It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(urban legend)11 year old girl kills 2 armed illegal home invaders.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yes you are right the story was taken from the minutemen site after the links to the place it suppousely happened has not news on the article.

It has been recycle in some forums but many believe that perhaps was changed if the father was charged for some reason or the other.

I guess some conspiracies going on on the story.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ive come across this in 3 other boards and so far the only source that gets pointed to is this liberty post article.

It doesnt make any sense that stuff like this gets made up.

Why bother when faking it when everyday real people defend themselves from real criminals with their legally owned weapons and real illegal immigrants get arrested for having dogs lick their genitiles?

It only hurts things to spread lies.

Unless its left-wing disinfo. (insert scary music and twirl moustache)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That's the only source I can find as well. Hoax? Some form of disinfo? I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I searched the NRA site but nothing came in the search of their site. I guess the story was at one point brought up but eliminated for lack of reliable sources.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP

Thats an amazing story. What a brave girl...thats just amazing.

I'm sure this story makes the average conservative happy... XD

But really, thats just...hard to believe. Is it true? That website is a bit...well weird.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
if you read the above post further it states in a post:

25. To: klickitat (#0)
This is an "urban legend" and there doesn't seem to be any evidence to back up it up.

Raphael Resendez-Ramirez is the infamous "Railroad Killer" illegal alien / serial murderer. He eventually was captured.

Enrique Garza is a musician from Snyder, Texas whose 3 sons formed the band "Los Lonely Boys".

Patricia Harrington is an adult woman who writes children’s mystery books.

I can find no reference to David Burien.

The story has no author or news source listed. There is no date, time or address of where the incident took place. I would wager that this is an invented account. There's absolutely nothing on the web (aside from this verbatim account itself) to indicate this ever actually happened, or that anyone named Patricia Harrington ever was a champion clay-shooter anywhere. No news station, web site or paper has published this story.

Can anyone else back this up ?? I too cannot find ANYTHING about it except for the OP's post.

It may have been based on this event.

Teen shoots, kills 2 would-be robbers

02:46 PM CST on Thursday, December 28, 2006

From 11 News staff reports

An overnight home invasion robbery attempt in northeast Harris County ended in a hail of gunfire that left two suspects dead.

Investigators said a 17-year-old was home with his cousin when four armed men kicked in the door and started shooting.

The teen pulled out a shotgun of his own and fired back at the suspects, killing two of them.

Two other suspects were later caught.

The 17-year-old asked to not be identified.

“Truthfully, it was either them or me, regardless of who was on the other side of that door or whoever kicked my door down, it was either him or me,” he said. “I’m thankful to be standing here today. I thank god.”

Authorities said at this point they are not planning on filing charges against the teen.

www.khou.com...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What a let down, that would have been a great story and I doubt the media would have let it go.

I saw that some people recieved that story in their email, I'm beginning to believe it was fabricated.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by laiguana]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Everyone should know that "buck shot" is entirely inappropriate for home defense, as it can easily penetrate multiple wall layers and collateral injury is possible. Number four shot is the correct pellet size for in home defense. It will shred someone just as easily at in home ranges, but will not over penetrate. It is acceptable to have buck shot or slugs in a bandoleer on your sling or stock should the engagement be protracted, or lead to an exchange at greater ranges (like outside the house).

Hats off to Patricia.

Of course, all that being said if the story is actually true.

Always choose a 2 3/4" shell as well, and nothing longer. I have seen many people with the 3" and 3 1/2" shells, that coupled with a slug or #1 and 2 buck shot. Big No, No!

As Mirthful said #4 shot is good, but I do like #3 myself. A shot gun is a perfect home protection weapon, since it give the shooter a larger pattern than a single shot semi-automatic and in most cases is lethal when the center of mass is struck.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Doesn't pass the smell test for me, and I am alarmingly good at finding people online for an ametuer.

Patricia Harrington is the name of a Crime author, I can find nothing online about a child of that name winning a shooting contest- only the author and the bunk story. Raphael Resendez (-Ramierez) was the "Railroad Killer". No mentions outside the story.

There are no respectable sources for this story, even in local media from Montana.

Intellius has no record of a David Burien in Montana.

Dates for the shooting vary from December 5 of '06 to late April of this year.

It apparently didn't really explode until libertypost got ahold of it.

And by the way, if reporters or police had to ID an illegal immigrant's corpse, and his name turned out to be Raphael, it would be spelled Rafael, because thats what would be written on the Spanish language documents they eventually were able to identify and establish his immigration status by. Spanish avoid diphthongs like ph=f.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i hate the fact all you people are pitting the girl.

she knew what she was doing. she was a champion shoot for god sakes.

if i shot someone protecting myself would not an am not traumatized.

i wouldnt expect anyone else to be either.

what traumatized people is that they think twice an hesitate. just do it

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Final verdict: Urban legend, designed to stir up support for gun ownership and anger against Hispanics and illegals (or anyone suspected of being illegal.)

Moving this one to Disinformation, since it's a classic case of the types of disinformation that are often believed and not-so-often fact checked.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Byrd]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If your child is well trained with guns and responsible, there should be no reason to lock up the guns. I grew up shooting guns whenever I wanted, of course my dad kept his locked up but I kept mine in my room. He put me through safety courses for hunting and guns in general when I was 10 and 11, so I would know how not to use a gun. It's never to young to start teaching a child about guns, it's the ones that have no training with them that end up killing themselves.

And come on, 11 isn't that young.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thexsword
If your child is well trained with guns and responsible, there should be no reason to lock up the guns.

What you may review as "responsible" may not be as responsible as you'd like. The school shootings of the past decades have been by students who had guns in their houses and like the Columbine shooters had been trained how to handle the guns.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So judgement seems to be hoax. Good in that a little girl didn't actually, in this case, kill two people. Self defence or not. Bad, in that I bought it. Shame on me, who tries to be a skeptic.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
So judgement seems to be hoax. Good in that a little girl didn't actually, in this case, kill two people. Self defence or not. Bad, in that I bought it. Shame on me, who tries to be a skeptic.

Don't worry sometimes were all fooled. This story was just to well planned and laid out to be fact. Even though an 11 year old that was suppose to be a great shot, and so on, she would have had to deal with the emotional factor of looking another human being in the eyes before taking their lives.

Everyone is always talking about what they would do, but put in a situation up close everything changes for most compassionate human beings.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

What you may review as "responsible" may not be as responsible as you'd like. The school shootings of the past decades have been by students who had guns in their houses and like the Columbine shooters had been trained how to handle the guns.

Well I don't think you can lump a bunch of troubled kids that would have shot up the school whether they were trained with guns or not, with a young child that has no reason to shoot up the school. The fact is, if kids were forced to follow good morals, then Columbine like situations would never happen. Guns have nothing to do with it. Neither does age.

What about the adult, that had no gun training that just killed a bunch of other adults. Age has little to do with this stuff. It all comes down to morals.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm glad we figured this out and truth prevailed !!

all in all...a very emotional subject which some would like to see as real......touchy subject in todays world for sure.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You know it could be the story was made up by people who fear what Illegals might do???
but a real story the happened here in New Mexico, Just outside Santa Fe. Ended with one 13 YO girl shoot and two other woman held at gunpoint! here's a link to what happened in rial life!Link to 13YO girl shoot news story

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I am disinclined to believe this story. I have a sister aged 10 (or 11, I forget which)
, and to be honest, I doubt whether she could aim and fire an air-rifle, or handle the recoil, let alone a shotgun. I may just be a belitlling, chauvanist pig, who refuses to accept that women are not defenceless, but I am sceptical.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

why left wing----i received my emai from a right-wing extriemest
are you one of those?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join