It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(urban legend)11 year old girl kills 2 armed illegal home invaders.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

11 year old girl kills 2 armed illegle home invaders.

www.libertypost.org

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez 23 and Enrico Garza 26, probably believed they would easily overpower a home alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things, they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine. Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.
(visit the link for the full news article)

(mod note: fixed title and corrected misspelling. This is an urban legend, folks, as the researchers in this thread point out.)

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Byrd]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
here is picture of the weapon she used you know i am surprised that a 11 year old could fire and hits twice from the mean gun. but all in all here is a story where a gun was used how it was spouse to be used in self defense

www.libertypost.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
NOT TRUE.....ITS AN URBAN LEGEND.....SEE MY POST BELOW.

(sorry for single post)

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Alpha Grey]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
bad choice of target by the two criminals

ironic that they were illegals!

however, what was she doing home alone at 11 years old?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i wonder what kind of emotional and psychological scares she would have. i hope she gets professional help. even police officers and soldiers find it traumatic after their first kill. one can only wonder what it will do to a 11 year old

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Two things are apparent from this story:

1 - Citizens - regardless of sex or age - can and should be allowed to defend themselves and their property. I'm proud of how that young girl handled herself.

2 - Despite the protestations of some, illegals aliens are contributing to the crime problems of a number of states - and not just those near the mexican border.

These criminals were also repeat offenders - illegally entering the country and illegally entering other people's residences and murder.

I see a pattern ...

[edit on 5/2/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Youve got illegal aliens breaking into a home to either rob the place or do something unthinkable with that 11 year old gorl or both, youve got a trained shooting champion CHILD which I love to see (much better than the idiot city kids shooting each other for sneakers)

The only problem I have with this is why was the father leaving an 11 year old girl home alone? I suppose her father had good reason to believe she would be safe on her own and I guess he was right!

Those poor illegals though. Maybe they just wanted to enter the home illegally at first, but Im sure they would work really hard and earn their right to stay there or at least claim to have.

It just makes me so enraged and so happy at the same time I might burst.

Good for her!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

That kid has good aim, serves them right for their actions though. I do feel bad for the girl though, that's a lot to take in at such an age.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow I am glad that we had not taken away the guns of that girls father through gun controll. Poor little girl what a horrible experience. I am I am happy that she is alive.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Those poor illegals though. Maybe they just wanted to enter the home illegally at first, but Im sure they would work really hard and earn their right to stay there or at least claim to have.

Excellent point through analogy.

Once in the house, the illegals could petition to stay while working on getting the laws changed to hand them rightful ownership of the property.

I'm concerned that something like this actually happen if the (criminal) illegal families of these (criminal) illegal aliens decides to file a civil lawsuit claiming wrongful death, etc. They could be handed the property as part of a judgement. Didn't something like this actually happen in New Mexico or Arizona?

[edit on 5/2/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
if you read the above post further it states in a post:

25. To: klickitat (#0)
This is an "urban legend" and there doesn't seem to be any evidence to back up it up.

Raphael Resendez-Ramirez is the infamous "Railroad Killer" illegal alien / serial murderer. He eventually was captured.

Enrique Garza is a musician from Snyder, Texas whose 3 sons formed the band "Los Lonely Boys".

Patricia Harrington is an adult woman who writes children’s mystery books.

I can find no reference to David Burien.

The story has no author or news source listed. There is no date, time or address of where the incident took place. I would wager that this is an invented account. There's absolutely nothing on the web (aside from this verbatim account itself) to indicate this ever actually happened, or that anyone named Patricia Harrington ever was a champion clay-shooter anywhere. No news station, web site or paper has published this story.

Can anyone else back this up ?? I too cannot find ANYTHING about it except for the OP's post.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hate to be posting as part of an "urban legend" ...

Anyway, true or not, this story is very similar to what you can read in the "Armed Citizen" section of any monthly NRA magazine. These are actual stories taken from local newspapers of people using legal firearms to protect themselves from criminals.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hope the child gets any help she needs in dealing with whatever trauma she has to deal with.

Having said that. Good on you, girl. How many children would have been able to protect themselves so effectively? Not many, I'm thinking.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I hate to feel fooled. But rather than waste the spirit of the story I read some of the stories here:
www.nrapublications.org...

Good call Centurian.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Hope the child gets any help she needs in dealing with whatever trauma she has to deal with.

Exactly, if true.

How many children would have been able to protect themselves so effectively? Not many, I'm thinking.

It depends on the family background I would wager. I was shooting(hand gun and rifle) at that age but mine is a military family.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Having said that. Good on you, girl. How many children would have been able to protect themselves so effectively? Not many, I'm thinking.

Did you even read the above post that stated that this story is NOT true an its an urban legend ??

Please read the above posts.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Everyone should know that "buck shot" is entirely inappropriate for home defense, as it can easily penetrate multiple wall layers and collateral injury is possible. Number four shot is the correct pellet size for in home defense. It will shred someone just as easily at in home ranges, but will not over penetrate. It is acceptable to have buck shot or slugs in a bandoleer on your sling or stock should the engagement be protracted, or lead to an exchange at greater ranges (like outside the house).

Hats off to Patricia.

Of course, all that being said if the story is actually true.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Many states have not legal age for young children to be alone, many states have age 11 and up.

And as for the child the story has been circulating on the minutemen web side and many others.

So it must be truth.

I am very glad that she was able to defend herself from two perpetrators that already were braking the law as illegal.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Many states have not legal age for young children to be alone, many states have age 11 and up.

And as for the child the story has been circulating on the minutemen web side and many others.

So it must be truth.

I am very glad that she was able to defend herself from two perpetrators that already were braking the law as illegal.

Show us the link to the story......its not true.......i am sure there are stories similar...but not the exact story the OP posted.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sounds like pure right wing, gun nut propaganda to me. A more likely outcome would have been the girl ending up dead.

If it was true, anyone who leaves an 11 year old alone with a gun needs locking up anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join