It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Physics says Good-bye to "Reality"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
You are living in a dream world, Neo.

Thanks for the link, very very cool stuff. Question is if our reality is really just a computer simulation after all. We would never know.

It kind of ties into the latest theories about DNA as well, where they have found the same kind of energy inside our DNA as inside all living beings and also the sun.

Very interesting times to be alive.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
**************** The Two Sides of The Coin******************

I studied and read for many years,
These sciences that I understand.;
You must leave behind the dreaming place
To be a Scientific Man.

I opened my heart and learned to see,
How God had dreamed the world.
I know the truth behind it all now,
For I have become a Mystic Girl.

In due time is born a child,
Unlike any that has come before;
Seeing equally Truth and Beauty
Tomorrow's Child will be so much more.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
How can this coke can in front of me be a waveform but yet I can touch it while not observing it such as closing my eyes?

With observing they actually mean: "paying attention to". Even though you're not watching the coke can, you're paying attention to it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Those videos are from a documentary/movie called "What the Bleep Do We Know?"

If your interested in this kind of subject matter, I highly recommend it.
They explain the phenomenon of the "observer", quantum entanglement, the collapsing wave function, etc.

You'll never look at quantum physics the same again.

Gools, I agree. That's a great video.
Do you remember the part about Dr. Emoto's water experiements? That was one of the neatest things I've ever heard.
The video leaves you feeling very good inside and looking at things differently.
Even the eccentric lady (sorry I can't remember her name) ends up making some pretty damn good sense about religion and things like that.
People should check out What the Bleep with an open mind.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've actually had 100's of debates with Athiests and Agnostics using news such as the Double Slit Expirement and other Quantum phenomena for the existence of God according to the experiences of Mystics, and still they argue.

Well, this one from the OP is again definative proof that what the mystics have been saying for thousands of years is true (and they were thiests).

For example the Atom was first mentioned by an ancient Idian Sage in 600 B.C.E. (forgot is name though, somthing like Kanan, Konan, Konag) something like that.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by cloakndagger
How can this coke can in front of me be a waveform but yet I can touch it while not observing it such as closing my eyes?

With observing they actually mean: "paying attention to". Even though you're not watching the coke can, you're paying attention to it.

The coke can isn't a waveform untill you observe it - it's macroscopic, so there are no quantum effects. It's just a coke can. Also, observing does *not* mean "paying attention to" - it means observing. It doesn't matter whether someone's paying attention to the results of the double-slit experiment, just whether the particle gets measured.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
When you're measuring it, are you not then paying attention to it?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well, attention can be defined as more than one thing. If you are previously aware that something is there, then your attention, i.e awareness, is still going to dictate that the object is there.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
No. No human in required. The effect is due to measurement, nothing to do with consciousness at all. I strongly recommend you read a basic QM textboox - all these things are really very simple once you understand the basics.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jim_w
No. No human in required. The effect is due to measurement, nothing to do with consciousness at all. I strongly recommend you read a basic QM textboox - all these things are really very simple once you understand the basics.

How did these quantum physicists arrive at this hypothesis then?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ferretman2

What we consider to be real is an illusion. The physical world we live in is all an illusion and does not exist. The only reality is the concious mind and that mind can be expanded to connect with the infinite cosmic intelligence. There are many worlds in many dimensions that exist very close to our so called reality. Concious existance is far more than we can ever imagine and so far science has merely tapped on the door but what is behind that door is more than we can imagine.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Fro those that are interested, the lastest issue of Scientic American, has an article/report on our universe in the mutli-verse.

The issue before had some really interesting writing on string theory.

These subjects I find extremely interesting......but they always cause my head to hurt.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Science is on the verge of discoverying that the things Jesus, Buddha and other have known for centuries is a reality while this physical world is temporary and does not even exist.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ronbn56

Ronbn, when Christ rose from his grave, he was able to walk through doors and walls. Why? He knew that they were non-existent...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Science is on the verge of discoverying that the things Jesus, Buddha and other have known for centuries is a reality while this physical world is temporary and does not even exist.

Ronbn, when Christ rose from his grave, he was able to walk through doors and walls. Why? He knew that they were non-existent...

Wow - I was forced to go back to check that I am actually on science forum....on thread about QM

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah, bluebird, I know... I know... :shk:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Well said SpeakerofTruth! I agree.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

And may I add: GOOD RIDDANCE!
(You bet I am "yelling"
)

It's been a long time since the OP was posted, but I only noticed it now.
Well, there's no better time (for me, I mean).

Very good post(s)!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronbn56
reply to post by ferretman2

What we consider to be real is an illusion.

No, it's not an illusion - unless we call everything an illusion, including ourselves. And by leveling it like that, we would still arrive at the opposite conclusion (you know: if everything is an illusion, then nothing is - etc.)

THE illusion is that there is one and only one (simultaneous) reality.

And whoever is waiting for "science" to lead the way, is wasting precious (albeit illusory) time of their illusion. ; )

It's been many years since "The Tao of Physics", for example, was published. And still the vast majority of "prominent" (in the sense of vocal or media visible - or both) scientists cannot stomach the idea that the mystics - and many "ordinary" people through the centuries - had it right all the time.

Now, if anyone is seriously interested in seriously discussing how to transfer one's "main" (as in, this time-line existence) consciousness into another time-line (after we have observed it, of course) - let me know.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That is a very good point. And a very obvious example, one would assume.
Unfortunately, this so-called Christian civilisation knows precious little about the essence of the man after whom it's named - or his message, for that matter...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join