidence and overactive imagination.

Try this experiment, give it a fair shot, and report back.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
A "theory?" What? Where'd this come from, exactly?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Someone I know told me about this "survivalist conspiracy guy". I talked to the guy, and he said that he discovered this on his own time. A few of his friends that have tried this experiment had success. I am personally not sure what to think at the moment. I find the thoery interesting, and wanted to share.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman

As you go by one, take out a watch and time how long it is until you see that person again. You will find that you encounter the same person on even intervals of time, however, you won't often find them on the same street.

What do you mean? That you will see them again the same day within 4 hrs walking towards you?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Interesting theory, but like the previous comment I am not following you.

Worth giving a shot though. Just for fun, and to possibly creep myself out.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
-Sings- It's a small world after all!

Humor is a way of dealing with Anxiety.

That's a great theory, and perfectly plausible applying "The Secret"

But be careful, because theories are dangerous too. I almost went into a Psychotic episode because of a theory of mine. One that's becoming more evident every few hours that I search. Don't let fear and paranoia enter your mind when practicing this.

A new era is upon us.

I'll be sure to practice your theory next time I'm out for a few hours. In fact. Now that I look back, I can deffinately remember a few individual faces at Barnes and Nobles who took interest in the same subjects as I. But that section is mostly empty until I go there. I think I'll go now. I still have alot of reading to do.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
hmm I dunno, would you have to go out to a different location than you live in? cause if you go around to your neighborhood you may encounter your neighbors, and that isn't too odd at all...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm sorry for being vague. I kept getting interupted while posting.

Start at night, and walk for 4 hours. (It can be less, but that's the suggested time phrame) As you walk, you may encounter these beings. Night time is suggested simply because there are fewer people that you will encounter. If you run into one that you think may be a being, you can time it. During your walk you may see it every 15 minutes, or 27, or whatever. They will always be found walking towards you. Let me give you an example. Say you see one at 11:15. You might see the same one at 11:45, then again at 12:15, then 12:45, etc.

If you live in a more rural area and still wish to try, going to a city would still prove effective. Cities are suggested, the larger the better, more population to observe for these beings.

Again, this isn't my theory, but I thought it would be neat to try out. Walking for 4 hours at night in a large city, just walking through alleys and dense portions of town is what is most highly suggested. Easiest to pick to out I'm told. I'm sure these beings can also be found in stores and other places, only harder to pick out.

I hope this cleared up the questions you may have.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sounds really interesting. Just wondering though, where did you find this theory?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I live in the heart of Chicago so this will be a fun one to do. Ill try it this weekend, and post what i see. Iv always thought about somthing like this but never elaborated on it.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Often times, they move in a sluggish manner.

Especially in skid row here in LA.

I hear that some my try to introduce themselves, shake your hand. Physical contact with these beings can be draining. Not physically, but mentally. Some may appear to be homeless, these ones are more prone to aggression.

Right, in skid row.

When you are near these beings, you may have a feeling of nervousness, or feel uneasy. You may have a feeling of dread, or being watched.

Right, 11 pm in skid row, I'd definitely have a feeling of dread and being watched.

Walk around for 4 hours or so. Do it on the weekends if possible, and try it a few times. Warning, walking around at night in urban locations can be dangerous. Use good judgment.

The best judgement would be to not walk around in the middle of the night in urban locations. If someone gets killed testing this theory, will you feel any guilt?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

The best judgement would be to not walk around in the middle of the night in urban locations. If someone gets killed testing this theory, will you feel any guilt?

I warned them it was dangerous. If they chose to go further, it's up to them. That's like the running of the bulls. They choose to run infront of charging bulls. They know it's dangerous, yet they continue. If they die running, it's their responsibility to deal with the consequences. Everything we do will have consequences. If adults do not know this yet, then life has taught them nothing. If on the other hand you know there is risk and accept it, then so be it. So no, I will feel no guilt.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Doesn't a person walking around outside like that, in search of "Creatures", kind of fit the description of 'you' the person out in search of the 'Creatures', I mean he keeps seeing you at those times too. In the same sort of awkward situation.

It's a paradox in a way, you send people out late in search of 'Creatures' who act weird and if you run in to someone more than once, while your 'kind of' in search of them, they must be 'Creatures' and they are out to drain your mental power.

I think it is just the paranoid talk of Sub-Urban people, scare of the happening in an Urban setting.

P.S. - that thing following you during most sunny days is not a demon, It's your shadow...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, that was an odd theory. Load of bunk though, i am afraid.

I might add that I am what is known as a night owl. I work night's, 1900-0700, so I'm out and about at all hours.

Never once have I ever experienced anything like what is being described. I have seen odd people at funny hours, but that is usually those finding it hard to get home from the pub!

Just a tad paranoid, methinks.

Now, you said you have done it yourself. Perhaps you could provide video evidence of what you see.

I am not entirely sure I understand your premise entirely, so I might be missing something. A visual recodring of what it is your on about would be great!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Paul in the bible warns Christians to treat strangers with respect. He goes on to say that many have entertained Angels unawares. In the old testament they were referred as watchers. Now if they called them that because thats their job and thats what they do or if its a type of class I'm not sure.

Could be thats what people are encountering. Just a thought.....

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
i would but im on house arrest if i started walking around im sure that there would be people coming towards me.....with handcuffs

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Now, you said you have done it yourself. Perhaps you could provide video evidence of what you see.

At what point did I say that I tried it? I said that I heard the theory from a guy my friend knows. Sort of a "friend of a friend" and I have not had the opportunity to try it. In fact, I also said that I don't know if this really happens, or if it's just coincidence that the guy sees. However, he claims the people who have tried it had success.

If anyone wants to try it, go ahead. If you don't want to try it, you don't have to.

I really can't say any more, because I don't know enough about it to deepen my opinion. I just figured "hey, why don't I tell other people that might be interested in testing the theory?"

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'll give it a go GreySword. It's 12 am here and Im slipping on my shoes to walk the block... I'll post what happens if anything...btw I live in a fairly decent sized city so I'm sure I'll see someone, just have to see if its the "right" kind of someone... keep you posted...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing theory. This is why I love ATS. I will deffinately attempt this soon, hopefully this weekend with a friend of mine. I live close to Seattle so I could try it there in some areas, and then also try it in the city where I live. See if Suburban areas spawn more of these "beings" than a sprawling city.

I'm hoping HooHaa has some interesting results! I may stay up a little late waiting for a reply. Awesome thread my friend!

-Droops

[edit on 6-6-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Someone I know told me about this "survivalist conspiracy guy". I talked to the guy, and he said that he discovered this on his own time. A few of his friends that have tried this experiment had success. I am personally not sure what to think at the moment. I find the thoery interesting, and wanted to share.

Iv had strange incidents like this such as the OP's thoery, but im sure it just boils down to coincidence.... as these people who you encounter "live" in your area... and it is nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join