It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your All-Time Favorite Bread?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Bread, the Staff of Life. We all eat it. At least I think we do. If someone here isn't eating bread, they must be on a no-carb diet.

My favorite is challah. Mmmmmmm. There's a Jewish bakery on Grand Avenue that I pass by after I drop my daughter at school. I try to go in there at least once a week for a loaf of challah fresh from the oven. So yummy. I usually eat half the loaf in the car on the way home, with a little help from my son.

If challah goes slightly stale it makes wicked French toast. Slice it thick, let it get dry overnight on a plate. Soak it in eggs mixed with milk and a little OJ, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook as usual in a hot pan or on a griddle.

Top with pan roasted pine nuts and candied walnuts, fresh whipping cream, and a drizzle of orange honey.

Gobble while hot.

Bread: What's your pleasure?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Banana bread! I don't let myself learn how to cook it, because I just might become a B.B. freak and need rehab.

~Sitting in the support group for addicted behaviors~

"And Mark, what are you addicted to?"

~I look around to see who is going to hear the confession, then whisper out.~

"Banana Bread!"

~Everyone begins to start laughing.~

Not a pretty scenario.

But banana bread is so yummy!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Portuguese Sweet bread. You havent lived till youve had a couple hot slices with a glass of milk.

Its the best.

Store bought would be San Luis Sourdough.

My .02.

Silver

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
challah!

I like eating it, because it tastes awesome.
I like SAYING it, because it clears my throat..LOL

You are SO right about the french toast.

and Sheepherders Bread, from Schat's, in Bishop, California.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I like Panera's (also known as the St. Louis Bread Company) French Bread. It's crust is crisp and flaky but the inside is soft and perfect. I can eat this with European style butter all day long. Yeah, I'm a carb-loader. Probably why I'm so fat... *snickers*

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I like a good seeded rye bread - toasted of course.
I bake a mean sour dough bread. I put chunks of Asiago cheese right in the dough, so that it bakes in the bread. Probably not real good for you, but damn it's tasty!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ahh bread. I love pretty much all bread. Depends upon what else I'm having - hearty rye for ham or grilled smoked sausage or Reuben, wheat toast with breakfast, French or Italian for a sub at lunch - it's all good.

My favorite "special" bread is the date and walnut bread my wife bakes at the holidays. Warmed up with some butter, mmmm nothing better for breakfast.

There used to be this show on PBS with this Benedictine monk who baked bread. Father Dominic, I believe. Something very appealing about the whole baking process, and that simplistic monastic life.

Except for the chastity thing. Some things are better than bread.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Kingsmill 50 50 , lovely makes sweet toast and all with all the healthy goodness of wholegrain.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
A few favorites:

Challah (pronounced hal·lah)

San Francisco sourdough

King's Hawaiian bread....so good.

[edit on 5/26/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ooo yeah, that King's Hawaiian Bread is pretty nice. What's the secret, pineapple juice? I could eat a whole tray of those rolls at one sitting.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Is that what it is...pineapple juice?

I have no idea but it's so soft and sweet, almost , if not, a desert bread.

Ok I'm running to Albertsons!

Cug

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Is that what it is...pineapple juice?

Yep it's pineapple juice. You would like Portuguese Sweet bread as it tastes pretty close to King's

Anyway my favorite bread is pretty much anything straight from the oven. I went on a bread making binge over the winter, I had a few clunker loaves but overall it's pretty easy.

But my number one favorite has to be cinnamon raisin bread, with sourdough running a close second.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Moravian Love Feast Bread. Can only get it around the winter religious holidays. In my mind it compares to Tolkien's Elvish Lembas Waybread.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
today I had olive loaf for the first time from Bread and Cie in san diego..oh my god soo good so now it's officially my fave warmed up with some olive oil on the side!! mmmm

before i discovered this i really dug 7 grain bread haha well i still do but i have a new fave!

anyone in sd ever been to bread and cie ? i went for the first time ever after hearing a lot from my aunt and uncle..god damn so good. they make everything there too !

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
cheesy jalapeño bread

san fransico sourdough

hawaiin bread

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
garlic bread.
fracasia (not sure how to spell that it sounds like fra/ka/shi/a)
anywho fracasia is great with tomato soup.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
oh oh my aunt had some fracasia yesterday i didnt have any though but it looked yummy

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's hard to decide what my favorite bread is, there are so many different kinds with different purposes...for example, I love banana bread, but serving it with spaghetti would just be wrong, lol.
So here are a few of my favorites: Lussekatter (Lucia cats), banana bread, zucchini bread, herb bread with cardamom, rosemary or tarragon, and onion naan.

Btw, MrMysticism, this is for you:
2 eggs, 1 c. sugar, 2 c. flour, 1 tsp b. powder, 1 tsp b. soda, 2 mashed bananas (it's fun to use a plastic bag for that part
) 1/2 c. melted butter, 1/4 c. chopped nuts. Mix all in order, pour in 2 small greased loaf pans, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Let me know how rehab goes

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
garlic bread.
fracasia (not sure how to spell that it sounds like fra/ka/shi/a)
anywho fracasia is great with tomato soup.

I think maybe you mean focaccia? That is some yummy stuff. I've heard you can make a good pizza with it too.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The best bread is the portuguese Muffin, some would call it a bolo it has a little sweetness to it. It's great for sandwiches.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join