It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When 2012 rolls around, and nothing happens . . .

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Oh dear! have we learnt nothing here on the hallowed threads of ATS? How many predictions have I read which have come and gone without anything amazing happening. 2012 will be exactly the same. Then it will be 2020 or something like that, and so it will go on.
"It's pathetic. . . "

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Densha82

I do not believe the world will end. And the Maya didn't either, if you do your research. The Maya believed that time repeats itself, therefore it does not end.
And again in 2012 something WILL happen that is big, but it won't be the end of the world. What WILL happen is the alignment of the sun with the Galactic Equater in the Milky Way Galaxy.

As for Nostradamus.. Yes his predictions had no specific time, nor were they precise, but I do believe they have some truth behind it. Even if he made it all up, the truth is that the things happened.. Yes, I know they can be interpruted many different ways, but without human curiousity about things like this life would be dull and many want to know what the future holds and these predictions give them something to hold onto.

This just kind of spoils all of that.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Is no one paying any attention to those who AREN'T skeptics?

The Mayans didn't believe the world would end, they NEVER said that the world would end.
Their whole life revovled around the concept of time and that it REPEATS itself, not ends. In 2012 their cycle starts over.

Will something happen in 2012::: YES! But will that something be the end of the world::: NO!

I am not a skeptic, I am not a believer. I am a rational person who looks at the facts. And the facts don't point to the end of the world so I am betting on that. And if it does then I guess I won't realize it because I'll be dead!

You know something we should worry about? THE SUN DIEING! I know it won't happen for billions of years, but when it does it will suck for those alive.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A colleague of mine told me something years ago that has always stuck with me. I explained 2012's potential scenarios and his reaction was (and I'm paraphrasing):
"People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years. Every new generation just has a need to be special... so we sensationalize these 'end of the world' dates until they come and go. Once they're gone we look for the next one... and the next one."

Years later, a friend of mine had a completely different attitude. He excitedly explained that he is looking forward to being a witness to the end of the world if it happens in his lifetime. How many people in history can say they were there when it happened?!

Both are great thoughts, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Predictors are like witch doctors or rock stars, there in it so they can get some tail. Girls eat this stuff up. Mayan culture was a blood thirsty culture that destroyed itself, so why would that give them the gift of prophecy. All the 'authors' are just hack writers who make crap up who have never had anything peer reviewed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join