It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is the Worst Sin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
A human murdering another human is a horrific act and by far the worst human-to-human act. What is worse? Atheism. You have murdered the Divine Being that created you.

There are ALWAYS consequences. When I was an atheist from 1989 to 1995 I lived freely and felt there was almost no consequence for any action. I was somewhat licentious in behavior, although I always acted legally. Then lightning and thunder struck. I spent two day in the intensive care unit of a hospital (near death) and then was bedridden for almost a year. At the end of this period, a miracle occurred: I found God. God resurrected me from my medical conditions and changed my life. Some stumbling blocks on the way to pay the price for past sins but now I am healthy. I work 80 hours a week in medical research, helping save lives from heart disease and cancer (my skill is in mathematics).

The point of this thread is not to criticize atheists but only to help. I believe that atheism leads to collapse (as I experienced) whether we know it or not. Many atheists believe that "it cannot happen to me." But their wrong. God knows your Soul and thoughts and lack of belief or devotion have consequences. God is a Great God and loves appreciation for what He has done for your life.

I love atheists as much as theists; I just believe that atheists are misguided as I was for 6 years. But there is hope. God can work amazing wonders in your life. When God is in your life, nothing becomes impossible.

Even though some of this sounds like preaching, I am only trying to help. I do not want anybody to experience what I went through.

I know that I will be criticized as I have discovered that many atheists do not mince words. God Bless anyways.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Where in your bible does it say athiesm is the worst sin? It's not in the commandments.

Only theists think athiesm is a sin. The rest of the world doesn't believe in "sin" we believe in consequences in this life and on this planet for socially negative actions.

Edn

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So is this some sort of personal hated towards Atheists or do you just bundle anyone who doesn't believe what you believe in one big nice atheist group?

Around 30% of the world believe in the same god as you, even less believe what you personally believe, so what of the 70% of the population.

And from your past Atheist experience well, you cant be much of an atheist then in fact id put you in your own little group, I haven't met a single Athest you doesn't believe in consequences, or who doesn't respect others, etc.

Anyway what of me? I don't believe in your god, I never will, but im not an Atheist either.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
As a non theist I dont believe in your so called 'sin', so really I couldn't care less if you lump me in with the worst sinners - makes no difference to me, I've been called worse things.

However, what I do acknowledge, is your insistance that we need to be 'saved' by you. This is also a pointless exercise as your insistance falls of deaf ears - I dont believe in ANY god, and even if I were to be inclined towards a deity, what makes you think that your 'god' would be the one I chose (which BTW it wouldnt be, monotheism is a scourge on society).

Your questions/statements are not even debateable as you have already decided the outcome.

G

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm a theist; it's not up to me to judge others.

How can I remove the splinter from my bretherns' eye when I have a log in my own.

I'm secure in my faith to not go to battle everytime I see someone waving the flag of contention in front of me.

The only one I do battle with is: ME

When we ALL finally learn to respect others - no matter the differences - we will be lifting our foot up, yet, another rung in the perverbial civilized ladder.

Remember... RESPECT is the operating word here.

As far as Atheists being the biggest sin? I wouldn't say so.

I'm not too worried about that at all.

This is more disheartening to believers IMO:

Blasphemy Challenge

[edit on 16-5-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
A human murdering another human is a horrific act and by far the worst human-to-human act. What is worse? Atheism. You have murdered the Divine Being that created you.

Does reject, disbelieve or unconviced in an entity = murder? Aren't you taking this a little too extreme/fundamentalist? I thought you managed to find your God, the immortal divine entity can be murdered by people who become atheist?

Does ignoring an entity make it disappear? The power of thought, That means the opposite is also true, an entity can also be created by thought. So who thought out the entity which created the universe? I AM, which has always existed is worried that it's creations will ignore it out of existence?

What gave you this unusual idea? The Divine being survives on faith and worship?.... I find that very interesting indeed. It explains alot.

[edit on 16-5-2007 by ixiy]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Where in your bible does it say athiesm is the worst sin? It's not in the commandments.

It's the sin that cannot be forgiven if one takes it to the grave with them.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
It's the sin that cannot be forgiven if one takes it to the grave with them.

really? i was under the impression that suicide was the sin that couldn't be forgiven if you took it to the grave with you

now tech, ignore the dagger covered in the blood of deities that i'm holding in my hand for a second and listen to me, i haven't committed deiticide. i'm making a conclusion based on reason instead of outright rejecting the concept of god.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

When I was an atheist from 1989 to 1995 I lived freely and felt there was almost no consequence for any action.

Just because you lived that way as an atheist doesn't mean all atheists feel that way. In fact, I know they don't. There are always consequences for action.

I believe that atheism leads to collapse (as I experienced) whether we know it or not. Many atheists believe that "it cannot happen to me." But their wrong.

Again. Your experience is yours alone. You simply cannot come to the conclusion that because something happened to you that it's going to happen to someone else. Besides, many devout Christians and believers have HORRIBLE things happen to them.

I do not want anybody to experience what I went through.

Unfortunately, no one can control that. The very best Christian might experience what you experienced. You attribute a "collapse" to atheism, but there's no indication that what happened to you is really because of atheism. And there's no indication that becoming a believer will avoid it.

And as far as your claim that atheism is the worst sin... Atheists don't normally believe in sin, at least not the way you think of it. So, this statement, that is TOTALLY your opinion, is basically meaningless to most atheists. It's like me telling you that the god of enlightenment is displeased with you. Big deal, right? Meaningless, right?

[edit on 16-5-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

SR

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oh take these christain qoutes from St Thomas and think about them the 'christains' that seem to love opressing any other view apart from there own:

'Beware the man of one book'. 'Oh lordy bible included'

'Clearly the person who accepts the Church as an infallible guide will believe whatever the Church teaches' = 'Oh'

'Happiness is secured through virtue; it is a good attained by man's own will' = No metion of god just the suggestion that man can secure his own happiness through his own will hmmmmmmmm nothing about following the lord blindly there to secure happiness is there.

'Justice is a certain rectitude of mind whereby a man does what he ought to do in the circumstances confronting him' = Justice a certain rectitude of mind hmmmmm human mind again nothing about god just what a man decides when in certain cirumstances no divine orders or god telling him what to do...
'
And therefore the Philosopher [Aristotle] says in Metaphysics VI that good and evil, which are objects of the will, are in things, but truth and error, which are objects of the intellect, are in the mind'..... Good and evil..Objects of will in the human mind...yet again not allusions to God telling people what is this and that.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well no matter what anyone else says your testimony was really good. Thank you for sharing it.
I also can sympathize with you about wanting to help, I want to help as much as I can to as many people I can, especially on here. I have learned though taken different approaches to it can help them without realizing it. I love the testimony though, I hope we get to here more testimonies from others on here.

God bless

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Surely the worst sin is a person thinking they are somehow more special or superior to other humans.
As for a divine being,given that there has been countless religions down the ages with countless 'holy' books-how on earth do you differentiate between them all?
For a person(or group)to say they alone have 'knowledge' of the unknowable and that they have it right and all others have it wrong seems to me like a phycoanalyst's dream job.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have only posted so much recently on atheism because atheists oddly tend to now dominate the Faith, Spirituality & Theology forum. Any offer of help is rejected and often horribly criticized. I believe that atheists risk their lives and much more importantly their Souls. They tend to have a shotgun sensitivity and consider atheism as an intellectual achievement. The unfortunate thing is that many atheists fail to see the big picture. Richard Dawkins should have written a book called "The Atheists' Delusion."

Do you believe that atheism served the USSR well?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I am deitist, that is, i believe in existence of god but i don't follow any religion, because all are funny more or less. God never said you are a sinner if you don't believe in him/her and i can assure you what your ego believes and fears has no influence on your spiritual existence.

Imagine god like sun, it gives life, it can destroy too and we all are made out of stardust and some day we will return and have a party at the end of universe.

My point is, blame, fear, sin and other crap is man-made and god is not even blinking because of it. I am not saying god is all-loving, it can be all-destroying too.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Detonator thats a mighty fine post-sums up pretty much what I beleive to.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Its odd that I would see a thread about an post athiest who was (was that literaly?) struck by lightning, have you won the lottery aswell? So why didnt that happen to me today, I wont say exactly what I was saying, but I have some wild thoughts, so today, a few hours ago, I was destroying a old tree fort in my back yard, with a big pure metal hammer and a saw, no rubber ends, and to pass the time I was singing to myself, and it wasnt the most religious of songs, pretty bad actually, and to top it, wearing a bad religion t-shirt, THEN all os a sudden it started to rain, hard, wind blowing, hard. chairs starting to fly around, the wood I was throwing down was going a lot farther then before because of the wind, but did I stop, no. Why did I do that, as an act to openly defy whatever god may be watching me, why? Because there is no god that can hurt me. Its not the first time I have done something just stupid like that, I put myself in harms way all the time, often just to see if I will get hurt or not, so far, I have been hit in the head with a chair lift, fallen down a pretty steep cliff like hill, been hit by a bus (not that hard), and some other minor stuff. THe worst injury I have ever had in my life, was when I had my arm sliced open when I was 5 years old, I have the scar to prove it, its deep and its long. What god allows a child of 5 years old that knows nothing of religion get hurt like that. I turned my back on god a long time ago, I have never looked back, and I have never felt better, and I have never, ever had as much pain inflicted upon me then from that day over a decade ago, I still remember it visibaly as the most traumatizing moment in my life.

and thats my long drawn out 2 cents.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sorry GreatTech, but I've lived 76 years as a nontheist, and while my life has had it's share of pain, on the whole I've been happy, especially when I'm helping others. Sometime in the next twenty years or so, my body will shut down, my mind will stop functioning and that will be the end of me. No soul to waft off into the sunset, either up or down. All that will remain of me are memories in people I've touched.

While I love living, I recognize that were are all short term phenomena so I accept that as the final part of my existence. I don't fear dying so I have no need to convince myself that I will have an eternal life.

Occam

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Occam, I am glad that you have loved earth life. It is harder to pray for someone to live Eternal Life when they have hated earth life. The afterlife that I imagine (and many others) can be amazingly great.

May God bless you with many more fruitful earth years and a great and glorious afterlife.

Peace and Blessings.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
God is dead.

If it's a sin then be done with and send me to hell right now

Do you believe that atheism served the USSR well?

You don't seriously think it's atheism that sunk the ussr do you ??

[edit on 17-5-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
GreatTech,

I see you are out and about hating anyone who doesn't agree with you again, especially athiests. Haven't you got anything better to do???? You keep repeating yourself from one thread to the next and you always get the same answers - when will those answers sink into your brain - or are you determined to just abuse and accuse athiests for the rest of your life (if that's what you wish to call it).

By the way, there has been calls in the last 24 hours in Hong Kong for the Bible to be declared an obscene publication - check it out, it's not a joke, it's for real. Here's a quote from the news report....

A Hong Kong decency watchdog had been flooded with obscenity complaints about the Bible.

The Television and Entertainments Licensing Authority (TELA), which oversees the publishing industry, said it had received 208 complaints that text within the holy book was indecent.

"I can confirm that the complaints were received," said a TELA spokeswoman. "The thrust of the complaints was that the Bible was obscene, that different parts of the Bible were offensive to readers."

TELA refused to divulge details of the complaints, but local media reported that they referred to acts of violence, rape and cannibalism reputedly contained in the Old and New Testaments.

Why don't you go off and annoy the people of Hong Kong instead of the people of ATS.

It should be patently clear, even to you, that you do not have the talent, or skill, for converting athiests to your beliefs. Considering that fact, it is equally obvious that your statement that you wish to save and help us 'poor souls' is a lie on your part - you just want to attack athiests.

During the whole of your life, how many athiests have you converted to your beliefs, not including your own self-delusion. How many do you think you will convert during the rest of your earthly existance? Honestly now, GreatTech, think about it - you are not winning the conversion game, are you?

The Winged Wombat.

[edit on 17/5/07 by The Winged Wombat]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join