It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Vehicles and Advanced Technology in the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
hi all....just thought i would post this. ive been reading this website for a while now and it has some great information for those wondering about the subject. personally i believe that most of what we read about in the bible is a form of advanced technology. this is does not discredit the power of the creator in any way.

www.bibleufo.com...

Flying Vehicles and Advanced Technology in the Bible

This section of the work deals with the physical and flight characteristics of the flying vehicles in the Bible. It is important to understand that, since many of these descriptions occur in a place called "heaven", learning what the word means is crucial to proper understanding of the verses, in which, it appears. In the obscure language the translators used, heaven meant the sky. The word "sky" or "skies" only appears a dozen times in the entire Bible, although most of the events occur outside. The words "fly" and "flying" occurs 38 times; the word flight is not included as it meant "to flee" in every instance. This reveals examples of "godly" flight but, though these flights are described, in some instances, as being in the sky, they also flew in "heaven". The word "heaven" or "heavens" is translated from Hebrew and Greek words that mean "the sky", or directly related to the sky, in 99.7%, or all but 2, of the 730 times it appears, in both the Old and New Testaments. The vehicles described in the Bible are flying in the sky. The research on this concept can be found here. Heaven Is The Sky

This concept can easily be divided into four logical categories:

Two Important Verses
Verses describing the need for these vehicles and a likely description
of a vast number and variety of the vessels in the fleet.

The Vehicles

What Are They Flying?

The Lord Yhovah of the Old Testament, who became the Lord Jesus of the New Testament, is described as flying in thick clouds, swift clouds, bright clouds, dark clouds, white clouds, low clouds, great clouds, and fiery clouds. There are platforms, vessels, whirling chariots of fire, sky thrones, fiery horses, cherubims, thick darkness, great fire, whirlwinds, fiery wheels, pavilions, dark waters, storms, sky dwellings, rolls, and sanctuaries. Whether, or not, one believes these objects are actually flying vehicles that the God of the Bible lives in, appears with, travels in, and is considered the seat of his power is a matter of opinion. The fact that they do not appear without him or his ambassadors, and that, in most major appearances, he and other beings are clearly described as directly associated with these flying objects, is undeniable.

Clouds Pillars Thrones Chariots Dwellings Lights and Fire Spinning Objects Dark Objects

How Do These Vehicles Fly?

The fact that the objects described in the Bible are controlled, flying craft, is borne out by the flight characteristics of those objects. In Bible text the objects associated with the Elohiym are shown to exhibit rapid, prolonged flight, they ascend and descend, and they hover for extended periods. If these objects were just ethereal images created by ethereal beings, these flight descriptions would have no relevance. The fact that the authors wrote about the flight routine of these objects is evidence that they have a distinct physical presence.

There are 162 verses describing the specific
flight characteristics of vehicles in the Bible

In Flight Ascending

Descending

Hovering

The Beings

Who Is Commanding These High-Tech Flying Machines?

Two main beings are directly associated with the flying vehicles, the Elohiym, the gods, (See The Reality of God), and the Malak, the angels). Others include Archangels, Elders, Ministers, Saints, Watchers, and Men. There is another group which, though assumed to be living entities, are described in a manner that indicates they may be devices or machines. This group includes Cherubim, Seraphim, Living Creatures, and Beasts. Also presented are the beings that are associated with the modern UFO phenomenon by misplaced religious zeal; Satan and devils. A fleet of flying vehicles, described as the army, or Hosts, of Yhovah, appears several times and the importance of this fleet to the Biblical narrative is seriously underrated. Close encounters, from face to face conversations and beam-ups to meetings, are well documented in Biblical text and are a major part of many of the Bible's, more phenomenal, events. The nature of Yhovah in his human form as Jesus is a grossly neglected aspect of the Bible. Another questionable facet of accepted Biblical doctrine is the Holy Spirit as an individual member of a supreme triad. Is the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost a being or a spiritual force? And, do angels have wings, halos, and harps? If they do, the Bible doesn't mention this, nor does it mention a devil with horns, a pitchfork or a pointed tail.

Technology

Are These High Technology Vehicles Or Images?

Glowing and flashing lights, light beams, and guiding lights are the most frequently associated technological aspect of the flying objects of the Bible. Broadcasting of voices, sounds, and extreme vibrations are, ever present in close proximity to these craft. The term "glory" emerges as the combination of all these effects and is directly connected to the grandeur of the vehicle's appearance. Devices on board can alter weather patterns, cause earthquakes, dry up seas, level cities, and alter the planet's movements. Beams of light that consume and transport beings and things are clearly described as an arsenal of what can only be called transporter beams, high-tech weapons imagined in science fiction. Mechanical devices adorning the vehicles are described as living things, but their movements point to synchronized movement, metal construction, and attached lights, unknown to primitive society, though easily recognized in this modern age. Human bioengineering, mental manipulation, creating and healing diseases, and bringing the dead back to life that are described that mirror, as well as, exceed modern science. We do not claim that all miraculous events are caused by technological means, but many can be seen directly associated with many things we see in our modern world and the realm of science fiction.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ezekiel
Ascending Brilliance And Splendor
10:4 Then the glory of the Lord went up from the cherub, and stood over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the Lord's glory.
Brightness =brilliancy.

Ascending Cherubims
10:15 And the cherubims were lifted up. This is the living creature that I saw by the river of Chebar.
This is the same craft Ezekiel first described in chapter 1.

Ascending Wheels
10:16 And when the cherubims went, the wheels went by them: and when the cherubims lifted up their wings to mount up from the earth, the same wheels also turned not from beside them.
All the parts of the devices are synchronized.

Synchronized Ascension
10:17 When they stood, these stood; and when they were lifted up, these lifted up themselves also: for the spirit of the living creature was in them.
Everything is ascending in unison.

Splendor Of Yhovah Ascends And Hovers
10:18 Then the glory of the Lord departed from off the threshold of the house, and stood over the cherubims.
Off = above.

Ascending Wheels
10:19 And the cherubims lifted up their wings, and mounted up from the earth in my sight: when they went out, the wheels also were beside them, and every one stood at the door of the east gate of the Lord's house; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.
The splendor of Yhovah is on top of the devices.

Ezekiel Ascends
11:1 Moreover the spirit lifted me up, and brought me unto the east gate of the Lord's house, which looketh eastward: and behold at the door of the gate five and twenty men; among whom I saw Jaazaniah the son of Azur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people.
Ezekiel is lifted and transported.

Ezekiel Taken Up
43:5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the Lord filled the house.
Ezekiel is lifted and transported.

Mark
Jesus Taken Up Into The Sky
16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Jesus is taken up into the sky. " received up" = taken up.

Luke
Angels Go Into The Sky
2:15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
The angels who are with the shepherds rise into the sky

Jesus Is Taken Up Into The Sky
24:51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
Jesus is taken up into the sky. " carried up" = taken up.

John
Angels Ascending And Descending
1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.
See Genesis 28:12

All Who Ascend Into The Sky Descend
3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
No man has ascended into the sky without the action of Jesus who descended from the sky.

Jesus Ascends
6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
Asking what if they see him ascend up into the sky where he was before he became a man.

Jesus Will Ascend
20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Jesus warns Mary not to cling to him as he is undergoing a transition that will lead to his ascension into the sky..

Acts
Jesus Is Taken Up
1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen.
Jesus ascends into the sky.

Jesus Is Taken Up Into A Cloud
1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Jesus is taken up into the bottom of a cloud and they lost sight of him.

Jesus Was Taken Up
1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
This is a reference to the ascension of Jesus into the sky.

The Apparatus Ascends Into The Sky
10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
The craft ascended into the sky.

2 Corinthians
Ascend To Paradise
12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
Paul speaks of a man being seized and taken up into the paradise.

Ephesians
Jesus Ascended Above All The Skies
4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Jesus has gone up much higher than all the skies.

1 Timothy
Received Up Into Glory
3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 Peter
Jesus Has Gone Into The Sky
3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
Jesus has gone into the sky.

Revelation
Angel Ascending
7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

Witnesses Ascend Into The Sky
11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
The two witnesses, after being resurrected, hear a great voice from the sky and ascend into the sky in a cloud.
www.bibleufo.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
www.bibleufo.com...

Mark
A Voice From The Sky
1:10
And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
The “Spirit” descended from the sky.

Luke
Spirit Descends
3:21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
The sky opened. The Holy Spirit in a physical shape descends and the Father spoke. The Holy Ghost and the Holy Spirit are the same force.

An Angel From The Sky
22:43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
As following the forty-day desert fast, an angel comes out of the sky and gives him aid. See Matthew 4:11

John
Spirit Descends From The Sky
1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
This Spirit appears to be some form of energy. See Acts 2:2

Angels Ascending And Descending
1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

All Who Ascend Into The Sky Descend
3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
No man has ascended into the sky without the action of Jesus who descended from the sky.

He That Comes From The Sky
3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
Jesus comes from above.

Bread From The Sky
6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Jesus is clearly saying that he is a spiritual likeness of manna, which also came as a gift from the sky.

Jesus Descended From The Sky
6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Jesus says he came from the sky.

6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Jesus is from the sky.

6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
Jesus came down from the sky.

Jesus Is From Above
8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
Jesus came from above.

Acts
God Descended
7:34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.
Yhovah descends to rescue Israel.

An Apparatus Descends From The Sky
10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Peter sees craft descending from the sky. Vessel = apparatus.

11:5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
Peter describes the encounter mentioned in Acts10:11.

1 Thessalonians
Jesus Will Descend From The Sky
4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first
Jesus will descend from the sky.

1 Peter
Spirit Sent Down From The Sky
1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
The Holy Spirit is sent down from the sky.

Revelation
A City Will Descend From The Sky
3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
A city will descend from the sky.

Angel Ascending
7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
An angel ascends from an easterly direction, obviously out of the sky.

A Brilliant Angel Descends From The Sky
10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
An angel, standing on a fiery platform, descends from heaven. Pillar = base.

An Angel From The Sky Shines Rays Of Light On The Ground
18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
An angel, descending from the sky, projects beams or rays of light to the ground.

An Angel Descends From The Sky
20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
An angel descends from the sky.

Fire From The Sky
20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
A fire comes down from the sky.

A Great City Descends From The Sky
21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
A great city descends out of the sky

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
www.bibleufo.com...

Hovering Craft
There are 25 verses describing vehicles as hovering in the air and just
above the ground the ground in the Bible

In nature
, clouds are seen high in the sky and low to the ground and, of course, move steadily through the atmosphere. But, clouds don't stop and hover for days, weeks, and months. The objects the authors call Yhovah's clouds do stop and hover for extended periods of time. Even to this day, only helicopters, some jets, hummingbirds, insects, and UFOs are described as hovering. Only one of these can accomplish this feat of gravitational defiance for extended periods.

Exodus
Hovering Over The Mount
24:15 And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. 16 And the glory of the Lord abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.
The cloud-like solid object is covering the mountain and hovers in that position for six days.

The Hovering Vehicle, Glory, And Light
40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. 35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. 36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys: 37 But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up. 38 For the cloud of the Lord was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.
The flying object remained in the presence of the nation wherever it went.

Numbers
Long Term Hovering And Maneuvering
9:15 And on the day that the tabernacle was reared up the cloud covered the tabernacle, namely, the tent of the testimony: and at even there was upon the tabernacle as it were the appearance of fire, until the morning.
The vehicle hovers over the tabernacle and glows all night.

The Vehicle Provides Shade And Light
9:16 So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night.
The vehicle provides shade during the day and illumination at night.

The Vehicle Ascends And Hovers
9:17 And when the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle, then after that the children of Israel journeyed: and in the place where the cloud abode, there the children of Israel pitched their tents.
The people camp until the vehicle ascends.They move and reset the camp wherever it stops and hovers.

The Vehicle Hovers For Days
9:18 At the commandment of the Lord the children of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the Lord they pitched: as long as the cloud abode upon the tabernacle they rested in their tents. 19 And when the cloud tarried long upon the tabernacle many days, then the children of Israel kept the charge of the Lord, and journeyed not.
The people do not travel unless the vehicle moves.

The Vehicle Hovers For Months
9: 22 Or whether it were two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining hereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed.
It is made clear that the movement of the people is dependent on the flight of the craft. The word ' upon ', when used in the preceding text, is taken from the word ' al ' which means above or over. This means that the craft is hovering in the air over the tabernacle for as much as a year at a time. When it ascends higher and flies off, they follow it.

Takeoff And Landing
10:11 And it came to pass on the twentieth day of the second month, in the second year, that the cloud was taken up from off the tabernacle of the testimony. 12 And the children of Israel took their journeys out of the wilderness of Sinai; and the cloud rested in the wilderness of Paran.
A pattern of moving from place to place goes on for forty years following the ascending and descending craft.

Yhovah Hovers Over
10:34 And the cloud of the Lord was upon them by day, when they went out of the camp.
The craft is hovering over them as they are breaking camp.

Flying, Vehicular Deterrent
14:14 And they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land: for they have heard that thou Lord art among this people, that thou Lord art seen face to face, and that thy cloud standeth over them, and that thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night.
The flying craft, hovering over the people, will be ample evidence of the presence of Yhovah.

Glory Comes From The Craft
16:12 And it came to pass, when the congregation was gathered against Moses and against Aaron, that they looked toward the tabernacle of the congregation: and, behold, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the Lord appeared.
The flying craft hovers over the tabernacle and is described as the glory.

1 Chronicles
Hovering Angel
21:16 And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the Lord stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.
An angel is floating in the sky.

Matthew
A Moving And Hovering Star
2:9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
A star moves through the sky and hovers over Jesus.

A Very Bright Cloud Hovers
17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
A radiant cloud enveloped them in a brilliant haze and the Father spoke from the cloud.

Mark
The Transfiguration Cloud
9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. 8 And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.
This is known as the “Transfiguration”. Jesus tells his apostles that some of them will see the realm of God before they die. Jesus is praying and his appearance changes. His clothes became pure white and gleaming. Two men appear with Jesus and a cloud enveloped them with a brilliant haze and suddenly the two men disappear.

Luke
Angel And Bright Lights
2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
An angel of Yhovah came over shepherds in the field and the area around them became brightly illuminated.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That's quite interesting. Here's another example that might be considered

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I remember reading somthing in Eric Daniken's Chariot of the Gods where it posed the possibility that God's destruction of Sodom and Gomorra could possibly have been a nuclear weapon.

Apart from that tidbit great post!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
hi all....just thought i would post this. ive been reading this website for a while now and it has some great information for those wondering about the subject. personally i believe that most of what we read about in the bible is a form of advanced technology. this is does not discredit the power of the creator in any way.

And how do you figure that it does NOT detract from any creator? If there were flying objects with beings, that could be taken as - 'god' was the commander of a race of aliens or some other mad theory.

Start adding technology to a non technological society then the artificers are NOT gods but only technological advanced beings.

So again I ask how this does not discredit a creator? When it more clearly brings god a bit closer to us - in the form of a technological being.

Also you should read about the Vimana's and such like in the Vedic stories such as Mahabharata - loads of flying vehicles and weapons etc.

G

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The appearance of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle; and on their heads appeared to be crowns like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.

They had hair like the hair of women, and their teeth were like the teeth of lions.

They had breastplates like breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots, of many horses rushing to battle.

Do these descriptions sound like a helicopter to anyone else?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

And how do you figure that it does NOT detract from any creator? If there were flying objects with beings, that could be taken as - 'god' was the commander of a race of aliens or some other mad theory.

mad theory? if some race is advanced enough to create us by use of advanced tech then that would not detract from being the creator.

Start adding technology to a non technological society then the artificers are NOT gods but only technological advanced beings.

that created the human race by using advanced technology or something a little more advanced than technology.

So again I ask how this does not discredit a creator? When it more clearly brings god a bit closer to us - in the form of a technological being.

we were created in his image. so yeah we are probably more like our creator than we realize.

Also you should read about the Vimana's and such like in the Vedic stories such as Mahabharata - loads of flying vehicles and weapons etc.

thanks...i havent heard of these stories but ill check em out.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

mad theory? if some race is advanced enough to create us by use of advanced tech then that would not detract from being the creator.
I see where your at - I was talking the detraction from the creator being a god or deity not on being the technological creator

that created the human race by using advanced technology or something a little more advanced than technology.
But that doesnt make them divine gods only advanced beings.

we were created in his image. so yeah we are probably more like our creator than we realize.
So he made monkeys and apes as well in his image? What about lobsters? Does god look like a lobster?

thanks...i havent heard of these stories but ill check em out.

You should because it puts your technological bible 'gods' in the realm of possibility.

G

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Well, erm, it would not detract from a creator at all, in the sense that man creates houses, paracetomol and hamburgers. However, the conventional "god" is never meant in that sense of a creator. What of the creator? (i.e. the philosophical uncaused cause?). The normal proposition is not that "god" took pre-existent materials and manipulated them to create things. As far as your posting goes, this says nothing at all about the creator at all, so in that sense, yes, does not diminish any concepts of that kind of "god" at all - as it does not touch them.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by d60944]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Well, erm, it would not detract from a creator at all, in the sense that man creates houses, paracetomol and hamburgers. However, the conventional "god" is never meant in that sense of a creator. What of the creator? (i.e. the philosophical uncaused cause?). The normal proposition is not that "god" took pre-existent materials and manipulated them to create things. As far as your posting goes, this says nothing at all about the creator at all, so in that sense, yes, does not diminish any concepts of that kind of "god" at all - as it does not touch them.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by d60944]
OK, What I'm saying is that if the bible stories are talking of 'god' being a technologicaly advanced being then that WOULD diminish any responsibility that the so called divine biblical being had. A divine being is based on Faith while a technological being is based on fact - there is a clear distinction that if the biblical god was factual then the divine biblical being is false (a creation if you will).

There is also no evidence that a technological god created us - they might just have given us the 'knowledge of good and evil'.
G

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Interesting thread, I have read many instances of bible references to perhaps alien descriptions or advance technology.

Taking into consideration that the ancient people of the bible interpreted their surroundings with the best of their primitive capabilities, it is very possible that the bible may have descriptions of things that the primitive minds could not comprehend and by that giving them divine interpretations.

But we may never truly know for sure.

top topics

join