It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this may seem far out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
but think about it
i think i've got it

the Sumerians = the lost civilization of Atlantis, as you probably know they had school systems, judgement, systems of law, vast knowledge thousands of years ahead, stellar knowledge, were advanced in medicine and generally in most other things

just as the lost city of atlantis is normally described, they had a utopia but just vanished outta knowhere

i think the sumerians are the atlanteans

like atlantis itself the sumerians completely vanished mysteriously leaving behind some of their works of art right?

atlantis vanished also without a trace, probably with all the sumerians atlanteans on it

what do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think you need to do a little more research on the Sumerians if you think they vanished anywhere

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I remember posting something like that some weeks ago...
he he he
I never imagined that my words would have so much impact

Anyway, give us some proofs, signs...or whateva... where you support that.
Unless you think that Persians were the Atlandeans and the war between them was expansion of Persians in Greece...

Spartans/Marathon/Salamis/...

Because, the area of North Iraq and Syria once used to be called ''the Island'' doesn't mean anything...

[edit on 16-4-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
neither did anyone else who knows anything about Sumer
which surprisingly wasn't situated anywhere near any pillars as its on a flat aluvial plain and astoundingly wasn't washed away in a day and a night by a great cataclysm
but apart from that
yeah whatever

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
which surprisingly wasn't situated anywhere near any pillars

Inside Argonautica we learn about the Jason, the heroes including Hercules (!) who passed through the Symplegades which were a pair of rocks at the Hellespont

two Pillars=a pair of rocks
mmmmmm
and Hercules wanted the golden fleece???

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike

Originally posted by Marduk
which surprisingly wasn't situated anywhere near any pillars

Inside Argonautica we learn about the Jason, the heroes including Hercules (!) who passed through the Symplegades which were a pair of rocks at the Hellespont

two Pillars=a pair of rocks
mmmmmm
and Hercules wanted the golden fleece???

The story of Jason and the Argonauts is basically an ancient Greek version of a fanfic. Dashing young hero (Jason), superheroes (Hercules, Orpheus, Castor, etc), sordid love interests, etc. Think of it as a pre-Hellenic Indiana Jones.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The Sumerians are not known to have high technology like the Atlanteans did. I also don't think the Atlanteans represented a Utopian society, as they were not spiritually based. Far from it. In ancient India it is mentioned that the Atlanteans were materialistic, imperialistic, and technologically oriented, and considered themselves to be the leaders of the world.

Within the ancient India epics called Mahabharata and the Drona Parva there is mention of a conflict between the Atlantean Empire and India which entailed the use of high-tech weapons that have a close resemblance to our current understanding of nuclear devices. The weapons of Atlantis were known to be able to destroy an entire city.

As far as the Atlantean civilization ending is concerned, I don't side with the opinion that natural, cyclical, geological occurrences caused its downfall. What most likely happened is that they went up against a superior military force that also had a vested interest in dominanting this planet...the Anunnaki-Zetans.

The nuclear holocaust that ensued not only ended Atlantis but also caused The Great Flood - documented in various ancient cultures - worldwide earthquakes, and the tilting of this world on its axis. Years ago Richard Noone presented the theory in a book that the alignment of planets in this solar system would cause the world to tilt on its axis in May of 2000. Well, that didn't pan out because it takes a lot more energy than that to bring about horrific environmental calamadies on a global scale. There would have to be a major environmental impact FROM WITHOUT - like a large meteor hitting the planet, a supernova, or a strategic strike of antimatter missiles.

Evidence of Ancient Atomic Warfare

In short: a nuclear war ended Atlantis.

Just my two cents.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
The Sumerians are not known to have high technology like the Atlanteans did. I also don't think the Atlanteans represented a Utopian society, as they were not spiritually based. Far from it. In ancient India it is mentioned that the Atlanteans were materialistic, imperialistic, and technologically oriented, and considered themselves to be the leaders of the world.

the Atlanteans had bronze age technology
believe it or not the claims for it made by a bunch of people in the victorian era staring into tealeaves and channeled using red indian spirit guides are not very valid

Within the ancient India epics called Mahabharata and the Drona Parva there is mention of a conflict between the Atlantean Empire and India which entailed the use of high-tech weapons that have a close resemblance to our current understanding of nuclear devices. The weapons of Atlantis were known to be able to destroy an entire city.

no there isn't
that is fiction created by David Hatcher Childress who is a well known pseudo historian who makes it up as he goes along as long as gullible people continue to buy his books
I suggest you actually read the Mahabharata
its quite clear that you havent because you seem unaware that the Drona Parva is actually the seventh chapter

As far as the Atlantean civilization ending is concerned, I don't side with the opinion that natural, cyclical, geological occurrences caused its downfall. What most likely happened is that they went up against a superior military force that also had a vested interest in dominanting this planet...the Anunnaki-Zetans.

the Anunaki zetans ?
are these a new group
they seem to have gone completely unmentioned in every single text written in mesopotamia along with every other text in the ancient world

The nuclear holocaust that ensued not only ended Atlantis but also caused The Great Flood - documented in various ancient cultures - worldwide earthquakes, and the tilting of this world on its axis. Years ago Richard Noone presented the theory in a book that the alignment of planets in this solar system would cause the world to tilt on its axis in May of 2000. Well, that didn't pan out because it takes a lot more energy than that to bring about horrific environmental calamadies on a global scale. There would have to be a major environmental impact FROM WITHOUT - like a large meteor hitting the planet, a supernova, or a strategic strike of antimatter missiles.

Evidence of Ancient Atomic Warfare

In short: a nuclear war ended Atlantis.

isn't it odd then that it left no evidence whatsoever
there are no large areas devastated by nuclear weapons which are highly radioactive
no missing links in the mtdna evidence
no ancient texts that detail what you are saying
no evidence of advanced technology in the ancient world
no evidence of aliens in the ancient world
no credibility to anything you just said basically
it sounds like you read on article by David Hatcher Childress and swallowed it hook line and sinker
hey I'm running a timeshare deal in a couple of weeks if you're interested

Just my two cents.

always always always check the exchange rate

if you like compare what Hatcher Childress is quoting

it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.,

www.nexusmagazine.com...
with the actual text

The delighter of the Yadus, beholding his own son, and the son of Sini too, slain, took up, in wrath, a handful of the Eraka grass that grew there. That handful of grass became a terrible bolt of iron endued with the energy of the thunderbolt. With it Krishna slew all those that came before him. Then the Andhakas and the Bhojas, the Saineyas and the Vrishnis, urged by Time, struck one another in that fearful mêlée

www.sacred-texts.com...
look
no nuclear weapons

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
To All,

The historical record found in India has been largely ignored in the West. It contains insights that go beyond Plato's rendition of the continent of Atlantis.

Other sources, including such underrated methods like inductive and deductive reasoning, and logical extrapolation, are also very helpful.

Once again, there will be no proof of extraterrestrials, lost civilizations, etc., in this forum. What we can present here is evidence and analysis.

It should also be stated that not everything that we accept as true can be proven physically in a laboratory.

For example, emotions exist and we feel them but they cannot be taken out of us and measured in a lab. Oh sure, chemicals can be extracted. But that is not the energy of emotion itself...only the physical reaction.

Marduk,

If you want physical evidence, you need to join a covert governmental agency and get a high enough clearance from them in order to gain access to it. Assuming of course they would want you in the first place and they would trust you with that highly sensitive information. If I were doing the hiring, I would recognize you as a terrible analyst and would not recommend that you be privy to extraterrestrial information, as it would probably be more than your little mind can handle.

Childress, Sitchin, and Hancock (among others) are all more educated and credible than you are as researchers, and you are obviously trying to further a twisted perspective that is based not in objective analysis and reason, but in prejudice.

So I will not even bother discussing this subject further (...).

Clicking ignore button.

One of the advantages of extensive debating experience is in learning to quickly distinguish pinheads.

````````````````````````````
removed insult - please read Courtesy is mandatory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17/4/07 by masqua]

Edit: Thanks masqua. I was in the process of signing on from work to remove that word but you beat me to it. Calling it for what it is has always been a problem for me. Some would call that a strength. Regardless, I think it best to simply not post so much. Seeyah...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

To All,

The historical record found in India has been largely ignored in the West. It contains insights that go beyond Plato's rendition of the continent of Atlantis.

yet you can't link to any on a credible site
how strange

Other sources, including such underrated methods like inductive and deductive reasoning, and logical extrapolation, are also very helpful.

how about empirical data or doesn't that help when you're making ignorant statements about things you know nothing about

Once again, there will be no proof of extraterrestrials, lost civilizations, etc., in this forum. What we can present here is evidence and analysis.

analysis without proof is impossible as theres nothing to analyse

It should also be stated that not everything that we accept as true can be proven physically in a laboratory.

err yes actually it can.

For example, emotions exist and we feel them but they cannot be taken out of us and measured in a lab. Oh sure, chemicals can be extracted. But that is not the energy of emotion itself...only the physical reaction.

you are a very emotional person, that can be measured, any minute you're about to get over emotional

Marduk,
If you want physical evidence, you need to join a covert governmental agency and get a high enough clearance from them in order to gain access to it. Assuming of course they would want you in the first place and they would trust you with that highly sensitive information. If I were doing the hiring, I would recognize you as a terrible analyst and would not recommend that you be privy to extraterrestrial information, as it would probably be more than your little mind can handle.

So I have alittle mind
whats your basis for comparison
compared to your understanding of History for instance my mind compared to yours is clearly superior

Childress, Sitchin, and Hancock (among others) are all more educated and credible than you are as researchers, and you are obviously trying to further a twisted perspective that is based not in objective analysis and reason, but in prejudice.

err ok
Childress is a holiday guide writer
Sitchin is an economist
Hancock is a journalist
what is it in these professions that gives them any credibility when writing about things that are untenable
Hancock for instance was described by the BBC as

an intellectual fraudster who had put forward half baked theories and ideas in bad faith, and that he was incompetent to defend his own arguments.

www.bbc.co.uk...
so you are saying your intellect is on a par with his and mine isn't
thanks for the compliment Bud
at least I am credible
thats something that neither you or hancock could claim
as for sitchin
would you like to go into more detail about how a rogue planet on a 3600 year highly eliptical orbit sends down gods every time it passes earth who not only genetically engineered the human race but then ruled over it as gods while at the same time having technology compared to 1970s N.A.S.A stuff (i.e. identical to what N.A.S.A. was using when he wrote his book. And childress as I already proved in my last post is talking out of his paul_richard

So I will not even bother discussing this subject further with a pig.

why because this pig just showed you up

One of the advantages of extensive debating experience is in learning to quickly distinguish pinheads.

I don't think anyone reading this is going to be in any doubt whos the pinhead

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I gotta agree with Marduk here.

Besides, the Sumerian civilization did not dissapear, they have a long history. It's been recorded what happened to them form thousands of years.

Unfortunantly it's only available to special contactees as the records were made by the pleadians once they mass exodized the sumerian race back to their home world vega prime in the gamma ramma sector.

Don't get me started on the Anazazi mystery. I know what happened to them too.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
don't forget those records are also available to

a covert governmental agency

please see paul_richard as apparently he fantasises about working as a human resource manager for one
but be careful
it may be more than

your tiny little mind
can handle

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Who knows about the Atlanteans, all we have of record for them is a tale related to Plato.

But the Sumerians have plenty of historical record, including recipes. They don't appear to have had advanced technology - although their firm grasp on a system of laws conducive to social justice, must have contributed to the success of their society. They appear to have been a very literate culture, for the ancient world.

When the dogs away, the fox will play.

While I find Stichen's analysis interesting, there are extrapolations that aren't supported by the historical record.
Have to wait until we can all read the records in Heaven, s'pose.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I personally think we're all more than capable of discussing this from different view points without attacking each other.

Or am I wrong?

Let's debate the issues not the character of members please.

And...kumate!

Spiderj

top topics

join