It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Flashes 'El Diablo' Hand Signal During Queen's Visit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
M74

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
He was probably just fidgeting when they took the photo.

The simplest answer is almost always the correct one.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
please post a link that says otherwise: but I dont think Bush ever went to the University of Texas, therefore making this whole Hook Em Longhorns! explanation lose all credibility.

besides, hes not even from Texas, hes from upscale Connecticut, went to school in Massachusetts, and then again Connecticut (Yale). The Bush family are all blue bloods, i dont understand how anyone can think of Bush as a Texan.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by scientist]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
After seeing the picture I'd guess he was thinking about "2 fingers of Scotch." He certainly couldn't have chosen any better imo.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't read anything into the El Diablo hand signal other than the President was having a in-joke with a member of the press corps or his staff. He was slyly smirking his way through all his appearances with the Queen and obviously playing up to someone. Mrs Bush said that she & Condi had to force him to have a white tie reception for the woman who is, after all, head of state of the USA's greatest allies. And made that public too.

And the Queen's kept waiting on the airplane on her arrival for 20 mins because the red carpet isn't ready, that buffoon nearly suggests she visited USA in 1776 (I'm sure he did that deliberately), he speaks to her as if she's some lady texan ranch hand and leaves her on her feet following a toast at the White House dinner.

I don't know if this foolery is just an act or whether he really is as dumb as people make out. He's got all the diplomatic skills of an amoeba. It's not gone down too well this side of the pond that's for sure.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
it looks like he is using his thumb to crack his middle and ring finger, i do that all the time, it is not a "conspiracy" or any of that crap.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
please post a link that says otherwise: but I dont think Bush ever went to the University of Texas, therefore making this whole Hook Em Longhorns! explanation lose all credibility.

besides, hes not even from Texas, hes from upscale Connecticut, went to school in Massachusetts, and then again Connecticut (Yale). The Bush family are all blue bloods, i dont understand how anyone can think of Bush as a Texan.

Um...if you had read all of the posts in this thread you will see that he lives in Texas, His Wife and daughters went to UT and he was the Governor of Texas...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
After seeing the picture I'd guess he was thinking about "2 fingers of Scotch." He certainly couldn't have chosen any better imo.

Two Fingers Tequlia....much better

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

He was the Governor of Texas.
He is a lifelong resident of Texas.
He is major sports fan.
He has never made a secret of his being a Longhorns fan.
Did you read the thread and view the links?

Grabbing at straws, aren't you? Texans are proud of their heritage. What is wrong with that? This has nothing to do with his politics. This is just blind hate rearing its ugly head.

Send this powerless relic of centuries of evil up here and I'll take her fishing. No servants, no phony Barbie dress-up clothes and no entourage. Make sure she brings some good outdoor clothing. I won't clean her fish for her or bow to her, but maybe she would recover just a little form her delusions of grandeur. It would do her good to clean a toilet or weed a garden on her knees once in a while. Her only power is in those foolish enough to bow to her. Its like some sort of bizarre worship. Shes just an old snob. Its sad but not as sad as the fact people still care about these fake titles and those who play like they are real Royalty.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I can't disagree with most of that, however, I would have to ask one question: Is it a requirement that he have attended UT to be a fan of the school or their teams?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

And the Queen's kept waiting on the airplane on her arrival for 20 mins because the red carpet isn't ready...

Perish the thought...remember in the USA she is not our Queen...just an old bat in a silly hat ! We have earned the right to treat her like a commoner

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This image explains everything.

President Bush can't get it together long enough for a photograph section with the Queen of England, and yet we expect him to have it together to the point where he can manage a war? This clearly shows his impulse mentality. Am I comfortable with an impulse guy running the nation? I like someone who can make EDUCATED decisions and flashing the longhorns while taking a picture next to the Queen, for example, is NOT an educated decision in my book.

It kills me that the leader of my nation, our global representative to America, is a dope. I am, on a daily basis, embarassed to call him President.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that George Bush is responsible for the bulk of problems in the world. I don't believe he is to blame for the Katrina aftermath. I don't blame him for sitting in class for seven minutes after he was told about WTC. I don't blame him for the tornado in Kansas and I don't even point the finger at him when talking we're talking about the Iraq catastrophe. Well, maybe a little.

But that's not the point. The point is that The United States is already an old broke down Chevy limping into town, and now we have a drunk behind the wheel!

Honestly, i'm surprised we're as well off as we are after 7 years of this.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

Honestly, i'm surprised we're as well off as we are after 7 years of this.

We survived 8 years with the reprobate Arkansas trailer park reject Clinton...7 years of Bush is a walk in the park.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
And the Queen's kept waiting on the airplane on her arrival for 20 mins because the red carpet isn't ready...

...suggests she visited USA in 1776...

...he speaks to her as if she's some lady texan ranch hand...

...leaves her on her feet following a toast at the White House dinner...

...I don't know if this foolery is just an act or whether he really is as dumb as people make out. He's got all the diplomatic skills of an amoeba. It's not gone down too well this side of the pond that's for sure.

[Broken down to illustrate your points]

Here's what our friends in the UK don't understand-

We regard the Crown with a certain amount of indignance and disdain. We were your colonies, we rebelled, and we won the war, and gained our independence. Purely from a ceremonial point of view, The President of the United States, being the proxy of the independent people of the United States, has the right to act more cavalierly towards this particular head of state, to illustrate that we do not, and have not for more than 200 years, recognize the authority of the King or Queen of the UK.

Originally posted by Blaine91555
...powerless relic of centuries of evil...

Wow. I'm going to use that....

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
And here's what you guys don't perhaps understand;

You won a war of independence because we fought with some restraint (and a fair bit of incompetence) because at the time we were fighting our fellow-countrymen. If we'd fought dirty you would have lost - that time.

It was a long, long time ago, you've fought many, many wars since so just get over it and stop banging on about it.

The Indians, for example, don't go on and on about it and use it to excuse rudeness - why should you be the only ones 'justified' to do so?

The Queen is our Monarch, she represents our nation and our 1,000+ years of independence.

The Queen is too polite to respond in chimp-like kind and put the oaf in his place but the point will be made in future that he's incurred her displeasure - whether he'll be smart enough to pick up on this is, at best, doubtful.

Taking the piss out of our Monarch is one thing that will rile most englishmen and for it to come from your head of state is disgraceful.

I know it's just one buffoon and not a whole nation but it's a damning & public indication of the value of loyalty.

Must go, off to burn a flag or two

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
It is obvious that he is saying he just gave the Queen "The Shocker"
Judging from the look on her face I think she fancied it.

that just made me puke in my mouth

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

We survived 8 years with the reprobate Arkansas trailer park reject Clinton...7 years of Bush is a walk in the park.

How many troops died on Clinton's watch?

7 years of Bush has been an absolute nightmare for the people of Iraq. This time has been more than kind to muslim extremists, giving them reason after reason to keep fighting against us. Every soldier that dies, every question a reporter asks not only serves to discredit Bush more, but it serves to empower muslim extremists around the world. His loose fix on foreign policy, his ridiculous admissions ("I don't read books"), his slow response time and his shady administration have done nothing but marr the otherwise stellar name of America on the global stage.

Don't assume I have even a sliver of support for the Democrats. The Clintons are just as Shady as the Bush Administration, and I consider another President Clinton to be the worst choice for America in 2008. Don't offend me by assuming everyone is red or black, and that i'm just anyone.

Bush shoots from the hip, and that's what people have always liked about him. He needs to level out that barrel, though, because he keeps shooting himself in the foot.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This site is way out there but provides many pictures of people giving "Long Horns" sign.

Just look at the pictures and ignore the content if you wish.

www.jesus-is-savior.com...&%20Witchcraft/signs_of_satan.htm

I find it unlikely that all of those people in high places are Long Horn fans. The bands listed are probably just giving the "rock n roll" sign. But for some of those politicians it makes you go wtf.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

How many troops died on Clinton's watch?

Perhaps this will enlighten you regarding that question:

In the time period from the invasion of Iraq in March 2003 through now, we have lost a total of 3,140 soldiers (military personnel) . As tragic as the loss of any soldier is, consider this: below is a list of deaths of soldiers while actively serving in the U.S. armed forces from 1980 through 2004:

FIGURES ARE CONFIRMED ON DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SITE

1980 2,392

1981 2,380

1982 2,319

1983 2,465

1984 1,999

1985 2,252

1986 1,984

1987 1,983

1988 1,819

1989 1,636

1990 1,507

1991 1,787

1992 1,293

1993 1,213

1994 1,075

1995 1,040

1996 974

1997 817

1998 827

1999 796

2000 758

2001 891

2002 999

2003 1,410 534*

2004 1,887 900*

2005 919*

2006 920*

* Figures are Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom fatalities only

Does this really mean that the loss from the two current conflicts in the Middle East are LESS than the loss of military personnel during Mr. Clinton's presidency? Were we at war?

Now, are you confused when you look at these figures? I was. Especially when I saw that in 1980, during the reign of President "Nobel Peace Prize" himself, there were 2,392 military fatalities of U.S. soldiers.

What this clearly indicates is that our media and our liberal politicians pick and choose, and they tend to present only those facts that support their agenda driven reporting.

[edit on 5/10/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
And here's what you guys don't perhaps understand...

I understand it, but don't get so riled and emotional.

This was your monarch on our soil. Should their roles have been reversed, meaning our President visiting your Queen, then yes, even I would have been insulted. However, if it was a Presidential visit to England, I am sure that the proper people would have been insistent enough that he wouldn't have been so cavalier.

Listen, I like your damp little island. Been there on more than a few occasions and like the people a lot. I respect the reverence you have not only for your Queen (who has earned it), but for the title itself. However, when she is here, expect a little irreverence on occasion, regardless of who is our President.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The 3 times I have seen Bush in person somebody in the crowd always flashed the horns or yelled "Hook'em Horns" and he responds in kind.

I believe your theory is more plausible, like a bush trademark, to remind us all that he is still as stupid as he was last time

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join