It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wreckage of Air Force plane (searching for UFO) found in the Cascades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here is an interesting local TV news iitem:

Wreckage of Air Force plane (searching for UFO) found in the Cascades
www.king5.com...

Although many of you may be familiar with this,
here is a fascinating background to this story:
Kenneth Arnold's 1947 Sighting, the Maury Island Sighting and the Kelso Crash
www.seattlechatclub.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
8 flags no replies, ok I'll be the first! Good story, what I'm confused about is when the airplane was found? It seems that it was found a while back, pieces are already in a museum?

In any case neat story. I really wish the story was a bit longer and went into more detail, like how in the world did Jim Greane find the wreckage. I imagine it took many purposeful trips in the area to locate this needle in a HS.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The first thing that I think of is that it is the first air force crash (cos they had just split from the army) so it would be a natural target for folklore and rumour and such.

I'm oddly pessimistic today, getting old before my time!!

Worth reading further tho, ill put it on the list, cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This article ties in with the finding of the plane crash, a man went to the crash site and found a chunk of black rock he hopes is on the the pieces of evidence the plane was carrying at the time of the crash.

The rock is being analyzed to see what it might be.

LINK

Black chunk

Kelso resident James Greear heard about the crash 10 years ago and had made several attempts to find clues. He found almost nothing in the woods until earlier this month, when Bob Davenport told him the exact location. Davenport, now 75, was 15 at the time of the crash and one of the first people to rush to the wreckage.

Greear went to the crash site April 15 with Lipson and LeFevre.

In the north fork of Globe Creek, a friend of Greear's found a black chunk slightly larger than a softball that looks as if it could have once been lava.

"We are not making any claims of what it is," Lipson said.

But he and LeFevre are hopeful.

"You can tell it's been liquid because it's all full of bubbles," said Bill Beaty, a research engineer in the University of Washington's Chemistry Department. He plans to have a colleague analyze the chunk this week.

"We have to look at the bedrock in the hill and see what's there," he said. "If it looks like that, then it's probably the same.

"If this is totally different than the bedrock that's there, then this will be very interesting."

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Fbi Document

What I find somewhat odd is that on page 16 of the fbi declassified document it says that the crew chief and a Hitchhiker parachuted to safety....
anyone else find this to be a strange statement?

edit to correct the page number
thanks GreatLakes

[edit on 24-4-2007 by WhiteWash]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think Hitchhiker may be referring to a non-military person, like when a person uses the jumpseat on military cargo planes. This person may be an advisory role or similiar for the mission. Just my take on it good find

PS: for others looking, it was on pg 16 in my pdf file for some reason

[edit on 24-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
oops, my bad it is page 16.
sorry about that

You are probably correct greatlakes, I thought it strange terminology though
considering that such a "thorough" file would refer to a person in this manner instead of actually using their names...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yea at first upon reading your initial post I thought it may be a codeword for a particular person, but in the context it seems like it's a term for a non-crew member of the B-25 airplane. It may well be that the name of the hitchhiker IS being kept classified and only referred to as the hitchhiker. I have not seen any other reference to this term in the doc, have you?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
on page 17 they state that the crew were flying with disk fragments, which means they found something out there that was, at the time of the crash, still not explained.

If they found "dsik fragments" and the crewman recognized the debris it would probably have been stated that they identified the object and were bringing it back.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I know someone who shares landing space with the US Air Force. I have been told that we have cargo crafts that look like what we all call UFO's round saucer shaped crafts. These are classified aircrafts.

top topics

join