It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairys and little people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Dock6
I think they must have been some sort of 'work party' and I was the job or 'work' they'd been instructed to carry out.

What do you think their job was? What do you think their work was?
What do you think they were going to do with you? Do you have any
idea why they picked on you? Have you gotten any thoughts on this
after talking to others who have seen these critters???

Flyers, answer to your first four questions would have to be, unfortunately, ' I don't know'.

They didn't seem to have a personal interest in me, which is why I described them as similar to a work-party.

It's not as if they were curious about any particular aspect of me. They didn't touch me to 'test' what I was made of, for example. They weren't enthusiastic about the 'capture'. When I was lying there looking at them, they (apart from the leader, who was closer) stood a bit back, in a group, and stared at me the way country bumpkins would stare at an out-of-towner who'd fallen flat on their back in the mud. That was sort of the look they wore, a sort of cruel yet cautious satisfaction. The women wore nastier expressions than the males. The middle aged males didn't reveal much but there was a younger one who reacted a bit similar to the females. The leader was impassive, but his eyes sort of zoomed-in on mine for a long moment. There was something going on in that moment, but I don't know what it was. He definitely possessed more 'power' than the others.

When I broke out of it, on two occasions, I heard them urging each other to 'hurry'. As I've said before, I don't know if they spoke English, yet I understood them. They were very querulous and all spoke over the top of each other. It's the kind of behaviour you find in those who're overworked and depressed - afraid of what will happen if they fail to get the job done.

I don't know what they were going to do with me. When I was in the dopey stage, I was confident they wouldn't succeed. I broke out of again just in time and began kicking out at them and yelling, before I leapt away from them. At the time, I thought to myself, 'You idiot ! ' for underestimating them. When I was 'back to myself' again, they were no match for me. Even then I wasn't scared. It was only a few minutes later that the fear kicked in, and hard.

As to why they chose me -- I think it must have been 'time and place': opportunity. Only ten years later did I find out that my daughter (and my son too, I'm pretty sure, although he refuses to discuss it) had known about them too, years earlier. We'd never told each other.

It was that house, I think. All sorts of things happened there.

Re: your last question, concerning feedback from others: a couple of years ago, now, I contacted a UFO research organisation to see if they'd received any similar reports, because the experience continued to perplex me and I hadn't managed to find out much at all about 'little people'.

I told the UFO group about my experience. I emailed my account to them. I knew I'd never meet them, so was prepared to accept that they'd probably regard me as ..... you know.

They replied to say they'd never heard of anything similar at all but asked if they could publish my account in their magazine. I said ok, as long as I remained anonymous. There was always the hope someone with a similar experience would read it and may even get in contact. At very least, it might go some way to helping someone who'd had a similar experience.

Then, several weeks later, I received an email from the spokesperson for the UFO group, to say that on the night before the magazine was to be printed, they'd received a phone call from a woman at the other end of the country. She was hysterical, apparently and claimed she and her adult daughter had been seeing 'gnome type little people things' running through the house during the afternoon.

The UFO group were incredulous: all those years of hearing absolutely nothing at about 'little people' (and not ever expecting to) and now two people with the similar stories in such a short span of time. They referred teh woman to a closer UFO research group and then called her back a few days later to gain additional info (which they intended to pass along to me, barring her personal details, of course). But apparently when they called her back, she declined to discuss her experience with them. The UFO people told me this was reasonably common. They said people called them at the time, but later on backed off because they were frightened their details would get into the media and they'd be portrayed as 'crazy', etc. But at least I learned that someone else had had a similar experience, which although bad for them, made me feel a lot better.

Also read numerous posts in different 'paranormal' forums by people who'd seen 'little people'. The posters were of all ages. They didn't make a big deal of their experiences: often they only mentioned their little people encounters within posts about something else or vaguely related.

And was put in contact with a group called ELFEN Project, headed by a man known as Professor Butler. They're on internet. The site is very new age looking and doesn't provide a lot of useful information, imo. But I communicated for a brief time with Butler and he belied the lightweight appearance of the site. To my genuine amazement, he claimed he and his co-researchers were in contact with approx. 60 families (most in the US and Canada) who were 'sharing their homes with' little people. He said he and his team functioned as mediators when invited, between the little people and the real people. Never heard anything like it, but that's his claim. He told me that the little people, unlike ghosts, form attachments to dwellings/places, rather than individuals. So if you move from a little people infested house, there's a very good chance you'll leave them behind, apparently.

Butler said my experience wasn't that unusual amongst many hundreds (could be thousands) of reports on file at ELFEN. Usually, he said, these little people entities reach out and touch hair, or stroke, and sometimes pinch, etc. He said my account (of the attempted 'kidnap') and the semi-consicous condition in which the entities rendered me, falls into a ten percent range at teh top of the 'less than friendly' range, I suppose. I think I made hard copy of his emails, otherwise they're locked inside salvaged hard-discs somewhere. Maybe my extreme fear reactions placed my experience in that ten percent.

Whatever, I was pretty amazed that there was an organisation out there somewhere collating data re: little people. It sounded a bit disconcerting at the same time it was reassuring. My whole reaction to it is confused, to be honest.

Butler said he'd just returned from Patagonia, where he'd been conducting research into the little people, and he told me there were numerous reports on file from people in Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, various Pacific Island, plus of course US, Canada, Europe, British Isles. So whatever it *IS*, it's apparently a worldwide phenomena.

Also learned about Charles Bonnet syndrome, which is said to be responsible for causing some sight-impaired people to see little people. One of the larger hospitals in the UK conducted research and published findings stating unambiguously that such people were NOT mentally confused or suffering Altzheimers or any other form of senility or mental decay. They were fine. They just saw these little people in considerable detail. Many had not told anyone for fear they'd be consigned to nursing homes, asylums, etc. When assured this would not occur, they were quite forthcoming. Most were not alarmed by the small entities they saw.

Whether they all teh same entities, have no idea. Out of room as usual:lol

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Undertrees
Alright, something strange happened last night in my second floor bathroom. It seems like a strange coincidence since I had been posting about little people even though I had been trying some of the techniques on those web sites.

I was applying one of the ways to supposedly see fairies. I had just about given up when I noticed something about the size of a small dragon fly, possibly a bit smaller fly up to my light/fan. When I went to investigate there was nothing there. It was odd to begin with because the "dragon fly" was clear and white. I went to leave the bathroom, (kinda wierded out) and I saw something move very fast near the bath tub area and dissapear. I swear to God I saw this, whether it's a fairy remains to be seen. But I've never seen any insect like that, that moves that fast and is white, see-through. Very strange. It also seemed to be formless at the same time. This was around 3 am when everyone was asleep.

P.S. Bluesoldier, hilarious avatar.

This may indeed be an incredibly bizarre coincidence but I awoke from a dream last night at 3 am. I had been dreaming about a transparent dragon fly...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Reptilianslayer, I am interested that you used the term "blue light" because that was what my sighting was like. they were an eerie iridescent pale blue like that off a neon light tube.

I was also fascinated that Dock6 described his encounter as like a work party because that was my impression too.

I had not heard that New Zealand was anyways special for sightings.

The Celtic race before the Maori which you refer to were not true celtics but had rock and tree art similar to the Celts, with swirls and spirals. Ethnically they looked like Polynesians, but you can tell them apart because their jaws have different features. They were called the Maori-hori. They had very pacifist and spiritual beliefs.

On the mainland they were indeed wiped out by Maoris who were still cannibals up into European times. The last wholesale slaughter and cannibalization of one tribe by another happened near Christchurch about 1846. The Maoris wiped out the Maori-hori on the mainland, but a sub tribe of Maori-hori on the Chatham Island about 500nm east of New Zealand did survive into European times.

A tribe near Wellington called Ngati-Apa (pron NAA-TEE AH-PAA) hijacked a sailing ship and ordered it to take their sub tribe (hapu) out to the chathams about 1840. when they got there they slaughtered the gentle, peaceful maori-hori people, but enslaved their young women and some children.

The last of their full blooded descendent's died only a few years ago.

Undertrees I did not summon them consciously however I was practising meditation and I had many unusual experiences at the same time.

For example some friends were lost in a blizzard for 4 days on Mt Cook in 1980. I was mucking around with tarot at the time and gave a reading which was quite stunning. I prophecised that the woman in the group of three would have some sort of leg injury associated with losing her belongings, but that all three would survive okay.

When they were found it turned out the female climber had to sleep on an ice ledge hi on the summit during the blizzards. She rolled in her sleeping bag and dislodged one of her boots and both her crampons.

She had to wear seven pairs of socks and tie a flat rock under her foot. her companions cut steps with ice axes all the way down from 12,000ft. She had frostbite but after three months in hospital on oxygen she kept her feet.

Anyhow the point is this... You increase the odds with regular meditation.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Omg, FINALLY I found some sites detailing what I saw in MY bathroom. Coincidentally someone saw the same thing on on e of the sites in theirs....do fairies enjoy sewage?

I saw one in my bathroom last night.

This is not a joke, I really saw one.

I first saw it out of the corner of my eye, and when I turned to look at it full on, within one second it was gone. I did however, get a pretty good look at it, before it disappeared. This fairy was entirely white, and had the wings of a butterfly, it was wearing a little white frock, and was rather small. I saw the wings flapping wildly just before it disappeared.

In 1998, I saw a fairy in a bubble, in my computer room, but this one was much more brightly coloured (in shades of blue.)

I have had many strange experiences over my life so far. In some of my photographs (headshots) these little electric blue lights appear next to my face. They have appeared regardless of location, camera, or film.

Cheers,

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hey undertrees, you need to come back and cut'n'paste the URL address of those sites you found here for us to look at.

If it is the website you wish to link use the button which resembles the earth and paste the address into the window which appears.

When you press enter it appears again with "http//" in it. Erase the "http//" thing and past a seconfd time. then when you press enter the second time it will come up in your message text box.

The little blue button with an artist palette will attach photos from a web address as an external image if that's what you want.

I have to laugh about fairies loving sewerage. Maybe they hang around wet areas ?

Based on what happened to me in my bathroom, there may be some truth to the fairies of legend. But Dock6, are you sure it wasn't sleep paralysis you were experiencing?

I was asleep before my sighting too. I am absolutely confident however that I was awake, sensing pain and sound during the sighting.

Put another way maybe humans can't experience this stuff when in a normal state of consciousness, but need to be in a state of mind that is part way between both to perceive the subtle energy ?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Interesting snippit, re: New Zealand 'goblins, fairies': link: Patupaiarehewww.teara.govt.nz...

The creature illustrated on this stamp is one of the patupaiarehe – sometimes translated as ‘fairies’ or ‘goblins’. However, these terms are not accurate as patupaiarehe were generally described as being taller than humans, fair skinned, red- or light-haired and dangerous. These ghostly beings were sometimes heard deep in the bush by diggers of fern root, but were often only visible to powerful tohunga. For humans there were two forms of defence against them – cooked food and kōkōwai (red ochre mixed with shark oil). Patupaiarehe were believed to be living in New Zealand before the first human arrivals, and offerings of fern root or fish were often given to placate them.

Sound a little like the 'tall' fairy race described by some in Ireland.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Much as I respect your opinions, sy.gunson, I stand by my comments re: pre-maori, Celtic inhabitants of New Zealand: a mostly taller than average, white-skinned, European race of highly-developed people *not* of Polynesian origin but of distinctly European origin.

It was accepted as beyond dispute until relatively recently by anthropologists in New Zealand and the wider world, that the maori 'replaced' these Europeans and adopted considerable content from their language (Irish, Nordic and other northern european language traces) and decoration and symbology, etc. which is now being passed off as 'maori'.

Indisputably European skulls and skeletons were, again until relatively recently, on display. Polynesian skulls vary considerably from European skulls. In addition, the European skulls of the early Celtic (pre-maori) people of New Zealand still had attached their red, blonde and silver blonde hair.

Political correctness and the corruption of anthropology (their intent being to discredit and dismiss evidence of European existence when it conflicts with 'indigenous claims') resulted in the 'disappearance' of the clear evidence of highly-developed European races within New Zealand *prior* to the relatively recent entry into New Zealand of the maori (approx. 1300 AD) from museums and other institutions. Further, whenever relics of these European New Zealands and/or their remains are uncovered and discovered now, the corrupt history RE-writers dispense with the 'problem' of having to acknowledge European settlement in NZ by handing the relics and remains over to Maori self-interest groups for disposal and concealment. After which it is denied that such evidence ever existed.

Not bad huh? Identical to a situation where the judge in a murder trial hands over to the accused all the evidence collected against him by teh police and prosecutors. Sure. The Law would be well served by a procedure such as that, just as neither the maori nor the pre-maori Europeans/Celts are NOT being served by the corrupt New Zealand establishment and the maoris whom they patronise as side-effect of the determination to eradicate all inconvenient truths concerning white European accomplishments.

No, the white, red and silver-blonde haired PRE maori settlers were European, not Polynesian, regardless of the latest logic and truth denying 'new' histories being fabricated. Polynesians have never been blonde, silver-blonde or red-haired in any event, unless they inherited their genes from non-polynesians.

www.kilts.co.nz...

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Okay, I'm 98% Irish and very proud of it. My Mom was very Irish and my Dad was all Irish. I grew up to be a proud American with direct relations still in Ireland.
So, all growing up, I heard stories of the wee folk and I tend to believe in them. We had, what we refer to, a leprochaun who liked to hide things in odd places. It wasn't ghosts because we were the original owners of the house, built on former cornfields (no residual energies). Nothing scary, mind you. Just mischeivious stuff. All my life in the house was dotted with strange "mis-placings". A spatula in a sock drawer, jewelry hidden in strange places like coffee mugs or the refrigerator. Just nutty stuff.
Well, when I moved out, the events STOPPED happening in the house and have followed me along my travels.
Just before this last Christmas, my fiancee and I were telling her brother about "O'Really" (Our name for the Leprochaun) and how he has hidden stuff in OUR house now. I think the conversation perked up O'Really's ears because later that week, we collected all of our daughters (Samantha) gifts and put them in one bag. There were two SPECIFIC items that I'll point out. A blister-type pack of 4 hoop earrings and a brand-new, sealed, 1/25 scale, snap-fit model car. We wrapped all the presents to put under the tree and Gigi (my fiancee) noticed she didn't wrap the earrings. I noticed her looking around and moving stuff to look under and asked her what she lost. She said she couldn't find the earrings I had gotten her. We looked all over. I KNOW I put them in the bag to be wrapped because I specifically remember doing it.
No dice. Couldn't find them anywhere. We immediately remembered the conversation a few days earlier about O'Really and concluded the earrings would show up eventually, as per O'Really's M.O. We went and got her a new blister pack of earrings (different brand, 6 pairs in one pack), wrapped them up and put them under the tree.
Christmas morning, we woke up, distributed the gifts and started unwrapping. Samantha unwrapped all of her gifts quickly and went back to actually break the seals and look into the boxes. She was very happy getting the model car, because I am a scale modeler and she wants to try it too. She couldn't get the cellophane off without some help, so I did it quickly and handed it back to her. She slid the top off the box and looked inside. She got a puzzled look on her face, reached into the box and asked me why there was a 4-pack of earrings in the model. Gigi and I looked at each other and busted out laughing. THAT'S where O'Really put 'em!!!!! Inside a factory sealed model box! Well, I've been convinced for many years about O'Really, but, this event cemented belief in Gigi and Sam.

Yes, I believe in Leprochauns. I haven't SEEN him yet, but, I know he's there. I tend to think of him looking like my avatar at left and it is my avatar because it is my Leprochaun. I really do wish he'd stop for a bit of conversation. I haven't seen my cool Irish flask with the good Jameson for a few years and I'd like it back.

That's my $0.02
Cuhail

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.fairygardens.com...

It's a very nice site. Sorry about not linking originally

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Interesting subject. In my research I found this...poor little thing.

I beleive it to be a complete photoshop, but consider the possibilities....

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Some times they change and morph so to speak. So what you experienced in the bathroom could have been something connected to the other world where they live and dwell.
Remember people are intollerant of fat people or unattractive people so that is why they choose to avoid us at all costs.
You just may get what you are asking for but I suggest you head for the out backs on a regular basis. Try hugging the groung like a baby lying on hits mothers chest as a new born.
They resonate with the earth and nature.
They are here coexisting with us right now, I promise.
Do not settle for mindful fancy. Go for the real thing it is out there.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh and take them practical gifts...

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
Interesting subject. In my research I found this...poor little thing.

I beleive it to be a complete photoshop, but consider the possibilities....

It was an April Fool's joke.
Origin
ATS Discussion
External
Snopes

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thanks for providing the linkage Gem, things are not always as they appear.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In the new season of ghost hunters (which is a show on the sci fi channel) they did a show in Ireland, were they investigated fairys. They got some thermal imaging footage of what looked like three small glowing objects following some of their team members. Also one members who was sitting down, said he noticed that he saw small little objects running around him, and what he heard sounded like whispers.

Here's the video, sound may be a little funky.

Just in case the link above doesn't work.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Dock6-Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. The universe, and beings that inhabit it (where ever they come from) is much stranger than most can fathom.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
the "dragon fly" was clear and white

I saw something like this once Undertrees. I was mowing my grandfather's backyard about a year and a half ago, and saw it breifly out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head to look for it and shut off the mower. Didn't see it agin. Told my gandpa about it when I was finished, and all he said was: "Hell, I don't dout that saw what you thought you saw."

Also, does anyone know if they have ever wispered your name in your ear? I was walking in the woods about four years ago along a dry creek bed when I distinctly heard a female voice wisper my name into my right ear. And being the only person in the area at the time, it made me jump.

I never really paid no mind to what I have heard until I read about faeries leading people of their paths and getting them lost.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

What I can say though, is this: the 'little people' I saw were not cute. They didn't have pretty fairy wings. They were not dressed in green and red. They didn't frolic, nor did they do any of the things others have described, going back hundreds of years.

Instead, they were stocky. Not fat, but solid and broad in the chest, shoulders and waist. They were approx. 2 to 21/2 feet tall. They were mostly middle-aged looking, with a few younger ones. They were humorless, joyless. They had coarse, weather-worn skin. Thick skin. They were Caucasian, but their skin had a 'muddly' cast to it. They had very strong bone structure: wide jaws, cheekbones, noses and chin. Their eyes and mouth were long and thin and deep-set. They all wore some form of headdress: the men had caps or hats and the women wore peasant-type scarves tied under their chin. Their clothes were suited to colder climates, appeared home-made, were neat, conservative (modest, showed very little skin) and of colours that would have existed long before today's modern dyeing processes. The colours were all 'muddy' or muted greens, tans, rusts, beiges -- seemed to be 'natural' dyes.

I did try and quote this but it was way to big. I too have seen very similar beings - though i was quite young. I was around 9 years old and my best friend at the time family owned a commercial fishing boat. Anyway we had been out on the ocean for a few days and her dad decided that we need some land time - if anyone knows about finding your sea legs, it feels even weirder trying to get back your land legs. We stopped at some islands that you're not allowed to land on (yes was not very environmentally friendly to do) and us kids hoped in the run about and headed off to shore. Her brother was 4 years older than us so we were consider to be in fine hands. Anyway we landed and decided to play hide and seek. I felt very safe in this place - kind of dreamy so i wandered off into the forest.

Anyway i must have walked further than i realised cause i found myself on top of a cliff edge with this great expanse of ocean before me and these great big trees standing there as if to attention. In the background i heard my friends calling me but i felt so calm that i ignored them. But before me was exactly as above. A little stocky man, old and weathered with a cap on his head and clothing a stated above. muted browns and greens . I remember he talked to me but without seeming to move his lips. he was very concerned about how we were treating the trees and the environment - sounds very cliche but this is how it was. I remember others around but i could never clearly see them - he was my main focus. And he made me promise that i would do something to help. (what i haven't quite worked out yet)

Anyway I sort of shook myself out of it and waved goodbye and wandered down to find my friend and her brother who had been searching for me for at least half an hour. From that time on you would always see me hugging trees or chatting away to them (i still do occasionally) Funny thing is i never told anyone about it and when i was 18 i went to a clairvoyant with my mum and she detailed that exact scene but she called him a Deva. He wasn't threatening or scary, I just wish I could find out what i needed to do ... I mean a promise is a promise no matter what age.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
that stinks that testreat beat me to posting the TAPS link.

I watched that show and it was the one that bothered me the most. This form appears out of nowhere and began walking and then there is another and then another. If memory serves me right it seems as though they realize that they are being filmed/watched and turn toward Jay and Grant and then just disappear. They dont make much of it when they are showing the evidence at the end. I just wonder how close they came to having something bad happen to them.

I get the feeling that whatever these things are...they are old and malevolent. Just my opinion...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Someone mentioned FairyTale: A True Story. It is more interesting to read the original story that the movie was based on. There are different conclusions an individual can come to when reviewing all the facts.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join