It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have no sympathy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The second amendment says that the militia has the right to bare arms to defend their country against attack.

So why have a crazy law that allows anyone to carry a concealed gun in school? Or anywhere for that matter? They are not the army.

Im suprised this doesnt happen a whole lot more in the USA.

With this knee jerk reaction of "we have the right to bare arms" cry, you have brought this on yourselves by defending the right for any sicko to carry a gun.

No doubt after all the funerals have happened of those poor people, you can go back to your shooting ranges safe in the knowledge that the gun you are holding has an outdated law protecting it.

I feel so sorry for those innocent young people who died because you think
you derserve to own a gun.

Its pathetic and it goes to show that a country that is meant to be the leaders of the world, still have attitudes that are more akin to the wild west. You are a trigger happy war mongering nation and its no suprise that the rest of the world sees you that way.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just lol, almost too easy.

Yeah guns just get up and kill people, if it wasn't for guns there would be absolutely no crime at all!

I mean cmon now, before gunpowder people use to not kill eachother!!!!!

So why have a crazy law that allows anyone to carry a concealed gun in school? Or anywhere for that matter? They are not the army.

Where can you carry a concealed hand gun into a school by law? Please show me. I believe there is a Zero Tolerance in affect when it comes to firearms and schools.
Show me the law that allows anyone to carry a concealed handgun, I live in Texas you have to apply for a permit, and no they aren't just gunna give it to anyone.

I feel so sorry for those innocent young people who died because you think
you derserve to own a gun.

Its pathetic and it goes to show that a country that is meant to be the leaders of the world, still have attitudes that are more akin to the wild west. You are a trigger happy war mongering nation and its no suprise that the rest of the world sees you that way.

Wait are your panties ruffled cause of the fact of people owning guns or has this morphed into an antiwar rant, which some how your blaming the fact we are allowed to own guns?

I would be more afraid of people on prescription pills than I am of someone that owns a hand gun.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Any "sicko" would get a gun whether there were laws or not... Ever hear of the Black Market? Uh, yeah, your argument is not very effective.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Spoken like a true american.
I didnt once say they should be banned, but what do you need one for? To shoot someone at McDonalds because your burger is cold?

When has your country been under attack so you have to use a gun to defend yourself?

Why does a student in a nice neighbourhood need to be, no forced to own a gun?
Because its the good ole american way.

If I was unfortunate enough to be in an american school(or live in america)
I would make a flak jacket my most important clothing accessory.

But hey, what do I know? To you Im obviously an idiot to think that the averge man on the street should NOT own a gun.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
Spoken like a true american.
I didnt once say they should be banned, but what do you need one for? To shoot someone at McDonalds because your burger is cold?

You obviously don't understand the fear that Americans have of their own government. I don't expect you to understand... Thank you.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Any "sicko" would get a gun whether there were laws or not... Ever hear of the Black Market? Uh, yeah, your argument is not very effective.

The average law abiding citizen who has 2.4 children and works nine to five, has absolutley no reason to own a gun.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yep. I just wander on down to my local McDonalds and if my quarter pounder with cheese isn't just right, I'm jest a gonna open up on ever'thin' in sight, yeeeeeeehawwww.

Is that what you were looking for? Well there you go.

The vast majority of gun owners, which includes myself, in America are amongst the most law abiding people in our country. The proper use of a firearm, which is to say safely, requires extraordinary control, both physical and mental. This also requires discipline.

This guy was, quite obviously, sick and very twisted. Hardly representitive of the vast majority of gun owners.

What do you know? Not a whole lot obviously. You know nothing of America if you think the events at Virginia Tech are the rule here. Learn something about my country other than what is fed to you on the television screen or movie theatre. In other words get a clue.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by seagull]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The average law abiding citizen who has 2.4 children and works nine to five, has absolutley no reason to own a gun.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

According to who? According to you? According to our "trustworthy" politicians? According to who are you coming up with this? You have any source for this tidbit?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I got 3 kids and work hours 8-5 and you better believe that I got what I need to protect my family if someone tries to brake in my house I know I won't be standing there holding a bat when that person might have a gun.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Scrub]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
OP ------ your reactions to this tragedy are out of proportion. And they are aggressive. And seem to be exploiting this tragedy to vent problems of your own; personal problems utterly unrelated to the US or to this horrible tragedy.

Have you heard the adage about 'kicking someone when they're already down' ? It's a really low thing to do, isn't it? It's cowardly and unworthy of anyone who considers themselves to be an even quarter-decent human being. Is that how you see yourself --- as someone who comes up to someone already wounded on the ground and giving them a kick just because you think you can? Are you THAT desperate to hurt someone?
Do you think you need to ask yourself WHY you're like that?

Think about it ---- how many weapons are there which can be used to kill?

How about: knives, rope, wire, string, bricks, lumps of wood, axes, bottles, can-openers, scissors, crow-bars, pen-knives, poisons, plastic bags, chairs, rolling-pins, safety-pins, credit-cards, ball-point-pens, chunks of cement, pitchforks, spades, screwdrivers, hammers, etc. etc.

Do you see? Guns are simply ONE instrument which may be used to kill and maim.

Many people own guns and never fire a shot in anger in their entire lives.

Other people have killed multiple victims without ever using a gun.

Your WORDS have been wielded as weapons, here in this thread ----- have been deliberately used to hurt and inflict pain, and injury and insult.

Thought provoking, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Oh noes help me! I am an American! Woes me!

is this a case of gun ownership envy? I mean, look you attack us because of our nationality? just L to the A to the W to the L.

I don't know where you are at or care much but pretty craptastic if you have to attack us because you have been proven wrong.

Thought you'd wanna be above stereotypes but I suppose not eh?

Let me know when you think of a decent argument til then I'm outta this one.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
OP ------ your reactions to this tragedy are out of proportion. And they are aggressive. And seem to be exploiting this tragedy to vent problems of your own; personal problems utterly unrelated to the US or to this horrible tragedy.

Have you heard the adage about 'kicking someone when they're already down' ? It's a really low thing to do, isn't it? It's cowardly and unworthy of anyone who considers themselves to be an even quarter-decent human being. Is that how you see yourself --- as someone who comes up to someone already wounded on the ground and giving them a kick just because you think you can? Are you THAT desperate to hurt someone?
Do you think you need to ask yourself WHY you're like that?

Think about it ---- how many weapons are there which can be used to kill?

Get off your high horse man, im attacking your laws not your people.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 19-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Uh,yeah. You make total sense
Cuz if guns were banned We'd have no more killings right? How many guns used to murder people are actually legally obtained in the 1st place? Gun bans would only affect the citizens who obtained the gun legally anyway. Even if- I can't see many people standing in line to hand over their guns to the govt. anyway.

Peace. K*

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
the sneekiod is right

Sorry yankees, but i think your guns need to be yanked.

a lot of americans seem to think that shooting thier problems is the way to go. if im wrong, you cant blame me, this image of america and guns, is about as well known as japan and sushi.

In canada (where i live) cops got guns, and badass drug dealers. regular folks dont want to shoot people and would never own a gun for any reason.

we have a population of 1.5 million withing 50km radius (roughly) and as far as i can remember, we get like 2 murders a year where the victim was not know to the shooter (usually crossfire in a nightclub). other than that it usually people with guns killing other people with guns.

my buddy was home invaded mon. night by two guys (one with a gun). they stole what they could, and john only got a couple hits to the face with the butt. If he had tried to run to his gun or pull one on him, one of them would be dead.

so ya, people dont kill people, people with guns kill people.

why do you need to own a gun? are you scared? grow up and be a man, forget about those out there that do have guns and they will likely forget about you.

and trust me there is no envy over america in canada. None what so ever, infact most canadains are just waiting for america to fall (obviously) so that canada can be known for what is really is

the crown of north america, and a guiding light to the rest of the world. so get your ^^&*en guns out of here, we dont want them. except the hillbillys of course, god bless them.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
the sneekiod is right

I doubts it.

Entitled to your opinion, however good luck getting them "yanked".

a lot of americans seem to think that shooting thier problems is the way to go. if im wrong, you cant blame me, this image of america and guns, is about as well known as japan and sushi.

What a complete load of crap. So you are saying that you are ignorant and give into pop stereotypes?

In canada (where i live) cops got guns, and badass drug dealers. regular folks dont want to shoot people and would never own a gun for any reason.

No effin' way!!! You mean just like in the US? NOWAY!!!!!

we have a population of 1.5 million withing 50km radius (roughly) and as far as i can remember, we get like 2 murders a year where the victim was not know to the shooter (usually crossfire in a nightclub). other than that it usually people with guns killing other people with guns.

Cept that whole biker rampage incident huh?

my buddy was home invaded mon. night by two guys (one with a gun). they stole what they could, and john only got a couple hits to the face with the butt. If he had tried to run to his gun or pull one on him, one of them would be dead.
Sounds like they should "yank" or wait could they Canuk your guns? ahahahahahahaha... get it?

so ya, people dont kill people, people with guns kill people.

Oh yeah? What about people with any other type of weapon or even their bare hands?

why do you need to own a gun? are you scared? grow up and be a man, forget about those out there that do have guns and they will likely forget about you.
Pfft what a load, you're all be a man, then forget about them like if you got a gun you gotta act like your living THUG life. hahaha.

and trust me there is no envy over america in canada. None what so ever, infact most canadains are just waiting for america to fall (obviously) so that canada can be known for what is really is

Gewd for yew!!! Oh but I wonder why Duex Ex a Canadian Member of this forum wants to live int he states and was wanting to join our army?

the crown of north america, and a guiding light to the rest of the world. so get your ^^&*en guns out of here, we dont want them. except the hillbillys of course, god bless them.

IMO Holland > Canada, but anywho, if it wasn't guns it'd be spears and arrows.

2 for the price of 1

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
TomGoose. I own several guns, the reasons are not just for defense, though that is certainly one of the reasons.

I will not willingly give up my right to own firearms, nor will I get rid of them simply in the delusional hope that the badguys out there will ignore me if I ignore them...what kind of reasoning is that anyway? Ostrich head in the sand comes to mind.

A lot of americans don't think that shooting their problems is the way to go. If foriegners have bought into that idiotic notion and stereotype let them. I know the reality.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
the sneekiod is right

a

Let them try to "yank" our guns. Let them... Some Americans are licking their chops at the prospect of it. Seriously, when they, as in our government, make the attempt to take our guns away, there will be much blood shed and it won't be the blood of innocence.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Tom, I don't know where you get your stats at man but we've got a pretty good murder rate going it the Toronto area. That being said what does any of that have to do with the topic?

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention that I own firearms.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm happy I live in Ohio where we are allowed to carry concealed weapons with a permit!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join