It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas City Police Worry About 'Catering' to Islamic Rituals at Airport

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Kansas City Police Worry About 'Catering' to Islamic Rituals at Airport

www.wnd.com

The Kansas City International Airport has added several foot-washing basins in restrooms to accommodate a growing number of Muslim taxicab drivers who requested the facilities to prepare for daily Islamic prayer, WND has learned.

The move concerns airport police who worry about Middle Eastern men loitering inside the building. After 9/11, the airport beefed up its police force to help prevent terrorist attacks.

"Why are we constructing places of worship for them inside our airports?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/29/2007 by shots]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What do you want to bet the ACLU will remain silent on this? But heaven forbid if you put a Christmas tree up or Christian statue then all hell breaks loose.

This also begs the question, Do other non Islamic countries redo all their public rest rooms in international airports to accommodate Muslims?

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Normally ATS always has an answer to most questions. really odd that with all the travelers on ATS no one knows the answer to my question.

Do other non-Muslim countries have special facilities just for their rituals?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
its nothing new,

its the same old "separation of Church and State" argument of a Republic again.

What do you want to bet the ACLU will remain silent on this? But heaven forbid if you put a Christmas tree up or Christian statue then all hell breaks loose.

that is COMPLETELY different. That is showing a religious symbol, in this case, no religious symbol is being displayed. Only a changing room like facility. Its no different than having facilities for customers who have disabilities.

Your title is misleading.

Its not a place of worship or a religious symbol.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
That is showing a religious symbol, in this case, no religious symbol is being displayed. Only a changing room like facility. Its no different than having facilities for customers who have disabilities.

I beg to differ they are using government money to construct those facilities. What ever happened to separation of church and state?

I also strongly disagree on the title because washing their feet is part of a religious ritual. Bet you did not even read the link did you? it spelling it out step by step.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I beg to differ they are using government money to construct those facilities. What ever happened to separation of church and state?

I beg to differ, its not like a Mosque is being built.

But what happened to separation of church and state when it comes to the Christian right? thats the problem with America. You guys need to either enforce separation on ALL religions or introduce an official religion. You cannot be bias towards Christianity.

I also strongly disagree on the title because washing their feet is part of a religious ritual. Bet you did not even read the link did you? it spelling it out step by step.

But you are missing the point.
Its not like a Mosque is being built. In the UK a lot of public buildings have prayer rooms for ALL faiths, but what is happening here is nothing to do with a religious symbol or introduction of a religious facility.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying but contrary to what you claim the source article clearly calls it a ritual thus it is religious.

The Islamic purification ritual, known in Arabic as "wudu," involves a 10-step process, which includes:

1. Praising Allah while washing both hands up to the wrist three times, making sure that the water reaches between fingers and under rings.

2. Rinsing out the mouth thoroughly three times, using the right hand (the one not used for cleaning private parts) to bring the water to the mouth.
Source Article

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now as you can see what they are doing is religous in nature.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thats just wrong, first of all I live here in mo and pay taxes and was not asked if I wanted to support such a huge extravagant expense. We cannot even say Christmas vacation or Easter party, It is not my responsibility to support the same religion that is right now kidnapping torturing and warring with our Military. Do you think that they honor our right to religious freedom? No they chop our heads off with a dull rusty blade. I know to be politticaly correct I have to add that there are thousands of peaceful Islamics living here in our country that share the same ideals and values as we do, however if even 1 of the "taxi cab drivers" use these facilities for terrorist purposes it threatens us all. I am insulted by this absurd action. When they decided to blend into our society perhaps they should make ammendments to their religion, forinstance pray 5 sets when they get home instead of 5 times a day in public.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hello Shots I see you've found another topic proving that "they" are demanding special treatment.

70% of the drivers are Muslim and as such have a regular commitment to prayer, the Airport has catered for them, big deal.

Guess what, throughout the Middle East, they have Western style toilets, everywhere......almost like they are catering for westerners needs. Who'd have thought.

I'm guessing you don't travel a great deal Shots, your perceptions on Muslims and Islam or should I say "them" is astonishingly narrow.

I can't wait for your next thread.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Koka]

apc

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have forwarded this article to local talk radio here in KC. I don't doubt they will take this and run with it. I expect to hear some comment from the KCI press guys.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

I'm guessing you don't travel a great deal Shots, your perceptions on Muslims and Islam or should I say "them" is astonishingly narrow.

Just for the record check my threads yes some are about Islam. At Christmastime it was about a Rabi in Seattle. At thanksgiving it was atheists in Connecticut so the only narrow mind I see is yours for trying to imply I am strictly against Muslims when I am not.

If anything you will find I am an equal opportunity Christian, here is one you can find the rest

School Made Girl Remove Jesus Magnet

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i must agree with you shots. its not right too waste tax dollars on stuff like this and here is why.we have peple starving .we have people homeless.we have people who can't afford medical care. if the muslim taxicab drivers really need to wash their feet so badly let them take 3 dollars and go to walmart and buy a plastic foot tub to take in to the restroom with them you don't hear of muslim passengers arguing about it just the taxi drivers.
all this is is a way to hurt the system finacially. i know many different faith people christians muslims hindu not once have i ever heard of any of them ask for special treatment because of their religion. heck the pakastani girl i know loves chrismas time because its a free vaction for them and they can go home and visit family in pakistan.
p.s. shots becareful they killed steve rogers for speaking out about injustice . damn you mr stark

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, before I can make a decision on this, I have one question.

If I, or any non-Islamic individual wanted to use these foot washing
facilities, could we?

Honestly a nice foot wash does seem to be nice sounding, so in this case,
as long as it does not become a 'Muslims only' thing, I don't have a
problem with it.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Check out this article which discusses how KCI is one of only 5 airports in the country that outsourced security screening to a private company. The name of the company is FirstLine Transportation Security

More info here
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

But what happened to separation of church and state when it comes to the Christian right? thats the problem with America. You guys need to either enforce separation on ALL religions or introduce an official religion. You cannot be bias towards Christianity.

I recall reading in The New World Order, by A. Ralph Epperson, that part of the NWO is to rid the country [USA] of ALL religions and enforce the worship of Lucifer.

Not exactly part of the discussion, but something that should be noted.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Guess what, throughout the Middle East, they have Western style toilets, everywhere......almost like they are catering for westerners needs. Who'd have thought.

Go to an Islamic country and there will even be alcohol for Western tourist inside the hotel. During their religious holidays, non-muslims are respected and are giving facilities.

i know many different faith people christians muslims hindu not once have i ever heard of any of them ask for special treatment because of their religio

"special treatment"

so what is the agenda of the Christian right then?

I think its time for the United States to do what France did. Enforce separation of Church and State because its the only way you can deal with religon now.

America is not a christian country, it's secular under your constitution.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
p.s. shots becareful they killed steve rogers for speaking out about injustice . damn you mr stark

I get your point but this is not about injustice. It is about the use of the taxpayers dollars to build facilities that are meant for religious purposes or religous preparation if you will, in a government owned building. Someone else made a very valid point if they need to wash their feet five times a day go to Walmart and buy a foottub and their problem is solved.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Just for the record check my threads yes some are about Islam. At Christmastime it was about a Rabi in Seattle. At thanksgiving it was atheists in Connecticut so the only narrow mind I see is yours for trying to imply I am strictly against Muslims when I am not.

That would be implication through interpretation, I would say that you have a strict problem with non-christians, predominantly and most definitely Muslims.

The threads below are all your own and IMO, show your blinkered point of view regarding anything Islamic.

Supreme Court Denies Appeal from Gitmo Detainees

MPSL/St Paul: Muslim workers at Target refuse to handle pork

Police arrest 170 in Copenhagen protests

Possible Move Of Liquor Store Brings Protest From Local Mosque

Court Rules Guantanamo Bay Detainees may not Challenge their Detention

MPLS: Airport Officials Balk When Asked To Furnish Private Prayer Room For Muslims Only

British Airways Christian Employee Sues over Religious Discrimination

Muslim Cabdrivers in Minneapolis & Melbourne Refuse to Carry Alcohol-Toting Fares

Warning: Teaching Parents The Signs of Terrorism Can Get You Labled "An Enemy of Islam"

400,000 Muslims in Texas Equal 400 potential Terrorists

If anything you will find I am an equal opportunity Christian, here is one you can find the rest

School Made Girl Remove Jesus Magnet

Yes, it seems you are a person who believes in equal rights for Christians.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Koka]

apc

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I have forwarded this article to local talk radio here in KC. I don't doubt they will take this and run with it. I expect to hear some comment from the KCI press guys.

I got a response from the morning host and she plans on covering the story. I suspect this will be tomorrow as today was occupied with the mall shootings on Sunday. Tune in at KMBZ.com from 9-11am CST.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Before having a heated debate about this, might be cool to post a source for the article that isn't WND, which is widely known to either make up stories or distort the facts to the point the story could just well be made up entirely.

As for the rights for religious groups, imho all religious groups should keep their religion to themselves and leave everyone else alone.

The extent of religious rights should be that every group can build 1 place of worship in a town and thats where the line should be drawn.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join