It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary Poppins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I have to say i just watched this for the first time in years and thought it was wonderful.

I ask why can't movies like this be made today? There are hardly any boring parts of it, it's fit for all ages, and a simple joy to watch! The music is great too...

About the only complaint (mainly from Brits) is Dick Van Dyke's fake accent, but I think that can be overlooked.

I recommend anyone to see it again, especially if you have kids to share it with that haven't seen it yet.

P.S.: Has anyone gone to the West End or Broadway theatre production? I'm wondering if it's worth seeing. I'm kind of thinking no one could ever top Julie Andrews, so I'm reluctant to go.

[edit on 4/14/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
my wife went with my daughter a couple of weeks ago. They sat in the second row and had a blast. My daughter was mesmerized and hasn't stopped singing the songs. My wife said it was old school broadway. Lavish sets, great dance numbers etc.

She said it's worth every penny.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I have to say i just watched this for the first time in years and thought it was wonderful.

I ask why can't movies like this be made today? There are hardly any boring parts of it, it's fit for all ages, and a simple joy to watch! The music is great too...

About the only complaint (mainly from Brits) is Dick Van Dyke's fake accent, but I think that can be overlooked.

I recommend anyone to see it again, especially if you have kids to share it with that haven't seen it yet.

P.S.: Has anyone gone to the West End or Broadway theatre production? I'm wondering if it's worth seeing. I'm kind of thinking no one could ever top Julie Andrews, so I'm reluctant to go.

[edit on 4/14/2007 by djohnsto77]

Brits? "Britney Spears"?

Do you mean "English", "Scottish", "Welsh" or "Northern Irish" Folk? Or Other?

Seventeen Cherry Tree Lane ETC... Yes "English". Folk.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Brits" thats link saying "P*@*&^"

Shame on ATS!

[edit on 14-4-2007 by tomquinn]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I must admit I do love Mary Poppins! Every now and then I'll put the graphic horror away and pop it on and have a good sing along lol. I have a friend at college who went to see the show in the 'West End' and thorughly enjoyed it - although it was somehow over shadowed of his love of 'Wicked'... he bought every bit of Wicked merch for sale :shk: lol

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I love this movie. Especially when they all float up to the ceiling laughing. that part is priceless. My daughter and I used to watch it all the time. Good clean fun. Hmmmmmmmm might have to watch it this weekend.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Watch the Sound of Music. I watched it a few weeks ago and it seemed so long perhaps with the commercials too. Isay it was paerhaps 3 and a half hours long. And the other 30 minutes was commercials.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The Sound of Music was fantastic as well. It was made only like a year later than MP.

I went to a Broadway revival of that at the theatre a few years ago around Christmas, and it was a great party atmosphere, everyone singing all the songs. Great fun!

top topics

join