It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle! Holy Fire in Jerusalem doesn't Burn!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Every year, people flock to the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem to witness this Miracle.

This event takes place on 'Holy Saturday', the day before Jesus' Resurrection on Easter weekend.

Since about 4 AD to Present, the Miracle has been witnessed by countless faithful who want to see a 'fire' spontaneously appear in front of them, and will not burn or harm them.

www.bhma.net...
www.holyfire.org...

This is quite amazing!

This Miracle appears 'on cue' and without fail!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
That is astounding! Truly miraculous. I just wish I could play the videos, but I keep getting some message that requires a special codec installed. Miracles abound but they are seldom reported. The worldly media wants to keep people in the dark about such things.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay. Miracles abound but they are seldom reported. The worldly media wants to keep people in the dark about such things.

You're joking right? I hear about the image of Jesus or Mary showing up on everything from Tortillas and toast to highway underpasses.

Statues bleeding blood, Ganesh drinking milk, stigmata everywhere, Apartment walls bleeding scented oil.

And the ever popular "God told me to do it"

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by SkyWay. Miracles abound but they are seldom reported. The worldly media wants to keep people in the dark about such things.

You're joking right? I hear about the image of Jesus or Mary showing up on everything from Tortillas and toast to highway underpasses.

I am completely serious. What do images on tortillas or highway underpasses have to do with this?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
I am completely serious. What do images on tortillas or highway underpasses have to do with this?

Because they should be taken equally seriously, of all the videos on that site only one worked, it was of a guy moving a candle under his face rapidly back and forth. If it was “miraculous fire that wouldn’t burn” then why wouldn’t he just keep it still under his chin and show us that it would cause no harm. Now that would be impressive, this video not so much.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That is astounding! Truly miraculous. I just wish I could play the videos

You're willing to believe it's a miracle and you haven't even seen it? Please show yourself more respect than that.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Because they should be taken equally seriously, of all the videos on that site only one worked, it was of a guy moving a candle under his face rapidly back and forth. If it was “miraculous fire that wouldn’t burn” then why wouldn’t he just keep it still under his chin and show us that it would cause no harm. Now that would be impressive, this video not so much.

I am not able to get any of the videos to work. The marvelous thing is...that this is a repeating predictable miracle that occurs every Saturday following Good Friday...so....YOU and I could witness this miracle if we could get to Jerusalem by tomorrow and go to the Holy Sepulchre of the Resurrection. It is going to happen again tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

That is astounding! Truly miraculous. I just wish I could play the videos

You're willing to believe it's a miracle and you haven't even seen it? Please show yourself more respect than that.

There is no diminishing of my respect for myself because I have faith in the miraculous power of God and because I can trust certain Holy men enough to believe them. It's just a matter of a higher understanding that allows some of us to accept the miraculous which people with a lesser understanding cannot even fathom.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Imo you could do that stuff with normal fire and not get burnt. You don't exactly see any of them putting the fire on thier skin for any considerable amount of time and the paper they are holding is burning anyway. I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but I do find this quite funny.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Imo you could do that stuff with normal fire and not get burnt. You don't exactly see any of them putting the fire on thier skin for any considerable amount of time and the paper they are holding is burning anyway. I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but I do find this quite funny.

You may think it is easy to do that with normal fire but I would not advise anyone to try it.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I am not able to get any of the videos to work.

I have, trust me you’re not missing much.

The marvelous thing is...that this is a repeating predictable miracle that occurs every Saturday following Good Friday...so....YOU and I could witness this miracle if we could get to Jerusalem by tomorrow and go to the Holy Sepulchre of the Resurrection. It is going to happen again tomorrow.

No, you and I could do what’s on that video right now, its nothing special. It is NOT a miracle.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No, you and I could do what’s on that video right now, its nothing special. It is NOT a miracle.

I couldn't do that with normal fire nor would I try it. I wish I could be there tomorrow when the miracle occurs.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
These kind of tricks have been done for more than a thousand years to get people to believe and use their church instead of others. It's all a trick and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I couldn't do that with normal fire nor would I try it. I wish I could be there tomorrow when the miracle occurs.

Go get a candle, light the candle and move your hand quickly through it, trust me you can do it
Hey one minuet you said that you couldn’t see the vids

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
These kind of tricks have been done for more than a thousand years to get people to believe and use their church instead of others. It's all a trick and nothing more.

It isn't a trick. They even allow Israeli soldiers to inspect the place before the miracle occurs. If there were anything that shows it to be other thatn a miracle the Israelis would make sure everyone knew about.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Go get a candle, light the candle and move your hand quickly through it, trust me you can do it
Hey one minuet you said that you couldn’t see the vids

I can't see the videos but I can see the pictures/captures from the videos, and I read the report.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I dare any of those religious nuts to hold their hand still in that fire for longer than 3 secs... hell, why not make it interesting and hold it there for 30 secs.
If they truly believe and the fire truly does not burn, then what could happen?

It's bull... but apparently the kind of bull some people need to get through the day. I can settle with watching the local festival at summertime and see a guy doing the same thing with "normal" fire.

Sorry to be flaming like this, but this kind of shouting "Miracle!! Miracle!!" over something so small is what is dangerous in this world, because it arises from ignorance... from not having experienced enough, or atleast closing your eyes to what world holds to offer.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I dare any of those religious nuts to hold their hand still in that fire for longer than 3 secs... hell, why not make it interesting and hold it there for 30 secs.
If they truly believe and the fire truly does not burn, then what could happen?

It's bull... but apparently the kind of bull some people need to get through the day. I can settle with watching the local festival at summertime and see a guy doing the same thing with "normal" fire.

Sorry to be flaming like this, but this kind of shouting "Miracle!! Miracle!!" over something so small is what is dangerous in this world, because it arises from ignorance... from not having experienced enough, or atleast closing your eyes to what world holds to offer.

It is there for anyone to prove to themselves if they have the guts to go. You can disbelieve if you want to but there apparently are quite a number of people who go there and witness and experience the miracle personally.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow! Now those are truly miracles people want to see.

Why not worthwhile miracles?

Maybe a miracle of free energy, or ending world hunger, or no corruption, but people are in awe of this? Come on, wake up!

[edit on 6-4-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Skeptics question the validity of the Holy Fire phenomenon, noting that pilgrims generally withstand the fire for the same very brief periods of time as can be achieved with any fire. They assert that not only do those observed not expose their flesh to the fire for any appreciable period of time, they also frequently switch the candle between hands or move body parts through the fire very rapidly.

The phenomenon continues to be the subject of contemporary criticism; in 2005 in a live demonstration on a Greek television programme hosted by journalist Spyros Karatzaferis, Michael Kalopoulos, an author critical of Christianity, dipped three candles in white phosphorus. The candles spontaneously ignited after approximately 20 minutes, in the same way that the Holy Fire does. White phosphorus will self-ignite when in contact with air.

www.answers.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join