It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your opinion on Sleeper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The story of Sleeper is an incredible story to say the least one that opens up my imagination almost as much as when I first read JRR Tolkien’s book Lord of the Rings.

I am not going to sit here and say that his story is not true or that it is true because I don’t know either way but about a month ago I was watching star trek ( the new series)on a Monday night and their was an episode that aired I believe in April of 2003 it was Star trek enterprise episode 44.

This link will lead you to a page with a break down of the episode.
stent.epguides.info...

but to make it a little shorter I will post a quick break down of the story.
While traveling through space Enterprise encounters a very large ship and as it approaches they try to make contact with it, as they get close the large ship opens up and swallows Enterprise rendering all there systems useless. As the crew of Enterprise looks out of their ship and into this alien ship they see orbs all over the place and as they soon learn these orbs are non-corporeal beings.

At first it starts off with these beings just wanting to spread a little enlightening and as one orb enters one of the crews body it forces that crew member out who like an orb drifts off. When that crew member returns to his body he tells how he was able to instantaneously travel any where he wants into the universe.

Now obviously there is more to this story then just this and if you want you can go to that link I provided. But this leads me to my question.

When exactly was it when sleeper first told his story was it before or after this show aired?

Now I am not trying to imply that his story is fake and he got some of his ideas from this episode I am just trying to figure things out to see if I want to believe him or not.
There are a lot of similarity’s between his story and this story for instance the non-corporeal beings that are like floating orbs and the instantaneous travel between galaxy’s.

I understand he is a writer and does have books for sale from what has been posted here on ATS but in his defense I believe that this information was brought to light from another member and he himself never spoke of it or tried to advertise it.

So what is your opinion do you think he is telling a fictitious story that he made up (if so it would make for a whole new series of movies), or do you think he is telling the truth.

Also do you think it is possible that he could be suffering from some illusion caused by an illness like in the movie A Beautiful Mind where Russell Crowe plays a character that spends most of his life thinking he is working for the government cracking codes but non of the government officials even exist (based on a true story).

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I am not sure if your 'opinion about sleeper' title is not viloating any ats rules.

Originally posted by MadMachinist
When exactly was it when sleeper first told his story was it before or after this show aired?

Now I am not trying to imply that his story is fake and he got some of his ideas from this episode I am just trying to figure things out to see if I want to believe him or not.
There are a lot of similarity’s between his story and this story for instance the non-corporeal beings that are like floating orbs and the instantaneous travel between galaxy’s.

The concept of bodyless entities (spirits / ghosts) in form of orb's is old. I guess you have to go a lot more far back than the star treck movie to figure where this view original came from.
The bodyless traveling in an instant simple by thought is also an already well known concept. keyword: OBE. NDE, Astral traveling.

Sleeper presented nothing new at all. I am still waiting to see something of value coming from him.

So what is your opinion do you think he is telling a fictitious story that he made up (if so it would make for a whole new series of movies), or do you think he is telling the truth.

Doubt that this would become a good movie. He is a writer. And this would be stuff for a nice sience fiction novell if he takes it as a base.

Also do you think it is possible that he could be suffering from some illusion caused by an illness like in the movie

I don't think so.
He eighter made all up or experienced what he said. But the last doesn't mean it is real. I can experience a dream (and his story has a lot more common of a dream state than that of a physical state) that intense like it is the real thing and when waking up you figure how far it is of the reality we live in (here). To differ if something is real or not within a dream can become very diffult even to that point that you are unable and also when you wake up you sometimes have to wonder if this dream as crazy as it was wasn't real when all your sense tell you it was. A step next to our awake state reality, reality is fuzzy for us. Reality and non reality is mixing and we become an easy target for manipulations. Was it real? Was it not? I guess not even sleeper knows it when he is honest. If you asume it is the real thing than be aware that he's view of the things is colored by his alien contact and one sided. Do not do the mistake and think this contacts tells him the uncolered truth and nothing but the truth.

I personel miss anything of value from sleeper. I figured he avoids any usefull and straight answer. His humor, as much as I welcome humorous people, he uses as a tool to avoid straight answers and is misspalced. IMO. Figure: Did he really tell you anything on a question where a straight answer would have a value? So the point if it is real or not what he tells doesn't really have weight. My own experiences have a lot more value to me!

I don't know more about his experiences than what he tells, but where he showed me that he is not good to differ between our reality and fiction is with his statement-thread titled:"The sun is pregnant!" Note: This is not a question if the sun could be pregnant but a statement which he never felt to back up and it turned out that this is just his idea out of nothing. (based on nothing.)
What concerns me, he left his credibility there and i can not help and based on this I have to judge the quality of the rest of his 'information' as low as this.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The original Star Trek (1960's?) had episodes that had corporeal beings, and way before the series, writers such as A.C. Clark, Rod Serling and the like dreamt up similar stuff.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
MadMachinist, may i ask what your purpose of this thread is? Reading sleeper´s threads should give you a pretty clear picture of who thinks what about sleeper.

There are numerous WILD theories on this board and yet i have seen none who get so much flak as sleeper...he quite obviously hits a nerve of some kind.

Personally my gut tells me he is the real deal, just don´t ask for proof because there are none. In all fairness...my gut has been proven wrong before and i will be happy to admit i´m wrong if anyone proves what the man says is BS.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For those who are relatively new to ATS, or who don't about the ATS
member named "Sleeper", you can see his very popular thread here
in the UFO section. It has remained on page one or two for several
months and is entitled "I'm Coming Clean on Extraterretrials". Sleeper
takes questions from members about humanity, aliens, and other
subjects. He responds in an in-depth and insightful manner that often
includes humor. Go check it out at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
MadMachinist, may i ask what your purpose of this thread is? Reading sleeper´s threads should give you a pretty clear picture of who thinks what about sleeper.

oh i have read all of his threads and he has probebaly the most interesting story to tell i have ever read on the internet. the episode of star trek i watched just intrigues me enough to want to talk about the idea of non-corporeal beings because for me it reminded me of sleepers story.

i didnt start this thread to give him slack at all i started it to get a better understanding to draw a better conclusion if he is a realy good sci-fi writer using ideas that have already been thrown around or has realy experienced this.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i believe him 50-50. The story is way too bizarre for my fragile little mind to completely comprehend.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here's my opinion. It's all kookery. It's a real problem not only here at ATS but all of ufology. There is this kooky fringe element that ruins the discussion for the level headed scientific types like myself. This is the main reason why the average person laughs at the topic of UFOs and aliens, because all this other nonsense tends to jump onto the bandwagon. This is the main obstacle to disclosure. People like Billy Meiers have done more to discredit ufology than anything else. So all you kooky mystical, paranormal types need to cease and desist and let the grown ups talk.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
10538, with all the respect, the entire subject of UFO/Aliens needs to be thought about without strings attached. That is the problem, we are only humans and we come with strings attached. There is no reason to throw science over board but we need to implement more than that in order to figure this one out.

Madmachinist, you know, sometimes we get fooled REALLY good. I do not think that is the case with sleeper but i cannot 100% exclude the possibility. That would be plain stupid.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Didn't we already have this thread?

As said before - it is not that I believe Sleeper - I believe ME and my own experiences - which is why I relate to Sleeper's story and explanations - - - and the other posters on that thread sharing their own personal experiences.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Any one who claims invisible proof can not be proven "wrong".

When there is no proof to investigate, rather dialogue, then we have the definition of fanatical religion.

Simply put: no proof, no investigation. We're better off believing in invisible flying unicorns that are controlling the planet's weather, you couldn't prove it wrong because you can't see them to refute the claim.

When someone starts their story with fairy dust and pixie dust, it's then that you should question validity, not 7 months latter.

In the end it's up to the reader to believe in the flying weather controlling unicorns, not that I don't believe "ET's" exist, only the context of the story is terminally flawed from the opening

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMachinist
the episode of star trek i watched just intrigues me enough to want to talk about the idea of non-corporeal beings because for me it reminded me of sleepers story.

The original 1968 Star Trek episode that explored such disembodied entities and the transmigration of intelligent awareness was Star Trek Epsiode 51, Season 2, entitled Return to Tomorrow.

In that episode, the Enterprise discovers the remains of an ancient and advanced civilization that extinguished itself 6000 centuries earlier, and the crew is astonished to encounter 3 survivors of that civilization — their disembodied intelligence and awareness is contained within glowing orbs, where they have existed for over a half-million years.

These super-advanced orb entities request permission to transmigrate into the bodies of Capt. Kirk and Mr. Spock (and one other person, I believe), and permission is granted. In the meantime, the intelligence and awareness of Kirk and Spock transmigrate into the glowing orbs — when they return to their bodies, an awestruck Kirk describes his brush with super intelligence, which allowed him to visualize and understand some incredibly advanced technology (such as "warp engines the size of a walnut"). And so on...

What's interesting is that the Star Trek movies, sequels and spin-offs invariably reached back to borrow (steal) the most original and entertaining ideas and even entire plotlines from the original 1960s series.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/21/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This thread seems to be an attempt to side-step Sleeper and gather opinion without the member's own intervention and response.

I personally think this is in poor taste and posing questions to Sleeper direct would be better. As for people's opinions on Sleeper, why not read through the "I'm coming clean on ETs" topic to decide.

Thank you.

top topics

join