It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Sun" really the "Son" of God?? Video has me second guessing the bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
video.google.com...

please. anybody? watch this video and help me understand. is everything ive been taught about the bible been untrue?? please tell me this guy is wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Wrong and wrong...there are a bunch of people who have come up to this conclusion.That the bible is a big astrotheological book where the planets,star constellations and their qualities are given personalities in allegorical stories...

One example of this Solar mythos is the notion that Jesus was to be considered
as the Spiritual sun behind the physical sun..you have surley heard about the axiom "as above so belove"..meaning that everything originating from spirit in to the world or generation is like a mirror image of the former.. it´s not the real deal, only a reflection of the true object..

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11an
Wrong and wrong...there are a bunch of people who have come up to this conclusion.That the bible is a big astrotheological book where the planets,star constellations and their qualities are given personalities in allegorical stories...

One example of this Solar mythos is the notion that Jesus was to be considered
as the Spiritual sun behind the physical sun..you have surley heard about the axiom "as above so belove"..meaning that everything originating from spirit in to the world or generation is like a mirror image of the former.. it´s not the real deal, only a reflection of the true object..

hey 11an thanks for the reply. i have been over this sun worship over and over again and know the links between it and babylon and egypty and all thru the chapters of human history. i have always thought that the sun is just the replacement of the son simply because it is a pagan worship and a way that satan has used it to deceive. but when i watched this video it actually had me questioning my beliefs.

1. The ancient peoples reasoned that no one on Earth could ever lay claim of ownership to the Great Orb of Day. It must belong to the unseen Creator of the Universe. It was, figuratively speaking, not man's, but "GOD'S SUN". Truly, "God's Sun/Son was...
THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.

2. As stated before, in the dark cold of night man realised his utter vulnerability to the elements. Each night, mankind was forced to wait for the " Risen Sun" to chase away the physical and mental insecurity brought on by the darkness. Therefore, the morning Sun focused man's attention on heavenly dependents for his frail, short existence on Earth, and in doing so, it became the appropriate symbol of divine benevolence from heaven.

3. So just as small fire brought limited light into man's own little world of darkness, likewise the "Great Fire of Day" served the whole Earth with its heavenly presence.
For this reason, it was said at Deut 4:24, and Heb 12:29 that the God of the Bible was a "Consuming Fire" in heaven. And so He is!

4. It was accepted by all that man was bound to a life on Earth, but the sky was God the Father's abode - His dwelling place. Naturally, God's Son/Sun would also reside with his Father " up in HEAVEN".

5. Ancient man saw in his male offspring his own image and likeness, and his own existence as a father was proved by the person of his son. It was assumed that God's 'Sun was but a visible representative of the unseen Creator in heaven. So it was said, "When you have seen the Sun, you have seen the Father ". or "The Father is glorified in his Sun".

6. Ancient man had no problem understanding that all life on Earth depended directly on life-giving energy from the Sun. Consequently, all life was lost without the Sun. It followed that God's 'Sun' was nothing less than "Our very Saviour".
If you don't think so, wait 'till it don't come up!

7. Since life is energy, and energy from the Sun gave life, and we sustained our very existence by taking energy in from our food (which came directly from God's Sun), the Sun must give up its life supporting energy so that we may continue to live.
"God's Sun gives his life for us to live."

8. While it was plainly true that our life came from and was sustained each day by "Our Saviour... God's Sun", it was and would be true only as long as the Sun would return each morning. Our hope of salvation would be secure only in a "RISEN saviour". For if he did not rise from his grave of darkness,all would be lost. All the world waited patiently for His 'imminent return". The Divine Father would never leave us at the mercy of this world of darkness. His Heavenly promise concerning his Sun was surely that..."He would come again"...to light our path, and save those lost in the darkness ... And He still does...
every morning about 5:30 am.

9. Logically, even if man himself died, as long as the Sun comes up each day, life on Earth will continue forever. Therefore, it was said in the ancient texts that everlasting life was "the gift" that the Father gives through his Sun. For..."God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten SUN that we may have life everlasting"....on Earth!
Not for you personally - but ON EARTH... everlasting life!

10. Since evil and harm lurked at every turn in the fearful dark of night, all evil or harmful deeds were naturally, the..."works of darkness."

11. With the return of the Sun each morning, man felt more secure in his world and therefore, was at peace. Therefore, God's 'Sun' was with his warm rays of life and hope...The Great "Prince of Peace".

12. And of course the reverse was equally true. The dark evil of night was ruled by none other than..."Prince of Darkness"... The EVIL / DEVIL.

13. Our English words 'Good' and 'God' we get from the German word 'Goth' as in 'Gothic'. Now we see God is Good, and Devil is Evil

14. It was only a short step to see "The Light of God's Sun" equated with the light of truth - and evil equated with darkness. From then on, it was simple to understand...
"LIGHT was GOOD - DARK was BAD."

15. That being true, then the Great Orb of Day (God's Sun) could rightly say of itself,
"I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, and no man comes to the Father except through me", or one comes to God Only by the Light of Truth.

www.jordanmaxwell.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There is none other:

Malachi 4:1-6
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

The sun is both destruction and essential for life.

However....Jesus (or any other archetype of the SUN) NEVER said: 'Worship me.'

He said 'I am here to serve.'

We are not to worship the sun - we are to worship God in spirit and truth and that spirit is love...we are to love eachother for what we all already are: each a corpuscle/cell in the body of GOD.

The sun serves us and we serve eachother in the name of God.

It's so very elemental yet we are barely coming to the point in our shared spiritual evolution where we can understand it without confusion. It's all good. The timing is right on.

peace!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hey,

Off topic here....., but is that not a SLAYER emblem as your avatar? Just wondering, did not know that slayer fans where that big in to the bible, not that you can't be a slayer fan, and a christian, just do not see it that often. Kind of like a Satanist that is a Stryper Fan

Anyway...more back on topic........ With out going in to much depth, i do not think it is way off, to see the "SUN" as the christian "SON" In a way the "SUN" has a "crown of Thorns" and dies and is "reborn" or "ressurected" every morning. And mainly "ressurected" in the spring when the days become longer. The spring being the christian easter, which ofcourse they stole from the Pagan holidays.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is a theory that gets circulated quite regularly. I sometimes can see how people would wonder, but I really don't think it's legitimate. If the "Son of God" is just a metaphor for the sun, then how does one explain the miracles of Jesus... Certainly the sun didn't bring Lazarus back to life,or turn water into wine at a wedding.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
video.google.com...

please. anybody? watch this video and help me understand. is everything ive been taught about the bible been untrue?? please tell me this guy is wrong.

Here is another video that you MUST see. It teaches the origin of modern day religion and the gnostic teaching. I was dumbfounded when I first watched it.

www.gnosticmedia.com...:3

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreWithin
Hey,

Off topic here....., but is that not a SLAYER emblem as your avatar? Just wondering, did not know that slayer fans where that big in to the bible, not that you can't be a slayer fan, and a christian, just do not see it that often. Kind of like a Satanist that is a Stryper Fan

Anyway...more back on topic........ With out going in to much depth, i do not think it is way off, to see the "SUN" as the christian "SON" In a way the "SUN" has a "crown of Thorns" and dies and is "reborn" or "ressurected" every morning. And mainly "ressurected" in the spring when the days become longer. The spring being the christian easter, which ofcourse they stole from the Pagan holidays.

yep thats a slayer emblem. i know what the message is that slayer puts out. i use to listen to them. know just about every word to every song... but thats not why i have the emblem. take the slayer away from the equation and what do you get? what is this two headed bird? ya know where im coming from...as far as the thread goes....did you watch the video?

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

A line through the ages. Can't describe it, but if you watch it you will understand why i posted it in this thread. Its basically the dechipering of a crop circle, and uses references to the Bible (like the Sun/Son of God etc).

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Early Church Father Tertullian (@ 160-220 C.E.) bishop of Carthage, admits the true origins of the Christ story by stating in refutation of his critics, "You say we worship the sun; so do you."

@speakeroftruth

The Jesus story incorporates elements from the tales of other deities recorded in history..

From the tale of Horus..

El-Azar-us was raised from the dead (Lazarus)

And regarding the miracle of turning water into wine,the sun can turn water (rain) into wine (grapes)...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Funny that you created this particular thread, FunkyDung.

I am studying this exact theory/truth right now. I just got a book called "Suns of God", written by the same person who wrote "The Christ Conspiracy" and I am really coming to believe that it is the case, that the Sun is the Key.

I haven't watched the videos yet, but I will soon and will see how it all fits.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Funny that you created this particular thread, FunkyDung.

I am studying this exact theory/truth right now. I just got a book called "Suns of God", written by the same person who wrote "The Christ Conspiracy" and I am really coming to believe that it is the case, that the Sun is the Key.

I haven't watched the videos yet, but I will soon and will see how it all fits.

hey ia. it seems you and i are always looking into the same kinds of things no matter what time of year it is. yeah watch the video ive put in the first post. jordan maxwell seems to know what he is talking about. like ive said ive been thru the whole debate on the sun and the son many times but this is the first time that i have actually thought there is more to this than satan wanting to duplicate the christ.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Funkydung:
As much as this may seem like a troubling revelation for you, I urge you to embrace it. It's a blessing. Whether or not there is any truth to what the video says is not important. The important thing is you are starting to question things you once believed were absolute. Don't be afraid. The result of all this doesn't mean you may have to give up your faith. All it means is that there is nothing you should consider to be beyond question. There are no absolutes! I wish you luck.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
FunkyDung, What is ironic is in the western part of the United States of America is a place I call Lumeria and not Lemuria. This will go down in history as one of the greatest discoveries in history equaling the Great Egyptian Pyramids and other mysterious discoveries. In 3 different locations in Lumeria the word RA, the Sun God, has been engraved in stone that I have found so far.

Every race knowned to man was represented throughout Lumeria and this covers a vast area. The Lumerians existed between 50,000 and 1.4 million years ago. This is a missing link that is not discused in history books. I learned to see the statues and monuments in Lumeria while scanning satellite and ground zero photos of Mars. I learned to see holograms and burnt image photos, reverse images, of humanoids in the rocks on this Planet Earth, again in this massive area that I call Lumeria.

I do know one thing that the government knows Lumeria to exist because a large portion of it's area mass is off limits. It takes a trained eye to see these statues because they are coated with crystals. This is what I call nano technology or stealthing an object by using crystals.

No one has to believe what I say or have seen in Lumeria at this point in time, but this will come out in my life time about this magnificent find. I could write a book on what I have discovered already but have not even scratched the surface yet. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
This is a theory that gets circulated quite regularly. I sometimes can see how people would wonder, but I really don't think it's legitimate. If the "Son of God" is just a metaphor for the sun, then how does one explain the miracles of Jesus... Certainly the sun didn't bring Lazarus back to life,or turn water into wine at a wedding.

this is a very good question. what about the miracles that jesus did. this thread is about the sun and the son but i have also dove into the discussion of jesus being from an advanced civilization that created us....but thats another thread of mine....
if this is true then he would have no problem doing the things he did.....im really trying to sort all of this out....for good reason.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but now that i have watched this video i posted it makes me ask more questions....what if jesus is just a symbol of the sun....

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
hi everyone,

this is my first post, ive been a member for a while but refrained from posting for various reasons but i couldnt help myself with this one, i would like to thank you funkydung for posting this video, ive just finished watching it, and i found it very interesting, i cant believe ive never heard of this guy before, i will definately be looking for more of his work, for anyone else thinking about watching it, it is 3 hours long and to be honest i wish it was longer!, it isnt just about the sun/son connection, there is a lot of information in this video, apparently he brung david icke into the game so to speak but they have since fallen out, and has also worked with zecharia sitchin, anyway thanks again for posting, and i will be flagging this thread so hopefully more people will watch the video

peace and love to you all

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_greenthumb
hi everyone,

this is my first post, ive been a member for a while but refrained from posting for various reasons but i couldnt help myself with this one, i would like to thank you funkydung for posting this video, ive just finished watching it, and i found it very interesting, i cant believe ive never heard of this guy before, i will definately be looking for more of his work, for anyone else thinking about watching it, it is 3 hours long and to be honest i wish it was longer!, it isnt just about the sun/son connection, there is a lot of information in this video, apparently he brung david icke into the game so to speak but they have since fallen out, and has also worked with zecharia sitchin, anyway thanks again for posting, and i will be flagging this thread so hopefully more people will watch the video

thanks doc. i couldnt have said it better. i was hoping he would explain a little more. but here is a thread with another jordan maxwells videos
Hidden symbols in plain site, in churches, corporate logos, occult...explained in full
i had to take a step back...im still trying to sort some things out because of the first video. i mean this is a pretty big deal to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_greenthumb
hi everyone,

thanks doc. i couldnt have said it better. i was hoping he would explain a little more. but here is a thread with another jordan maxwells videos
Hidden symbols in plain site, in churches, corporate logos, occult...explained in full
i had to take a step back...im still trying to sort some things out because of the first video.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Remember that the Bible wasn't written in English... and in fact, wasn't translated into English until the 1400's.

Now... remember that I always say that to get at the truth you have to go back to the ORIGINAL texts. There's plenty of concordances, but the most popular one is this:
www.blueletterbible.org...

If you look up every verse with the word, "son" in it, you will see that it's specifically 'male offspring'. If you then look up "sun" you will see that it's quite a different word.

The "English Is The Only Language" folks don't understand how languages evolve and how words are formed (they often go with the "if it sounds like this word then they must b the same thing in two different languages" approach... which is very wrong.)

So... no, there's nothing in it beyond someone trying to persuade you on a load of disinformation that could be easily destroyed if you just think to look at the original sources.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The same thing, by the way, is true of symbols. You have to look at "what did it mean at the time the symbol was created" -- and not assume that you know what the meaning is just because it means one thing in our modern society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join