It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdest first hand sighting.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If I had to guess I'd say it isn't mothman, or any known cryptids. I haven't read an account of mothman seeming to swim. Maybe though. Yet stranger, I actually believe this story

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is very intersting indeed!
Thankyou for sharing , I do have questions but first I will speak with my Brother who is a Master Falconer, and see what he has to say.
I will flag this thread to be sure and come back for the pictures.
This is exciting and you know we live fairly close to one another. We must talk! Antar

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is awful crazy. Were you scared at all? Did you see any teeth or arms?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
NephraTari, can I perhaps give another suggestion:
Let your son give his description as to what you've seen. As we all know, children see things differently than adults, thus his description may give some details you may have missed. He could even do a sketch? You'll have to get all of it from him, without leading him, if you know what I mean.

May I ask how old your son is?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forrest4Three
This is awful crazy. Were you scared at all? Did you see any teeth or arms?
I wasn't really scared at any point just really confused initially. The entire time my primary thought was what the hell is that?
I didn't get a menacing feel during the sighting or afterward.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
NephraTari, can I perhaps give another suggestion:
Let your son give his description as to what you've seen. As we all know, children see things differently than adults, thus his description may give some details you may have missed. He could even do a sketch? You'll have to get all of it from him, without leading him, if you know what I mean.

May I ask how old your son is?

He only saw it "flying" next to us. He had not seen it cross over to the house and drop into the other form. He was in the back seat and his view was obstructed by my mother in laws head. He is 14.
To him it was just a really big and fast bird that moved funny.

Despite the fact that I felt no fear during the sighting I still wont let my kids outside after its starts getting sundown now. Which is somewhat irrational because this thing was out in the middle of the day. The proximity of the sighting to my home is very small. which in itself makes me a little nervous.

I will ask my son if he would like to share what he saw. I am sure he won't mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

To be honest; This sounds a lot like a "Moth man" sighting. I

To me the creature described sounds more like a bigfoot type creature that was somehow transported by a means unkown to use. Remember the creature SWAM not FLEW. Then frome the witnesses description sounds like a harry ape upon landing...even the odder reference is what a ape would mistakenly look like swimming.

then again look at the mothman pics

clc.as.wvu.edu:8080...
taskboy.com...

[edit on 5-6-2007 by hiii_98]

I have avoided that word bigfoot but I have to admit that the form it fell into did resemble that description better than any mothman pic I have seen. there were no wing like appendages on this thng. anywhere that I could see.
however last time I checked.. bigfoot didnt fly. or swim through the air.
I think the form was similar in that it was humanoid in shape and furry..
Half of me wishes for a better look the other half hopes I never see it again.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm putting myself in your position, and trying to imagine what you saw...

Wow...thats...a freakish sight. o_o;

Thing is, you seem to be a very trustworthy person so I really believe you. If only you had a camera... X-x

This is fascinating me...and its a bit spooky in a bizarre sense.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is definately an intriguing sighting. Did you say it landed in someones back yard or by their home? Do you know who happens to live there or if there were any other neighbors who saw anything? I would ask around. I hope you find something out, it does seem creepy.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
From your description of the 'creature' landing amongst houses, was there anything in the area that would warrant the creature landing where it did.

Swamp, forest, brush, more houses?

It seems odd that a creature would put itself in the middle of a populated area where detection is possible.

Some may say deer or other wildlife are often found in populated areas but this would usually transpire due to fear or starvation.

Just wondering if there was something in the area that the creature would be seeking or possibly..... returning to!

Again, applause for sharing your story.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yes it took form near a house, on the left side of it and preceded to move towards the back of that home towards its back yard and out of view as I was diagonal to it on the right side. by the time we had turned left and gotten next to where I could look to the right to see where it had landed and headed back towards the rear I could not find any sight of it.
I want to note that this is in an outskirt area of a small city so the homes are not close to each other there is a good quarter mile between most homes give or take a bit.. but they are definately not tight together as you see in a city and from what I understand the closest neighbors to this house are also family of theirs although I do not know them personally. I can't imagine as to what it might have been looking for, however I do recall livestock in the yard of the home while it was being constructed recently, that I no longer see. It is possible they have livestock in the rear of their property now. Perhaps it was looking for food? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Yes it took form near a house, on the left side of it and preceded to move towards the back of that home towards its back yard and out of view as I was diagonal to it on the right side. by the time we had turned left and gotten next to where I could look to the right to see where it had landed and headed back towards the rear I could not find any sight of it.
I want to note that this is in an outskirt area of a small city so the homes are not close to each other there is a good quarter mile between most homes give or take a bit.. but they are definately not tight together as you see in a city and from what I understand the closest neighbors to this house are also family of theirs although I do not know them personally. I can't imagine as to what it might have been looking for, however I do recall livestock in the yard of the home while it was being constructed recently, that I no longer see. It is possible they have livestock in the rear of their property now. Perhaps it was looking for food? I don't know.

Great I hope you find out more. I hope someone can sketch something s to what you hav seen. I will be checking this post out again.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sorry for taking so long to finish my illustration, Nephra. I had my finals this week, and barely had time to think up a concept for your creature, let alone draw one. But, I'm finally finished and here it is! Keep it mind that I filled in the vague areas with my own imagination, so it may not be exactly what you saw.

The creature is basically half human and half..... fur. It has a "fin" like appendage on it's back that helps it to control its flight direction, and fur on its forearms to help it.... er.... flap. Instead of flapping its arms or wings to fly, it levitates with the stones attached to the forehead and strings and swims through with the motion created by its long, furry back(for lack of a better term).

Here's a close-up of the head. I was inspired by the headwear of Hermes, an angel-like being that was the messenger of the gods.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Hmmm...if you REALLY want to find out what may be going on here...(and this is getting really creepy - ever see 'Jeepers Creepers'?) maybe you should pay a visit to the people who own this house and ask them if they've noticed anything...errmm...odd recently? You should be able to gauge from their reaction to the question if they know something or not. You might NOT want to mention to them what you saw unless you get a positive response though

JIMBO

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Very odd the way you said it was moving through the hair. Like a dolphin swimming in the ocean.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Many game birds often look like they are swimming thru the air, especially larger ones such as turkeys and pheasants. Peacocks will often look this way as well when in flight. Their feathers can often look furry as well, especially on the breast and belly of the bird.

There are also buzzards or vultures that can look extremely large.

NephraTari, are you familiar with any of these birds?

[edit on 11-6-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I had a thought over the weekend of a possibility.

Not being there, I can only guess as to what it may resemble based on you're description, but would a 3-D kite be a possible suspect?

The movement may be way off from what you saw, but I tried to think of something that could be manipulated to move up and down in a swimming motion and a kite seemed to fit.

The link below has mainly birds listed, but would a crypto-like creature be that hard to make?

They show demos of how the kites move in the air ( wing movement ), may not be plausible in your case but certainly cool look'n stuff.

Life-like kites

Not like the kites I used to get when I was a kid. lol

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Hmmm...if you REALLY want to find out what may be going on here...(and this is getting really creepy - ever see 'Jeepers Creepers'?) maybe you should pay a visit to the people who own this house and ask them if they've noticed anything...errmm...odd recently? You should be able to gauge from their reaction to the question if they know something or not. You might NOT want to mention to them what you saw unless you get a positive response though

JIMBO
Ya, I think not. In the off chance that they do know about it.. and get suspicous.. they know where I live. I have kids. I don't want to risk it.

On a good note, well at least for me. we wont be living here much longer, as my husband finally got his promotion and it means we have to relocate.
I will be glad to be out of this odd area.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
I had a thought over the weekend of a possibility.

Not being there, I can only guess as to what it may resemble based on you're description, but would a 3-D kite be a possible suspect?

The movement may be way off from what you saw, but I tried to think of something that could be manipulated to move up and down in a swimming motion and a kite seemed to fit.

The link below has mainly birds listed, but would a crypto-like creature be that hard to make?

problem. kites usually fly much higher than 6 ft above the ground. This was not that far above the ground. while it is possible for a kite to fly low... it did not seem to have the mass of a kite. however it did move fast. that is a very good idea. that would have to be one hell of a kite. And were was the person pulling it? and how did the kite drop into another shape when it crossed the road to the house?

not a bad theory but sadly I dont think its my answer.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Many game birds often look like they are swimming thru the air, especially larger ones such as turkeys and pheasants. Peacocks will often look this way as well when in flight. Their feathers can often look furry as well, especially on the breast and belly of the bird.

There are also buzzards or vultures that can look extremely large.

NephraTari, are you familiar with any of these birds?

[edit on 11-6-2007 by jbondo]

I am familiar with these birds but to my knowledge non of them transform into a humanoid shape.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join