It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sphinx: Chamber Between the Paws

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearderI believe that Hawass would stop anything like a probe by Exon as to what is in there and as correclty stated, he wants all the glory for any and all discoveries. The world needs new ideas and fresh blood on this. But it sure is interesting.

Actually, he has allowed this kind of thing before. What he's preventing is every two-bit foofmaker with a wild theory from digging up Giza and interfering with other digs going on at the place. Before the Egyptian government stepped in, a lot of looting and damage went on to the site.

In order to dig, you have to have a permit. Permits are given for one area (so you don't have six teams digging up the area and getting angry over who gets access to what.)

Yes, Hawass likes to treat Giza as his own personal site. But he has allowed others to dig there and research there.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, he has allowed this kind of thing before. What he's preventing is every two-bit foofmaker with a wild theory from digging up Giza and interfering with other digs going on at the place. Before the Egyptian government stepped in, a lot of looting and damage went on to the site.

Well i guess all things considered I would hate to even try and imagine what kind of artifacts disappeared and were perhaps, through "ignorance," destroyed because they were not stored correctly etc

In order to dig, you have to have a permit. Permits are given for one area (so you don't have six teams digging up the area and getting angry over who gets access to what.)

Very good policy. I knew permits were required but i did not know how strict they were with regard to the issuing of those permits. But it makes sense and would also prevent blood shed lol

Yes, Hawass likes to treat Giza as his own personal site. But he has allowed others to dig there and research there.

Well I guess in a way Egypt needs someone like him to make sure it does not get out of hand but again, I would love to know what he knows when it comes to saying who can dig where and which areas are off limits and why. Not really based on the fact that we sure don't want the whole of the area to become a mound of sand and rubble but based on the idea that there are areas that are maybe sensitive and what may be uncovered (known or unknown) may not be what humanity is ready to see. (speculating on what could be found if unknown)

Trust me, I do not believe that we will find space ships and gateways to 200 other planets just laying in wait for someone to come along but I guess Egyptology is an interesting field.

Damn, i look at what i wrote and I seem like a complete blithering idiot who throws the whole "Deny Ignorance" ting out the window. But i guess it is just based on curiosity - which will ultimately kill the cat - well not this one LOL

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If there are sensitive and spectacular finds that are suspected there on Giza, you can be quite certain that Hawass reserved those areas for himself or for a colleague. While arrogance undoubtedly plays a factor there, there is also the issue that he is THE expert on the area. The whole thing is his dig, and I don't doubt that he could give you the exact coordinates of every feature on the plateau -- and he can certainly read for himself all the hieroglyphics there.

He and the Egyptian government have to deal with floods of tourists coming out to Giza, trying to pick up bits of stone and everything else as souveniers and showing up with their devices (homemade or not) to do their own exploration of the plateau. It's annoying to the archaeological researchers, because the position of every last scrap of stone IS important (we had a presentation in an archaeology class showing how someone used GPS and stone scattering on a site to define what time periods the site was being used and which groups of Native Americans were there.)

And no, you're just not as familiar with this as I am. There are millions of people out there (many with a "those stupid scientists/Hawass is a fraud" attitude) writing about the pyramids and what's there... but there's only a thousand or so archaeologists/Egyptologists writing on the subject on the web (actually, now that I think about it, the number may be as small as 500.) Readers get so influenced by the first kind of website that they forget to look at what archaeologists are saying.

I've had a class and have gone on a dig and hang out on archaeology boards. My favorite is the Hall of Maat at www.hallofmaat.com where there's some real Egyptologists there who discuss papers and articles and who get into the occasional discussion over very interesting technical stuff.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As much as i would love to know that there is a spaceship under the paws, I highly doubt it. It probably like a chamber with treasure or something thats still useful, but much more useless than a spaceship or stargate or something.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

If there are sensitive and spectacular finds that are suspected there on Giza, you can be quite certain that Hawass reserved those areas for himself or for a colleague.

Very crafty hey - but again in the best interests of Egypt. And, as you pointed out, the location of objects is important and we wouldn't like every Tom, Dick and Harry moving stuff around.

And no, you're just not as familiar with this as I am. There are millions of people out there (many with a "those stupid scientists/Hawass is a fraud" attitude) writing about the pyramids and what's there... but there's only a thousand or so archaeologists/Egyptologists writing on the subject on the web (actually, now that I think about it, the number may be as small as 500.) Readers get so influenced by the first kind of website that they forget to look at what archaeologists are saying.

Very interesting. Though I did not (and I know you did not insinuate this or direct at me) think Hawass was a fraud I thought that he was being a little "selfish." BUT, once again, I now understand why he is like that, regardless of his arrogance, if he wasn't the way he was we would probably know less due to theft and vandalism.

I've had a class and have gone on a dig and hang out on archaeology boards. My favorite is the Hall of Maat at www.hallofmaat.com where there's some real Egyptologists there who discuss papers and articles and who get into the occasional discussion over very interesting technical stuff.

I will certainly make a "stop" at that site ASAP and have a look. I guess sometimes we get tied down in our usual day to day lives and are only exposed to that which has direct influence on us and the jobs that we do that we, like myself, do not get enough time to actually spend as much time as would be required to be more informed on subjects that others do for a living. But I am grateful for those, like yourself Byrd, that can offer information and direct along the right path to follow.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
original poster

i watched the national geographic channel's special presentation about the doorway you're talking about. not only was it tiny, literally like a couple inches square, the tunnel leading to it and beyond go up, not down and to the sphynx.

as for the chamber under the sphynx i recall reading either in a book about egypt or on the internet about one being found, but so far as i can remember no one ever dug into it. it could be just some kind of ruse by people claiming it for some atlantis hall of records but, who knows.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
then why arnt they digging and trying to see if ones there why waste time. i would be som common english blok with a big jcb and say " hay up lads i think i found treasure" lol then maybe people might be bothered ton find out.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by Swissgarud]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
would that be before or after the Egyptian authorities had shot you dead for trying to drive dangerous machinery for which you are unlicensed and uninsured and do not have an excavation permit for into a heavily populated tourist area

these arent your typical english policemen who will happily give you a lift home if they find you stranded somewhere late at night
heres a pic of some doing what they love best

kicking a peaceful political protestor while hes on the ground

heres a couple more taking a break and eating some sandwiches

having spent a very tiring morning threatening and intimidating tourists at the airport for baksheesh (note the full auto machine gun under the right arm)

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"The original source was "channeled" information from Edgar Cayce, who's been very wrong about a lot of things. He predicted it would be found about the time Atlantis rose in 1975 and that the Akashic Records Hall would become available to everyone"

I have to strongly disagree with this.......Edgar Cayce predicted atlantis would rise again in 1968, which is the exact year that the "Bimini Road' was discovered:

"In the early 1900's, famed American psychic Edgar Cayce predicted that evidence of the lost continent of Atlantis would appear in the Bahamas in 1968 or 1969. Curiously, in 1968 pilots photograhed from the air structures that looked like buildings, walls and roads under the waters off of Bimini island. Others have claimed to have seen pyramids and stone circles on the sea bed, but the only thing that has been confirmed for sure is what has become to be known as the Bimini Road."

He also said the hall of records beneath the sphinx would be discovered in 1999..............who's to say it wasn't discovered then? i wouldnt be surprised if something like that was kept secret.................or the 'room' itself has been dicovered, but no one has been able to search it.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm with Lexion on the age of the sphinx. I found the vertical erosion patterns on the sphinx highly suggestive of rainwater eroson as opposed to wind and sand erosion which tends to be horizontal and which is the only factor that could have affected the sphinx if it had been built when most egyptologists believe.

No disrespect to Byrd, but Egyptologists have themselves to blame for much of the proliferation of alternative theories and sources. The whole discipline has been riddled with egotism, nationalism and secrecy from the outset. You also tend to find inaccuracies lingering longer in Egyptology than in other fields of archaeology, IMHO.

I seem to remember a large rectangle of iron being discovered recently in one of the shafts leading from the Queen's chamber. Did they have access to iron? I thought not, which would leave meteoric iron, which would have been exceedingly precious. This is not to say that Khufu would not have meritied such riches in his tomb, but it seems a strange place to put it, and no mention, from what I understand, in the book of what is in the duat. Does anybody have anything on that?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fushone
"The original source was "channeled" information from Edgar Cayce, who's been very wrong about a lot of things. He predicted it would be found about the time Atlantis rose in 1975 and that the Akashic Records Hall would become available to everyone"

I have to strongly disagree with this.......Edgar Cayce predicted atlantis would rise again in 1968, which is the exact year that the "Bimini Road' was discovered:

"In the early 1900's, famed American psychic Edgar Cayce predicted that evidence of the lost continent of Atlantis would appear in the Bahamas in 1968 or 1969. Curiously, in 1968 pilots photograhed from the air structures that looked like buildings, walls and roads under the waters off of Bimini island. Others have claimed to have seen pyramids and stone circles on the sea bed, but the only thing that has been confirmed for sure is what has become to be known as the Bimini Road."

He also said the hall of records beneath the sphinx would be discovered in 1999..............who's to say it wasn't discovered then? i wouldnt be surprised if something like that was kept secret.................or the 'room' itself has been dicovered, but no one has been able to search it.

so you're taking information from a convicted criminal when he was asleep (by his own admission) and thinking its valid
what about his claim that stonehenge was built by a tribe of dan fresh from the exodus around 1700bce ?
clearly you have a lot more research to do
Cayces sources are well known and well attested
when I have revealed these sources of his information in the past there are only two types of responses
1) I don't believe you Edgar Cayce is a reincarnation of Adam
2) Ok so I got conned
which type are you

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fushone
...I have to strongly disagree with this.......Edgar Cayce predicted atlantis would rise again in 1968, which is the exact year that the "Bimini Road' was discovered:

"In the early 1900's, famed American psychic Edgar Cayce predicted that evidence of the lost continent of Atlantis would appear in the Bahamas in 1968 or 1969. Curiously, in 1968 pilots photograhed from the air structures that looked like buildings, walls and roads under the waters off of Bimini island. Others have claimed to have seen pyramids and stone circles on the sea bed, but the only thing that has been confirmed for sure is what has become to be known as the Bimini Road..."

What they don't tell you is that the "pilots" that made this discovery were a couple of guys that were lifelong members of A.R.E. - Cayce's foundation - and they had been scouring the Bahamas for quite some time looking for something that they could claim to be evidence of Cayce's precognitive powers.

Unfortunately, they didn't find anything at all so they had to go with a small stretch of beach rock on the west side of Bimini.

Follow the "Bimini Road" and it leads you up the coast for a few hundred feet, then it curves back down the coast and ends. For this reason, the only proponents of this geological feature as man-made, a therapist from Memphis named Dr. (of counseling)Greg Little, his wife Dr. Lora and an "archaeologist" (M.A. - Anthropology) Bill Donato - A.R.E. members all - have decided that it's not a road at all, now it's a harbour.

"Archaeologist" Donato has apparently never done any archaeological work beyond whatever Cal State University required for his Masters Degree. His thesis was on Atlantis. He's been involved in the Atlantis in Bimini farce since graduation, and apparently has done little else.

Dr. Little left Memphis for a life in Bimini, which is dependant on speaking engagements and booksales concerning the naturally formed beachrock he has glommed onto. Not that I blame him. I live right outside of Memphis myself and I would be sorely tempted to do the same thing, had Little not already hogged all the pseudoscience. I guess I'll have to glom onto some natural formation in Antarctica if I ever want to get out of here!

Come to think of it, maybe some of the mound building culture's sites around here can be morphed into some ancient Atlantean temples or something. Yeaaahh. That's the ticket! Ancient Atlantean Temples. My wife, Morgan Fairchild, agrees with me!

Harte

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
well an expert on ancient harbours they flew in backed up the claim that it was once Atlantis
heres his take on it
www.andrewcollins.com...
which anyone who knows his work is sure to see what extra credibility this is

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Marduk,
I've read Gods of Eden, and I've just started

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Marduk,
I know and appreciate sarcasm.

Thanks,
Lex

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I could have sworn that I saw a show (history channel probably.) where Dr. Hawas was in a room under the sphinx. There was water on the ground they tried to step over on wooden planks. Also there was a large statue of Osiris in the seated position, and possilby a stone sarcophagus.. though my memory is fuzzy.

Does anyone remember this show or know of any pictures on the web of the Osiris statue and the chamber? Im pretty sure it was an underground room somewhere directly under or very near the sphinx..

I just searched for hours for info about the sphinx and Osiris and couldnt find it. It would probably be the "reception chamber" in the first picture on this page. And it reminded me of something I read a looong time ago about the cult of Osiris and the book of the dead and the ritual for a new king.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
that plan is made up
Ellis Crystals metaphysical and science website is not a good source

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yah I know its made up I was just trying to remember where the tomb I am thinking of was. And I thought it was somewhere near/under the sphinx, possibly in the location of the made up "reception chamber." I'm probably thinking of one of the tempels of the sphinx or the temple infront of one of the pyramids.. darn my memory!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
I could have sworn that I saw a show (history channel probably.) where Dr. Hawas was in a room under the sphinx. There was water on the ground they tried to step over on wooden planks. Also there was a large statue of Osiris in the seated position, and possilby a stone sarcophagus.. though my memory is fuzzy.

You did. Hawass opened up a rather primitive "Tomb of Osiris" in a passageway under the causeway next to the Sphinx.

If you remember, the area was flooded. The passageway was not a big secret, Egyptian children used to swim there - Hawass said. But once the waters receded artifacts were found and a sealed-up entrance that turned out to be into the Tomb of Osiris.

These Osiris tombs are scattered around Egypt - They are sort of like little shrines you could go and make an offering in. The most famous is the Osierion.

Harte

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
im pretty sure the chamber was discovered in the 2000's and there were a set of dead sea scrolls with secret yet to be deciphered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join