It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Media Violent Against 9/11 Conspiracies????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is the media in general rather violent in their responses to 9/11 conspiracy theories?

I was watching the news last night, Fox News, and I was just blown away by the force in which Bill and his guest responded to Rosies words on 9/11....

So much anger, and hatred if you ask me, and why?

I did a thread a long time ago from TIME on 9/11 and I saw the same venom there as well..

Do they really truly feel it is "anti-American" to speak out or question 9/11?

Am I the only one who sees this venom towards 9/11 researchers?

I believe they called any researching 9/11 to be "Crackpot scientist wanna bes"

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
No offense to conspiracy theorist on 911, but try reading the whole article from popular mechanics debunking the conspiracy theory. Read this before you jump to conclusions. Here is the link very long article. www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The Mainstream Media is getting violent because they were complicit in the coverup of 9/11. The MSM (including Popular Mechanics) has been compromised at the highest levels by the same group of people who carried out 9/11. Now their lies are crumbling and they are lashing out in desparation by using their attack dog Bill O'Reilly, the most obnoxious, hate-filled, propaganda-spewing piece of human trash on TV.

Also, O'Reilly has been enjoying a much needed spike in viewership since he started bashing Rosie. A lot of Americans still suffer from 9/11 post-traumatic stress and cannot accept the truth about the nature of their government, so they get angry. 9/11 Truthers are trying to learn the truth for themselves by researching all the facts. On the flip-side, establishment leeches merely repeat the same mantras, unable to answer all the questions, blissfully ignorant and violently embracing the official myth, and attacking anyone who thinks any differently.

Whats with the whole "9/11 Questions hurt and dishonor the victims and their families" line. If anyone has disrespected the victims its the administration, by politicizing 9/11 and using it as an excuse to invade countries. Not to mention the fact that THEY are the ones who MASSACRED these people in the first place! Sickening. MOST of the families are asking questions about 9/11 themselves! Does the Mainstream Media want us to believe that these families are dishonoring THEMSELVES by not trusting their gov't?

Sickening.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
No offense to conspiracy theorist on 911, but try reading the whole article from popular mechanics debunking the conspiracy theory. Read this before you jump to conclusions. Here is the link very long article. www.popularmechanics.com...

How many times is some random poster going to post a freaking link to Popular Mechanics?

Every single thread on here has a link to a PM article.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What is wrong with Popular Mechanic?

There is nothing wrong with posting the other side of a theory.. I have seen the PM articles debunked, and I have seen PM articles debunk theorist.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
The Mainstream Media is getting violent because they were complicit in the coverup of 9/11. The MSM (including Popular Mechanics) has been compromised at the highest levels by the same group of people who carried out 9/11. Now their lies are crumbling and they are lashing out in desparation by using their attack dog Bill O'Reilly, the most obnoxious, hate-filled, propaganda-spewing piece of human trash on TV.

Also, O'Reilly has been enjoying a much needed spike in viewership since he started bashing Rosie. A lot of Americans still suffer from 9/11 post-traumatic stress and cannot accept the truth about the nature of their government, so they get angry. 9/11 Truthers are trying to learn the truth for themselves by researching all the facts. On the flip-side, establishment leeches merely repeat the same mantras, unable to answer all the questions, blissfully ignorant and violently embracing the official myth, and attacking anyone who thinks any differently.

Whats with the whole "9/11 Questions hurt and dishonor the victims and their families" line. If anyone has disrespected the victims its the administration, by politicizing 9/11 and using it as an excuse to invade countries. Not to mention the fact that THEY are the ones who MASSACRED these people in the first place! Sickening. MOST of the families are asking questions about 9/11 themselves! Does the Mainstream Media want us to believe that these families are dishonoring THEMSELVES by not trusting their gov't?

Sickening.

I am so glad to hear someone tell it like it really is. This is one of the" BEST" response to the 911 media bashing I have read.
When we cant question our Goverment on any topic,we have a problem.
The Goverment works for the people not againce the people.
I find the media bashing 911 truther sickening,and it shows that the media is helping the Goverment is keeping the truth from been exspose.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well if the media approached the issue of 9-11
conspiracies rationally, we all know what would
happen. The floodgates would open.

They cannot give one iota, one tiny piece of merit
to any 9-11 conspiracy, because it throws everything
they stand on out the window. Ignorance and bias
marches on. That's why they immediately become
irrational, and treat it as some outrageous taboo.
"HOW DARE YOU BRING THAT UP AT THE DINNER TABLE!"

I mean seriously, could you really imagine
if the populace was made privy, or even slightly
aware, to the information most of us know on here?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
... could you really imagine
if the populace was made privy, or even slightly
aware, to the information most of us know on here?

Were really stuck between a rock (ha ha get it, anyways) and a hardplace.

Most Americans have become so brainwashed that anything that challenges thier established beliefs is a threat. The public may wrongly and ignorantly view conspiracy theorists as the threat and demand that the government protect them from us.

Freedom is being attacked. It's really quite disturbing, don't you think?

[edit on 3-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Most Americans have become so brainwashed that anything that challenges thier established beliefs is a threat.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

In Nothing, this is nothing knew. "Become?" I am only thirty years old so I can't act as if I know from great experience. However, it has been my observation that people have always been threatened by ideas and ideologies that challenge their mindset.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
... it has been my observation that people have always been threatened by ideas and ideologies that challenge their mindset.

Quite true.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm reading a great book on this subject "Lost History" by Robert Parry.
Back in the 1980's, the Reagan administration came up with Project Truth and Project Democracy, basically bringing onboard CIA and military psy-ops personell, the media, NGO's, and private entities to use in, what they called, "Perception Management" to influence the way Americans thought about American foreign policy.
See here for Perception Management
Specifically, Central and South American foreign policy. Supporting the contras that flooded the US with coc aine, gang raped women and young girls before executing them, killing babies, and massacering whole villages of people was kind of hard to justify unless you could control what the American people saw and heard about the situation. Many human rights activists and members of the media that brought the contra attrocities to light and dared to confront the administrations criminal complicity in supporting the contras were often labeled "Anti-Americans", "Communist sympathizers", "Sandanista lovers", "conspiracy theorists", and a whole slew of other names.

Reagan was himself a huge criminal along with most of his administration, yet Reagan is a very revered US President by many and Oliver North hosts a Fox News program called "War Stories", as if he's an honorable and admirable man.

Many contras were caught smuggling coc aine into the US (the frogman case for example) but were let off the hook by high-level administration officials. Most would've been prosecuted by a Republican then heading up the Iran-Contra investigation, but he took so much heat from the press, the Congress, and the White House that he eventually gave up.
See here for research into contra related drug running

This stuff is nothing new.

See here for excerpts from "Lost History"

Here's a link to Robert Parry's Archives for further reading/research

[edit on 3-4-2007 by derdy]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The media is and alway has been, in speaking of the mainstream media conglomerates, a mouth piece for the government.

They can criticize the govenment and its officials, but only to a certain point.

Ideology of Hedgmony has to be adhered to so that the perception of the government institution as that of fair, just, and unchallengeable in regards to its wholesale morality and its actions.

Part of the medias job is to keep the status qoe. To not project something that would cause disruption in the way the system operates.

If the majority of Americans were to become upset and become participating activists in super large numbers, the government would not be able to keep order. It is this order that all in the relm of the powerful elites must keep in harmony.

The only place that the truth will come out is in the general public, or in the news agencies of potential enemies.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
One of the biggest reasons that comes to mind to get downright nasty towards the whole 9/11 thing is the fact that the Truthers believe that they have every right to run roughshod over everybody else in their quest to spread 'the truth'. I've seen it on many sites where Truthers actually hijack threads completely unrelated to 911 to push their agenda on everybody else.

If you take a moment to step back and let your brain entertain all the various theories and ideas you can't help but realize that some quite honestly are crazy. The idea that 3000 people were paid to leave their families behind and keep what would be the most elaborate conspiracy in the history of the world a complete secret. But thats going off on a tangent, look at how hard the Truth movement presses, and how equally vicious they get when somebody offers a counter to their concepts. Any person who has ever tried to debunk the theories winds up labeled a mouthpiece for The Man(tm), a shill for the NWO, a war-mongering baby-killing constitution-burning fiend who feeds on the blood of innocent bunnies under a full moon. Perhaps its not that the media is so violent towards the Truth movement but rather returning the temperature of debate radiated from their opposition...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Perhaps its not that the media is so violent towards the Truth movement but rather returning the temperature of debate radiated from their opposition...

For the first time ever I get to pull a classic ATS...

Care to cite your sources? I'm well aware of what the OP speaks. Scarborough, O'Reily, Hannity, Opie and Anthony, etc. But you're talking about things I don't know about. So perhaps you have links to youtube videos, articles, hijacked threads, etc, that can prove that what you are saying is true.

I'm afraid I've only seen the venom go one way.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
And you quoted the tame part Sunsetspawn. How about:

Any person who has ever tried to debunk the theories winds up labeled a mouthpiece for The Man(tm), a shill for the NWO, a war-mongering baby-killing constitution-burning fiend who feeds on the blood of innocent bunnies under a full moon.

First off, 'any person'? Broad strokes much? I too would like to see the proof of this claim. I am absolutely certain that there are plenty of people who have engaged in 911 debates with truthers, and while those debate may get heated, I am certain there are plenty of people who support the official story who haven't been labeled any of those things you list above - let alone all of them.

Secondly, your attitude stinks of 'but he started it'. If you believe there's vitriol spewed from the truthers, how does spewing your own vitriol make things any better? Fighting fire with fire or something like that? Have you ever actually tried to put out a fire using fire? Man is that truism ever flawed.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well since when is Popular Mechanics a certified investigating agency ? The FBI is the lead investigating agency with technical help from the NTSB, and we have not seen any crime scene reports from them.

Government and military people who speak out against 911 are threatend or punished. I guess freedom of speech ends when you talk about something the government does like to be talked about.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Nice post OP. I was watching Bill last night as well. Although he is slanted, I like Mr. O'Reilly. I don't always agree with him, but in general, I've always appreciated most of the things he's had to say. But I was struck when he made the comments about conspiracy theorists, and I actually remember saying, "Whoa, Bill... what are you doing?"

Now, I'm still not decided on whether or not Bill really feels that way, or if he is just part of the propaganda machine. It really is hard to say without being just as assumptive as Bill's remarks were last night. But either way, it does seem apparent that conspiracy bashing has become a staple in the MSM diet... especially since the Popular Mechanics article was printed.

I have not yet read the article, and so I cannot discredit it. Popular Mechanics is a well respected journal, and I have no reason not to consider whatever they may have to say. However, I do think that there are too many people pointing to this article as bonefied proof that no conspiracy took place.

Even a respected publication such as PM can be incorrect about things; you have to take these things with a grain of salt. As a rational thinker, I must acknowledge their point of view and never close the door to any possibilities. It is unfortunate that our news media is not as open minded as me and my constituents.

Once again, we are forced to realize that we cannot take everything the news media says as undeniable fact. We actually have to think for ourselves and be cautions of propaganda of both the intentional and unintentional variety.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Is it just me, or is the media in general rather violent in their responses to 9/11 conspiracy theories?

I was watching the news last night, Fox News, and I was just blown away by the force in which Bill and his guest responded to Rosies words on 9/11....

So much anger, and hatred if you ask me, and why?

I did a thread a long time ago from TIME on 9/11 and I saw the same venom there as well..

Do they really truly feel it is "anti-American" to speak out or question 9/11?

Am I the only one who sees this venom towards 9/11 researchers?

I believe they called any researching 9/11 to be "Crackpot scientist wanna bes"

it's because that the people who know , i mean REALLY know is that both towers collasped at the point of impact . nothing more , nothing less .
no planted bombs , no holograms , no pentagon fly-overs and all the people who were on those planes are NOT in some detention center in
git-mo or other location is ludicrous and an insult to police , firefighters ,
rescue workers and rational people everywhere . it's as easy as that .
and to them , and to most people , those are the fringe and crackpot
scientist who are in it to desperately try to make a name and some money for themselves . most of these so-called " experts " were at the low end of their class and have always felt shafted by society and their peers . and for good reason . their not the sharpest tool in the box .
bottom line , fame and fortune .
but , as always , just m2c .

edit - and it's not violent , show me one case of violence . ive never seen or heard of one . what you concider violence is no more than proving these
people wrong , and i mean WAY , WAY WRONG , and they just keep moving merrily along with blinders on . so , in a short answer , the media
is sick of these amature , armchair experts wasting their's and our time .

[edit on 4-4-2007 by gen.disaray]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
One of the biggest reasons that comes to mind to get downright nasty towards the whole 9/11 thing is the fact that the Truthers believe that they have every right to run roughshod over everybody else in their quest to spread 'the truth'. I've seen it on many sites where Truthers actually hijack threads completely unrelated to 911 to push their agenda on everybody else.

If you take a moment to step back and let your brain entertain all the various theories and ideas you can't help but realize that some quite honestly are crazy. The idea that 3000 people were paid to leave their families behind and keep what would be the most elaborate conspiracy in the history of the world a complete secret. But thats going off on a tangent, look at how hard the Truth movement presses, and how equally vicious they get when somebody offers a counter to their concepts. Any person who has ever tried to debunk the theories winds up labeled a mouthpiece for The Man(tm), a shill for the NWO, a war-mongering baby-killing constitution-burning fiend who feeds on the blood of innocent bunnies under a full moon. Perhaps its not that the media is so violent towards the Truth movement but rather returning the temperature of debate radiated from their opposition...

Ok ok We have heard all this garbage a million times!!
This is a typical comment comeing from people who belive in spoon fed media lies, and who never have done any real resurch on thier own.
Notice the name calling , you can feel the hate this person has written
the rage againce, the truth movement.
Isnt it funny how most of these people have nothing to debate.
You all have to admit this person is in a coma forget asleep

I really am at the point that I feel sorry for you.
I really dont understand why this person is in( ATS).
I think this person cames in here to exercise his hatered againce the 911 truth seekers.
ONLY angry little people post such immature rambling.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1
Well since when is Popular Mechanics a certified investigating agency ? The FBI is the lead investigating agency with technical help from the NTSB, and we have not seen any crime scene reports from them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join