It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheryl Crow wants me to wipe my butt with one, count 'em, ONE square of toilet paper!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I just realised why Karl Rove told Mrs, Crow not to touch him.... cause she has crap on her fingers.

Too funny.

~Anathema

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I don't think one can wipe properly using one sheet during a solid or messy excretement. Using too much however, is no excuse.

"The average American uses over 100 single rolls—about 21000 sheets—each year."

On Other Countries and TP Use:

www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What if you have diaorreah (did i spell that right)? Surely one piece of paper would not suffice. I bet Sheryl Crow didnt think of that

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
edited because of poor taste.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well being that she is wealthy, maybe she uses some sort of special need-only-one-sheet type of toilet tissue.
Or maybe that script was written by someone else. but still.

Or maybe she just used it as an example so that people can start to conserve earth and such.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
What if you have diaorreah (did i spell that right)? Surely one piece of paper would not suffice. I bet Sheryl Crow didnt think of that

Shower? Some people wipe their but and have a quick shower.

Anyway 1 square!? thats just crazy.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Too late whaaa, i saw your post.

This thread reminds me, has anyone ever used that Scott brand industrial crap toilet paper, you know the kind they sell in single rolls at the store? Yeah, try using just one of those sheets. A flea could sneeze and destroy one of those sheets.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Hey, maybe we can simply sit backwards on a Bidet. That cold jet of water will be so refreshing!

Next they'll be slamming cultures who use those for wasting water. There's no escape. We must feel guilt as being 'Victimizers" for everything we do. Just yesterday I seen a report claiming that hydroelectric dams cause more global warming than coal fire plants. There's nowhere to run, for those who have fallen into the cognitive trap.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Save water - Save paper

We're supposed to save water too. If the point is to save paper/trees, I think a much better solution is to ban those paper-commercials/ads/newspapers I get in my mailbox everyday. Here where I am, it's a lot of paper. I get a huge bag full of paper to throw out every week. Completely waste of paper imo. With tv and internet, all of this paper can be saved. I prefer to use the amount of toilet paper I need. And I don't want to use paper-ads, newspapers and catalogs for this purpose, thank you.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

That "totally revolutionary tool" you link to, has been in common use in Thailand for decades.

Most amazing is the prize (checked it out, sells for $38.99). In Thailand you can buy it in any hardware store for about $2. You now see why I live there.

Anybody interested, I'll set up an agency and ship it to you for less than 10.

It is a great gadget far beyond the hygine of western toilet practicies. I couldn't dream of using toiletpaper for arse cleaning anymore. Admit it, smearing out boo all over your buttocks.

Most people in this world use water for cleaning after toilet visits. And good for that and the enviroment.

Once read if all the Chinese were to use toilet paper, it would be the end to trees on this planet.

Wonder who actually came up with the filthy idea of toiletpaper. It's the main reason for Asian people judging Westerners "unclean".

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I call using one square, "wiping like a trucker".

The only way to get clean with it is to poke your finger through the center, use finger to wipe, then wipe your finger off as you pull it back through the square.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by keymaster
I call using one square, "wiping like a trucker".

The only way to get clean with it is to poke your finger through the center, use finger to wipe, then wipe your finger off as you pull it back through the square.

I was just going to say the same thing
The one square is to clean your fingernail
Maybe we can package Crow Toilet kits. They include 1 square and tooth pick to get under the nail

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
MY Opinion

Tree's gown for paper and poo wipe are grown exactly for that purpose and forest lands are not being destroyed.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ms. Crow has always been a bit odd. Better to advise people to lose the Hummers and drive something people can see around.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Nobody really wanna comment on the practise of using toiletpaper being the most unhyginic of Westerners personal hygine?

An advice for those among you suffering from haemorirhoids:
Use water for cleaning. Even the softest toiletpaper is like rasping them with sandpaper.

Toiletpaper actually do contain sand.

NEVER use it for cleaning anything optical.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
All the problems from petroleum and wood pulp could be avoided by utilizing industrial hemp, such as the Lakota's Cannabis oglalas, for toiletpaper.

see: www.cannabisoglalas.com

Then, maybe we could use more than one sheet for what we have to do!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I can't believe this is even still active but it's a stale issue.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Why not leave the toilet paper on the supermarket shelf and use a totally revolutionary tool instead?

They've been around awhile, but remain largely undiscovered in the New World.

I'll wait for the three seashells. (Demolition Man reference)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'd rather wipe with a written collection of Ms. Crow's political views; voluminous yet worthless as they are, I wouldnt need to economise.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join