It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheryl Crow wants me to wipe my butt with one, count 'em, ONE square of toilet paper!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
NOW we know why Lance left. Phew.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
wow.. one sheet...

And you know whats horrifically sad?

College students are some of the most gullible ignorant people on the planet, and I have no doubt that plenty of young little hippie minds have already agreed and implemented ms. Crows master plan...

Crow has ensured an entire generation of dirty @$$'s..
I think I will stay away from anyone who may appear to take ecology a little to far, they may be a follower of the one (or none) square ideology!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think Ms Crow needs to really REALLY start off the global warming foot off right...

No more concerts. Lets face it. 3-semi trucks, 4-buses, 6-private cars... Think of all the fuel that could be saved if we NO LONGER held any concerts...

No more concerts... Also remember the power for lighting that those theatre halls suck up.

No more concerts... The number of people who drive to a specific location to SEE a performance....

No More Concerts... *See a trend??* All the flyers that get posted up and how many ended up washed into the sewer by lousy posting or a lazy worker or ended up in landfills AND NOT RECYCLED!!!

All the wasted paper used by tickets... Wasteful..

And she instead lectures us on how to wipe our own arse when it is plainly obvious she is as hypocritical as the next global warming screaming idiot I stumble across every day...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
why are bidets not big in US. i gotta tell ya it saves u a whole lotta time. plus it will be a good way to help ms. crow

that way we can bone dry the earth instead.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Doesn't she have a daughter?

IMHO, I think anyone with children they actually produced themselves (as opposed to adopted) has very little moral ground to stand on and pontificate how we should all cut back to save the planet. Having children, with all of the waste and consumption a human being produces during its lifetime, is the single most damaging thing a person can do to the planet.

The second most damaging thing is driving a car.

If she does both, then she should really just STFU.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I say No More Promotional Posters!!

Ever see a construction site in NYC? They're all plastered up and down with 500 posters of someone's upcoming album release date, all right next to each other.

The music industry should stop wasting paper!

As for toilet paper, the RIAA's lawsuits against elderly people and minors for their supposed downloads could replace toilet paper one day.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't know for sure but I think she was talking about using one square when you do number 1 and the 3 squares during certain times a female has. As tapping and shaking are definately male habits. I will throw out the guess that she was talking more to women than men and her suggestion had little to do with bum wiping.

Then again, if you are in good health and eat and drink in proper proportions and are not so full that you have to go an hour afterward everytime you eat. Then the fecal matter should be more solid and less squishy as to require less in the wiping department. Some varieties of diet combination will allow for "pristine" experiences in which wiping yields no results.

Diets high in greasy fats or anything containing Olean fat substitute will have quite the opposite effect.

--Trivia: "Scatman" Crothers got his nickname from improvised lyrical jazz and suggested it himself when pressed to come up with a catchy name for a radio program in 1932 and is totally unrelated to this topic

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Maybe she can move to the Middle east since outside of Israel and FOBs in Iraq toilet paper isnt regularly used. She would have to get used to wearing a veil, not voting, driving, and opening her mouth when she felt like it. Still though no toilet paper.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Nothing better than an excuse for a good bashing, you people are something else. . .

Eat more fiber and you will use less paper at the toilet.

It was a time in our history when toilet paper was a thing of the future . . .what do you think people use to clean themselves with?

deny ignorance, the women is just making a point . . . but hey is good excuse for bashing.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It was a time in our history when toilet paper was a thing of the future . . .what do you think people use to clean themselves with?

It was also a bad idea to walk too close to buildings down the street, due to the open plumbing system.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Actually Apex, I was only 6 years old when my parents moved to a home with plumbing system . . .

I am not that old, but our island was not soo modernized when I was growing up in the 60s . . .

We had out houses and the plumbing was actually like you said "outside" and running down alongside the walkeways.

Also kotex and modess was a luxury and the women that could not afford it had to use rags and wash them after use.

Yes . . . life was easier and more . . . in touch with nature . . .

[edit on 23-4-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually Apex, I was only 6 years old when my parents moved to a home with plumbing system . . .
I am not that old, but our island was not soo modernized when I was growing up in the 60s . . .
We had out houses and the plumbing was actually like you said "outside" and running down alongside the walkeways.

Well, sorry if it wasn't such a funny comment to you as I had intended, I was meaning like medieval periods, rather than more recent.

So, sorry.

Actually, in touch with nature, once on a walking expedition, a friend had to use a mouldy discarded glove he found in a bush as toilet paper, but I was quite glad I didn't end up in such a situation as that.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by apex]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This makes me giggle. My dog eats poop 4realz, instead of using TP, maybe I should just let my dog...uh nevermind.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Apex, you got the intended result . . . I after I read your post I was laughing my hart out, because I remember the "old days"

Many people had not idea that it was a time when " modern commodities" was a thing for rich people and the privileged.

Right now this things are so part of our everyday lives that to live without them is "unthinkable".:Lil:

But is lot of memories that I have that I will not change them for anything in this world.

Is nice to say once in while "I know because I lived throughout those old times":Lil:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow...crow realy did it... I guess her talent and her intelligence are not en par.

Sorry Marg but it is true, she is proposing "regular people" to use less toilet paper meanwhile she demands to have 3 semi trucks, 4 buses and 6 private cars for concerts... She travels around in a private jet, and who knows what sort of multi-million house, or houses, she has...

Hypocrisy at it's worse... and who in the world counts how many "squares" of paper you need to use to wipe your behind?....

I guess we all know by now she walks around with lumps of human waste on her behind....

That's a bit more information than I wanted to know about her...

Well, at least we learnt something from this proposal of Crow...don't walk behind her....

[edit on 23-4-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
have you guys ever considered that she might be talking about girls going number 1? That seems more plausible for one square...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't think anyone here is bashing sheryl crow per se, but this is just as funny as Alec Baldwin calling his eleven year old daughter a pig...well that was sad but kind of funny in a "can you believe this guy?" kind of way.

This is the same thing. Can you believe this lady? One sqaure? High fiber or no, you cannot expect a guy to use one square. And as brought up its a bit hypocritical of someone who does more damage to the environment on one US tour than I will in a lifetime of wiping.

I think she should pick her buttles oops battles carefully. Telling me to use one square of toliet paper is not going to win my sympathy.

That stuff might stick on uranus but it ain't gonna fly round here.

In fact I am going to switch off of TP and go straight to mink, that's right mink.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
From Morocco to Pakistan it appears at least almost One billion human beings already follow her idea of using less or no toilet paper.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve22
have you guys ever considered that she might be talking about girls going number 1? That seems more plausible for one square...

From the link given by Dr. Love.

I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required."

She is talking about both, men and women... Not only that but the whole "proposition of limitation on how many squares of TP to use" is simply stupid.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I don't think anyone here is bashing sheryl crow per se, but this is just as funny as Alec Baldwin calling his eleven year old daughter a pig...well that was sad but kind of funny in a "can you believe this guy?" kind of way.

I like some of her songs, but this "proposition" is just too funny and stupid...

More so when she is one of the worse consumers on the planet, and she expects regular people to do more when she does nothing...

[edit on 23-4-2007 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join