It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairys and little people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't believe in fairys or little people (like leprecauns, not midgets). When I was younger I remember seeing this movie about I think it was Ireland(?) where these kids claimed to see fairys but in the end it was a hoax I think, and it was based off of real events. Does anyone know what this movie was called or what I'm talking about? And does anyone believe fairys or anything like that exist? I think they're just the stuff of myth. But it seems even myth gets its roots in truth. Are there any accounts?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have experienced something similar to what you are asking about. You can find the story here
theeyesbehind.com...

(scroll up to post #7) Its kind of long, but might open your awareness to a different possibilty)

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
i dont believe in them either but mayb in another universe

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
i dont believe in them either but mayb in another universe

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You're probably thinking of this film:

Fairy Tale: A True Story

It's based on the infamous Cottingley Fairies hoax. Of course, in the film the fairies ARE real. Kinda wierd how a film promotes itself as based on a true story while it lies about the basic fact of said story that the two girls lied through thier teeth about the fairies.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sorry, Undertrees ... am unable to assist, re: the movie you mentioned.

Fairies aren't the most widely discussed supernatural topic, but surprisingly, there are a number of threads about them on ATS.

Usually, when I see the topic arise, I post my experience with the 'little people'

(1) in support of the few others who have also had the experience
(2) in the hope of lending credibility to the phenomenon
and
(3) as a way of coming to terms with the experience.

It's a weird experience, believe me. Prior to that, my 'odd' experiences had all been fairly normal: ghosts, precognition, glimpses of the past and future, 'knowing' when something was about to occur and when people I hadn't seen for years were about to get in touch. Lots of stuff.

Despite having several 'unusual' experiences, I don't think I would ever have taken 'little people' seriously, if I hadn't seen them myself. For that matter, I didn't place much faith in people's accounts of ghosts and other paranormal phenomena either, until I experienced them for myself. The ghosts I saw weren't the same as those in movies. There were no white misty shapes or 'woo woo' noises. Instead, they looked perfectly normal. And if it hadn't been absolutely impossible for the ghosts I saw to BE real people, it probably would never have occurred to me that I'd seen a ghost.

I've wracked my brain for years, trying to come up with an explanation for the little-people I saw. But there isn't an explanation --- other than they were there and I saw them.

I've written about the experience in a number of threads, but can't provide you a link, sorry: basically because I wouldn't have a clue how to find those posts and at the moment am too lazy to try.

What I can say though, is this: the 'little people' I saw were not cute. They didn't have pretty fairy wings. They were not dressed in green and red. They didn't frolic, nor did they do any of the things others have described, going back hundreds of years.

Instead, they were stocky. Not fat, but solid and broad in the chest, shoulders and waist. They were approx. 2 to 21/2 feet tall. They were mostly middle-aged looking, with a few younger ones. They were humorless, joyless. They had coarse, weather-worn skin. Thick skin. They were Caucasian, but their skin had a 'muddly' cast to it. They had very strong bone structure: wide jaws, cheekbones, noses and chin. Their eyes and mouth were long and thin and deep-set. They all wore some form of headdress: the men had caps or hats and the women wore peasant-type scarves tied under their chin. Their clothes were suited to colder climates, appeared home-made, were neat, conservative (modest, showed very little skin) and of colours that would have existed long before today's modern dyeing processes. The colours were all 'muddy' or muted greens, tans, rusts, beiges -- seemed to be 'natural' dyes.

They were neither friendly nor overtly threatening. At the time of the experience, I was 'under their power', and they seemed to enjoy that -- as much as they're capable of enjoying anything. I got the impression they don't enjoy much.

One of them was a bit larger than the rest and I'm pretty sure he was the 'leader'. I think they must have been some sort of 'work party' and I was the job or 'work' they'd been instructed to carry out. None of them, apart from the leader, appeared to have much personal confidence. I'm sure they were/are perfectly capable and practical, but apart from the leader, they didn't seem overly intelligent. They appeared, really, like small peasants, or at least the way peasants are portrayed in movies and books. The females seemed nastier than the males. They 'gawped' at me like rural hicks, sort of snickering at my predicament.

They definitely possessed the power to 'knock me out', physically and mentally, for various lengths of time.

While I was in their presence, I was immobilized and rendered unconscious, for the most part. I did regain partial consciousness on a couple of occasions but when they noticed I was noticing them, they must have zapped me again.

Nevertheless, I was finally able to regain consciousness and physical mobility. I kicked them away and yelled at them, at which point they retreated, mumbling resentfully. The only explanation I can think of is that they are only given a certain amount of time, or 'powers' via which to accomplish their aim. Their goal, apparently, was to kidnap me. Of course, their aim may have been something entirely different and they may have achieved it, unknown to me. If so, it hasn't revealed itself, as I'm the same now as before the experience.

At the time, I wasn't frightened of them. However, they'd rendered me physically paralysed and basically numb emotionally and mentally, which prevented me from being frightened and from thinking. I just 'saw' -- and heard them.

After I'd chased them away however, I became unhinged, basically. Absolutely terrified. Not of anything in particular. Just an escalating terror. Looking back, it might have been because my mind was 'catching up' and experiencing the terror I'd been unable to feel while the 'little people' had me paralysed and emotionally numb. I phoned someone to come and get me. I just wanted to get away from that house.

Ok, if I read the above account, I'd suggest the person had dreamed the experience, or was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Or that they'd been reading about, or talking about or watching a show about 'little people' shortly before. Or that they'd imagined it -- or had 'made it up', etc.

But no. I'd been away from the house for over a week and had just returned home, maybe ten or fifteen minutes prior to the experience. I'd had loads of sleep on the return journey, don't drink or use drugs. The trip had been ordinary as had the return journey. Nothing unusual was happening in my life, no dramas or stress.

A friend dropped me off at the house, turned on most of the internal lights and checked the rooms to make sure everything was ok. As soon as they left, I turned on the tv, made a cup of tea, smoked a cigarette. Started unpacking, carried an armload of clothes to the bedroom, opened the wardrobe, hung up the clothes and then --- zap. Reeled backwards to the bed, completely overcome with the most powerful blast of 'exhaustion' it's possible to experience, despite having just had hours of sleep. Next I knew, the 'little people' were there. Never had an experience like it before or since. Never seen 'little people' before or since. Prior to that experience, I'd never given two minutes thought to 'little people'.

Since that experience, I've tried to find out about them and have learned that other very ordinary people have also encountered them, out of the blue. In at least one instance, a woman had them in her home and was described as 'hysterical and terror ridden' by those whom she phoned for assistance. Afterwards, she refused to discuss her experience, apparently, probably scared she would be considered mentally unstable.

I consider myself to be as stable as the next person. I've seen and survived a lot of 'real life' events that would have sent many people around the bend. People turn to me in a crisis. I don't see things that aren't there. They were there. Entire experience was only of 10 to 20 minutes duration, approx. Whether or not the 'little people' had actual physical bodies, or were 'other dimensional' with the power to impose their presence on my mind, I'm unable to say. It's possible they caused me to 'see' them as little people ... they may be able to 'appear' in a variety of forms, depending on the circumstances. I don't know. The house in question was a magnet for the paranormal.

Finally, I don't like them. I don't believe they are 'good'. If they were, they would have handled it differently and I would not have been terrified, later

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Whoa, very very intriguing.... Have you ever considered setting up video cameras or time lapse cameras in that house?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The fairies of legends have a lot in common with the UFO occupants. If you read any Jacques Vallee books you'll see the similarities. I remember a friend of mine telling me she was in a car full of folk a lot of years ago. They stopped the car somewhere in the countryside to let one of the guys out for a pee. He was halfway through it when he saw a little bald person running very fast across the field in front of him then turn and run directly towards him. He screamed and ran peeing all the way back to the car. I'm into UFO stuff so my first thought was "grey alien" though I have another friend who thinks it was one of the little people, i.e. a fairy.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undertrees
When I was younger I remember seeing this movie about I think it was Ireland(?) where these kids claimed to see fairys but in the end it was a hoax I think, and it was based off of real events. Does anyone know what this movie was called or what I'm talking about? And does anyone believe fairys or anything like that exist? I think they're just the stuff of myth. But it seems even myth gets its roots in truth. Are there any accounts?

I dont know anything about the movie but here is some information on the Irish Faery myth.

According to Irish Mythology it was a race of people called the Tuatha-De-Danann who, when defeated in battle by the Milesians, were forced underground and became the Faery's of legend.

Though the story of the Tuatha-De-Danann is myth, i do believe that there is some truth to the legend. (not the magical powers)

timelessmyths

In the Ulster Cycle, the Tuatha Dé Danann was still seen as Celtic deities. However, in the Fenian Cycle, the Dananns had degenerated into nothing more then fey people; in another words, the Dananns became the "Fairy People". The Tuatha Dé Danann became frequently associated with fairies.

(It should be noted that the fairies in Celtic myths (especially Irish, Welsh and Arthurian myths) had nothing to do with tiny pixie with wings that are found in folklore and children fairy tales, like Tinklebell in Peter Pan or the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella. The fairies found here were human with supernatural power. Modern interpretations of fairies tend to prettify them, particularly during the Victorian period (19th century) in Britain.

In early Irish and Welsh literature, they could be tall or short, beautiful or ugly. They can be benevolent beings, but at other times they can be frighteningly cruel or malign. Morrigan and Morgan le Fay would not be considered fairies in the modern sense.)

Some more information on the Tuatha-De-Danann at these sites.

The Tuatha De Danann

Thinkquest

Hope you find this useful.

mojo.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I commend Dock6 for his/her bravery in admitting to seeing them.

It is an admission which immediately causes one to become subject to scorn.

Like undertrees, there was a time when I was quite hostile to tales of fairies and little people. In 1981, I went on a mountaineering expedition in the new zealand alps. Immediately prior to this, I still recall denouncing the idea of fairies to my friends.

We camped in a huge cave looking down onto a gacial stream beneath a coluior from Malte Brun. I woke up in the night about 1:25am. I had a weird dream that I was a bubble of air rising to the sea's surface. When the bubble broke surface, I awoke with a feeling that I had to sit up.

I sat up propping myself on my left elbow. I saw three little figures which glowed iridescent white (like neon lights). I could clearly scale them against the boulders beside the stream. They were about two and a half feet tall. They were male and I could see the ouline of clothes which looked medievil. Their style of dress was exactly like that which is seen on Garden gnomes.

I thought this can't be real. I must still be asleep and dreaming. I switched my attention to clues around me to learn if i was awake or asleep. I could hear the roar of the stream a short distance away. Little granules of gravel dug into my elbow and were hurting me. I looked around at my alarm clock with it's luminous hands and concluded that I was indeed awake.

I looked back at these three figures as they moved from left to right. I felt very afraid. My heart was pounding and I could feel the throb of my own pulse. I was scared they might hear me (although they wouldn't over the roar of the stream) so I became too frightened to even breathe. My chest constricted and my breathing became very shallow.

After they disappeared from view I stayed awake and bolt upright for some time until finally I nodded off again. It wasn't a pleasant expaerience. I was quite frightened.

Afterwards it occurred to me that bees can see in ultra violet which humans can't. Snakes can see in infra red which humans can't. Dog's can hear sounds which we can't.

I figured that what if there were parallel dimensions which we normally can't perceive, but at rare moments we can tune in, much like changing frequency on a radio receiver ?

That, I think, is your answer Dock6. Thank you for sharing your experience. You were very brave doing so.

I am an intensely logical person, so I don't like to subscribe to little people, but I have seen them just once.

I researched after my experience and found out that fairies and little people feature in the mythologies of many cultures around the world.

Tibetans called them Dakini. The Maori of New Zealand believe in fairies too. It was not just the Irish. My research was not exhaustive but I became comfortable with the idea that there must be something to this if cultures with no contact through history held similar views.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
I think they must have been some sort of 'work party' and I was the job or 'work' they'd been instructed to carry out.

What do you think their job was? What do you think their work was?
What do you think they were going to do with you? Do you have any
idea why they picked on you? Have you gotten any thoughts on this
after talking to others who have seen these critters???

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The correlation between the different cultures in regards to little people IS interesting. I find the stories here quite interesting. As far as crypto creatures that could exist, these are at the bottom. Perhaps because of the fairytale genre and what it means in modern society.

Something strange though. Perhaps I have seen a few fairies myself? According to alot of sites I got information from (been researching on and off for the past 24 hours or so) fairies can appear as small balls of light which I have seen. If they are to exist I would imagine them to be ethereal in nature since there is a correlation between fairys and fairy lights as well as the lack of fairy carcasses. Also the could be fairys I've seen appear as ethereal lights. I know there is a conscious force behind the lights I have seen but whether they are fairies, spirits, or some type of hallucination remains to be seen. I do live an arburitum. Here's an interesting site which coincides with my experiences. www.innerself.com...

P.S. Ah, yes! That was the movie!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I too have seen a 'little man'. My story and an incredibly detailed account of Dock6's story can be found on this thread -

Little man...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The legends of fairies are particularly long-lasting. Even in this 21st century there are one or two small fields near where I live that have 'fairy-forts' in them. A fairy-fort is a small group of trees in the middle of a field where fairies are supposed to live, and if they're disturbed or removed then something nasty will befall the transgressor.

I've grown up with the legend, but anything I see about them on the net is about old houses being called fairy-forts. That's not what is known as fairy-forts round here. Just shows you that legends can change according to geography.

[edit on 29/5/07 by jimboman]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Alright, something strange happened last night in my second floor bathroom. It seems like a strange coincidence since I had been posting about little people even though I had been trying some of the techniques on those web sites.

I was applying one of the ways to supposedly see fairies. I had just about given up when I noticed something about the size of a small dragon fly, possibly a bit smaller fly up to my light/fan. When I went to investigate there was nothing there. It was odd to begin with because the "dragon fly" was clear and white. I went to leave the bathroom, (kinda wierded out) and I saw something move very fast near the bath tub area and dissapear. I swear to God I saw this, whether it's a fairy remains to be seen. But I've never seen any insect like that, that moves that fast and is white, see-through. Very strange. It also seemed to be formless at the same time. This was around 3 am when everyone was asleep.

P.S. Bluesoldier, hilarious avatar.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
TheBox : Thank you for providing links for the interested, to earlier threads re: little people

Sy.Gunson: Thank you for your kindness and moral support

Thanks, too, for volunteering your own experience. Fascinating account. And it's great when others come forward about this odd phenomena, because as you have said, revealing experience of something that sounds to most to be beyond consideration, is not for the faint hearted. It can ruin your credibility for good and awareness of that pursues you the entire time you're typing --- and particularly as your finger hovers over the 'Post Reply' box !

However, as you've clearly also decided, it's worth the risk if it provides reassurance and support to those who may read this thread in silence without ever registering or posting on ATS. At least, after reading others' accounts of experience of the 'little people', the possibly-silent readers of these threads become at least aware that they are not 'alone', nor did they necessarily 'imagine' their experience and most importantly ... 'seeing little people' does not mean they have 'gone crazy': it just means they've had a rare experience.

I've been advised that New Zealand features quite strongly as far as reports of the 'little people'/gnome-type entities are concerned. My own experience took place in nearby Australia. Hawaii also produces a number of little-people reports, as do several Pacific islands.

As you may be aware, Sy.Gunson, prior to Maori habitation within New Zealand, it was inhabited by a people described as Celts. The facial tattoos and carvings adopted by the Maori were actually Celtic symbols and decorative styles, initially. Numerous spiral carved (see Irish and British carved stones etc.) stones have been located in New Zealand, although there's a strong push to declare them 'Maori' these days.

The Maoris killed (and often ate) the existing Celtic populations of New Zealand, although many of the Celts have been discovered in caves by authorities (where they hid to escape the Maori) and are STILL being found. In recent years, there has been a determined cover-up of the original inhabitants. Whereas once the New Zealand Celts were displayed in museums in Auckland and elsehere, these days the exhibits have been consigned to basements and are no longer acessible to the public or even researchers and historians.

The early Celtic inhabitants were tall (as evidenced by very well-preserved remains and skeletons once displayed in museums) and had long red, blonde or 'light' hair. The females and males were commonly close to or taller than six feet. Their skeletons revealed they had no common ancestry with the later Maoris. They left numerous stone cairns all over North and South Island, which have been discovered to be sophisticated surveyance/measuring instruments via which these early Celtic people estimated height above sea level, distance, stellar observation, etc.

Whether or not the 'little people' (which have a long history in Northern European countries) are a remnant of or are connected with the early Celtic inhabitants of New Zealand, is impossible to know -- although it's tempting to make such a connection. And Australia, as you know, has a strong connection with Ireland (where 'little people' belief has a long history which was later transported to Scotland) via this country's early Irish convict population.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
hey all. little people are in beliefs on native americans . still today if you belong to that ceremony they have what is called a dark dance for the little people where they play songs they like on rattles an drums offer them food . if you are in that ceremony an dont do it yearly they will come move things on your house on you take things couple cases of people brusied an biten another thing in are beliefs if you whistle at night they will get ya . thas how they communicate whistle,body movent grunts some people described em as being little blue lights anyways thought id share that

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Interesting responses. Has anyone brought them about with the intention to do so?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hi Reptilianslayer. One of the surprising things I learned as I was researching 'little people' legends and accounts was --- as you say --- that they have long been known to the Native Americans.

Apparently, certain tribes have always warned their children against communicating with these 'little people' entities. The children are warned not to speak with them, no matter what.

Also, these tribes (and maybe others as well) have a tradition of leaving offerings for the little-people. From memory, I think they leave offerings of food tied to sticks on the boundaries (maybe other places as well) of their crops. Failure to do so would apparently cause the little people to destroy the crops, plus other retaliations which I've forgotten for the moment.

It sounds quaint, but from what I read, the tribespeople are in deadly earnest. It's not an empty ritual as far as they're concerned, but a reality.

Makes you wonder why the children would be warned not to communicate with the creatures, even if the latter initiate contact, doesn't it?

Native Americans like Irish, Scots and other European peasants, are practical folk who depend for their survival on their crops. This was much more the case as recently as a hundred years ago or even less.

Farming is hard toil: up at dawn and work until sunset, day in, day out. Nothing glamorous about it. No certainties other than (especially in earlier eras) if the crops and livestock fail for whatever reason to repay for all the hard work, then the family will go hungry.

Tens of thousands of the Irish starved or near starved due to the potato famine. The Scots faced similar hardships. If the 'little people' were merely a folk tradition, it would be reasonable to expect the Irish and Scots would have blamed their dreadful hardships, at least in part, on the 'little people' which featured so prominently in their everyday lives. Yet I haven't come across anything that suggests this was the case. Nor have I read or heard of any instances where the Irish or Scots 'prayed' to the little people either to guarantee good harvest or to save the population from starvation and hardship.

All the literature I've read makes clear that the Irish and Scots (like Native Americans) were definitely wary of the 'little people' and regarded them as genuinely 'real', although their explanation of just 'what' they were/are varies. Some believed (and may still do so) that the little people were spirits of the dead. Others speculated they may be descendants of an ancient race. Some described the little people as being very small, whilst others described them as being 'child sized'. Some claim to have communicated with and been spared by, adult-sized or taller 'little people'.

Apparently they've long been reputed to steal children and babies and there are several accounts which claim adults were 'taken'. Sometimes the adults were returned and the effects of their kidnap also vary, with some returned-adults suffering no worse effects than loss of memory of their experience --- whilst others were said to be mentally afflicted ever after.

I've certainly wondered if the 'little people' were a variation of the grey and other 'aliens'. They bear certain things in common, particularly the 'abduction' element. I've been assured by those who claim to study little-people that they are separate, but there's no way to know.

They seemed very real to me at the time. I was able to observe them at close quarters and also heard them and had a very close-up view (almost face touching face) of the 'leader'. I didn't see them arrive, but I did see them depart.

Naturally I also wondered if the little-people HAD been the famed 'aliens' but had chosen to appear as little people. Conversely, I wondered if my own mind had 'interpreted' whatever they *really* were as 'little people', so as to make them less frightening to me.

I really have no idea what they were. All I know is, they looked to me like flesh and blood small people dressed in old-fashioned garments (as described in previous posts) who were intent on 'taking' me. I even saw their individual wrinkles and other minute details.

None of it makes sense of course, because if they *had* wished to take me, they certainly could have done, considering they were able to 'knock me out' and manipulate my body. So why the charade? If it was a paranormal event, what was the purpose? It left me no wiser than before.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Based on what happened to me in my bathroom, there may be some truth to the fairies of legend. But Dock6, are you sure it wasn't sleep paralysis you were experiencing?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join