It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is the Worst Sin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
I had paraphrased: NO ONE can come unto the father LEST the father call him so.

I know this is part of scripture: was wondering the 'exact' quote from the bible.

Maybe it is but I can't seem to find it in the good book. It sound's a lot like a mangled John 14:6 to me. When someone is telling others that God said something and can be found in the Bible when in fact it's not the word of God we are creating our own God to suit ourselves, otherwise known as Idolitary. I'm not saying that this is what you are doing friend but quoting something from the Lord inaccurately is a very dangerous thing.

I'll bet anything you are thinking of John 14:6

Blessings...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Winged Wombat
GreatTech,

I think everyone has the right to question anyone else's talents and skills or do you just vote for a politician because they are a politician, or buy a song because it is sung by someone who professes to be a singer? - what a rediculous statement for you, or anyone, to make.

After all that, would you like to comment on the news item concerning the Hong Kong complaints about the Bible and the attempt to have it declared an obscene publication - or would you just like to ignore it like you do anything that doesn't support your case, as usual.

The Winged Wombat

You can post any complaints in TheDucksters' Thread...Holy Bible...Sex Publication controversy

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

I had paraphrased: NO ONE can come unto the father LEST the father call him so.

I know this is part of scripture: was wondering the 'exact' quote from the bible.

Maybe it is but I can't seem to find it in the good book. It sound's a lot like a mangled John 14:6 to me. When someone is telling others that God said something and can be found in the Bible when in fact it's not the word of God we are creating our own God to suit ourselves, otherwise known as Idolitary. I'm not saying that this is what you are doing friend but quoting something from the Lord inaccurately is a very dangerous thing.

I'll bet anything you are thinking of John 14:6

Blessings...

I will find this verse...come hell or high water, and promise to post in here.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Since when does atheism murder God, if someone can't smell does that mean things have no odor around them.

Atheism isn't synonymous with licentious behavior. Many atheists conduct themselves morally and ethically, believing in those things anyway.

Probably better for an atheist who has conducted himself wisely than for a preacher with high intentions who has conducted himself selfishly.

After all, we're talking about a creature that invented Dung Beetles and Mosquitos, we don't know what to expect....

Not to mention the Duck Billed Platypus...which Rastafarians insist prove God's sympathetic denomination.

God fills his army with Attraction, not Promotion.

Less work that way...Joy!

In the meantime, they're welcome to it - some wise observations to be made...

[edit on 17-5-2007 by clearwater]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
Since when does atheism murder God, if someone can't smell does that mean things have no odor around them.

Atheism isn't synonymous with licentious behavior. Many atheists conduct themselves morally and ethically, believing in those things anyway.

Probably better for an atheist who has conducted himself wisely than for a preacher with high intentions who has conducted himself selfishly.

After all, we're talking about a creature that invented Dung Beetles and Mosquitos, we don't know what to expect....

Not to mention the Duck Billed Platypus...which Rastafarians insist prove God's sympathetic denomination.

God fills his army with Attraction, not Promotion.

Less work that way...Joy!

In the meantime, they're welcome to it - some wise observations to be made...

[edit on 17-5-2007 by clearwater]

And a ducks' quack never echos...so they say.

What does that have to do with the topic? A lot or none.

I can't personally speak for other theists.

Where is your question directed to?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
A human murdering another human is a horrific act and by far the worst human-to-human act. What is worse? Atheism. You have murdered the Divine Being that created you.

So athiests are worse than Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Ted Bundy.... gee thanks for the compliment - I can see that you love us all! Er, if 'God' is still there for you, then how can we have murdered 'him/her/it'?

There are ALWAYS consequences. When I was an atheist from 1989 to 1995 I lived freely and felt there was almost no consequence for any action. I was somewhat licentious in behavior, although I always acted legally. Then lightning and thunder struck. I spent two day in the intensive care unit of a hospital (near death) and then was bedridden for almost a year. At the end of this period, a miracle occurred: I found God. God resurrected me from my medical conditions and changed my life. Some stumbling blocks on the way to pay the price for past sins but now I am healthy. I work 80 hours a week in medical research, helping save lives from heart disease and cancer (my skill is in mathematics).

Yes, you've told us all at least 6 times that you are perfect - it is a wonder to me that you have room for your God in your life, you are so in awe of what you see as your personal salvation. The flip side of consequences are that people might not believe you, criticize you and disagree with you - accept it as you wish us to accept the concept of consequences.

The point of this thread is not to criticize atheists but only to help. I believe that atheism leads to collapse (as I experienced) whether we know it or not. Many atheists believe that "it cannot happen to me." But their wrong. God knows your Soul and thoughts and lack of belief or devotion have consequences. God is a Great God and loves appreciation for what He has done for your life.

Yes, it is. Otherwise you would not have given the thread the title that you did. Call your lack of self-control anything you like.

I love atheists as much as theists; I just believe that atheists are misguided as I was for 6 years. But there is hope. God can work amazing wonders in your life. When God is in your life, nothing becomes impossible.

Obviously, that's why you start threads like 'Why are Athiests Athiests', 'Atheism is the Worst Sin', et al.... a real demonstration of 'love' and understanding there!

Even though some of this sounds like preaching, I am only trying to help. I do not want anybody to experience what I went through.

OK, You've made your point (You hate and despise athiests) - oh, that's not enough for you? - you must keep making the same point over and over again, until everyone accepts it as truth..... that IS preaching. Preaching HATE.

I know that I will be criticized as I have discovered that many atheists do not mince words. God Bless anyways.

That is one of the consequences you mention. And gee, let's not mince words, let's disguise what we want to say in euphemisms and quasi thruths and even biblical quotes. It appears that you are saying 'If someone says something directly and clearly then they are criticizing me (and must be an athiest)'. If that's the case then, obviously, GreatTech, what you are saying must be open to criticism and you know it to be so.

You say that you 'love' athiests, but your words demonstate HATE dressed up in the pleasantries of Christian dogma - 'God Bless always'. Hate is still Hate, however you dress it up, GreatTech

The Winged Wombat

[edit on 17/5/07 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I see that a lot of religious people are looking for control and always trying to exercise their judgement over others, almost as if they're taking on the role of 'god' themselves. Which in my opinion is dangerous to themselves and to others... this is how cults are formed in the first place. Many religious people will claim that they have a one way with god and that you should start believing them...and if you read between the lines; they really want you to worship everything that spews from their mouths. Just another reason to stay atheist. I'd rather observe nature as it is.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I agree, laiguana.

It is interesting to observe that the religion that such as GreatTech profess to follow (and obviously to represent), confines the right to judge others to their 'God', while these individuals do little else, it seems, but to judge others.

If they can justify that with their religious beliefs then that makes their whole religion an anomoly and a paradox. If they can't then they are misrepresenting themselves as faithful followers of that particular religion.

Of course, they will now tell us that they love us and they are not judging us and bestow some Christian blessing, or some other gobbledegook upon us as an answer - but they won't address the paradox. They appear to be in permanent denial concerning such anomolies.

The Winged Wombat

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

However, for anyone to say that the greatest sin lies with Atheists is not true.

Remember what I typed previously?

We can preach all that we want to those who we think might need the 'WORD', yet, it will be 'pearls onto swines'.

Let it be known: I'm NOT EVER ever stipulating that Atheists are swine!

WHAT I'm comparing to: Wisdom from believers should never be thrown about in disarray, as to fall upon the feet of those who would 'slough off' this knowledge and not use it for the betterment of their inner spirtual growth.

There will be those that want to hear, and those who don't.

For those who don't care to hear - we are instructed to 'carry on'- Deliver the message elsewhere. To those who are 'accepting' of this.

We shouldn't make a strong-hold of opinion, unless requested by the LORD to do so.

In other words: Do NOT force feed our opinions, down the throats of un-believers.

Spread the WORD and move on.

TheDuckster,

I knew it would happen eventually.

I wholeheartedly agree. We now have athiest and theist in total agreement - just add the word 'Spiritual' before 'Wisdom' please, otherwise that bit looks a little like a 'put-down'.

The Winged Wombat

If only politicians could take the same view, what a wonderful world it could be.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So athiests are worse than Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Ted Bundy.... gee thanks for the compliment - I can see that you love us all! Er, if 'God' is still there for you, then how can we have murdered 'him/her/it'?

No. God loves all human beings! the things we do, or the sin we commit He does not love. Why? because we will 99% of the time make the wrong choice with out God leading us. It is very easy.

Yes, you've told us all at least 6 times that you are perfect - it is a wonder to me that you have room for your God in your life, you are so in awe of what you see as your personal salvation. The flip side of consequences are that people might not believe you, criticize you and disagree with you - accept it as you wish us to accept the concept of consequences.

Actually, we all are imperfect. Even in the bible Romans 3:23 says that " we all have fallen short of the Glory of God." I actually admire Great tech for allowing himself so freely to be ridiculed. Yes, I believe he knows there will be those that do not believe him but, there is a chance that just one will hear and be changed. That is worth all the ridicule you can hand to someone.

Yes, it is. Otherwise you would not have given the thread the title that you did. Call your lack of self-control anything you like.

This suits how i answered the last part of the above question.

OK, You've made your point (You hate and despise athiests) - oh, that's not enough for you? - you must keep making the same point over and over again, until everyone accepts it as truth..... that IS preaching. Preaching HATE

Your making a pretty stong statement here. That you are closing your ears to any kind of talk of God. Yet you are on here discussing on this thread. Something has sparked your interest whether you know it or not to keep responding to these threads if you know God does not exist.

That is one of the consequences you mention. And gee, let's not mince words, let's disguise what we want to say in euphemisms and quasi thruths and even biblical quotes. It appears that you are saying 'If someone says something directly and clearly then they are criticizing me (and must be an athiest)'. If that's the case then, obviously, GreatTech, what you are saying must be open to criticism and you know it to be so.

He was an atheist how is that a quasi truth? How for that matter was that a euphemism? he was stating on his past experiance as one.

You say that you 'love' athiests, but your words demonstate HATE dressed up in the pleasantries of Christian dogma - 'God Bless always'. Hate is still Hate, however you dress it up, GreatTech

Yours to me sound more like hate then Great techs. You're the one getting worked up over something you know to be false why, if you know the truth, do you allow Great tech to get under your skin? is it because he is questioning something deep down inside of you your scared to know?

I know that last statement may come off as bold and I apologize but hopfully it makes one person think.

God bless

[edit on 17-5-2007 by followerofchrist]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by followerofchrist

No. God loves all human beings! the things we do, or the sin we commit He does not love. Why? because we will 99% of the time make the wrong choice with out God leading us. It is very easy.

Come on, 99% of the time? I've made some bad choices in my life, yes, but I've made plenty of good ones too. And I don't believe in your god, I don't follow any lead.

That's selling short humanity, and also selling short your god. I thought theists believed that he gave us free will? Making the wrong choice automatically because we aren't following god precludes the idea of free will.

Do you believe we have free will, or don't you?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Blah-Blah-Blah. :shk: This thread is a joke, right? Who the...what the...I'm not even going to waste my time, or thoughts on this one. I don't think I can play nice here. I'll not be returning to your thread GreatTech, nor any others that you started. It seems as though you...forget it, I'm out.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wombat?

I will go to bat for almost anyone (parden the pun). lol

I, personally, am NOT 'stuck in my ways'.

I am a spiritual individual, and not tied down to religious dogmas as per se.

Even though I might quote from 'The Bible' and hold many of its 'truths' close to heart (keep in mind that these beliefs are what makes me - ME

We are ALL a product of our environment and up-bringing.

If it were not so, I wouldn't be typing these words to you.

If anything is different i.e. placed itself to be more prominent in my life - to be different otherwise, then there would in my logical mind, be different answers unto YOU.

I am who I am.

Therefore, the words I type, would, or would NOT, hold meaning to this discussion.

As in the famous words of Shakespeare:

Take it in the sense that thou wilst.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
followerofchrist,

So, because I am an athiest, therefore 99% of my decisions will be wrong? Sorry not borne out by history, personally for me, nor I suspect for all non-Christians.

The reason I am at odds with GreatTech, is that he uses his 'faith', professed to be Roman Catholic, as a shield for his hatred of all athiests. If you check out his previous posts and threads, they are all a collective attack upon one particular group of people - athiests - which, for some reason, he blames all the ills of the world. Apparently, according to the title of this thread, we are worse than Islamic extremists, for instance.

It is patently obvious that he does not hate Muslims, Jews, Hindus, but 'even blind Freddy' can see his hatred of athiests.

He has incorrectly ascribed the most outrageous actions and beliefs to athiests.

Whether he truelly believes that his own downfall and subsequent recovery are attributable to his belief are irrelevent and not a measure of what other people either believe or base their values or actions upon. This has been pointed out to him countless times, but he persists in attacking athiests in the most outrageous and ridiculous way.

So, you can see that GreatTech is not preaching a pro-Christian view, but an anti-athiest view. If it was an anti-Jewish view then that would be roundly condemned by all as preaching hate, but being anti-athiest, it appears, is not viewed as preaching hate. Please tell me why, in your opinion, this should be so.

In short, why does he get under my skin - for the very same reason that that the religion wrapped preachings of 'Osama bin Laden' get under my skin. Hatred dressed up in a religious cloak

The Winged Wombat

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The Duckster,

That's cool, there's no official reason why we should not agree on any particular point, is there.

The Winged Wombat

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The Winged Wombat

Do you love to use Christianity as a scapegoat for the problems you experience in life?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Winged Wombat
The Duckster,

That's cool, there's no official reason why we should not agree on any particular point, is there.

The Winged Wombat

Agreed...friend!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
the humbleone,

Not at all. I am married to a Roman Catholic (and a Scottish one at that), and we don't have a problem.

Any problems in my life (and there has been few, really) are totally attributable to my own actions.

If you seek my motivation, see my response to followerofchrist above.

I am not anti-Christian. I think it is a wonderful religion that does great things for it's followers. I can also see that it is responsible, in history, for the deaths of many millions of its non-followers. I don't confine that criticism to Christianity - Islam likewise, so on and so on.

Yes, I am anti something. I am anti the spreading of hate, whether it is anti-Jewish, anti-Islamic, anti-Hindu, anti-Black, anti-Palestinian or anti-atheist - it is all hate.

The Winged Wombat

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The Winged Wombat

Cool, just wondering because I have noticed a lot of atheists do this.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
...and if you read between the lines; they really want you to worship everything that spews from their mouths. Just another reason to stay atheist. I'd rather observe nature as it is.

Another generalized theory about Christians...
If you are correct in thinking that people created God so that they themselves would be worshiped... then why does the first commandment exist?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join