It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Gas Prices Go Down Again??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

For a lot of people around where im from in east tennesse, moving do not have an option to use public transportation or move closer to work and move closer to town. i work at a circuit city where a year ago people would drive 75 or more miles just to come in and shop and buy movies cause it was the closest store to them. customers would come in from north carolina, virginia, and kentucky plus come from rural areas in tennessee. now since gas has gone to 4 bucks our customer flow has slowed tremendosly and those customers coming in from all over very rarley come in any more.
what are people going to do when gas gets to expensive to drive to work . and you cant say use public transportation cause not everyone has access to public transportation. most of the people i work with live 15-40 miles away. they dont drive that far for the pay cause the pay sucks its because there are no jobs availabe where they live. walking isnt much of an option either for these people or the people who live close to work cause of lack of sidewalks and any place to walk without getting run over.

since our socety runs on gas how is society going to function when no one can afford to drive to work or afford to drive to places to buy anything. i say this will cause a lot of companys go under within 2 yrs if gas raises to much

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rm8471
Where are you getting that it's almost $4.00/gallon? I'm genuinely curious.

It's still $2.70's to $2.80's here. I just paid $2.79/gallon, and I thought that was wretched.

As to "the $2 range," I guess anything from $2.00 to $2.99 qualifies, unfortunately.

I'm sure, in the not too distant future, we'll be over $3.00/gallon.

PS - I'm in South Carolina.

I wish it was back down to those prices. Here I started to work so I can keep my house, and here if gas prices go up much more I won't be able to afford to go to work and make house payments let alone all the other bills and food costs added.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hello,

Today it is 4.04 in average nationwide. One year after the first post.

SURPRISE!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

I live here is washington and gas is $4.50 a gallon whats up with that when will it go down

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Every summer oil companies do the same trend. Last summer it got over $3/gallon. Never went back. This summer its well on its way to getting over $4 a gallon. They will use that and wont get much lower. Only hope we got is the bill thats floating around congress right now gets passed that it wont be allowed over liek $2.75(i think thats it) for the next 7 years. But you can bet your bucks that they will make it up somewhere else. And it wont be that much lower then $2.75 even with that law. If it ever even goes under $2.75

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i think it is all a bunch of BULL SH**!!! b/c soo we won't be able to afford gas at all and well will basically have to live off of the land like we used to. while there up there living in rich homes we are stuggling to get our electricty bills paid much less gas because of the economy is sooo freaking bad! some one needs to do something and NOW!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Im sorry but hearing all you Americans crying about the price of GAS makes me laugh,try living in the UK where the price of a Gallon is about $10

oh..UK the island where everything needs to be imported? and you mean how its so expensive in europe where most of the money goes back to the people when they get a year off for having a baby and "free" daycare servies at work and national health care services...nothing is free.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
NOpe...the only way for the prices too go down is if we riot about the situation or stop spending for at least a day or two too get the attention of these PIGS!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The governments of the world need to step in and take control of the situation. I think speculation is driving the price with even the big banks buying futures to cover their ascots, and in todays volatile world, even rumors of some unrest or impending hurricane can be sure to make those futures pay off, especially if a rumor is started on the very same day the futures become good. If the government really wanted to bring the price of oil down, they would stop allowing futures to be the driving force behind oil. But there are too many people making obscene profits off of it for this to ever happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I completely agree with you. May I also add that, our president Bush is also to be blamed for the outrages prices. He most definitely brought our economy down. The high prices of 4$ a gallon make me not want to drive anymore. Our economy is horrible now period.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I Live in scottsdale AZ and gas prices are outrageous! I pay $4.22 or higher a gallon and i can barely afford to go anywhere anymore.Even then its way too hot to go out.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Shoot im down in Texas right now its up to 3.97 a gallon. I just think we need to drill in Alaska instead of relying on the arabs for gas... they the reason its high they demanding too much for it but we keep payin... START DRILLING!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

O crap!! IMAO! Yea I feel you guys I am 17. I have wrote in to local news companies numerous times regarding gas prices and yet they do nothing but I have some things planned that may get some attention! Im really getting sick of hearing complaints about gas prices when no-one is attempting to change anything about them! Some people may hate me for writing this but o, well! Have the people out there have did this crap to themeselves by voting Bush into office!! And those thinking of voting McCain are gonna do the same damn thing! If you dont like gas prices protest! It takes one movement to move a nation, we have seen it dont before, dont think it cant be done again! BTW people I reside in NC and gas here is $3.97 thats mid-grade, I drive a Acura Cl 3.0 and it costs me around the $70 dollar mark to fill up about once a week. Thats just shameful!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Text Red
why is gas so high?
well it evert go down

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Text Red
why is gas so high?
well it evert go down