It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept. of Homeland Security: "You'll get a National ID and you'll Like it"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

Originally posted by malganis
Why not? The Brits are a load of pushovers these days, all we can do is go down the pub and moan to each other about what the government is doing. I doubt many people will actually stand up to them.

You watch, it will start with chipped national ID cards then there will be a large terror attack involving illegal immigrant terrorists so they will introduce body chipping.

I don know, i wouldn't underestimate the British people. Sure, for now we are being walked right over, but if someone were to alert everyone in this country, make people understand, unite everyone, then the government would be screwed over in a day

Like who? Who would British people listen to? It would have to be someone damn powerful if they're going to outspeak the government.

Most people understand that we were lied too quite intentionally about the Iraq WMD

Yet they still take the time to go and vote.

apc

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
You are missing the point...

It's mind control technology, they don't want you to know that.

The national ID is mind control? Or the RFID?

The national ID itself is a more effective method of mind control than RFID.

Mind control is psychology, not technology.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
I can't believe no one has replied to this yet.

Great thread

Personally i'm in favour of a national ID.From immigration to health care to law enforcement, all would benefit from a national ID.

I have to disagree. I don't believe citizens will reap any benefit whatsoever. I think it's a great idea for immigration, but I don't see how a national ID card can help the American citizen at all. What benefit will a national ID have over a driver's license or an insurance card? I fail to see the reasoning.

The next step will be to scan your national ID card when you open a checing account, sign a lease or buy a car. After that scan, the government will sell you life to the highest bidder because, "it looks as if 'Mrs. Smith' who lives at 123 Every St., Anytown, US was purchasing hair color at Walmart at 9:20 this morning and is in need of a oil change on her '96 Corrola." "Maybe we should notify Clairol, Castrol and Chase. They may want to give her a call, or maybe send out some coupons." "Better yet, lets see where she visits on the new 'Internet 2.0' we've built. We'll just pop up some banners and ads to suit her needs." "And be sure to notify those corporations of our 'good deeds', so we get paid."

It's just another attempt at collecting information and databasing our daily lives. Has everyone so quickly forgotten FaceBook?
www.albumoftheday.com...

Do you seriously think a National ID card will be any different?

[edit on 12-5-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disaray
big deal , i don't fly and i don't go into fed buildings .

that's great.

do you have a checking account? debit card? do you rent or own? plan on getting a new car anytime soon? if not a new car, how about renewing your plate?

don't you think it'd be pretty simple to fix security problems at airports and federal building compared to implementing an entire new National ID card? if you think this card will be soley used for those purposes I urge you to rethink this issue.

[edit on 12-5-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Well not exactly...

Television is technology, is it not?

Think of physiological impact of an implanted chip...

It's not hard to believe that they could control the minds of people

through physiological effects of the implant that would dictate the cooperation

Of the victims of chip implants.

apc

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The television itself is not responsible for thought manipulation. The information presented on it is.

We are not talking about implanted chips. We're talking about national ID cards and the possibility of their containing chips.

Either way, yes... it is hard to believe that such an RFID device could alter thought. Anyone with a sound understanding of the technology comes to the same conclusion. It's about as likely as my cordless phone or laptop forcing me to comply with the gooberment. Not gonna happen any time soon.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I didn't have time to read this yet but it talks about the possible physiological effects of the implants i think.

proceedings.informingscience.org...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
The television itself is not responsible for thought manipulation. The information presented on it is.

Regardless, it has brain washing capability and is technology.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They are constantly trying to assimilate the populations into submission, it's not hard to believe that they secretly developed a implant chip that will control peoples emotions and thoughts processing.

It's not even hard to believe that this would all be possible from satellites.

Learn from the past not to trust the government.....

[edit on 12-5-2007 by selfless]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The way i see it, impanted chips could act as a conduit for electronic information to be sent to the body, and not just acting as a barcode/serial number. How that would be achieved? I honestly don't know, but i think its a real possibility.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by teleonaut

Originally posted by Stormrider
Now, however, they are ready to start beta testing the chip and probably can have FDA approval for a full rollout by next year.

I take issue with that statement. The article on which you based that comment is nearly six years old -- the date on it says June 14, 2001. So it is misleading to suggest that "now" beta testing is about to begin. It appears as if you are saying this will happen this summer, which is, according to your source, not true. That article was followed up two days later by this article, which essentially stated that the implants were not being pursued.

Do you have a more recent source to suggest they are moving forward with human implantation of these devices?

/tn.

Yeah, sorry about that. The google reference page showed it updated May 11, 2007 and the date of May 14, 2007 was posted at the top of the article; somehow I overlooked the dateline. No worries, though, because they haven't abandoned their program of human implementation. Here's an article about the Digital Angel strategy that was written in 2002 and shows that chipping was already underway:

The people business model is based, according to Applied Digital, on Digital Angel's HomeAgain animal identification system. Vets and animal shelters were given free scanners, and there you go, some kind of critical mass brewing. It's also significant that three of the company's execs have been chipped, not because they have any ailments (not disclosed ones, anyway), but because they wanted "to demonstrate to the world our complete confidence in the success of this exciting, life-enhancing technology."

So although vertical markets are being targeted initially, really they want people to accept it as natural on the basis that's it's entirely positive, and everybody should have it done. The security potential is substantial, and the privacy issues come clanking along behind. It'd sure as hell be a pretty good way of expediting airline ticketing in these security-conscious days, and once we were on that particular slippery slope. You could chip the military, Saddam could chip his whole cabinet, inhabitants of secure communities could voluntarily chip themselves... First people injected with ID chips

There are also some very interesting bits of information included in their 2007 first quarter earnings report

Here's a story from 2004 detailing the Deal forged to equip VeriChip with GPS Verichip, Verisign & Digital Angel are all subsidiary companies of the same corporation, Applied Digital.

Here's another story from 2004 explaining that Digital Angel's chip cleared for use in humans

This one is more recent and reports on a Interfaith Prayer Vigil to Protest MicroChipping of Alzheimer's Patients taking place in Florida today.

Let's face it, the Digital Angel and Verichip implants have been used to track livestock, fish and even a few company personnel for several years now. They have failed to market the implant to the average person on the street for obvious reasons; the government is in love with the technology and ihas already given the go-ahead to incorporate GPS and satellite tracking technolgy with the digital angel and verichip products; and they are gearing up to use the implant in military personnel. How long before being "chipped" or "implanted" becomes mandatory for you and me? If they can get away with injecting tracking chips into 200 Alzheimers patients, what makes you think they can't get away with doing the same to you, without your knowledge, say while getting your routine flu vaccination or your childs booster shots? Putting RFID chips in drivers licenses and credit cards is just the beginning.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am having a hard time with the idea that anyone from the USA would agree blindly with a NATIONAL ID card of any type. The debate about immigration being a sell factor here is a weak argument. In the long run, this is about keeping tabs on everyone's behavior patterns.(buying selling, location, etc.....) NATIONAL ID is BIG BROTHER moving forward..

[edit on 12-5-2007 by amfree86]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I don't understand how you people talk about this secret NWO government like it is just fact and common knowledge or something. The Department of Homeland Security wants to have national ID cards, so you guys then automatically assume it is some secret world government that is really behind the idea?

There isn't even any real proof of an NWO or an Illuminati or whatever you guys want to call it. The only people who will tell you there is proof are conspiracy theorists. Do you really believe that if there was enough proof and evidence of these "secret governments" that millions of non-conspiracy theorists wouldn't also be outraged and talking about it?

Any time someone is asked to officialy PROVE that there is some kind of secret shadow government that is "really pulling the strings," they never can. And I don't mean give your little theories backed up by a few weblinks to conspiracy-related websites. I'm talking 100% proof. Like who makes up these governments? If they are real where are the member lists? What are the names and positions of every single person in these governments?

There is no such thing, you guys are just paranoid...

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Diplomat]

I disagree.. George H Bush used the phrase "new world order" in one of his speeches and the term the New World Order was created after the Communists started to try to protect their power base. They wanted world global control and wanted to plot the downfall of the US in order to protect their natural security. The term has been in use for a long time, actually. Do a search for "new world order" on google and then search for "george H Bush" and then you'll see a lot of speeches about the first gulf war. DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU CALL US PARANOID.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
We better pray to whatever God you believe in, and maybe a few that you don't believe in, that Ron Paul get elected president. All the other candidates look scary to me, because they will give you a national ID if it is left up to them.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Awesome thread!
I saw it late last night when my son woke up but didn't get a chance to reply until now. Anyway, when I read the WaPo article, the thing that freaked me out the most was this line, which in the article is almost a throwaway:

Real ID legislation was tacked onto a 2005 emergency spending bill by House Republicans, without Senate debate, and signed by President Bush. The bill's passage cut short negotiations between states and the federal government to improve driver's license security.

In other words, someone "snuck" this onto a bill having nothing to do with the subject, at least directly. And there seemed to be potential for reasonable compromise on this issue - instead, someone just snuck this through. Now, I know this is how things operate up on the Hill, but doesn't it seem awfully suspicious? For those of you asking for proof of a conspiracy of sorts, this is at least credible circumstancial evidence of some foul play. Anyone know how to find out who "tacked on" this legislation? I'm in the middle of finals or I'd hunt around. I'm curious though.

A few more angles on this that I haven't seen discussed - one of which is not conspiracy-related but I'll bring it up anyway. It sounds like this is an unfunded mandate to the states (seems to be par for the course these days, see No Child Left Behind, for starters). That'll piss off plenty of states, especially, I bet, the western ones, which don't like being told what to do anyway.

Another thing that's wrong with this technology, which I've seen mentioned a little bit, is my same problem with it being in passports. Conceivably, anyone with an RFID reader (read: identity theives) could brush up against your pocket/purse, activate this, and steal your info. That should bother even people who don't beleive any of the NWO/etc. conspiracies.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

This is a efing farce.....

Say no to the microchips...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NineSquared
In other words, someone "snuck" this onto a bill having nothing to do with the subject, at least directly.

Yeah, they knew it was going to be voted down, so they attached it to the bill to provide armor to the troops right before it went to vote. They did not sneak it on there, everyone knew it was there, but no one was going to dare be the person who voted down a bill to protect the troops. They were afraid their constituents would have voted them out of office over it. My boss and I watched this going on, and he was an ex-lobbyist for the healthcare industry. He swore up and down it was going to be voted out, and I kept telling him they would find a way to pass it. Sure enough, they did just that. As I said above it is a conspiracy, I knew it was a conspiracy before it became a law, I knew they would find a way to pass it, and I know nothing is going to stop it at this stage.

[edit on 5/12/2007 by defcon5]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

ever heard of Jose Delgado?

he used electrodes in the brains of test animals (and humans) to modify behaviour and movement.

see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

mindcontrolforums.com...

a book by the guy:
www.angelfire.com...

there are varius forms of mind control, brainwashing is just one way to do it.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
Personally i'm in favour of a national ID.From immigration to health care to law enforcement,all would benefit from a national ID.

I would like to know exactly how this is supposed to curb or stop illegal immigration anyway. In my opinion, this is nothing but an excuse to implement a tracking device upon the citizenry of this country.

I agree. This is merely an official tracking device and won't provide much help with the expansion of illegal entries. Ugh.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
in most parts of the world, everyone has a national ID..

get real lah..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join