It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Gas Prices Go Down Again??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kpatrickm
Im sorry but hearing all you Americans crying about the price of GAS makes me laugh,try living in the UK where the price of a Gallon is about $10

[edit on 22-5-2008 by kpatrickm]

What would you be doing if gas in the UK went from about $10 to around $20 a gallon in 6 months or so? Would you be doing any less crying? I doubt it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

weel thats why.... im in tampa and it 3.85

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

weel thats why.... im in tampa and it 3.85

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Realy when i hear Americans crying about the gasoline prices at $2.79/gal
I begin to laugh real hard $2.79 how cheap do you want it..lol, that equates
to 70cents a liter Australian......sheesh i wish gasoline was that cheap for us, the last time we saw gasoline that cheap was 3 and a half years ago today they said on the news that they expect the fuel price to jump in the not to distant future $2.00/ Ltr thats 8.00/gal USA and there talking about $12.00/gal by
the end of the year, just in time for Christmas not bad for a society that still produces 6Ltr chevy engine for their basic cars....lol

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
as for the original question "when we will see gas prices come down " well
when we the people of this world unite and tell OPEC to stick the gas where it fits.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Prices here went up $0.32 overnight last night. Was $3.98/gal for regular, now is $4.30/gal for regular.

It will be $5, $6, $7 before we know it. It will not come down. The increase is part of the plan to consolidate wealth and remove some of the population. We will see dramatic economic repercussions.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hate to be the cryin American but.. in the UK and Australia you tend to get payed better then your average American. Try going to college(for you Uk folk) and owing 200,00 dollars, which to you is 400,000 PLUS living expenses, taxation through the roof and all of a sudden spending 50 dollars a fill up on a small tank and (as with my truck) 150 dollars. A fill up lasting a week and pay at a good job for me over taxes only hitting 400 dollars that 350 dollars left to (or less if I drive the truck, plus I fill up both tanks, go figure... so even less)

!. Food
2. Bills
3. Pets
4. Owe to other expenses

I make A LOT more then the average american and I still dont make much

(25 dollars an hour with 35 ovetime, which I pull regularly, taxes are 0 0, meaning I pay full so come tax time I get payed a large chunk to make up for lost ground)

As much as I'd like to let you call us crying.. you get payed for college often, we pay A LOT for ours.

Not so sure about Australia though, so you may have it worse then us for all I know.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by The Bear Man]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
well i live in Jefferson City Tn..the cheap gas is 3.79 most expensive is 4.05 its ridiculous!!!!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Gas in Riverside CA is 4.19 for the cheapest... can u guys stop bitching and moaning and comparing how bad each other's country is? Cool maybe UK and Austrilians do have is worse but guess what... i dont live there and 4.19 compared to what it used to be is #ty for me... so HOW LONG TILL THE GAS PRICES GO DOWN!?!?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Same here, gas went up $0.25 over night.

2 Major car delerships just went out of buesiness this week on our main car dealer street! Our Humvee Dealer, and our GM Dealer, who sells only SUV/Trucks.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What I noticed when I lived in Germany was that gas was expensive on the economy, but they had a great public transportation system, even in the small town I lived in. A town the same size in the US doesn't have squat and you're screwed if you don't have a vehicle.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
around here gas is 3.80 cents a gallon average and you know that the oil companies which clain that they are not making much on each gallon of gas which is bs are getting rich off of there supposed 40 cents a gallon on 2.30 cents a gallon gas and now it is almost 4.00/gallon it is now 80 cents per gallon tax which is supposedly for fixing roads and our crumbling bridges yeah right. you also now that president bush isn't going to do anything because he is getting a fat wallet off of the high gas prices this is insanity and we have to find a way to make them drop gas prices other than to go to stations that are not run by exxon/mobil. any other suggestions would be great.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

wow that must be nice im in santa cruz, ca. and gas is at 4.09

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

Well i live in new york and the gas price is over $4 and i live near an indian reservation and without tax the gas is still 3.90

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

gas is at $4.10 here in Western New York. Cigarettes are also about $6 a pack. these prices are killing western new yorkers, especially when no one has money becasue there are no jobs due to buffalo being such a depressed city.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well ... I live in Southern California and Unleaded Gas is 4.39 a gallen!!
..... its almost 100 dollers to fill up my Van.. and its a loong drive to work its like im spending 15 bucks a day just to go to work! and all the indipendent truckers here are goin insane... selling there rigs cuz they cant afford the Gas and nothings getting dileverd... what are they trying to do! were gunna spirl down word into a 2nd great depression

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rm8471
Where are you getting that it's almost $4.00/gallon? I'm genuinely curious.

It's still $2.70's to $2.80's here. I just paid $2.79/gallon, and I thought that was wretched.

As to "the $2 range," I guess anything from $2.00 to $2.99 qualifies, unfortunately.

I'm sure, in the not too distant future, we'll be over $3.00/gallon.

PS - I'm in South Carolina.

Congrats on your gas prices in south carolina!!!!!! Maybe I should drive there to gas up next time. I live in oregon and a week ago I paid $3.79 a gallon in portland....today the cheapest I could find was $3.97 with the average price over $4.00.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

where i live in california it is $4.50 per gallon

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join