It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jerusalem planned

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

New Jerusalem planned

news.bbc.co.uk

The Israeli authorities are planning to build three new Jewish neighbourhoods in East Jerusalem, an area regarded as occupied land under international law.

He said Israel had to choose between settlements or peace, but could not have both.

This has not been recognised by the international community. Palestinians hope to establish the capital of their future state in the East Jerusalem.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If Israel had a choice between peace and building a new settlement... why not choose peace? And this move was also not recognized by the others...

To me it looks like Israel doesn't want peace and wants more space/territory. And the Arabs want them out of the ME. Weird.

Got comments?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah, Israel is just speeding up the inevitable, that is, their own destruction. The IDF showed themselves to be completely incompetent last summer, the top leadership is 100% corrupt, and Israel's been losing territory since 1979.

It's only a matter of time...

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Heh, I'm on someone's signature...how flattering.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Bad move for Israel, if they keep on pushing like this, eventually something's gonna push back, and they won't like it.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by bartholomeo]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
New settlements in Jerusalem not a "New Jerusalem"

just like to point that out.

Nothing will come about of this, both UK and US have been vocal to Israel. All sides wish them to stop.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bartholomeo
if they keep on pushing like this, eventually something's gonna push back,

Everyone has been and continues to 'push back' against Israel .. no matter what Israel does or doesn't do. This won't change anything.

Originally posted by uberarcanist
The IDF showed themselves to be completely incompetent last summer,

Do you mean by going into Lebanon? Actually, the Israeli Government showed RESTRAINT. Israel is a nuclear nation and could have completely wiped Lebanon and Syria off the face of the Earth. They didn't. They went in and cleaned out terrorist positions that had been planning and carrying out attacks against Israel.

Israel had every right to go into Lebanon. They were not 'incompetent',
they were showing self restraint.

Or were you referring to something other than Lebanon??

Originally posted by The_unraveller
it looks like Israel doesn't want peace and wants more space/territory.

Ever hear of the Camp David meetings that Clinton set up? Clinton got Israel to give the 'Palestinians' 99% of everything they wanted .. but the 'Palestinians' refused to accept it because they weren't given ALL of Jerusalem in the deal. The 'Palestinians' didn't want to share.

There will NEVER be peace in that region and it isn't because of Israel.
It's because the 'Palestinians' won't allow it.
Did you see the 'terror mouse' childrens show???
Farfur. Google him up. Disgusting.

Edited to add - ATS discussion of Farfur

[edit on 5/11/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Israel does not want peace.

Israel was created for the SOLE purpose of igniting tensions in the ME, in order to create the scenario we have at present, where the world can be united against the "islamist terrorists".

Not that the Zionists are in control of course. They are merely playing their own part in this global game of "human dominance", and they would willingly sacrifice every last Israeli for money and power.

Ironic that Israel is supposed to be a safe haven for jewish people... yet its brought alot together all in one place, a prime target for a holocaust of epic proportions.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
israel has chosen its path and that is to continue stealing land from the palistains (atleast the property and so on the nazis stole from jews were returned to their family (almost all) )

the israelis on the other hand can do as they please (not like the world stage can do anything aslong as the US backs the zionest regieme)

This act by the israelis just goes to show they arent intrested in peace and just conflict. one hand they ask palistains not to attack or defend them selves while they occupy more terrortry and destroy more palistain homes.

dont know how people can justify israels actions

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It seems to me that there is a concerted effort by some group to rush their preconceived "Armageddon" scenario. Wait for it, it's coming. Unfortunately, for that side of the world, the Middle East, it's not going to be nice. Between the radical Muslims and Israel, it's going to cause that whole region to be left in shambles.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
America will be the defenders of the Jewish people, but, I do believe that the Israeli government, along with all other governments in that region, will ultimately collapse.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
America will be the defenders of the Jewish people, but, I do believe that the Israeli government, along with all other governments in that region, will ultimately collapse.

untill the US econemy goes down the toilet and they cant afford to protect Israel or when the US has better intrests to take care of

i have a question for you seaker (please go to faith forum in 2 min) thanks

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

untill the US econemy goes down the toilet and they cant afford to protect Israel or when the US has better intrests to take care of

It's funny that you should say that when the Dow is t it's highest point in the history of the United states.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It's funny that you should say that when the Dow is t it's highest point in the history of the United states.

abit off topic

no empire lasts for ever and with the rising giants the US is losing lots of money to them

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Israel will do exactly what they want to and when they want to.

And at the end of the day, America will have their back and nothing will ever change this.

It does not matter if a Republican, Democrat or even an Independent is in office - everything stays the same.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

dont know how people can justify israels actions

don't know how people can justify 'Palestinian' action :shk:

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
"islamist terrorists".

:shk: amazing. putting islamic terrorists in quotes .. like they dont' exist.

Radical Islamic Terror Attacks starting with the most recent and working back. Read up.

HAMAS Terror Attacks This will take a while to read. It’s a rather LONG list … but considering that HAMAS is a terrorist organization .. it’s not surprising that it’s long.

[edit on 5/11/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

2 years before the crash in 1929 the DOW also set similar records so if history is consistent as usual then I see the current bubble bursting in a similar matter and because of the current situation even worse then 29's crash.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity

2 years before the crash in 1929 the DOW also set similar records so if history is consistent as usual then I see the current bubble bursting in a similar matter and because of the current situation even worse then 29's crash.

Well, I am no expert on the economy.

I will say this, if there ever is another depression, I don't think 70% of the people would survive through it. People are week nowadays, both physically and emotionally. They aren't hardened like people were back in the 1920s and 1930s.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

don't know how people can justify 'Palestinian' action :shk:

simple close to 5 million people living in an area which is suppose to be for a population way under that size

slow (almost no) economic growth since trade is hard as israel controls it

israel grabs more land by planting new settlements making it harder for a palistain state

israel controls almost all aspects of palistain lives

israel seems to have the right to attack palistains when they like even during ceasfires where palistains arent allowed to defend them selves

so to sum it up its very easy

i would really love to see all the pro israelis and their familes suffering like the palistains and see what its like

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
US is obligated to protect Israel at all costs, thanks to the World Bank leader Paul Wolfowitz, and his creation of the "Wolfowitz Doctrine."

From other articles, I've read that an English embassy is located in the region that Israel wants to construct settlements on, and the UK has been asking Israel not to build on that land as well.

Honestly, why does anyone even bother to tell Israel anything anymore? Israel is like a rebellious teenager with angst against their parents. They wont listen to any advice and they will do everything their own way.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by DJMessiah]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join