It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Dimensions or worlds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

Are you familiar with the monkeys and the typewriters theory?
If you are then i think its the same with dimensions.
I do not think travel between dimensions is possible because alternate dimensions are not happening at the same time rather unfolding right now.
We are part of an existing dimension that is currently taking place in our time zone.
Existance is like a tree.
The big bang is what started the trees growth.
And the universe happened again and again.
Each time one thing changed.
And so on and so forth.
Creating a realm of infinite possibilities.
Please respond and i will go on.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
First off I must say that I agree with most of what you have said here, but there is one distinction that I believe needs made here and now. It is Alternate Reality or Parallel Universe not Alternate Dimension.

In our world we live in our reality there are ten dimensions, when you talk about an alternate reality that isn’t the same as talking about going to an alternate dimension. If you were to go to an alternate dimension that would still have you in our reality in our universe as it were.

I believe that the theory that very choice we make dictates what will happen not only in our reality but likewise would form other realities as well. Take for example if you played football.

In this reality you have made the decision to play football over anything else while you in are in high school. Now it is theoretically possible then that in an alternate reality you didn’t decide to play football, instead lets say you decided academics were more important. Right there you have unconsciously created a whole new reality where instead of going on to play say College football you went on to be a doctor or something.

I don’t believe it matters how big the choice is that you made that dictates whether a new reality is formed or not. I believe that with every choice you make a new one is created to play out that choice to the end.

Have you ever experienced a dream that seemed all too real like you were really living it? I am not talking about a sexual fantasy or movie induced nightmare, but a dream that almost mimics your real life. One that you believe couldn’t possibly have been just a normal dream? How about having a dream where you managed to solve an problem you have been stuck on that you believed was nearly impossible to solve?

If you have then I believe that you have experienced a form of Dreamwalking. Now there are no proven studies to back my theory but it makes sense at least to me. I believe the subconscious is able to transcend the reality barrier and allow you to connect with your alternate’s subconscious without him or her even knowing you are along for the ride.

I once had a dream that was so life like in which I watched my wife crash into a coal truck and die. I was standing at the gas station filling up my car when she went by and the accident occurred. The next day I was talking to my wife as we walked to our cars and she told me about the dream she had that night before. She was driving her car and saw me at the same gas station mere moments before crashing into a coal truck. Now I had not told her of my dream yet all the details of her dream matched up from the make and model of the car to the events of the accident.

So you tell me what is the probability that we would have the same dream from two different points of view with the same details?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So, if our alternate existence lives different lives than us through behavioral exclusion, you're saying my alternate existence barely got laid?

Now I'm feeling a little guilty.

Nah.

Screw him.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think it will cause a ripple of time, because our present time and the parallel universe time collides... or not

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i read about alternate dimensions (alternate realities), and i wish i could comprehend it all. i am an individual who apparently "jumps" these realities, if thats really what is happening to me. i thought of maybe, since i do believe that time travel exists, that maybe these changes that occur are due to people changing things in time.
call me crazy, whatever, i don't care. i know what i know. At least once a year, sometimes twice, i wake up and changes have occured. Can be physical (habits, a signature, what a person listens to, a tv show, music),
or material (any object). i'm not going to go into every change that i have expierenced, but things would appear out of no where that were NEVER there before, but to others it was, and physical changes as well, like having your significant others signature being completely different, or listening & programming a radio station that was hardly listened to nor ever programmed. i'm only naming a few, otherwise this would be really long to read.
which brings me to one point that i have to disagree with, as far as the 11 dimesion theory, there are definitely more than 11 dimensions, because i've expiernced these changes more than 11 times, and nothing went back to the way it was. (maybe 11 densities, and that i don't know is the same as dimensions)
i was really freaked out over this in the beginning, until i finally found other people who expierence the same phenomenon. i would just like to really understand it. my brain can not for the life of me comprehend different realities. i wish someone could explain it to me in simple terms. And no, i never met myself. i'm exactly the same, but others around me aren't. weird weird weird. i don't get it! if i am really "jumping", are the other me's jumping too, back to my reality? am i really exisiting on x amount of realities at the same time? is my soul being the same? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS.....can anyone explain this?????

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

I see space and time and it's dimensions as a series of events and material that is in existence at all times. That is every possible outcome is played out in an infinite number of universes or dimensions, and these are all happening at the same time! As humans we categorize these different diminsions through time. That is every second you are essentially entering into a different dimension with a outcome that already exists. If you think about it, if your just sitting still, counting seconds or any interval of time each interval has brought you to a new dimension, new space. Driving down the road at any time you could easily travel to a different diminsion by making the decision to suddely jerk the wheel to the right swerving out of control ending up in a major accident you wouldn't have other wise. All these options or different dimensions exist right now. You can imagine a timeline starting from a theoretical start point, and ending at a theoretical end point, zooming into this line you will see that is a series of infinite lines branching out into the many possible outcomes of everything. Now this line is in existence all the time and it is just a matter of where your conscious lands as to what part of the line you are experiencing. Some believe that the future is what you make it to be and essentially it is, however all the possible choices you could of made exist just as well, you just aren't experiencing it. Since all possible outcomes are in existence, there would have to be a multitude of different universes with different laws of physics. These dimensions that are radically different from ours, seemingly has no way of being accesed by ourselves, so far. As far as shaking hands with yourself from a different dimension, if you somehow found a way to travel physically or mentally, I don't think this would cause anything close to matter colliding with anti-matter. As many have already said on this forum, this "other self" you have traveled to meet, wouldn't really be you, cause you're you. Just like you from five minutes or five nano seconds ago is you either. Your consciousness is seemingly traveling this time line moving from space to space, dimesion to dimension allowing you to control the body your in for that particular moment.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Law of One M-Theory.

also known as "oneism"
(parallel Universes. Dimensions are other planes of existence)

Just Sayin.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join