It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Gas Prices Go Down Again??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
HAHA wow it is $3.69 for unleaded in Dallas, Tx.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
its long been time for revolution! we are being taxed every way you can be imagined. The government is corrupt 100% liberals are idiot democrats only want votes and republicans can't get anything done for all the bickering from the democrats! the fact that our current democrat congress has done NOTHING for us only highlights these facts. when gas prices should have been capped where were they?? The future looks grim people. we must wake up and take over! get these old farts out of senate and cogress! Kerry, Kennedy should have been gone eons ago. if you see that they are worthless GET RID OF THEM! don't vote for them! half these idiots want open borders! are we not giving enough wasted money out to welfare already? now they want to take care of amigo and his country?? people should be BOILING MAD! today the democrats want to give stimulus checks to illegals. WTF?? do we really need to reward people breaking the damn law?? gas will not go down as long as they know we will pay for it and as long as liberals and democrats deny us to drill for new deposits!!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Nope they wont go down anytime soon. They will actually reach 10.00 a gal by the end of the year. Everyone needs to get a bike I guess

This royally sucks!!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

gas prices here inthe bay area are just above 4$ a gallon, for low grade!!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Hi my name is Nicole and i was curious to know how you know that this will happen? I mean everyone is speaking of some kind of war that is waiting to be established sooner or later due to the gas prices. Or aka oil and all of its mad customers. Also you make it sound like if people dont do what you say now it will be a shocker.. how so?

Email snip.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by dbates]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If you're waiting for a war then look no further than Iraq. I'm not one that believes that 9/11 was a set-up, but I do think that it was used to it's maximum extent to position U.S. troops in the vicinity of the world's oil supply. That can't be any kind of a surprise can it?

Will prices go down? It's not likely that they will China, India, and the likes are waking up to oil and what it can do for their economy. They're not likely to give it up so even if we stop using it as much, they'll be there to pick up the slack. Prices will stay high and get higher.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rm8471
Where are you getting that it's almost $4.00/gallon? I'm genuinely curious.

It's still $2.70's to $2.80's here. I just paid $2.79/gallon, and I thought that was wretched.

As to "the $2 range," I guess anything from $2.00 to $2.99 qualifies, unfortunately.

I'm sure, in the not too distant future, we'll be over $3.00/gallon.

PS - I'm in South Carolina.

Wow!!
I was surprised that he stated that it was almost $4.00 a gallon too.
But thats because I also live in NY and pay OVER $4.00 a gallon.
My car requires super, so I have to shell out about $.30 more a gallon on average compared to regular, but even so I see the regular creeping very close to $4.00 where I live.
I put a half a tank for about $40.00 once a week and everytime I go to fill up the price is another dime or quarter more per gallon.

Well, I`m no hater so I wish you don`t get to see the same prices we are seeing here in NY in SC.

Maybe I`ll rent a tanker and take a ride down 95 and bring some $2.79 a gallon gas back to NY.
I wonder if I could legally do that.
I do have a CDL class B with tank endorsements as well as hazmat.

Anyone know if that would be legal, assuming that price for gas in SC is correct?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think you all saw Bush try to go negotiate lower oil prices with the Saudi's.. They basically said no way we like your American Dollars in big piles in our basement.

I think the big question is - will gas prices go down before or after electric cars take over?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
If you're waiting for a war then look no further than Iraq. I'm not one that believes that 9/11 was a set-up, but I do think that it was used to it's maximum extent to position U.S. troops in the vicinity of the world's oil supply..

The biggest problem I have with this statement is the fact that the worlds largest oil supply lies in Alaska.

Why would we need to place massive numbers of troops in the ME just for oil?

Is it all part of the show?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

There are two possibilities. One is that as you say, we still have lots of oil. Perhaps we're trying to use up everyone else's oil first so we have some left over in the end.

The other scenario is that we are all running short on oil. Really, not that we're running out as in empty. Just that people are starting to notice that supply can not keep up with demand.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hi Nicole. I didn't say that I knew it would happen. I was referring to an interview with Soros, the progressive billionair and he said he believed it would go down, so you would have to ask him that question I guess.

As far as the rest of my post (I just re-read it, and I understood it, of course I wrote it so...) I was suggesting that if we as a people make the changes now to begin conserving energy and doing things like moving close to where we work and shop so we can walk and bike rather than burn expensive fuel, we would be easing the shock that otherwise is going to really hit people hard when those fuel and energy prices really head up...I was saying, if we get used to doing things differently now, we won't be forced to later.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

You said that the largest oil supply in the world is up in Alaska, and thus used that as a premise to argue against what that other poster was saying regarding how 9/11 was used to get into the mid east etc...

You just can't simply pull something out of your hat like that and say it is so, when there is a large debate on exactly how much is up there. Unless you definitively know something the rest of us don't...please fill us in with your sources. I wish it were true, but experts have again and again said if we pump the ANWAR and used it to supply all of our oil, for instance, it would barely get us through 6 months.

I've done quite a bit of research into this, am I missing something? There's oil up there, nobody is debated that...but the worlds largest reserve? come on!

Unless you are maybe talking about the entire extractable sources that would even include on the bottom of the ocean within the artic circle (where Russia and Canada and US are sorting out who owns just what) and even then, I'm not sure it's anywhere that big.

So I am forced to discount your post, and go with the one you were replying to as being the closest to the truth, in my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I just hope they go down soon. I know with this day and age and economy, they wont...Its $3.95 here and we pretty much caught up with California. Whatever I guess...just hope we can get a good president to deicide to cut the damn crap down. It's killing us...literally.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i live in South Florida. Gas here is about 3.75 for the unleaded and over 4.00 for premium. i have even seen it at 4.15 for premium. Deisel i have seen up to 4.20 a gallon. It is rediculious here! Consider yourself lucky if you are still in the 2's.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
No!

I know , i know. No oneliners but above says all about the question being asked.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinadetta

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why are we blaming the oil companies for this?? Their profit margin is around 10% which isn't absurd. Why is nobody going crazy over the fact that they are sending THREE TIMES their profits to the government for taxes? Maybe if Uncle Sam didn't take away 75% of every dollar they made then the prices wouldn't be so high...ya think?

For the record, Exxon Mobil is making about 8 cents profit per gallon of gas sold, that's net. The federal government is making 24 cents profit per gallon by directly taxing Exxon Mobil on profits. They're making another 18.4 cents per gallon on gas tax. In Pennsylvania, the state takes 31.1 cents per gallon too.

Do the math.
Exxon - 8 cents per gallon
The US Government - 42.8 cents per gallon
State of PA - 31.1 cents per gallon

Who are the crooks again?!?!?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I believe the high gas prices are largly due to the war in Iraq. They spend more money than any person in this country with their tanks and hummers and every vehicle they employ in the service. War is nothing more then something to make money with the blood of soldiers and innocents alike. The more they spend there, the more we have to spend here. If there is a shortage, where are the "No gas here" signs. In the 1970's when there was a shortage/embargo, many stations actually ran out. Today the average person drives more, there are more people and many more cars on the road. Why do the gas shipments keep coming in if there is a supply shortage?

To me it makes no sense.

I am a dishwasher, I have been for almost ten years. When people run out of knives and forks, there is no question, you either wash more, or you get lots of complaints. But one will always happen. The point is, not one single place I have seen anywhere, has run out of gas anywhere. The supply has not changed and the demand has no place to go but down, most people can't afford these prices, but the shipments keep coming right on schedule. Does this not strike anybody else as odd, at all.

The war on terror is a perfect reason to keep fuel prices high. Instead of going to war to "Protect our way of life" We went to war to destroy it, and we were all told after 9/11 to go shopping, spend our money and completely ignore the facts of the matter, the government, Democrats and Republicans alike talk a big game, but in the end they are the different sides of the same coin of tyrannical oppression against us all.

I ask people, when will you stand up for yourselves. The economy of fear is killing us all slowly, you keep the mind weak and scared. We are all broke, we all suffer equally each time we put gas in our cars, we can change and adapt all we like but no matter how much we do, it won't change the people with the power over us all. How far will they push us, how much will we take.

For example. Way, way back in the colonial times, does anybody remember why the people got so upset. It was because the British taxed everything and forced people to pay. Taxation without representation was one of the key issues. Independence was the result of that. The country is shattered, the founding laws are almost erased with fine print and endless words that, in short, can make you the bad guy for any reason.

Gas prices are an important issue, but largely a selfish one. They are designed to make people think "Why me." and not "How can I fix this for the good of the people." I believe the only way to make oil prices go down is not going to be found in personal change, but in the over all will of the people. Instead of complaining and discussing economics and wasting time like that, start organizations, get like minded people together and stand up against the prices.

It does not say I the person...it says We the people. Together we can do anything, change anything and fix our country. But to do that we have to wake up, there are no easy ways about this. We cannot trust our "Elected" leaders to save us. We must save ourselves, there is no other way to fix this problem. We have to find our free will and stop thinking of the current situation as "Temporary" There is no more time to be wasted. The Enviroment is fine, the Terrorists...if there ever were any to begin with is debated...are beaten.

America has a policy not to enforce the laws it already has, but to add new ones constantly to every aspect of our lives. They do the same thing with situations. If something isnt broken, fix it until it is. In short.

The change in gas prices will not start with "You" It will begin with the collective "Us" This is our country, lets take it back from the people who have stolen our very freedoms right from under us.

The right to life, liberty and the persuit of happiness...I would persue happiness, but the gas costs too much. Save yourself, save each other.

-Zodiac

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Im sorry but hearing all you Americans crying about the price of GAS makes me laugh,try living in the UK where the price of a Gallon is about $10

[edit on 22-5-2008 by kpatrickm]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
zodiac is completely right, we need to make a stand and do something before it goes too far

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join