It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have no sympathy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

I think the OP also said something about Canada's people not having a lot of guns but thats just false. Per capita we have almost as many guns as Americans, not as many but a good portion of Canadians are outdoors people and we are fond of our firearms. We have tighter laws on what you can and can't own but there is still a nice selection down at Canadian tire and sporting stores.

You think wrong. Read the thread properly or dont bother posting.

Dude, YOU are the OP. BTW if you check it out the ratio for private firearms is 9:10 for Americans and 3.1:10 for Canadians. By population that is.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The average law abiding citizen who has 2.4 children and works nine to five, has absolutley no reason to own a gun.

It depends what you want to use it for.
If its to protect you and your family because(god forbid) they were going to get killed, then you are a sane rational person who has every right to own one.

These two statements are quite contradictory.

What happened to change your mind so quickly?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
About handguns, this thread is. On long rifles, of no concern need there be.

When Yoda go hunting, no handguns would he be pleased to see.

Old dwarf in his domicile where
quite handy a shotgun be
home invasion does he see?
... then bear shot is truly plenty

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The simpson reference is relevent intrepid because of the fact that the chances of bears roaming the streets of springfield is the same as your need for guns if the 2nd amendment needed to be applied.

You will never need them. Because what you want them for (by the rule) will never happen.

Dont know everyone hates me.

Im not, repeat NOT anti american. I got married there for gods sake. I spent the best two weeks of my life there.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Any "sicko" would get a gun whether there were laws or not... Ever hear of the Black Market? Uh, yeah, your argument is not very effective.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

The average law abiding citizen who has 2.4 children and works nine to five, has absolutley no reason to own a gun.

Thats your opinion.
when people like you called for these background checks you said you had a victory, people told you that it wouldnt matter if there were background checks or not, if people want to kill theyre going to kill one way or another.
The Anti-gun people knew that this wouldnt do any good they just wanted their political victory.
It is our right as US citizens to own a gun if we choose to, currently I do not but I have owned many in the past.

I swear to God this site is full of Non Americans that are only here to look for the opportunity to tell how much they hate us and our country and criticize our laws and rights.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The simpson reference is relevent intrepid because of the fact that the chances of bears roaming the streets of springfield is the same as your need for guns if the 2nd amendment needed to be applied.

You will never need them. Because what you want them for (by the rule) will never happen.

How do YOU know what I want my guns for? THAT is the point. YOU are the OP.

Im not, repeat NOT anti american. I got married there for gods sake. I spent the best two weeks of my life there.

Really? That's a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Europeans, Australians and others are so full of hate towards Americans on this site its not even funny. Its like being Anti-American is a fad and everyone wants to be on top of the current fad.

This part i do consider relevant because it is true, this guy post is just another reason for him to hate America.

edited off topic portion

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The Simpson reference is relevant intrepid because of the fact that the chances of bears roaming the streets of Springfield is the same as your need for guns if the 2nd amendment needed to be applied.

I've never had a car accident in my life, so I guess I shouldn't have car insurance, or wear seatbelts, cause I know I will never need them, My house will never burn down or get hit by lightening either so I don't need house insurance.

your statement is a straw man argument, unless you are prescience you have no idea if a day will come that we would need weapons. we can hope not to ever need them, just like one hopes he never has his house burn down, or need seatbelts in a automobile but if one is wise, one is prudent. a week ago if someone had said that a crazy guy will kill 32 people in a college they would have been laughed at, now it's different, the paradigm has changed.

the tragedy is the mental illness, not the report of a weapon going off.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Just wait till something happens or they get invaded. Who are you going to be crying for? thats right youll cry for us, youll be begging America to come "save" you

Let's stick to the topic and not let this turn into a bunch of political crap.

[edit on 19/4/07 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I think the OP also said something about Canada's people not having a lot of guns but thats just false. Per capita we have almost as many guns as Americans, not as many but a good portion of Canadians are outdoors people and we are fond of our firearms. We have tighter laws on what you can and can't own but there is still a nice selection down at Canadian tire and sporting stores.

You think wrong. Read the thread properly or dont bother posting.

Dude, YOU are the OP. BTW if you check it out the ratio for private firearms is 9:10 for Americans and 3.1:10 for Canadians. By population that is.

That quote about canadians wasnt by me. I just messed up my reply.
Mine was only the bottom line.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

OK, everyone screws up the BB code at times. Care to answer my post?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Its the attitude of "Yeah those people got killed but so what? I want to keep my gun, and if it happens again? Tough."

No its actually "those people got killed, and gun control will do nothing positive to keep it from happening again. And it will create more black market, and more power in the hands of cartels - just like with drugs."

You can pretend gun control is the answer to all of these shootings, but in reality, it is the psychopath who has no friends and a religous intake of perscribed meds that is the loaded weapon.

Edit, maybe I should go get the HK .45 carbine I have had my eye on before the "gun control crowd" screws me out of my right to own...

[edit on 19-4-2007 by tha stillz]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati

The Simpson reference is relevant intrepid because of the fact that the chances of bears roaming the streets of Springfield is the same as your need for guns if the 2nd amendment needed to be applied.

I've never had a car accident in my life, so I guess I shouldn't have car insurance, or wear seatbelts, cause I know I will never need them, My house will never burn down or get hit by lightening either so I don't need house insurance.

your statement is a straw man argument, unless you are prescience you have no idea if a day will come that we would need weapons. we can hope not to ever need them, just like one hopes he never has his house burn down, or need seatbelts in a automobile but if one is wise, one is prudent. a week ago if someone had said that a crazy guy will kill 32 people in a college they would have been laughed at, now it's different, the paradigm has changed.

the tragedy is the mental illness, not the report of a weapon going off.

Car crashes, houses burning down are everyday occurrences, and its because they are so common its a very good chace it could happen to you. Hence the reason for seatbels,insurance.

And crazy people have gone beserk in schools before dont forget, so dont think it couldnt happen again tomorrow. What happened was hardly a suprise.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Sorry, what was your post?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I dont know what you want it for intrepid

[edit on 19-4-2007 by thesneakiod]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Sorry, what was your post?

Click on the link.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Its pathetic and it goes to show that a country that is meant to be the leaders of the world, still have attitudes that are more akin to the wild west. You are a trigger happy war mongering nation and its no suprise that the rest of the world sees you that way.

Still waiting on a response to my last post as it relates to YOUR first post,. See above.

Can I expect a response? Or am I wasting my time here?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz

Its the attitude of "Yeah those people got killed but so what? I want to keep my gun, and if it happens again? Tough."

No its actually "those people got killed, and gun control will do nothing positive to keep it from happening again. And it will create more black market, and more power in the hands of cartels - just like with drugs."

You can pretend gun control is the answer to all of these shootings, but in reality, it is the psychopath who has no friends and a religous intake of perscribed meds that is the loaded weapon.

cartels would not exist if the "war on drugs" wasn't such a sham. John kerry had a commitee on this

en.wikipedia.org... aine_trafficking_in_the_US

and that korean kid would not likely get a gun off the street, especially with a cedit card. he more than likely would have been ripped off by who ever he tried to purchase it from, infact after looking at him, i can garauntee that he would not have been able to get a gun except through legal methods.

when the police here in BC hear about a gun, they are on it like flies on feces. i personally dont want to live a life where i have to watch my back with a gun, i prefure to let the police watch my back and do enjoyable things instead. and if you think the police arn't helping you, you should address that to your local representative or stop paying taxes.

some not all, like to pick and choose how they act patriotic, but like thesneakoid said, you just want guns and a sense of self security, you dont care about the country or the contsitution as much as you care about not being affraid of your fellow americans.

Didn't any of you listen to Yoda? fear leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side.

justifying your need for protection is the same as accepting fear.

we have guns all over canada, people get killed by them all the time, and you know what. NOBODY CARES. we are especially not thinking about "OMG i need protection" Nope, that is why we have the RCMP and we live in a police state. so we can be a bunch of mindless sheep that dont respond to anything but hockey, beer, and maple syrup. Do you think we care about Terrorism here. Not a chance, Harpers trying like hell to scare us, but nobody cares and nobody is scared.

I love this place. I think im going to start paying my taxes, Im just waiting to see what happens with canada in the middle east. im not giving them a nickle until they stop shooting arabs for reason.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

car crashes, houses burning down are everyday occurrences, and its because they are so common its a very good chance it could happen to you. Hence the reason for seatbels, insurance.

so are dictatorships, Hitler, Stalin, Pol pot, Idi Amin, Fidal Castro ..........

And crazy people have gone berserk in schools before don't forget, so don't think it couldn't happen again tomorrow. What happened was hardly a surprise.

quite true, sounds like a great argument to arm myself against crazies, you have conviced me, I'm gonna go get a Handgun tomorrow

Here is a good analogy for you, The USA used nuclear weapons in war, so far no other country has, but several other countries have them, do you think the USA would NOT have used them again if we were the ONLY country to have them??

[edit on 19-4-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Im not, repeat NOT anti american. .

Oh really? This is from page one -

you have brought this on yourselves by defending the right for any sicko to carry a gun ... You are a trigger happy war mongering nation and its no suprise that the rest of the world sees you that way.

You contradict yourself with every post. (as well as show how uninformed you are of the gun laws here in America.)

You say - "I have no sympathy" "You have brought this on yourselves" but then you claim to have sympathy for the vicitms and their families.

Seriously man .. make up your mind.

[edit on 4/19/2007 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join