learn more

Will Gas Prices Go Down Again??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

We're at $4.15 now, we haven't been under $3.62 in I don't know how long!! And it was only that low for a couple of weeks before it's now jumped back up. I can't remember the last time I saw gas under $2!
It's ridiculous!! I drive a car that gets at least 30 miles a gallon and I couldn't imagine driving anything that gets worse!

P.S., I live in Northern Indiana

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"Nevertheless, it might be a good thing too if it gets people to move closer to work where they can walk / bike or use the public transport. This thing has been coming' for a long time with the way modern society burns oil like there's no tomorrow."

It's not all about you walking or bike or what ever you do to get to work, the bigger picture is the negative impact it has on the US economy and world economy. Oil is the best thing we have NOW. I am so sick of hear things like "this is exactly what America needed", like some Luddite that wants to put us back to the 17th century. Who are you to say we can't burn oil, is it yours to control? No, it's not yours or the governments, unless that is you are a communist and in case move to Venezuela or China. We need to drill now.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Try 19 mpg....yeah...too bad that we live somewhere that requires a truck with 4wd.

Luckily?, my car broke down and is now in the heaven where all bad cars go....the salvage yard. So at least now we only have 1 vehicle to gas up.

Here in Western Maryland we're looking at $3.69 to $3.83 for regular...depending on which station you go to.

Can't believe that when I first started driving gas was 99 cents a gallon.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's hitting up close to $4.20 a gallon here in the Metro-Atlanta Area.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
In Milwaukee our gas prices from about 4.19 in Sept. to average 3.45, but I have paid as low as 3.32....I hope it gets even lower.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Gas is bewteen 3.29 and 3.65 here in san antonio

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well I live in fargo, ND and gas has dropped over 50 cents in the last week to settle at $2.89 and I'm sure its because crude oil has fallen from the record $147 to around $90. I wouldn't be happy if the gas station around my area wasn't going down because there is no reason for it not to be. Every other day gas goes down 7-10 cents here. It's nothing to do with politics yet....the offshore drilling ban is no longer with us and all the gulf coast is back up and running and lower crude prices mean it should come down at least another $0.25 here anyway

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
guess you are EATING your words

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Fuel taxes in the United States vary by state. For the first quarter of 2008, the average state gasoline tax is 28.6 cents per US gallon, plus 18.4 cents per US gallon federal tax making the total 47 cents per US gallon

Keeping that in mind... know that In Nymex trading, today, Nov,3rd 08...gasoline futures slipped more than 3 cents to $1.46 a gallon That's for December delivery... when you add the .47 cent tax we should see gas selling for 1.93 but the end of the month.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Big oil is getting the price of gas down for the elections so everyone will feal good when they cast their vote. Now they can use HAARP and let us have nice weather for the election. Unseanonably, warm weather for the elections for Missouri. For Missouri always chooses the President.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
wow, its 2.29 and 2.12 down here in New Orleans. I thought it was in the $2 all over the country because they wanted to make gas cheaper so people wouldn't complain anymore because of election day. I guess i was wrong considering some people are still paying 4 bucks!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I was able to fill up both cars yesterday at murphy oil outside wal-mart in Alabama for $1.86/gal. I honestly didn't think I'd ever see a 1-handle on gas ever again. But guess what, with the economic uncertainty we are currently facing we are going to keep the same driving habits we were using when gas was around $4 a gallon. Keeping it at the speed limit, no unnecessary driving, and handling as much business/shopping as possible on trips into town. Gas coming down as much as it has is almost like getting a pay raise and will help us give our daughter a nice Christmas this year.

I don't expect prices to remain this low for very long, though especially with the likelihood of an Obama admin and the upcoming Breton Woods II talks.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I know this thread is old, but here is the deal.

1. Does anyone but me find it awefully suspicious that gas prices started plummeting right when the stock market turned sour?
2. When OPEC took 1.5 billion barrels off of the market in October gas kept going down despite the fact that 1.5 billion barrels were taken out of supply? If it were purely supply and demand then gas prices should have gone up, but they didnt.
3. In November OPEC took ANOTHER 1.5 billion barrels out of the market, but gas prices continued to die. Now we are 3 billion barrels short but prices are still low.
4. Friday the market rallied over 400 points, and today the market rallied ANOTHER 400 points. But for some strange reason Gas suddenly shot up $5 a barrel?????? WTF! How does a commodity jump $5 a barrel in ONE freakin day?!? That is NOT supply and demand folks.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Im HAPPY to report I just paid 1.63 per gallon for my gas, right in the heart of Salt Lake City Utah.

Now if food prices could just drop........we might have a nice holiday.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join