It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Helped The U.S. Army Plan The 9/11 Attacks" (HOAX?)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I understand that if is a forgery . . . no only the ID will be confiscated but also the person with posession of the forgery will be arrested.

Is no way that right after the 9/11 attacks somebody making fake IDs or having one in his posession would have been allowed to just walk away . . .

Unless the whole story about the ID is nothing more than a lie. . .it was never a DOD ID it was never any confiscation of his property, never an arrest and that will render the whole story as nothing more than fiction.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but this letter...

www.codenamegrillfire.com...

...is blatantly not from anybody from the DOD, or any other government branch. It sounds like it was written by somebody who's watched too many episodes of Mission Impossible.

I'm giving this guy 9/10 for effort. 1/10 for the sloppy execution

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Isn't the new 'Poster of the Month' based upon flags?

'Timmy' got 71 flags for this thread.

Someone please tell me that Timothy isn't going to be the May 'Poster of the Month' at ATS.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Flyers just like the way that the men of the year is chosen this thread do have some merits . . . but only because of the people of ATS effors in unveiling a hoax.

After all he did E-Mail Skeptic with an explanation. . .

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
It becomes sadly clearer day by day that our governments being hijacked by increasingly ruthless people masquarading as our elected officials.The problem is where are the honest ones to replace the bad apples?

Dead or in jail! LOL!

[edit on 23-5-2007 by skynet51]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I understand that if is a forgery . . . no only the ID will be confiscated but also the person with posession of the forgery will be arrested.

I agree, isnt it against the law to impersonate a goverment official.
Do you think it will even be investigated?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I'm sorry, but this letter...

www.codenamegrillfire.com...

...is blatantly not from anybody from the DOD, or any other government branch. It sounds like it was written by somebody who's watched too many episodes of Mission Impossible.

I love how my father, a retiree, has to go to the Pass and ID office to get a new id card, but this guy claims they send this ultra top secret id card to him in the mail.
Classic! Between this and the "I had a massive heart attack and laid in a coma in my apartment for two weeks" this just gets better and better.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If there's a problem with his ID badge, I'm not seeing it...?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Well... he's got Alex Jones and Greg Szymanski fooled:
www.prisonplanet.com...

But not the members of ATS.

Where on earth did you guys find the link to that ID badge? I never saw that, and neither did the others reviewing this story prior to release.

Szymanski's comments on McNiven (sorry if already posted):

If completely confirmed 100% then this is THE smoking gun, over and above Northwoods, the NORAD stand down, the explosives in the buildings, any other piece of 9/11 evidence. It's going to be interesting to see how they pass this one off as a 'coincidence' - we need to get this on newswires immediately. This is the straw that could break the camel's back.

Those guys could be fooled by a paper bag. They were born (or hired) to be "fooled." Thanks folks, and great work. I'd heard this story around and while it seemed possible, it also felt too good to be true and besides, I believe a minor majority of the info out there is of the mis or dis variety. Great job all on digging into this and tearing it down as an exposed hoax.

BUT: Not to belittle anyone's efforts (hey I'd not know how to get a barcode read and just take it), but that he put 123ABC instead of a real-looking number we'd have to actually check up on (and likely hit a brick wall). He used as his ID photo about the only publiby available picture of himself (as if he doesn't have any others we couldn't compare), the obvious sillines in his afidavit. Basically, he doesn't seem to be trying too hard.

Just something to think about, not all frauds are so obvious. Which makes them more treacherous.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Caustic Logic]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My wife's military id card has a fingerprint and a watermark at least (not to mention holograms and the like). Hell, my greencard I recieved in Blaine, WA in 1985 (one hour north of him) looked more official then that card. His has nothing.

His story that he took the id photo at a passport photo place is a proven lie by the members here. A passport photo also has certain requirements with regard to background and light/shadow on the face. He obviously doesn't know that.

The fact that he also states he had his fingerprints done and then later just mailed them to the government from his home is just silly.

I believe they took his bubble-gum ID card and since it was so goofy, they didn't bother arresting him.

Next time I go visit my dad or sisters, I'll be glad to pit-stop in Bellingham and tell him to his face.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Another hoaxer? Is people that bored? I mean get real. I have no military clearance or background. Seeing the card's picture I thought was odd. But now seeing the ripped piece of paper and LT. Snow. Hmm good one.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
CONFIRMED HOAX

My Military sources tell me that the Army nor the FBI operate in this manner. The source is either lying, which I doubt, or uninformed at their level if otherwise is proven.

In any case our shared theory is that the author is trying generate more hits for ATS's advertisers.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
My wife's military id card has a fingerprint and a watermark at least (not to mention holograms and the like).

Bingo!!!!!!! everytime my husband job changes he has to get a new DOD card issue, last year he got his changed three times, that is because the new chip in the cards reads what he is allowed to get acess what is not, I think is a waste of tax payer money.

But his military ID card from retirement stays the same.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
... this just gets better and better.

If you're going to lie, might as well make it a big one. Right?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheExaminer
In any case our shared theory is that the author is trying generate more hits for ATS's advertisers.

The author is not related to ATS at all. It's simply a story that was sent in and was made public for the members.

That pretty much makes "our shared theory" worthless, unless you think all discussion boards should ask someone's permission before attempting any discussions.

Of course an organized attack on ATS credibility is the standard fare for simply displaying a story.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
His response is lengthy, and I'm reluctant to provide any more platform for a hoaxer, but I think it's important for our members to see his full response.

No way, keep in contact with him. let this guy bury himself with his own words and actions.

Zerotime -
If you don't think he has sufficiently "buried" himself with the combination of his OP, his website/phony ID and reply to Skeptics email, I can't imagine what else you need to do the job. THis man is not just a hoaxer, he is mentally ill and needs serious psychiactric help. I feel pity for someone who is so obviously paranoid and delusional.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
can we just say "OWNED."
by ATS?

and whats up with the alex jones and other person?

"this could be the straw that breaks the camels back"

^ saying that one too many times.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Netami]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You know what would be the biggest kick in the balls of all?

If the OP was actual a disinfo agent, put some truths in his story, and made a bunch of false stuff up so that people will think the entire story is false, making it harder to prove truthful in the future.

That would so suck.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SketicOverload

My reply...

[ex]
Hi Tim...

Our members (and I) are certain that the ID badge is fabricated, which places the credibility of your entire story on exceptionally shaky ground.
[/exc]

His reply seemed rather dull and appreciate your posting his and then your reply to fill us in. Had it been me I would have said some along the lines of our members are very concerned that the photo on the ID does not have a clar back drop as normal government ID's and then sit back and watch him try in wiggle his way out of that

Also I just remembreed he alleges it was a photo copy of the ID given him by Rumsfield. Hello every photo copy I Have seen is Black and white not Blue and white uness it was a blueprint that is.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Darn another good catch by a member of ATS. Not only what you say but I note the lack of the official seal of the DOD again and yes the wording of he letter is extremely mission impossible style. I also believe it is standard policy only to issue ID cards to the actual individual which is done by base security (in person) or whatever department that makes them up and never mailed in an unmarked brown envelope no less that alone was priceless

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join