It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle! Holy Fire in Jerusalem doesn't Burn!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle32
lol as others have already pointed out, nobody dares to hold the flame under their hand for any considerable time.
As a kid I was a bit of a firebug and me and my friends often played with fire and did far more miraculous looking things then what is in the video (dont try at home kids), I say video as most links was dead and i couldnt be bothered trying all of them as I saw the one that the guy waves his head over the flame really quickly and not too quickly for his hair to catch on fire but of course the camera changes and the video ends.
img254.imageshack.us...
This is the worst excuse of a miracle ive seen in a long while and it just goes to further concrete my concern that some people are just too brain washed that they believe anything.
This just looks like a typical group of happy clappy god botherer's acting ridiculous and embarrassing as always, This isn't a blatant attack of your beliefs it is my personal belief, you have yours and I have mine.
Its just a shame that I cant create a big post explaining what I really want to say without wasting all my time just to have it deleted for being too controversial and yet it is allowed for someone to say its fine to stick your head in the magic fire because god/jesus will not let it burn you.
No sale,
Next...

[edit on 6/4/07 by eagle32]

Sorry you feel THAT WAY...We ALL have our beliefs... as you said...I don't want anyone to WASTE THEIR TIME on this thread believing otherwise.

REMEMBER: These are beliefs that have been viewed WORLDWIDE! -People have gone a 'PILGRAMAGE' and have had spiritual experiences from this.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I live in Tampa Bay florida... Over on Highway 19, off of drew Street in clearwater is a building that was once owned by some banking firm.. Many many years back the Virgin Mary happens to pop up on the window.
As the years go by, the church purchases the multi million dollar building. Puts up a fence and started charging people to pray to this "water Stain".
Alot of people in the pictures and vidoes would look upon this and say wow its really the Virgin Mary.. Yet living here in the area I always use to wash my car next door.. Where There is a car wash.. Now get this, water spray gets caught by the wind and slowly takes all the water particals and lands them right on that window.. They wouldnt show the pics of the carwash next to it.. Why? Becasue then people would begin to see threw the lies.. Water stains, and other things Considered Miracles are great for the mind.. If a fake Miracle gets a child with Cancer all better Im totally for it!!! But most of us know better, and can look at these things with distrust and an egar passion inside us to say hey! " dont try to get one over on me buddy." If you have to pay to see a Miracle or just hear about one from another person I am so not going to belive it.. I have yet to see a real Miracle.. To me a real Miracle would be people giving a little more thought and compassion to others.. Miracles is context, what makes one for you is not what I would consider such. I would love to find something that really makes me wonder.. Yet non of these God fearing Miracles impress me in the slightest.. Yet I dont remain completely closed off from this.. I have faith, but I am also not so eagar to follow an Idol, when clearly it states never to do such.. I dont even know why people worship the cross and other Idols. Isnt that forbidden?

had to edit here.. I forgot to add the link of the artical that talks about this window pane... Its been since shot out.. Some kid and his slingshot took care of this and shot out the top part.. its still there and still making money.. They kid had to do some work for the county for his crime..
Always threw the years going by this building I would laugh, I know one of these days someone is going to shoot this out.. and a few years later it happened. I dont condone crime, but I thought it was well served that a Kid that goes to worship it, shoots it out..heh

www.roadsideamerica.com...

[edit on 6-4-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Sorry you feel THAT WAY...We ALL have our beliefs... as you said...I don't want anyone to WASTE THEIR TIME on this thread believing otherwise.

REMEMBER: These are beliefs that have been viewed WORLDWIDE! -People have gone a 'PILGRAMAGE' and have had spiritual experiences from this.

which is fine, you can make a thousand threads about your beliefs that is your choice but when its something that you yourself know can be debunked it kind of makes me angry that if their is a god no atheist stands a chance of knowing because they see these sort of things that only make our eyes roll further back.
I would be extremely embarrassed to be religious and have someone simply ask "if it doesnt burn then why dont they hold their hand their for 30 seconds"
Show me a video of someone pushing that flame into their neck under the chin for 30 seconds as the miracle flames dont burn their face and it will hold some credibility.
I have no problem with peoples beliefs but when im told my 2 year old daughter will burn in hell because i dont believe this sort of stuff makes me even more against religion.
If there is a hell and me and my daughter do burn in hell then its religions fault for making me an atheist even though I try to find god, i guess im not good enough for god but a drug addicted alcoholic murdering paedophile who reads a bible is.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

which is fine, you can make a thousand threads about your beliefs that is your choice but when its something that you yourself know can be debunked it kind of makes me angry that if their is a god no atheist stands a chance of knowing because they see these sort of things that only make our eyes roll further back.
I would be extremely embarrassed to be religious and have someone simply ask "if it doesnt burn then why dont they hold their hand their for 30 seconds"
Show me a video of someone pushing that flame into their neck under the chin for 30 seconds as the miracle flames dont burn their face and it will hold some credibility.
I have no problem with peoples beliefs but when im told my 2 year old daughter will burn in hell because i dont believe this sort of stuff makes me even more against religion.
If there is a hell and me and my daughter do burn in hell then its religions fault for making me an atheist even though I try to find god, i guess im not good enough for god but a drug addicted alcoholic murdering paedophile who reads a bible is.

Roll your eyes! that's your belief!

When certain people give credence to a belief as much as to 'BURN YOUR DAUGHTER"?,,

I QUESTION your religions' beliefs: that makes 'WEIGHT' for the fact that your daughter would burn in hell.

And upon this THOUGHT, are you BELIEVING because of your RELIGION or your FAITH?

FAITH IN OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

When certain people give credence to a belief as much as to 'BURN YOUR DAUGHTER"?,,

I QUESTION your religions' beliefs: that makes 'WEIGHT' for the fact that your daughter would burn in hell.

And upon this THOUGHT, are you BELIEVING because of your RELIGION or your FAITH?

Im sorry I dont understand what your saying.

I dont have a religion, Im saying I have tried and still trying to find god if there is a god.
But it seems to me that god is part and parcel of a religion and i dont like any of the religions available due to all the negativity.
I will continue my quest to find god for myself but if i do find god i wont be called a christian, a catholic, a jew, a muslim or any other religious tag, i want to find god for myself and it will be personal and I wont have to be burdened with any of the mess that comes with the agencies known as religious groups.
I wont hold my breath for me finding god though, ive pretty much given it 10 years of begging with no luck.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Im sorry I dont understand what your saying.

I dont have a religion, Im saying I have tried and still trying to find god if there is a god.
But it seems to me that god is part and parcel of a religion and i dont like any of the religions available due to all the negativity.
I will continue my quest to find god for myself but if i do find god i wont be called a christian, a catholic, a jew, a muslim or any other religious tag, i want to find god for myself and it will be personal and I wont have to be burdened with any of the mess that comes with the agencies known as religious groups.
I wont hold my breath for me finding god though, ive pretty much given it 10 years of begging with no luck.

What I will portray right now:

If YOU don't want to be 'portrayed' as a 'RELIGION', that's ok. You don't want to be ackowledged as people who see 'MIRACLES'. That's perfectly alright with me.

I 'portrayed' this thread as being an 'open thread to discuss' MIRACLES'.

Miracles of this thread are acknowledged on my many levels.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Are you serious?

You really believe these seconds worth of videos present evidence of a miracle of some sort?

If you honestly do, well then, I don't have a comment...

Actually I do have a question..

Do you believe what Criss Angel, David Copperfield, or Harry Houdini did?

I see no evidence of Jesus in these videos, yet you shout random words and follow it with some nonsense about "OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST."

I see no evidence of a miracle of any sort.

What I do see, is a bunch of people waving their hands and faces under a flame, for no more than 1 to 2 seconds at the time.

If they were so faithful, and worthy of being in the presence of something so miraculous, why not make a bed of the fire and lay in it?

I will tell you why....

Because, they would get burned....

That is what happens when you play with fire.....

Man, organized religion has sunk to a new low.....

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's kind of a miracle that no one accidentally catches fire with all of those candles on fire in such a crowded area. If those were ordinary flames someone would probably have been seriously burned in an accident by now.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Obviously, you have never been to a candlelight vigil, or a really good concert....

Way more flames...Way more people....

It's all about being careful...If I were around that many flames, I would be careful too...as the people are doing...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus
Obviously, you have never been to a candlelight vigil, or a really good concert....

Way more flames...Way more people....

It's all about being careful...If I were around that many flames, I would be careful too...as the people are doing...

I heard about a serious fire disaster that happened during a rock concert that cost alot of people their lives not too long ago. It was all over the news. So, accidents do happen with ordinary fire when people are in crowded conditions. That fire was at an indoor concert.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Reminds me of a story about a bush.....

Or those fire walking shaman who achieve great feats of control over painful jaunts across burning beds of coal.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater

Or those fire walking shaman who achieve great feats of control over painful jaunts across burning beds of coal.

I've seen those fire-walkers and it makes me cringe every time I do. I can't imagine how anyone can take that first step onto those burning coals. I thing I would rather do skydiving. Seems much tamer and safer.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

Originally posted by clearwater

I've seen those fire-walkers and it makes me cringe every time I do. I can't imagine how anyone can take that first step onto those burning coals. I thing I would rather do skydiving. Seems much tamer and safer.

Yeah most of those Shamans and fire walkers have walked barefoot most their lives.. Which over time builds up very tuff Calus on the bottom of their feet, which allows them such a talent.. Some one who has not built up those calus on their feet would just pretend it didnt hurt.. Which many people have that mind control over pain.. They are known as masocist types, who get a rush from such pain, and makes other belive they are somehow gifted... While the whole time its just just tricks and trained talents, much like what was said before Criss Angel and those guys.. They are talented entertainers, nothing more...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I heard about a serious fire disaster that happened during a rock concert that cost alot of people their lives not too long ago. It was all over the news. So, accidents do happen with ordinary fire when people are in crowded conditions. That fire was at an indoor concert.

That was Great White. They were shooting pyrotechnics into the air which set fire to the soundproofing foam and suspended ceiling. The place was a death trap.

Youre comparing that to candles? Lol.

Religious nuts are so desperate to believe anything that they come across as fools. Theres no miracle, anyone can do it just as anyone can firewalk if they coat their feet in water and walk briskly because the water insulates the feat and they never come into contact with the coals long enough to burn, just lile the flame of a candle wont come into contact with the skin long enough to burn it.

Its simple science that any 10 year old should know.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

That was Great White. They were shooting pyrotechnics into the air which set fire to the soundproofing foam and suspended ceiling. The place was a death trap.

Youre comparing that to candles? Lol.

Religious nuts are so desperate to believe anything that they come across as fools. Theres no miracle, anyone can do it just as anyone can firewalk if they coat their feet in water and walk briskly because the water insulates the feat and they never come into contact with the coals long enough to burn, just lile the flame of a candle wont come into contact with the skin long enough to burn it.

Its simple science that any 10 year old should know.

Religious nuts?

Since 4AD to this period of time...these 'religious nuts have been like the 'Yosimitee of O'l Faithful geysers!

They know when to show their miracles... and THEN SOME!

Think about it folks??!?! for the past 2000 years (and then some) these people have 'produced' a 'MIRACLE', CONSISTANTLY.

Besides our 'Ol Faithful, in Yosemitee park?

What other groups have procurred Miracles (consistantly) for the past 2000 years??!?!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Religious nuts?

Since 4AD to this period of time...these 'religious nuts have been like the 'Yosimitee of O'l Faithful geysers!

Think about it folks??!?! for the past 2000 years (and then some) these people have 'produced' a 'MIRACLE', CONSISTANTLY.

What other groups have procurred Miracles (consistantly) for the past 2000 years??!?!

And you would think that over the course of 1600 years that one of them would have noticed that they could do it on a daily bases.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Religious nuts?

And you would think that over the course of 1600 years that one of them would have noticed that they could do it on a daily bases.

After a course of over 16oo years or MORE:

I would STAND UP and ACKNOWLEDGE THAN: "There is more than WHAT meets the 'eye':

I would stand before and more than 'STAND UP AND MEET THE EYE", and confront the issue:

"Of all the CONSPERIES THAT COULD "FRONT BEFORE MY PERIFERAL VISION"?

This consperisy I stand with reason, and will prodide evidence (with probable site reference)

I would 'back' the theory of "all known conspiracies:

Thankyou very much!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sorry for any improbabilities.

I will back up my probabilities!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

I am completely serious. What do images on tortillas or highway underpasses have to do with this?

Because they should be taken equally seriously, of all the videos on that site only one worked, it was of a guy moving a candle under his face rapidly back and forth. If it was “miraculous fire that wouldn’t burn” then why wouldn’t he just keep it still under his chin and show us that it would cause no harm. Now that would be impressive, this video not so much.

Who needs to watch the video's after that comment!?
I did watch some tho just so i cant argue with myself, and i wasted a good 30 seconds of my life.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Here's another site:

abcnews.go.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join