It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheryl Crow wants me to wipe my butt with one, count 'em, ONE square of toilet paper!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ms. Crow, respectfully as long as you will be the one to wipe for me, Ill be glad to follow your advice. Im not getting doodoo on my fingers.

Other then that...its a crappy idea. (No pun intended)

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

One square of freakin' toilet paper!!!!!! What the hell does this whacko eat?

i don't know actually but if i refer to this SNIP she doesn't eat that much....almost thin like a pen.
Probably some vegetarian type of girl
*hippy style

Removed link

[edit on 24-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
AbitTweaked

For 21 years of my life the food, meat, poultry, milk, herbs, vegetable were all fresh and home raised.

It was clean, nobody that I knew ever died from contaminated packaged food.

Life was better and it was not stress, money used to go a long way even when it was not a lot.

Mothers stay home and the father job was enough.

Yes this are the memories I will always cherish with me, because those days are for ever gone.

Our nation in the last 6 years has fallen behind when it come to environmental support of laws.

And yes . . . some outhouses used to have newspapers to wipe the "arse" rather than luxury paper at the time.

Our human waste now is so contaminated with medications, food preservatives and pollution that on its own it has become even hazardous to us that are the ones producing it.

This thread is not even about Bush, but you gotta throw in the jabs. How is the enviroment falling behing with Bush? Didn't the explosion of wind up cars happen under his watch?

Want to go back to one breadwinner in the family? Want more mothers staying home with the kids? Want money to go further? Vote Republican, they are more likely to lower your taxes, and make these things possible.

You remember the day when human waste was clean and pure?
I don't!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1
she doesn't eat that much....almost thin like a pen.
Probably some vegetarian type of girl
*hippy style

She had breast cancer and she has being through a lot during the time of treatment.

RR your post is nothing more than nick picking so you don't even deserve an answer from me.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

AbitTweaked

For 21 years of my life the food, meat, poultry, milk, herbs, vegetable were all fresh and home raised.

It was clean, nobody that I knew ever died from contaminated packaged food.

I just responded to most of your replies and lost it all when reached the 10000 word limit... I wish they would put in a warning system that would tell you when you are reaching the 10000 word limit...

Anyways, I'll simplify my responses.

Here are some examples of what was happening back in 1986-1987 concerning food contamination.

BABY RUTH CANDY BARS RECALLED BECAUSE OF BACTERIA IN SOME LOTS

UPI
Published: December 25, 1986
Nabisco today announced a voluntary recall of all its Baby Ruth candy bars after tests showed salmonella bacteria in several batches.

Some of the nutty chocolate bars were recalled last week by the company after the salmonella was discovered at a Nabisco manufacturing plant in Franklin Park, Ill.

''The additional recall has been issued as a precautionary measure, even though the company believes there is no serious health threat to the public,'' Nabisco Brands Inc. said in a statement issued today from its offices here.

query.nytimes.com...

Problems with radioactive powdered milk.

BRAZIL COURT BANS MILK FROM EUROPE

By MARLISE SIMONS, SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: January 12, 1987
LEAD: A Brazilian federal court has banned the sales of powdered milk imported from Western Europe because it has been found to be contaminated with radioactive residue from the Chernobyl nuclear accident in the Soviet Union.

A Brazilian federal court has banned the sales of powdered milk imported from Western Europe because it has been found to be contaminated with radioactive residue from the Chernobyl nuclear accident in the Soviet Union.

The distribution of the contaminated powder has infuriated consumer groups here, which charge that the Brazilian Government in September raised the level of permissible radiation specifically to allow the European shipments to come in.

query.nytimes.com...

Life was better and it was not stress, money used to go a long way even when it was not a lot.

Well, first of all you were much younger, and most of the time when people are younger they are not so concerned about the news or what is happening in other parts of the world.

BTW there were many scares about Climate Change back then too.

OFF L.I., A LETHAL 'BROWN TIDE' PUZZLES MARINE SCIENTISTS

*Please Note: Archive articles do not include photos, charts or graphics. More information. November 7, 1986, Friday
By THOMAS J. KNUDSON, SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES (NYT); Metropolitan Desk
Late City Final Edition, Section B, Page 1, Column 2, 1172 words
DISPLAYING ABSTRACT - Eighteen months after it began, an algae bloom known here as the ''brown tide'' continues to baffle the experts. They still have not learned what is causing it. They have not learned why it is lethal to marine life. They are still uncertain what it eats, how it breeds ...

select.nytimes.com...

Some articles are not complete because they are very old and you ahve to be a subscribers to see them completly.

NORTHWEST PLUTONIUM PLANT HAD BIG RADIOACTIVE EMISSIONS IN 40'S and 50'S

*Please Note: Archive articles do not include photos, charts or graphics. More information. October 24, 1986, Friday
By MATTHEW L. WALD, SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES (NYT); National Desk
Late City Final Edition, Section A, Page 20, Column 1, 1165 words
Correction Appended

DISPLAYING ABSTRACT - The huge American project that produced plutonium here for the bombs that ended World War II also appeared to have given major radiation doses to thousands of civilians in the Pacific Northwest, according to documents made public earlier this year by the Department of Energy. Other documents outline a ...

Correction: November 21, 1986, Friday, Late City Final Edition

A dispatch from Richland, Wash., on Oct. 24 about radioactive emissions in the 1940's and 1950's at the Hanford plutonium plant misstated the position of the Hanford Education Action League, a Spokane-based group. It favors ending operations at the plant until cleanup operations are demonstrably effective.

select.nytimes.com...

Hell i remember back in 1985-1987 there were problems in Spain and in some other parts in Europe with drug addicts who had become infected with AIDs and decided to spread the disease to innocent people, including children by burying and hiding dozens of syringes tainted with AIDs in beaches around Spain and some other European countries. The syringes were buried with the needles pointing upwards, so any unsuspecting innocent person would step on it and get AIDs. Beaches had to be combed and dozens of such syringes were found in several beaches....

Mothers stay home and the father job was enough.

I hope you do know a lot of that has to do with the fact that women have wanted to be independent for a long time. Many women are working "because they want to" yes there are those that "have to", but I guess now some women want to complain about "women having to work now".

Our nation in the last 6 years has fallen behind when it come to environmental support of laws.

Well, according to a UN report the U.S. and Europe recently have surpased the problems of illegal logging, and now there are more forest areas than in the past, and the U.S. has surpassed Europe btw...

Green News.

14 March 2007
GLOBAL: Most of Europe and North America Have Reversed Deforestation
Most countries in Europe and North America have reversed centuries of deforestation and are showing an increase in forest area,
while most developing countries, especially in tropical areas, continue to experience high rates of deforestation, a U.N. agency said Tuesday.

The Rome-based Food and Agriculture Organization said in its biannual report on the State of the World's Forests that more attention is being paid to the conservation of soil, water and biological diversity.

However, poor or conflict-stricken countries still face serious challenges in managing their forests, the agency said.

www.greendirectory.net...

If you want to blame anyone about deforestation before you go on blaming the U.S., better start with China, which is where 85% + of all illegal deforestation wood ends up, and then blame European countries which have a lot more demand for wood than the U.S.

And yes . . . some outhouses used to have newspapers to wipe the "arse" rather than luxury paper at the time.

I really hope that you have not, and are not using newspapers to wipe your behind... In case you didn't know newspapers are written with ink and are treated with chemicals which are not very friendly to your body....

Our human waste now is so contaminated with medications, food preservatives and pollution that on its own it has become even hazardous to us that are the ones producing it.

Marg....your poop has always been a "waste"... i hope you never used your poop in the past thinking it was "good for your body"....

As for using it as a fertilizer... It can still be used as such, but I won't be one of those people using my own poop to fertilize anything....

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Can I use 1 wet wipe? Did she mention anything against these sanitary marvels? Maybe with a couple folds it could be pulled off.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This has made big news now.. This morning I was listening to the Tampa bay MJ morning show.. They had a good laugh about this.. Ms. Crow is now taking this back, and saying she was just joking.. UM yeah..
She was being serious.. But I bet she is wishing she never opened her big mouth on this one.. I mean come on.. This woman lives high on the Hog..
Who is this star to say how we should live.. This is her pushing her agenda jsut to get attention. When clearly she is a hypocryte.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Listen up, wimps! Get with the program and the Chuck Norris personal hygiene program. Free with the purchase of the Home Gym.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
[I made a thread sometime back about how much Sheryl Crow's music sucks, man, she just sucks period!

Maybe she sucks ass too... that would explain why she feels you need less paper to clean your poop with

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Listen up, wimps! Get with the program and the Chuck Norris personal hygiene program. Free with the purchase of the Home Gym.

I will start using 1 square of TP, when we start using this... What does Chuck eat?

1 square of TP... I think this is bullsheet. By all means, if she can show me how its done, I'll do it. Until then, I'm not even going to try it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_unraveller

I will start using 1 square of TP, when we start using this... What does Chuck eat?

Small children and rebar. And the occasional terrorist.

And jellied flaming gasoline. Napalm.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Not read the entire thread - but has anyone suggested the obvious way to double the efficency of any given square of bog roll yet?

Use both sides!!
Thats finger licking recycling.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

And jellied flaming gasoline. Napalm.

Oooohh, that must burn right through.

Does he use it as a sauce or marinara? A terrorist and a lot of napalm sounds delicious.
I think Chuck would've been p-off if he heard this, I think he'll need more than a roll of his special TP for a "flaming terrorist".

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hi, you guys are funny,

"Save the planet, wear depends."

What scares me is, was she serious?

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I guess this can be added to the list of urban myths.

She was just joking folks
hughhewitt.townhall.com

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Maybe it was a joke, maybe it wasn't, maybe she is just covering her butt,"no pun intended," now because she seems ridiculous.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes, the whole celebrity trying to save their image thing is new. I guess we should have some respect for the Dixie Chicks for at least sticking to their guns.

In honor of Sheryl Crow I used a half roll of toilet paper today during one sitting. It was one of those especially pesky poops.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Yes, the whole celebrity trying to save their image thing is new. I guess we should have some respect for the Dixie Chicks for at least sticking to their guns.

In honor of Sheryl Crow I used a half roll of toilet paper today during one sitting. It was one of those especially pesky poops.

Peace

How lovely,

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
she has had a fight with Karl Rove, think it was something to do with his latest song being better than hers
www.youtube.com...
dreadful stuff, after watching that Crow had a right to be angry, so she confronted Rove and kicked and beat him!!!
www.sherylcrow.com...

Well it didn't quite happen like that, but they did have an unpleasant clash over government environmental policy. It seems Crow was very surprised by Roves arrogance, but she should have expected as such.
I don't think she had time to explain her 1-sheet idea to Rove

[edit on 28-4-2007 by golddragnet]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

OMG I just laughed and laughed way out loud when I saw that! TY

I came into the thread laughing when I read the title so perhaps it was inevitable? lmao

Whats wrong with the recycled 100% fully biodegrable stuff?
And anyway, I got my own Biocycle so I can use as much as I want...

HA HA HA HA... I am going use two squares just because I can

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join