It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Sun" really the "Son" of God?? Video has me second guessing the bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
AMEN comes from AMON "RA"
The hat the pope wears is an open fish mouth stemming from a Pagan ritual.

I do not believe the SON / SUN anology for the reasons Byrd has just mentioned.

Also discussed before:

Jezus has amazing similarities with Pagan gods and heroes.

Watch The God Who Wasn´t There by (former) Christian Fundamentalist Brian Flemming.
Relevant clips: Before Christ and Beginning of the Myth
If you are still true to the faith after watching that film you are a believer despite the facts.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by Truth4hire]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Remember that the Bible wasn't written in English... and in fact, wasn't translated into English until the 1400's.

Now... remember that I always say that to get at the truth you have to go back to the ORIGINAL texts. There's plenty of concordances, but the most popular one is this:
www.blueletterbible.org...

If you look up every verse with the word, "son" in it, you will see that it's specifically 'male offspring'. If you then look up "sun" you will see that it's quite a different word.

The "English Is The Only Language" folks don't understand how languages evolve and how words are formed (they often go with the "if it sounds like this word then they must b the same thing in two different languages" approach... which is very wrong.)

So... no, there's nothing in it beyond someone trying to persuade you on a load of disinformation that could be easily destroyed if you just think to look at the original sources.

hey byrd...what did you think about the video? do you think jordan is spreading disinformation? of course this went thru my mind as i watched this. i tried to pick up on any false readings that i could...but like i said, after watching it im having to rethink some things.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If the normal everyday explanations of *truth* fit, then I for one wouldn't spend the majority of my life seeking it. I would simply bask in the knowledge and satisfaction of understanding.

This is not the case. I have walked down that isle in church many times saying the sinners prayer thinking I must have done something wrong because I just can't feel "Jesus living in my heart" although I do feel a presence of love and protection in my life from a source which I can't identify or name I don't even feel my heart, which is a muscle, so I certainly haven't noticed anyone taking up residence there. And trust me, I wanted it.

I think the key is somewhere in the area of light, maybe inner light, like that which comes from the chemical happenings with the pineal gland. I beleive biblically it was said even that "Daniel met God in the land of Peniel" There is much more to be said about biblical quotes and light.

I think alot of us are aware or believe that much truth was hidden many years ago and we were left with watered down insufficient answers to questions to allow us to be empowered as human beings.

It is still pretty unclear as to exactly what is being conveyed by using the Sun as the symbol as a deity or a son of a diety. It get murky because then we have to examine the meanings of a "torchbearer" and Lucifer's role as a bearer of light.

Keep it going, maybe we can learn more.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
If the normal everyday explanations of *truth* fit, then I for one wouldn't spend the majority of my life seeking it. I would simply bask in the knowledge and satisfaction of understanding.

It is still pretty unclear as to exactly what is being conveyed by using the Sun as the symbol as a deity or a son of a diety. It get murky because then we have to examine the meanings of a "torchbearer" and Lucifer's role as a bearer of light.

yeah that last part has stuck with me since i seen jordans video. i tend to figure the tree of knowledge into the equation. do i want to eat from it or the tree of life? this whole subject is definatly not for the sunday morning joe to try and figure out. but maybe he has all the answers....to keep it simple.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
Jezus has amazing similarities with Pagan gods and heroes.

Watch The God Who Wasn´t There by (former) Christian Fundamentalist Brian Flemming.
Relevant clips: Before Christ and Beginning of the Myth

This has no significance? More than the Jordan vid I would say.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i do slightly belive that god is the sun reason being is some pictures in tarot cards and if you look at a star sign chart its a circle, with all the different star signs and in the middle of that circle is the sun. Now if you see the chart, you can make a cross, each point of the cross is 4 seasons winter, spring, summer, autum? but heres a pick the closet thing i can find to what im trying to explain.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Swissgarud,

The image you posted does prove interesting, and opens a new line of thought for me coupled with something I learned in a special on TV about Isaac Newton.

Newton was big into alchemy and he said that myths were actually secret alchemical recipes and that celestial myths could be decoded to provide the way to make the Philosopher's Stone.

Maybe there is more to it that we need a key to understand.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Funky.............this guy is a clown whose only purpose is to lead you from the truth.

A lot of the things he tells you are true........Like the Roman Church and the NWO etc. BUT THAT'S IN THE BIBLE.

I will be happy to chop to little pieces anything in there that you have a question about.

Example. He tells you about the Popes Mitre and traces it to the false god Dagon..........but does he tell you who Dagon is???????? Nimrod.

He talks of the false goddess Circe and says that is the origin of the word CHURCH..........but does he tell you who Circe is????????? Semiramis.

He points to a church steeple and says that it represents the male phalus..........but does he say where that originated????????? Semiramis is said to become pregnant by the sun god Baal and the obelisk is a ray of the sun....and the sun gods phalus.

He talks alot about Saturn at the first of the film.......and yet never once mentions that Saturn was considered Satan.

He mentions Vulcan, Jupiter and Mars and never mentions that they represent Nimrod.

He mentions Osiris, Isis and Horus calling them a myth but never mentions they are Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz.

He mentions that the planet Venus is the cresent symbol used by Islam when it is in fact the crescent moon representing the moon god of Islam. They are on a lunar calendar etc.

He mentions the Passover and says it is talking about the sun passing over when in fact the Jewish Passover represents when the angel of death passed over those with the blood of the lamb on their doorposts in Egypt. The angel killed the first born of any house without the blood.

He talks about the Palestinians but does not mention that Palestine was in a different area and the Palestinians are not Arabs.

He talks alot about astrology and the Bible and yet never mentions that astrology comes from Babylon. Lucifers attempt to con the world.

He says there is no Lucifer and says Lucifer was Venus. Lucifer is considered Venus(the morning star) as Satan was considered Saturn. Lucifer the bringer of light was cast out of heaven and Satan appears as an angel of light. Semiramis is also considered Venus.

I also noted he talked a lot about the evil people wearing black and I guess it slipped his mind that he was dressed in black. I noted the sixpointed star hanging by him as he worked the slides.

He talks of the false trinity and declares it to be the three locations of the sun. He's wrong, the trinity is the sun, the moon and the stars.........from Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz.

Don't be fooled by this chump..............He likes to tell you where things come from.........but he falls short constantly.

[edit on 8-5-2007 by Sun Matrix]

[edit on 8-5-2007 by Sun Matrix]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think thread was a Star Trek episode... Bread and Circuses

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by Truth4hire
AMEN comes from AMON "RA"

No it doesn't.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5/8/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sun Matrix

People were associating with planets way before the Babylonian trio of which you speak.

For instance Jupiter was Jove who came before Nimrod and the reference to Dagon comes from the myths of the water god from Sirius or the Atlanteans.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Sun Matrix

People were associating with planets way before the Babylonian trio of which you speak.

For instance Jupiter was Jove who came before Nimrod and the reference to Dagon comes from the myths of the water god from Sirius or the Atlanteans.

Really...........Then how about putting some approximate dates on Jove, Nimrod and Sirius

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydunghey byrd...what did you think about the video?

I think he's reasonably sincere, and totally clueless. He apparently thinks the English language was unchanged and that languages never add new words and that "if it sounds like this in another language then it came from that."

So he's "inspired/channeling info" but he has no knowledge of truth. This shows in things like his derivation of the word, "church" (which actually comes from words meaning "high ruler/lord's house.) It was at this point that I quit watching because it was so full of untruths and disinformation. He's quite sincere, but he's off on some head trip that doesn't match with reality and he's not interested in having it match to reality.

If you follow him, you follow a path into complete error.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by Byrd]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Sun Matrix

Really...........Then how about putting some approximate dates on Jove, Nimrod and Sirius

Okay then Sun Matrix, what do you believe was happening before Nimrod, Semiramis, and Tammuz came along? Do you think that all that came before just disappeared when they came along the scene?

And what about the Atlanteans, or that which they represent? What about the Brotherhood of the Snake which was split in two?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Okay then Sun Matrix, what do you believe was happening before Nimrod, Semiramis, and Tammuz came along? Do you think that all that came before just disappeared when they came along the scene?

Nope..........I think everything disappeared right before they came on the scene. That would be a global flood. Nimrod was the son of Cush, who was the son of Ham, who was the son of Noah. God destroyed the earth because of the evil on the earth. The knowledge of the Garden was re-established through Nimrod.

And what about the Atlanteans, or that which they represent?

Gone.....destroyed in the flood.

What about the Brotherhood of the Snake which was split in two?

I think the Brotherhood of the Snake is crock.

I do believe that the Freemasons........Illuminati..........Catholics.........Rocicrucians etc. all got their knowledge through Egypt. That knowledge came from Zoroaster who is Nimrod.(I am not talking about Zoroaster the Iranian prophet 1000+++ years later, put there to further confuse the timeline.)

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
please. anybody? watch this video and help me understand. is everything ive been taught about the bible been untrue?? please tell me this guy is wrong.

He's wrong. Whatever you were taught is true. It doesn't matter that no prominent historian from Jesus' time mentions him in state records. The fact that 325 years later, Emperor Constantine combined the current state religion of paganism with a modest selection of gnostic writings (destroying the rest), then 1500 years later (after most of our Druid forefathers were killed or converted) somebody wanted a divorce, so they fractured the Authoritarian Catholic Church (and let's not get into America's Illuminati Diest Forefathers here because I really don't think you can handle it)... what was I saying? Oh yeah, everything you were taught is true and the other 99.99 percent of the world is dumb as rocks.

Have a nice day Legionnaire. We who are about to die salute you!

[edit on 9-5-2007 by RANT]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

He's wrong. Whatever you were taught is true. It doesn't matter that no prominent historian from Jesus' time mentions him in state records. The fact that 325 years later, Emperor Constantine combined the current state religion of paganism with a modest selection of gnostic writings (destroying the rest), then 1500 years later (after most of our Druid forefathers were killed or converted) somebody wanted a divorce, so they fractured the Authoritarian Catholic Church (and let's not get into America's Illuminati Diest Forefathers here because I really don't think you can handle it)... what was I saying? Oh yeah, everything you were taught is true and the other 99.99 percent of the world is dumb as rocks.

You make some valid points...............interesting that it's the exact thing that the Bible prophesies will happen.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sun Matrix, so in your opinion why do you think that Nimrod and Semerimis got the big idea to carry on the way they did? Was it an idea that they just thought of or are they living a legacy of another grand plan?

If Nimrod is 3rd generation of Noah it puts me in mind of something I read about Noah being likened to the watchers or nephilim because of his snow white hair, his unusual blue eyes, and his shining countenance.

Oh well, you can't just explain everything by saying that Nimrod and company started this whole ball rolling, they surely were influenced by something or someone.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.....in one thread you're touting yourself as a "true Christian". And now you're wondering if the "sun" is the "Son" of God, AND you're second guessing the Bible.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
So let me get this straight.....in one thread you're touting yourself as a "true Christian". And now you're wondering if the "sun" is the "Son" of God, AND you're second guessing the Bible.

Interesting that you choose the word "Touting". It says much about your mindset.

Is there a problem with Christians questioning that which they believe? Your post smells strongly of a judgemental attitude, I thought that one of Jesus' big lessons advocated an attitude of judge not lest you be judged.

Blind faith is very childish when it comes to denying ignorance. Mind you, I am not saying that Christians are ignorant but I tend to think that an institution which frowns upon one thinking for himself and questioning things that speak to his instincts is one that creates a system of power and control rather than life affirming, personal empowerment as a human being.

But what do I know???

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Oh well, you can't just explain everything by saying that Nimrod and company started this whole ball rolling, they surely were influenced by something or someone.

Uhhhh.........uhhhhhhhhh.........uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh.......LUCIFER.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join