It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sphinx: Chamber Between the Paws

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
sure enough to put money on it ?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
And if not, should there not be other structures in the same area? Perhaps, then, Atlantis should be quite close to Egypt – or why, if they did, would they build something so far from “home”??!!

I believe they would have plenty of reason to build it far from home, no matter the inconvenience.
a) Unless someone can correct me on this, it has been calculated that the exact centre of all the world's geographic land mass (as seen on a standard world map) is pinpointed precisely by the pyramids.
b) It has been noted that if an ancient lost civilisation like atlantis did attempt to leave hidden clues and information for future truth-seekers, it would appear they were keen to disseminate the number 72 (and it's close derivatives, such as 72 / 2 = 36, 72 + (72 / 2) = 108, and 108 / 2 = 54) for it is key to our astrological understanding. I believe Graham Hancock (who I'm sure you're all familiar with), calculated that the distances between the great Pyramids, the temples at Angkor, and Easter Island are all represented by 72, 54, or 108 (for example, monument x is 54 degrees east of monument y - forgive my vagueness, I can't remember the exact relationships). In short, there is an argument that all of the great ancient monuments are all part of one grand design and their exact positioning was crucial to their meaning.
c) Then there is the slightly more "wacky" theory about a tunnel leading to the inner realm of our hollow planet, where the ancestors of the atlanteans now reside, being located beneath the pyramids.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
sorry cythrul
all three of your points are pseudoscience or sci fi
they have no basis in reality at all
the pyramids are not the geographic centre of the worlds landmasses (piazzi smyth)
72 is not very important in ancient myth (numerology)
there is no tunnel leading to the centre of the earth (jules verne)

I will say that they are three beliefs that seem to be prevalent when people begin to study this subject
keep going and see how long it takes you to overturn these beliefs yourself

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
sorry cythrul
all three of your points are pseudoscience or sci fi
they have no basis in reality at all
the pyramids are not the geographic centre of the worlds landmasses (piazzi smyth)

I will say that they are three beliefs that seem to be prevalent when people begin to study this subject
keep going and see how long it takes you to overturn these beliefs yourself

- What is geographical center and where is it?
- What is ancient numerology? And what is the number?
- Were you there to check out everything to make sure there was no such tunnel there?

[edit on 15-6-2007 by CinLung-Part-1]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

That's right Byrd, because civilizations NEVER copy or get ideas from each other.

And it's false of you to assert that Atlantis did not exist. There are references to a destroyed continent and it's refugees in many cultures.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

Actually 72 is one of the most important numerological principles in all of the oldest and most important traditions of humankind's past. Essene Kabballah, Taoist I Ching, and Indian and Tibetan Yoga.

The numerology of the Great Pyramid also proves the Egyptians at one time had comparable spiritual traditions yet archaeologists don't have a clue about the egyptian tradition that was related to the other great traditions of our past.

So not only is 72 important in ancient traditions, but it is important in the ancient traditions that have been proven to be real and true, and based on actual universal principles, not just myths.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

Howdy Hollywood

The numerology of the Great Pyramid also proves the Egyptians at one time had comparable spiritual traditions yet archaeologists don't have a clue about the egyptian tradition that was related to the other great traditions of our past.

I'd disagree with your claim that archaeologists are unaware of this. You may wish to post this claim at:

Alternative Geometry and Numerology - Alternative mathematics discussion at Hall of Ma'at

Hall of Ma'at discussion area

for numerlogy and geometry

They may not agree with you!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
to all those who talked of Edgar Cayces giving a "date" for when the "Hall of Records" (which is NOT the "Akashic Records") would be be found in Egypt near the sphinx you are all incorrect. He never gave a date as to when it would be uncoverd, rather, he said (and it wasn't his own words) that the location will be revealed to the initiates in the knowledge of the One God, and connot be accessed until attunement (or sufficient soul developement) of the that group has taken place. There are some more devlopements on earth that are supposed to give indications as to when this "date" will be with the last being "the return of the Great Initiate" i.e. Adam, Amelius ... Jesus Christ. As for other dates and predictions that Edgar Cayces "source" was quoted in this post as being wrong, you have all clearly not read or understood his message. I advise you to actually read what he has to say about this subject and our past, present and future, it is spelled out in plain english so I am confused as to how the rest of you twisted what was relayed through Mr. Cayce. I apologize if this post sounds belittleing that was not my intent for sure, its just that I HAVE read much about out the "sleeping prophet" and make no claims to be smarter or wiser than any of you.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
In additon, the "Hall of Records" Edgar Cayce said would be discovered in egypt wasn't under the sphinxs paws, it was actually between the sphinx and "the river" (nile) and wasn't just a chamber underground but a "mini pyramid" underground. Also there are two other locations where identical "Hall of Records" are to be found. One of them is in the Yucatan and the other is in the Gobi Desert. The reason the Atlanteans stored these records in Egypt, Yucatan and The Gobi is because of the mass migration of the Atlanteans from their doomed continent. Actually, other "Halls of Records" were built in other places but those locations were destroyed as a result of earths natural destructive forces leaving only those three locations intact.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ok...lemme see if i can do this without screwing it up. I have a bit of information that pertains to edgar cayce, and the sphinx, and the "spaceship"/library....here goes... ill try and make this as accurate to the book as possible without copyright infringement...

Cayce was a prophet that accessed the "Akashic Bible" in his trances. a sort of living spiritual history and future of the universe. most of his readings were sort of cryptic and hard to understand unless you were the person he was reading.

one of his readings named a John/Jon Peniel as a writer who would show us a new way of living. Around the 80's Jon released his book. The book not only explained in more detail some of Cayce's information, but talked about things Cayce didnt say. A more in depth look into the akashic bible so to speak. According to Jon, the Great pyramid was not only a burial/initiation chamber, but was also used as a power source to power the various things in the area. (also known in the bible as the Ark of the Covenant"). The top of the pyramid was actually fitted with a very large capacitor. The top had a layered capstone made of copper and custom made quartz crystals from atlantis. It would collect biofield energy and focus it in the "Ark". It would then release specific frequency bursts transmuted through the crystals. The buildings and vehicles had similar crystals tuned to the capstone, which changed the energy back to useable power. (research piezo electric technology)...

when moses freed the jews in egypt, they took many treasures including the Ark. since the jews were unable to make it work, it was eventually taken to a church in ethiopia. by jewish priests who reguarded it as a holy religious item.

As it goes, the spaceship... was Thoth's vehicle which ran on crystal power. It was buried under the sphynx, as well as the library of universal history/atlantean history/technology.

The reasons this library is to remain hidden, is an easy one to think about. When you speak of information reguarding every religion, and technologies that are purposefully kept from the public, one can imagine what would happen if the technologies undid the oil industry, or every major religion... mass riots would ensue. imagine how pissed you would be to find out youve been lied to all your live by the two establishments that youve been told to trust above all others... anyway...

The name of Jon's book is:
The children of the law of one, and the lost teachings of atlantis. If youre a cayce fan or skeptic...this book will give much insight to what is talked about, and possibly a new understanding.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hi! Netflix has a dvd I watched last week called the Mysteries of the Sphinx starring Charles Heston. It was really good, I want to get a good book and read more. Aliens were mentioned, the face on Mars was compared with the sphinx. I wonder about that cuban underwater face.
Dr. Hawass looked really young in the film. It was amazing how little new information has evolved since the film was made, 20 years ago? That's my best guess. Based on the film I personally felt the sphinx was built 12 to 15,000 years ago. It really looks ancient when you see the water damage from a different climate of rain durring the ice age. The new face on it definitely doesn't match the body of the lion/dog. I wounder if two different civilizations lived there. The first becoming technologically advanced and leaving the planet, six thousand years later the more modern tomb building Egptians evolved. I think man's intellect may rise and fall like a roller coaster with each generation. The Ring forts in Ireland, Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids are supposed to be six thousand years old. Its all exciting, too bad Dr. Hawass won't write a tell all the dirt and hidden details book. I would buy one.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
[edit on 18-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join