It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sphinx: Chamber Between the Paws

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Firstly, was the Sphinx built by the Egyptians or another lost civilization like that of Atlantis? Now I am sure most people know about the chamber between the paws of the sphinx. It also appears that the speculation is that of a number of ideas of what lies beneath the paws in a chamber. #1 a space craft of the Star Warrior variety, #2 records of Atlantis OR #3 an initiation chamber. But again, linked to Atlantis. Would this then enforce the idea that the Spinx was NOT built by the Egyptians? And if not, should there not be other structures in the same area? Perhaps, then, Atlantis should be quite close to Egypt – or why, if they did, would they build something so far from “home”??!!

Taken from…

But it was Edgar Cayce, the "sleeping prophet," who popularized the idea of a secret chamber associated with the Sphinx. According to Cayce, there is a "Hall of Records" with an entrance to be found between the paws of the Sphinx. In answer to the request, "Give in detail what the sealed room contains," Cayce answered:
A record of Atlantis from the beginning of those periods when the Spirit took form, or began the encasements in that land; and the developments of the peoples throughout their sojourn; together with the record of the first destruction, and the changes that took place in the land; with the record of the sojournings of the peoples and their varied activities in other lands, and a record of the meetings of all the nations or lands, for the activities in the destruction of Atlantis; and the building of the pyramid of initiation, together with whom, what, and where the opening of the records would come, that are as copies from the sunken Atlantis. For with the change, it [Atlantis] must rise again…(shortened)

Does anyone think that Dr Zahi Hawass knows what is there? Apparently they found a “door” leading from the southern shaft of the queen’s chamber in the great pyramid. This apparently goes into the chamber beneath the Sphinx’s paws. He stopped all further investigations dispelling work done by John Anthony West as mere propaganda and not scientific. He also didn’t believe it to be a door at all and said there was nothing behind it

Taken from…

Thomas Dobecki who was to identify a large rectangular chamber concealed in the bedrock at a depth of about twenty feet beneath the front paws of the Sphinx.

But following his (Hawass) conviction that there was nothing there he then does the following:

Taken from…

In March 1996 Dr Hawass announced that the Egyptian scientist Farouk El Baz (whose name...translates into ancient Egyptian as Horus) had been chosen to lead a team to open the secret door inside the Great Pyramid at the end of the southern shaft of the Queen’s Chamber.

Has there been any conclusive evidence as to what actually is/was in that chamber?
We also know this:
Taken from…

Zahi Hawass earlier addressed the rumored chamber in his 1990 "Update" to The Pyramids and Temples of Gizah by Flinders Petrie (London: Histories & Mysteries of Man Ltd., 1990; p. 101-102):
The last site investigated by the Japanese [Waseda University in Japan] was the Sanctuary of the Sphinx. The three areas targeted were:
A. South of the Sphinx.
B. North of the Sphinx.
C. In front of the two paws of the Sphinx.
The results were:
A. South of the Sphinx. The Japanese indicated the existence of a hollow 2.5 m. to 3 m. underground. And, they found indications of a groove on the Sphinx body that extends beneath the Sphinx.
B. North of the Sphinx. The Japanese found another groove similar to the southern one which may indicate that maybe there is a tunnel underneath the Sphinx connecting the south and north grooves.
C. In front of the two paws of the Sphinx. The Japanese found another hollow space about 1 m. to 2 m. below surface. Again, they believe that it might extend underneath the Sphinx.
The conclusion of the Japanese work suggests that the sanctuary of the Sphinx contains more cavities below the Sphinx than were previously known.
The combined data collected by the recent research at Giza resulted in the indications that there is/are:
1. Hollows located under the Sphinx as yet, not identified.
2. Cavities running from north to south underneath the Sphinx.
3. A tunnel south of the pyramid of Khufu …

I would be interested to know if anyone knows anything further about what lies beneath the Sphinx.

Now to digress, I have read somewhere before, some time ago, that a “craft” of the Star Warrior type has been found below one or more pyramids. Is this fact? Does anyone know if this has been documented officially and are there pictures? I guess if there were it would be absolute proof of UFOs. And again, how is it proven, if they exist, they belong to the star warriors?

However, if it is simply (and I use the word loosely) a library containing age old documents etc, how would they then affect the world as we know it OR religion as we think we know it. Interesting I believe.

[edit on 22/5/2007 by shearder]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have heard of a chamber being under the Sphinx, but as best I can remember it was a library or something like a vault.
I do not think that any UFO's have been found under either the pyramids or the sphinx and have never heard of such.
It would be very interesting however to follow the tunnel from the Queen's chamber, or once more try to look for a hidden chamber under the sphinx, however the many pseudo-archeologists that tried to do so before did ireperable damage to the sphinx and now you can't get near it.
With modern technology however we might be able to do more without damaging the sphinx.

Also could you please give the source for the "star warrior" UFO hypothesis. I have never heard of star warriors before.

Nice post but I'm not sure how much can be added to it, there does not seem to be much archeological interest in a chamber under the sphinx right now, but some good ideas.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Even if there is a chamber under the Sphinx, chances are infinitely more likely it has to do with the Egyptians than anything else. In fact, I think everything we've found around and in the pyramids has to do with the Egyptians. So far anyway.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAD47
Also could you please give the source for the "star warrior" UFO hypothesis. I have never heard of star warriors before.

One of the places i found was this but the site doesn't seem to exist anylonger or just has a problem (www.marsearthconnection.com...)

Also i found a piece here about the "Blue Star" craft: members.aol.com...

...discovery of a new waterlogged chamber and sarcophagus down the well shaft beneath Khafra's Causeway. The sarcophagus found will hold a warrior in suspended animation. His "Blue Star" [craft] which was under the great vault [pyramid] has long since been spirited off to a facility...

I have been trying to find the stuff i found about 2 years ago but I will keep searching. It HAS to be there - somewhere!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Another article about the Blue Star...
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
I wonder if anyone else has some literature or websites with this info?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Even if there is a chamber under the Sphinx, chances are infinitely more likely it has to do with the Egyptians than anything else. In fact, I think everything we've found around and in the pyramids has to do with the Egyptians. So far anyway.

I tend to agree to a point with this idea that it is "more likely" to have to do with the Egyptians. But, if, and this may be a long shot, they also worshipped Gods it is possible they knew where the Sphinx originated from in terms of which "peoples" built it and if it was/is something other than a library etc then i guess they would have left, whatever may be down there, exactly where it is in fear of disrupting a more important cause. Hell, I don't know - speculating. However I would certainly be interested to know.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm not sure where I heard/read this before, but the guard that protects the chambers will not let it be opened until the right time. Within the chambers we will find chambers that hold a Library, Medicines, and Seeds. I'm sure there was more, but what stands out most from my memory of this is that the seeds will show us how to rebuild ... remove the ash from our air to purify it again.

I will look around to see where I had originally read this. (I may have heard this on C2C) If anyone knows where I can find this please post.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MicheleLee
I'm not sure where I heard/read this before, but the guard that protects the chambers will not let it be opened until the right time. Within the chambers we will find chambers that hold a Library, Medicines, and Seeds. I'm sure there was more, but what stands out most from my memory of this is that the seeds will show us how to rebuild ... remove the ash from our air to purify it again.

Now if we could find that it would be seriously interesting. Now the guard that protects the chambers - who has elected him/her. So that means that there is actual confirmation as to what is inside those chambers under the Sphinx?!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I sure wish I could find that particular information.
I believe what they were saying is that a remote viewer said that the prophecies from Edgar Cayce were misunderstood about the "seeds" that are to be found under the Sphinx.
Edgar Cayce was only a few years off with his prediction of the year this would be found.

A sonar reading of the area did show that rooms were found, but the government refused the investigation.
I just got home so I will go ahead and see what I can find.
Hopeful someone has heard of this (seeds to grow trees or special vegetation to clean the atmosphere) after a major volcanic eruption.
Sounds a bit out there, but it was interesting.

Anything new with the Sphinx lately? While I have my lunch I will see what current events I can find.

Here is an image showing The Sphinx - Schematics, Tunnels, and Chambers

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Very cool post. My thoughts :

First, you quote Edgar Cayce. I've never seen any evidence (other than
that provided from his followers) that he's predicted anything. (yes, I'm
a skeptic)

On the other hand, I'm certainly no supporter of Hawass. He's arrogant
and self-serving. He wants any and all discoveries to be his, and his
alone. Pretty sad, if you ask me.

Now, from the Site
provided, we get this :

"Have you ever wondered why the Egyptians put their mummified dead into a sarcophagus
which holds a remarkable resemblance to current day gestation tubes for cloning?

Please explain how a rectangular stone box equals a test-tube ?

As far as a tunnel or room under the Sphinx; highly probable.

And, I do subscribe to the theory Schoch has proposed, that the Sphinx
is around 10k years old. Schoch Link

So, on the one hand I'm quite dubious, on the other I believe something
most mainstream archeologists scoff at.

Just my 2 cent, and thanks for a great thread.

Lex

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MicheleLee
I'm not sure where I heard/read this before, but the guard that protects the chambers will not let it be opened until the right time.

The original source was "channeled" information from Edgar Cayce, who's been very wrong about a lot of things. He predicted it would be found about the time Atlantis rose in 1975 and that the Akashic Records Hall would become available to everyone.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
Firstly, was the Sphinx built by the Egyptians or another lost civilization like that of Atlantis?

Egyptians. It's their style, they have other sphynxes around, and the place isn't a barren plain but is surrounded on several sides by a city of the dead (necropolis) around the Great Pyramid site.

Now I am sure most people know about the chamber between the paws of the sphinx. It also appears that the speculation is that of a number of ideas of what lies beneath the paws in a chamber. #1 a space craft of the Star Warrior variety, #2 records of Atlantis OR #3 an initiation chamber.

The first one is absurd, the second one is fiction (Atlantis never existed) and the third one is not accurate (Egyptians didn't have mystery religions until they were taken over by the Greeks, long after the sphinx was built.)

Adding to the flap was a fictional promotional video financed by Dr. Schor is a short video film shot at the end of 1995 by Boris Said and produced in early 1996 that talked about a chamber under the sphinx. He later admitted that it was fictional and scripted.

Catchpenny has a fair and detailed review:
www.catchpenny.org...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
From my understandings and from what I heard from some Egyptian friends, the hidden texts within the Paw contains Pagain writings and Secrets.

Basically, things that could invoke spirits, control the weather and the names of Deities. They said the writings couldnt be destroyed, so it was buried because it was heretic. The power of the words couldnt be handled by the people of that time. They believe that the fallen angels Semjaza and Azazel authored these words in order to bring men down because man lusts for power.

Makes sense. The Nag Hammadi texts and the Apocryphal Gnostics werent destroyed and some churches consider them heresies.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Does anyone think that Dr Zahi Hawass knows what is there? Apparently they found a “door” leading from the southern shaft of the queen’s chamber in the great pyramid. This apparently goes into the chamber beneath the Sphinx’s paws. He stopped all further investigations dispelling work done by John Anthony West as mere propaganda and not scientific. He also didn’t believe it to be a door at all and said there was nothing behind it

Did you say there is a tunnel that leads from the queens chamber to the sphinx? Thats a new one there, isnt the sphinx kinda far away from the pyramid?

I believe there is a doorway towards the back of the sphinx but I think it was dtermined to lead nowhere.

Ill be glad when the Dr. Hawas is replaced he dispells everything about the pyramids. He is so oldschool.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This isnt to off topic because the sphinx and possible chambers are included.
I have a question. How do you convince a million people to build a freaking headstone? There has to be more to it.

I beleive there are chambers in the sphinx and multiple chambers in the pyramids.

Dont they have some kind of radar machine to look inside?

Ill bet if you got Exxon to look they would find something inside there.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
I have a question. How do you convince a million people to build a freaking headstone? There has to be more to it.

I beleive there are chambers in the sphinx and multiple chambers in the pyramids.

Dont they have some kind of radar machine to look inside?

Ill bet if you got Exxon to look they would find something inside there.

I have to say that there has been a lot of GREAT feedback in this thread and many thanks to ALL the contributors, Judaz_Escariot, MicheleLee, Lexion, Byrd, earth2 and anyone else I missed.

Once again, there is, I guess, not a mountain of information or literature on this and with what we do find we are reminded to deny ignorance. I have to agree with that there have been "lies" and deceit regarding information related to this. But I would really like to get more peoples "ideas" and factual info if any exists.

I believe that Hawass would stop anything like a probe by Exon as to what is in there and as correclty stated, he wants all the glory for any and all discoveries. The world needs new ideas and fresh blood on this. But it sure is interesting.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The people wouldn't need to be convinced. The Egyptian king was a god to his people. So anything he ordered was literally the will of god.

I'm pretty sceptical on this whole thing, and also uninformed. So I won't say anything more for now.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

The people wouldn't need to be convinced. The Egyptian king was a god to his people. So anything he ordered was literally the will of god.

I'm pretty sceptical on this whole thing, and also uninformed. So I won't say anything more for now.

You didnt live in that time period so you cant say for sure if all the people thought he was a God. Maybe a few yes.

I believe people were a little more inteligent than that back then,
im sure there were plenty of skeptics.

Thats the mainstream solution for every question "religious answers".
Temples and gods, temples and gods, jees that seems to be all people did back then.

I would imagine if I had to carry one ton stones around all the time I would be questioning my God.

Im just not drinking that koolaid.

There has to be more to it. Eventially a machine will be made that will very easily peer inside the sphinx and the pyramids and it will change ancient history. Finally

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The ancient Egyptian Pharaoh was believed by his people to be a descendant of Ra (or Re depending on how you read it).
He was both a spiritual leader and an earthly leader. He settled legal disputes, led war councils, and all other things normal leaders do. He also led religious ceremonies.

It is well known that Pharaohs were the God-Kings of their people, and their word was god's law. An interesting site you can learn more from can be found here.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You didnt live in that time period so you cant say for sure if all the people thought he was a God. Maybe a few yes.

Almost all did. We didn't live in that time, but we have evidence in the form of offerings, and libraries full of writing from them. The evidence is not for just one Pharoah, but stretches from the First Kingdom through the end of the Pharonic dynasties (Cleopatra).

I believe people were a little more inteligent than that back then,
im sure there were plenty of skeptics.

Skeptical thinking requires two things -- enough wealth to devote some time to research and contemplation, and literacy. Back in those times there were huge social divisions, and almost nobody but scribes and priests could read or write.

I would imagine if I had to carry one ton stones around all the time I would be questioning my God.

Egyptian theology is very interesting (the two best sites are Touregypt and Catchpenny) -- and no, folks only worked for the Pharoah during the flood season (when nobody could do anything because their fields were all flooded out.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Byrd]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join