It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are not alone. Unique experiment, try it.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman
Try this experiment, give it a fair shot, and report back.

Are you serious?

I've done your experiment without even trying to for the past 12 years.

Has your friend ever lived in the city? Heard the expression "the freaks come out at night?" It's true. A lot of people out that late have a certain agenda and it's mostly desperate and illegal.

Draining?

Yea...they are needy and its best not to get dragged into thier world because I've been there. Their world isn't somewhere in outer space, it's right here. In their world they need a lot of crap you have to help them get somewhere and it's a futile endeavor. Most are beyond help.

Handshakes?

They try and shake hands because its an old panhandler trick to hold you there while they beg. They don't let go afterward until they've asked you for money. I've stopped shaking hands with strangers in the city they I pass long ago because of this but I assure you...it happens during the day too.

White, black, Hispanic, Asian...they are all out there. They don't appear to be homeless usually they are. Or should I say "displaced"?

Shambling..shuffling?

Try barely being able to stand! Dave Chappelle made a joke about the whole "crack balance" thing. I've seen people wobbling like a reed in the wind and I swear they never fall over. It's like those metal balance desk objects I see in peoples offices at work.

The vacant look?

Usually drugs or alcohol. I mean you could come across someone that is genuinely depressed but even still don't add to it by starring at them like they are from mars.

They aren't aliens.

They aren't inter-dimensional zombies

They aren't government spies.

They are the LOST SOULS of the night.

They come out then because they aren't paid so much attention to...until now it seems. Do yourself a favor and don't follow them around. I bet they wonder why they keep seeing YOU over and over again. Could you be an alien?

Constantly passing them and checking your watch can make you a target for someone that sees you as an undercover or informant. If a person is not a part of the "night" it's may look odd to them so just stay home and watch Stargate.

Man I'd love to drive your friend through my city as I can see he's obviously not from one. If he thinks beggars are aliens I'd love his take on the transvestite-thugs.

What's that about?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1

Originally posted by thebox
We reached the “right that’s enough” stage when we ended up no more than 20 feet from the figure, once again behind a bush, watching. This time we were close enough to make out the lines on his face. It was time to go home…

Fortunately for us, that was the last time we saw him/it. However, stranger things have happened…

I’ll be sure to check this out as proposed.

Why did you not ask this person why they was following you about???

Also please ellaborate on the "stranger things have happened"

I don't know really. Some shadowy figure behind a bush tends to creep you out beyond the point of approach... I was 18 at the time, maybe a little too fearful...

I'll get back to you on the stranger things have happened front...

[edit on 7/6/07 by thebox]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I live in NYC. You want me to stand on the street, preferably after 11 PM and when I see someone walking towards me pull out my watch?

will you replace it after the dude walking towards me takes it?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman

Preferably fairly late, 11pm or so, when most normal people are inside.

You will find that you encounter the same person on even intervals of time, however, you won't often find them on the same street.

One more thing, the key term in the first sentence is "normal" people. It's true all the "normal" people are at home during the night so that should tell you that most people roaming the street are not "normal".

The constant circling of the area is an addicts "drug hunt". Cops usually stop a person if they've seen them two or three times because they know this. It's routine and even when I've strolled out at night alone in a circle I've gotten asked for ID. Most will in the city.

I think your friend has it twisted. If alien beings were hear to watch and spy on us they wouldn't take on the form of the socially maladjusted they'd be in the upper echelons of our society. They'd be unapproachable, untouchable and they'd be very powerful.

In other words look to the man in the three-piece suit not the three-dollar shirt. Have your friend watch the film, THEY LIVE. That would be closer to the real deal than what he's claiming.

If anything, all your friend and his theory have done is indicate what a sheltered life he's had.

It's kinda sad actually.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
runetang,

So, you see a guy that "looks Pakistani" sitting on a stump watching planes land and take off for hours on end in the dead of winter. This takes place for only a short time and you see this man nowhere else accept walking to or from his vantage point. You begin to start acknowledging him and he suddenly disappears never to be seen again.

Did you ever consider that he was a terrorist and this was his job? Then when too many people start to acknowledge him or 'recognize' him and what he's doing he is pulled from the area? Or he may have gotten all the flight data needed and moved on to the next task? What better use for an old sympathizer?

No, I'm not saying he was a terrorist but it did cross my mind and also answers allot of questions in your story.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Things do seem strange late at night or early morning. It is a different world different species come out like bats and wierdos. This is interesting I too have seen some very unusual things at the late hours.???

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
runetang,

So, you see a guy that "looks Pakistani" sitting on a stump watching planes land and take off for hours on end in the dead of winter. Did you ever consider that he was a terrorist and this was his job? No, I'm not saying he was a terrorist...

And right there is a perfect example of who "stands out" in this experiment and how and why I think the experiment itself is a prejudiced example of the demonization of the poor, lost and/or different. Aside from appearing homeless or destitute how exactly do these shuffling and shambling 'beings" look, I wonder?

Simply because this "Pakistani" man is a unique minority he is noticed as being an oddity. Perhaps he just wanted to sit and maybe work some issues out in his mind or he is simply relaxing...but no...now....he's either an alien or a potential terrorist.

Thanks to the media fear-pushers, conspiracy nuts and manipulative politicians we are looking over our shoulder at everyone now as a threat.

I wonder how many people that look like US do we pass on a regular basis four or five times without notice?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm glad this thread got this much attention. The guy I heard this theory from was a fairly interesting fellow. He himself wondered if it was all in his head, which is why he started asking others to test his theory. Do as you will with the information. I used to walk around at night in the city fairly often. I never noticed anything happening as described. However, I didn't walk around for hours looking for anything suspicious either.

It all could be coincidence. However it does provoke some thought. If you're willing to take the risk and try the experiment, good luck! If you're not, well, can't say that I blame you.

Some people took to the experiment with a relative degree of enthusism, I curiously await to hear the results they get. Whether it works out one way or another, I don't much care, I don't have stock in this theory. However, if it does prove to be something that people are experiencing, I may be a bit less content with the results, if you catch my drift.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sounds like the makings of a fun Urban Legend.
Way to many variables to actually test objectively. Leaves it wide open to subjective antedodal stories.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Red_Dog_BOM]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well... you gotta think though that you might be noticing the same people coming towards you by chance. But you probably wouldn't notice them if they were walking the same way as you (especially if they are behind you) or even if they pass you from behind simply because we are prone to remember faces better than backs of people's head.

It's very likely that you have been walking down the street in the same direction as these "creatures" without knowing and therefor you wont take this into account when thinking about this "unusual" situation...

It's just like how some people tend to remember all the bad things they have been through rather than that day you had fun because your sister dropped an icecone down her cleavage or standing next to the neighbours dog while shaking off it's wet coat.

But the idea is funny
You could probably freak some people out by making a movie about this. Btw... I loved "They live"
6 months ago I remembered it and instantly wanted to see it again. Took me 2 weeks to find it cause I couldn't remember any details about it

Like it's been said before, don't let paranoia get to ya. The mind can be your enemy as well as your safekeeper. It's all about which part of it you let have control over you.

Come back and tell about the trips on the streets
They are bound to be interesting.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'd be too scared to walk the streets in the middle of the night. I'm in the UK and we have yellow street lights (don't know why) and they make everyone look almost the same anyway. I tried a similar but different experiment years ago and I was sure it worked. I'd been reading a Timothy Good/Lou Zinnstag book and it mentioned the "boys upstairs" (aliens in human guise if I remember correctly). So, one day when I was in the middle of a busy shopping precinct I stood at the end of the street and said loudly, in my mind, something like " I know what you are". I was totally surprised when a tall oldish looking man, pure white long hair and a couple of heavy shopping bags, stopped in the middle of the car park and turned round and picked me out from the crowd. He stared directly at me for a couple of seconds and I was sure he gave me a wee nod of the head before moving on. When he got to the pavement he turned and looked again and went on his way. I was convinced he'd heard me.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
The more I think about it, the more I remember this woman I see every once in a while (maybe ever other day when I drive to my girlfriends place which is about a mile, mile and a half away), and she is always facing me and walking the other direction. I've always assumed she was some coke head or something, but now maybe she's "different". I dunno, it's very strange to read your guys' accounts and then recalling something like this.

Next time I see her I will wave, then if I see her again, try and talk to her.

Well I have some sort of a result with this lady. Today I went for a walk with my mother down the street the beach I live by on Lake Washington. I saw this lady walk by my house before we left and my mom said something about it and I started to tell her about this theory.

Strangley enough, as we were walking down towards the beach, she was walking towards us! I quickly asked my mom if she's ever seen her walk away from her, and she said "no, only towards me." Strange indeed.

As I walked past her I smiled and said hello, she smiled back, and as she was almost behind me she said:"Hi, everyday." I am absolutely positive she did NOT say have a nice day. It sounded nothing like that. And as I looked behind me maybe 15 seconds later, she was at least a block and a half away from me. Very very strange encounter. I'm just glad I got a chance to try out this theory.

I think there is more validity to this theory than some of you think.

Try it out.

-Droops

P.S. it was about 2:30pm in the afternoon.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Extraterrestrials can communicate with you through people if they choose too...
they can zap the crap out of you as well...mind reading the whole enchilada...check out my profile for more...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I've just tried it the other night. Though I wasn't out for 4 hours, I was out, maybe 2? No success. I didn't come across anyone that looked supicious that I couldn't write off as drug addicts experiencing an episode.

However, I'm not quite ready to write it off just yet. I brought it up so that others could try it, and there'd be a range of experiences from around the country, if not world.

Glad some of you enjoyed this thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
now....he's either an alien or a potential terrorist.

Thanks to the media fear-pushers, conspiracy nuts and manipulative politicians we are looking over our shoulder at everyone now as a threat.

Getting a little wigged out over nothing aren't you?

So, you're saying that we should just give people the benefit of the doubt even though they are doing something that seems strange?

Around the time of 9/11 I was living in South Florida. We had a company van (white cargo, nondescript, older) to transport product from one building to another. The van was usually parked in the company lot in the same place and sat there 24/7 except when it did a run. One day out of the blue, 2 middle easter looking men come to the door and ask if they can buy the van. Not 2 months later 9/11 happens.

Now you tell me, are we just supposed to assume that this was 2 guys buying a van for common use? Most likely yes, even though it seems a bit strange that they ask to buy a van that is not for sale.

I'm sorry that we can't all be PC for everything but we are in a time of terrorism whether we like it or not. We can't just accept out of the ordinary things as run of the mill anymore.

Finally, even though I thought about the old guy possibly being a terrorist sympathizer doesn't mean I labeled him as such. I just voiced the possibility based on the facts of the story. You are the one that took it further with your assumptions.

Considering possibility doesn't make someone biased or a fearful conspiracy nut.

On edit: my apologies to the OP for straying a bit.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So they always come around after the same amount of minutes?
Ever thought about them being programmed?

Matrix?

Sammy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join